US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pompeo is not letting any state dept. officials testify.

What are the options that Dems have to punish/fine/compel them to testify?

The time of no consequences has to end. Just not sure of what they can do.

I’m no lawyer but I’m fairly certain a congressional subpoena of a witness is not something the White House can block without threats of prosecution.

I’m no lawyer but I’m fairly certain a congressional subpoena of a witness is not something the White House can block without threats of prosecution.

They can refuse to comply but then that has to go through the courts, which can be a long and drawn out process. Eventually they'll be compelled, the issue is when. I believe that this would move faster through the process than a general subpoena due to the fact that it's in relation to an impeachment hearing but still not exactly lightning fast.

I do know that they are including the warning in the subpoena that if it isn't complied with, that it will be evidence of a separate article of impeachment for obstruction.

Which some are speculating as to why they sent these to the State Dept. first. Expecting them to be blocked and being able to use it as obstruction.
This makes some sense because they do, in effect have all the evidence they need for impeachment.
If they get a few more witnesses and the whistleblower themselves to testify. That's all they need.

And let's be honest. More will come out almost every day as we go through this. Yesterday brought like 4 new things in itself.

Give him a break - he's just an honest principled conservative with strong Christian values in a decadent libtard world

What I stated were facts, straight from multiple reputable news sources. You may have missed it if all you get your news from is Rachel Maddow or The Huffington Post, but everything I stated about Hillary, Obama, Comey, Loretta Lynch, etc. are well acknowledged facts.

What did I say that hasn't been proven as factual?

The behaviour of the various members of the Trump administration totally screams "I'm innocent!"

What I stated were facts, straight from multiple reputable news sources. You may have missed it if all you get your news from is Rachel Maddow or The Huffington Post, but everything I stated about Hillary, Obama, Comey, Loretta Lynch, etc. are well acknowledged facts.

What you stated was... checks notes... not "facts", or at the very least, factually based nuggets stretched to fit your narrative; specifically the horse shit about how Hillary Clinton was CLEARLY hiding things are cause she smashed her phones.

I fucking smash my phones and hard drives when I'm completely done with them - clearly because I'm trying to hide state secrets.

https://www.wired.com/2016/09/actually-clinton-destroyed-phones-better/

It's right wing, Hannity horse shit.

Even something like Bill Clinton and Lynch meeting shows your clear bias.

One case is a guess - one is backed up with actual spoken words and documents from the actual players involved.

But the guess, an educated one at that, in your mind clearly shows corrupt intent; and the one where the morons actually released the evidence THEMSELVES that showed they did it? "Let's see where it leads"

I was just thinking? Ya know what this controversy is missing? Neo-Nazis.

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1178815911349964801?s=19

That's a bingo!

*Ding, ding!*
I guess somebody gets a prize- but not most Americans.

Woah! geeeez. :angry:
from the above twitter stream:
"Gorka is a wanted man in Hungary can someone in Interpoll please nab him."

Sounds good to me.

They can refuse to comply but then that has to go through the courts, which can be a long and drawn out process. Eventually they'll be compelled, the issue is when. I believe that this would move faster through the process than a general subpoena due to the fact that it's in relation to an impeachment hearing but still not exactly lightning fast.
:sigh:

I do know that they are including the warning in the subpoena that if it isn't complied with, that it will be evidence of a separate article of impeachment for obstruction.

Which some are speculating as to why they sent these to the State Dept. first. Expecting them to be blocked and being able to use it as obstruction.
This makes some sense because they do, in effect have all the evidence they need for impeachment.
If they get a few more witnesses and the whistleblower themselves to testify. That's all they need.

And let's be honest. More will come out almost every day as we go through this. Yesterday brought like 4 new things in itself.
maybe, hopefully

The behaviour of the various members of the Trump administration totally screams "I'm innocent!"

:panic: :panic: :panic:
Ehh, yup.

heh.

Last edited:
Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.

This seems normal.

I didn’t want your librul elitist liebull lawyer analysis and expertise.

(but really, thank you)

Now here this (surprise!!!!)
:gah:

Rep. Devin Nunes believes a Republican majority is the last line of defense for President Trump from the Russia probe.

Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California, who chaired the House Intelligence Committee, was secretly recorded during a closed-door fundraiser last July telling attendees that the GOP must maintain majority status, because they are the final layer of protection for the president.

Aired by MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, the tape confirms what has long been assumed about Nunes: he is more concerned with protecting President Donald Trump than defending the United States of America.

like i said i need new curse words!

from Business Insider

Rep Maxine Waters-
And in a Tuesday tweet, Waters took her criticisms a step further and said that Trump should be "imprisoned & placed in solitary confinement" over his frequent attacks against the intelligence community whistleblower who filed an explosive complaint against him.

The whistleblower wrote that Trump used "the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election" in a July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky shortly after withholding $400 million in military aid to Ukraine previously approved by Congress.

from Rachael Maddow via WaPo

AG Barr is going around the world trying to get various countries to drop sanctions on Russia

Which is also why he wants Ukraine to make "a deal" Russia. This will drop some of sanctions on Russia.

Last edited:
anitram can't find your quote so....

...between what I've read, heard on radio and your thoughts -

there's no way to get person x, information x from trump and his allies, toadies, the coerced (etc) once they stone wall legalise-wise?

Unless some one jumps ship, leaks etc

later, peeps! :wave:

Are you insane? The last two nonsense ridden posts you've made, I have disproved every point. Every one. Please go back and review instead of me having to restate it all here for you.

So what does everyone think about this whole "Urgent Request" of the IG to come in immediately to speak to the investigative committees??? This is really getting interesting.

Pompeo threatening his own department to not work with congress probably has something to do with it

Maybe the fact that Barr is working to undermine his own justice department and fbi might have something to do with it

Things are only gonna get worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom