US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t Mitt just stand up for what’s right ?

He’s got enough $$$.
Not up for re-election
His seat is probably his until he doesn’t want it

He may have missed out on the presidency, but if he were to stand up to the GOP/Trump he’d go down in history more revered than a POTUS
Because Mitt is, ultimately, a coward. That's why.

Is there any sense that the numbers in the senate are moving away from Trump?

It’s all a side show unless those numbers start to turn against him. If not then he’ll come out of this stronger than ever.

Is there any sense that the numbers in the senate are moving away from Trump?

It’s all a side show unless those numbers start to turn against him. If not then he’ll come out of this stronger than ever.

We should keep an eye on vulnerable swing state R senators — Collins, Gardner, Ernst — and I guess Romney to see if they start to waver. A vote to impeach might help their political survival. So far, it’s only been Romney who has said anything about the crimes Trump keeps committing.

We should keep an eye on vulnerable swing state R senators — Collins, Gardner, Ernst — and I guess Romney to see if they start to waver. A vote to impeach might help their political survival. So far, it’s only been Romney who has said anything about the crimes Trump keeps committing.

What will it take then?

Will it need Fox News to turn against Trump?

Paul Ryan works for FoxNews now (part owner or board?) and said he's now in a position to do something about Trump

They won't get all of them to turn, but I think the more "news" types vs racist entertainers will start to swing. I would imagine those types like Shep and Wallace will stick on at Fox as it becomes a less crazy form of news org

and the rest will follow to Trump TV

Trump was born to drain the swamp of people like Joe Biden. He'll go down in history for it. Probably even get a statue in DC, they can always move Lincoln.

What will it take then?

Will it need Fox News to turn against Trump?
Pence.

It'll take Pence turning to save his own hide.

Specifically if it looks like Pence is involved, there will be a lot of pressure on the Republicans to turn on Trump to save Pence in order to avoid president Pelosi.

Last edited:
Second potential Ukraine whistleblower.

And deciding if they should come forward?!? come ON!!
A dam needs to break. There are all these little cracks.
But we got Volker handing over info, the IG watchdog guy, the ICIG today, the other Ukraine envoy next week, each widening the cracks.
Another whistle blower with even more direct information. Would be huge.

The 3rd Article of Impeachment against Nixon was about him ignoring Congresssional supeonaes.

Also A CIA lawyer has put in a criminal complaint related to something trump did/did not do (sorry, tired)

CORRECTED

Top CIA lawyer made a criminal referral to the DOJ a few weeks before whistleblower broke their silence

Last edited:
If Pelosi were to make it to the White House the MAGAs would shoot up the streets and anything else

Which a silver lining would be we could confiscate a shit ton of guns

Lachlan Murdoch is not as hard core as his father (except in his desire to make $). He’s not an ideologue, he’s a profiteer. So FOX News will go where the $ is.

While it’s easy to attack the GOP members that haven’t come out against Trump, I do have some empathy. Just take a look at Mitt Romney’s Facebook page after he made his comments yesterday. Trump’s base is absolutely crazy. Not only do the GOP fear and risk losing their voters and donors, but probably fear retaliation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom