US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Positive news if you are a Warren fan...

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) appears to be growing her share of support from black voters, who have been slow to warm to her campaign.

A new poll from NBC News and The Wall Street Journal found Warren in second place among black voters with 13 percent support, her best showing in any poll to date. That’s up from 8 percent in the previous survey from July, although the 5-point swing is within the poll’s margin of error.

An Economist–YouGov survey released Wednesday found Warren’s support among black voters at 11 percent, up from 5 percent in July. And the latest Politico–Morning Consult survey found Warren gaining 5 points among black voters.

Former Vice President Joe Biden still dominates the field with black voters, and he’ll be the favorite to win the nomination unless that changes. Biden pulled 49 percent support from black voters in the NBC-Journal poll, a 36-point lead over Warren.

But Warren is showing signs of life here after public opinion surveys from earlier in the cycle showed her languishing in the single digits among black voters, raising criticism from some quarters that her appeal was limited to wealthy white liberals on the coasts.

Democratic strategists say Warren’s gains are enough to indicate that black voters are at least open to considering her candidacy, leaving her in prime position to capitalize down the road if she can maintain her upward trajectory in the race.

Only 9 percent of voters in the NBC-Journal poll said their minds are definitely made up, and Warren is the top second choice for voters.

“She’s expanding her coalition, and that’s a credit to her strategy and messaging and the bottom-up campaign she’s built to this point,” said Democratic strategist Antjuan Seawright.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/462072-warren-shows-signs-of-broadening-her-base

This whistleblower in the IC seems like a big deal right ? Can’t wait to see the GOP attack and claim DEEP STATE

I think it’s likely this foreign leader was Putin.

This whistleblower in the IC seems like a big deal right ? Can’t wait to see the GOP attack and claim DEEP STATE

I think it’s likely this foreign leader was Putin.

It's like he's begging to be impeached.

dopey's own lawyers confirmed in court filings today that the state of new york is conducting a criminal investigation into our glorious orange leader

EE2MeppX4AE4ASm

https://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-played-trump-misinformation-tillerson-160927885.html

Washington (AFP) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu skillfully "played" US President Donald Trump by plying him with inaccurate information, former secretary of state Rex Tillerson said.

Netanyahu, who is fighting for his political life after close elections, was "a bit Machiavellian" and would share "misinformation" with the United States, according to Trump's former top diplomat.

Tillerson, who was fired by Trump last year, made the observations during a forum Tuesday at Harvard University as reported by The Harvard Gazette, the university's official news outlet.

"In dealing with Bibi, it's always useful to carry a healthy amount of skepticism in your discussions with him," he was quoted as saying, using Netanyahu's nickname.

"They did that with the president on a couple of occasions, to persuade him that 'We're the good guys, they're the bad guys.'

"We later exposed it to the president so he understood, 'You've been played,'" Tillerson said, according to the newspaper.

Hey, Trump supporters, remember when we said Trump would be utterly shit at dealing with foreign policy stuff? Yeah.

What does Trump have on Giuliani that Giuliani is willing to make a complete fool of himself to say nothing of his likely criminal behaviour to boot. Is Giuliani that much of a grifter?

What does Trump have on Giuliani that Giuliani is willing to make a complete fool of himself to say nothing of his likely criminal behaviour to boot. Is Giuliani that much of a grifter?

I watched him with Chris Cuomo last night, he's totally unhinged. It was painful to watch yet I couldn't look away. If Biden gets the nomination ( I don't think he will) they will go full on with this Ukraine bribery thing.

Giuliani definitely has some sort of thing for Trump and I don't think it's far fetched at all to believe that Trump has lots of dirt on him. All those years in the same circles in NYC. Rudy has tons of dirt on Trump too.

I have a Rudy autographed book-fire kindling. Bet it couldn't even get $20 on EBay

Rudy Giuliani acknowledged on Thursday that he had asked top Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, an admission that comes as Capitol Hill Democrats investigate whether President Donald Trump and his personal lawyer are pressuring Ukraine’s government to dig up dirt on a 2020 election rival.

“So you did ask Ukraine to look into Joe Biden?” CNN’s Chris Cuomo asked Giuliani in an interview on Thursday evening.

“Of course I did,” Giuliani shot back.

Sad thing is sad.

I watched him with Chris Cuomo last night, he's totally unhinged. It was painful to watch yet I couldn't look away.

I honestly sat there thinking, does nobody care about this man? Enough to see that he's clearly unwell and should not be allowed to further debase himself on live television?

What’s unwell is the Democratic Party.

How many more obvious examples of lawlessness need to happen before they actually do something besides tweet or go on talk shows ?

Trump doesn’t want to get impeached, he wants to keep doing impeachable things and get away with it. And he is. He gets crazier every day and his minions get more confident as well. Lying to Congress, the media, the American public.

Michael Cohen has to wonder how did he end up being the guy going to prison (as well as Manafort)??

Fuck we need another special counsel just to examine this Ukraine bribe.

And he's going right back to his "but her e-mails" strategy. Now the media is discussing Biden, his son and a too-complicated-for-the-average-person conspiracy theory. What utter nonsense.

Ukraine, if you’re listening....

When trump made that statement before (with Russia) he said the media would be rewarded and he was right.

Now they’re going to do the same thing...Biden’s Son!!!

Looks like 2016 all over again.
If you ever mention the Bernie Bros, online prepare to be inundated with a swarm of responses how that is total bullshit and a made up thing and Sander supporters are the best, and never engage in horrible behavior, etc...

I was a Bernie supporter for much of 2016. But even I couldn't escape the wrath of Bernie supporters if I dared point out any fault of his. I have to admit my late switch to Clinton was driven in part by the borderline insane interactions i would have with Bernie people online.

Now here we are in 2019 and we see their charming ways are still intact.

https://time.com/5681261/working-families-party-harassment/

In the days since the Working Families Party endorsed Senator Elizabeth Warren for President on Monday, staffers at the progressive group have received hundreds of furious messages, including several using racial slurs against black staffers and at least one celebrating a junior employee’s rape.

Maurice Mitchell, the National Director of the Working Families Party (WFP) and an organizer with the Movement for Black Lives, received messages calling him a “half man” and “Uncle Tom,” and telling him to “go back to his slave masters,”

WFP organizer Ember Ollom, a rape survivor who has tweeted about her assault, received a message that said: “We were raped by this process, so I’m happy it happened to you.”

You know because that corporate whore, oligarch-humping, neo-liberal Elizabeth Warren should NOT receive and endorsement that clearly should go to Sanders... :|

note to future historians: this part of the thread is the one in which the eternal war with iran starts.
:sigh:

let's hope it doesn't turn out like that.
It was mean.

And he should do it again. And again. And again.

We need to stop nominating candidates who are in their mid to late 70s for this job. Cognitive decline is a real thing. It's not ageist to suggest so. It's reality.

That said - Biden's gaffes have been discussed ad nauseum. His record player comment trended for days.
It's ageist if you make it a totally blanket statement. There are 80+ yr olds that are as sharp as tacks, doing mentally chalanging jobs.

dopey's own lawyers confirmed in court filings today that the state of new york is conducting a criminal investigation into our glorious orange leader

EE2MeppX4AE4ASm
:whistle:
:fingerscrossed:

Idk, but he has been rascist, and mean (nyc'r and around during his tenure).

I watched him with Chris Cuomo last night, he's totally unhinged. It was painful to watch yet I couldn't look away. If Biden gets the nomination ( I don't think he will) they will go full on with this Ukraine bribery thing.

Giuliani definitely has some sort of thing for Trump and I don't think it's far fetched at all to believe that Trump has lots of dirt on him. All those years in the same circles in NYC. Rudy has tons of dirt on Trump too.

I have a Rudy autographed book-fire kindling. Bet it couldn't even get $20 on EBay

Definitely not too far fetched.
Another reason i was leary of trump back in the day - his lawyer was Roy Cohen.

If a de Blasio campaign falls in the woods, does it make a sound?
:lol:
dB has done some progressive stuff, but other things no, not sure he's up to the caliber i'd want in a President.

Looks like 2016 all over again.
If you ever the Bernie Bros, online prepare to be inundated with a swarm of responses how that is total bullshit and a made up thing and Sander supporters are the best, and never engage in horrible behavior, etc...

I was a Bernie supporter for much of 2016. But even I couldn't escape the wrath of Bernie supporters if I dared point out any fault of his. I have to admit my late switch to Clinton was driven in part by the borderline insane interactions i would have with Bernie people online.

Now here we are in 2019 and we see their charming ways are still intact.

https://time.com/5681261/working-families-party-harassment/

In the days since the Working Families Party endorsed Senator Elizabeth Warren for President on Monday, staffers at the progressive group have received hundreds of furious messages, including several using racial slurs against black staffers and at least one celebrating a junior employee’s rape.

Maurice Mitchell, the National Director of the Working Families Party (WFP) and an organizer with the Movement for Black Lives, received messages calling him a “half man” and “Uncle Tom,” and telling him to “go back to his slave masters,”

WFP organizer Ember Ollom, a rape survivor who has tweeted about her assault, received a message that said: “We were raped by this process, so I’m happy it happened to you.”

You know because that corporate whore, oligarch-humping, neo-liberal Elizabeth Warren should NOT receive and endorsement that clearly should go to Sanders... :|

Wow :crack: had not heard about this WPF stuff! I something vote on their line vs Democrats. Beyond disgusting!

Oh, woah, these over rabid bernie bros going at you wf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom