US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2019, 12:10 AM   #641
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:06 PM
Good article.

Quote:
At first, it was a mere curiosity. During the 2016 campaign, Graham had called Trump a “nutjob” and a loser,” as well as a “race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot.” He predicted that if the GOP nominated him, “we will get destroyed … and we will deserve it.”
Can't argue with him there. And I will have no sympathy for them as they fall. I mean, c'mon, this:

Quote:
Graham told himself: by staying close to Trump, he could influence him and prevent horribly bad decisions.
If anyone seriously believed this, if anyone honestly thought that after the first time Trump made it clear he wasn't going to listen to professionals and experts, they were going to fare any better, they're even dumber than I thought. Don't sit here and act all shocked that Trump made another impulsive decision, GOP, you knew damn well he's been like this for the past THREE FUCKING YEARS. He's openly bragged about how he knows more than military officials, for God's sakes (which should've offended you guys, since, y'know, you love to brag all the time about how "patriotic" you are and how much you "support our troops" and blah, blah, blah, but hey, I guess it's more important to placate and encourage Trump's immature braggadocio instead, right?).

Like I said, if their turning on him means we get Trump out of here quicker, I'll go with it, but I don't want them to be absolved of their role in letting this insanity go on for as long as it has, either.

Old 10-08-2019, 01:02 AM   #642
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:06 AM
One bizarre side effect of the Trump presidency is actually being able to listen and agree with most of what Bill Krystol and David Frum have to say.

This is list with a new twist I hadn't considered...

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status...73686239465474

Old 10-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #643
Rock n' Roll Doggie

https://us.yahoo.com/news/conflict-o...235239996.html
Old 10-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #644
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:06 PM
In my great and unmatched wisdom is in the next thread title, Emperor Trump decreed it yesterday.

I bet he is the real killer of Iron Man too, hate you 3000 for that Orange Clown

Click image for larger version

Name:	EGTHIWyUwAElgRq.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	12323
Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #645
Blue Crack Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	933.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	12324
Old 10-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #646
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
A new poll out Tuesday from the Washington Post and the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University shows dramatic shifts in support of the impeachment process with 58 percent of the country now saying they support the impeachment inquiry and nearly half—49 percent—saying they support removing Trump from office.

The level of support for the impeachment process predictably differs along party lines, but none of the recent indicators are good for the president. “Since a July poll by The Post and ABC, there has been movement toward an impeachment inquiry among all three groups, with support for the inquiry rising by 25 points among Democrats, 21 points among Republicans and 20 points among independents,” the Post notes. Trump’s Ukraine phone call—which occurred in July but wasn’t reported on until September—has clearly altered Americans’ perspective on possible impeachment. It’s unclear how much Trump’s unhinged, all-caps response to growing impeachment pressure has changed opinions in the moderate corner of his own party, as well as among independents.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...publicans.html
Pence better start warming up.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #647
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/stat...347046402?s=21

I assume Trump and GOP are assuming Dems won’t actually enforce the laws

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...405920262?s=21
Old 10-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #648
Blue Crack Supplier

The best thing about the Trump folks is that they act guilty as hell about literally *everything* they are accused of.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #649
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/statu...483038209?s=21

MAGA - we’ll release his emails
If you release HER EMAILS!!!
Old 10-08-2019, 10:16 AM   #650
Blue Crack Supplier

No puppet. No puppet. You’re the puppet.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #651
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

So more blocking of testimony. You know, to talk about that perfect phone call.

I have this feeling that the Marie Yovanovitch testimony will be really important.
They are scrambling to block her now...
Old 10-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #652
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
No puppet. No puppet. You’re the puppet.
amazing.
the moment when the child says he didn't eat the candybar and has chocolate all over his face.

Now that's an everyday occurrence. I'm not corrupt, Biden's corrupt and I'm the champion of anti-corruption.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:34 AM   #653
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Remember when the president made the vice president stay at a hotel on the complete other side of Ireland simply because it meant that tax payer dollars would flow into the president's own pockets?

Remember when he made air force cargo plane land in a remote Scottish airport located near a Trump resort, so that the airport would stay afloat, which was vital to his resort's survival, even though it was totally out of the way and would cost significantly more?

Remember when he planned to have the G7 at a shitty hotel near the Miami airport simply because it will make himself richer?

Remember how he spends every single weekend at a location which requires tax payer money to flow into his pockets?

Remember how foreign governments are buying out entire blocks of his DC hotel to cozy up to him?

Remember when he kowtowed to the Russians so that he could build a skyscraper?

Remember when he allowed the Saudi government to dismember an American journalist because Jared has real estate deals to think of?

Remember when he held up military aid to an ally that was being invaded in an attempt to aid his reelection campaign?
Old 10-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #654
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Remember when the president made the vice president stay at a hotel on the complete other side of Ireland simply because it meant that tax payer dollars would flow into the president's own pockets?

Remember when he made air force cargo plane land in a remote Scottish airport located near a Trump resort, so that the airport would stay afloat, which was vital to his resort's survival, even though it was totally out of the way and would cost significantly more?

Remember when he planned to have the G7 at a shitty hotel near the Miami airport simply because it will make himself richer?

Remember how he spends every single weekend at a location which requires tax payer money to flow into his pockets?

Remember how foreign governments are buying out entire blocks of his DC hotel to cozy up to him?

Remember when he kowtowed to the Russians so that he could build a skyscraper?

Remember when he allowed the Saudi government to dismember an American journalist because Jared has real estate deals to think of?

Remember when he held up military aid to an ally that was being invaded in an attempt to aid his reelection campaign?

That’s all well and good but I’d rather live in an America where it isn’t illegal to fly the American flag, like it was under OBAMA.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #655
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
this is totally normal for a healthy economy and in no way will lead to future ruin, this is absolutely not exactly the same tax situation as in 1780s france, nothing to see here folks:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e-wealthy.html
I'm obviously more towards the center on financial issues than you, but even I think this is fucking nuts.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #656
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It's why we can't have nice stuff
Old 10-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #657
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

This doesn’t defeat your point, but Glasgow Prestwick isn’t a remote airport. I’m pretty sure it historically served both the USAF and the RAF, and for the most part is a dying airport that’s frequently used by Ryanair but might otherwise be converted into a space port.

But also Trump himself has personal dealings at Glasgow Prestwick, so it’s not exactly like, unclear that he chose it on purpose.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #658
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
The best thing about the Trump folks is that they act guilty as hell about literally *everything* they are accused of.
Right? The one upside to them being so goddamn stupid, they're making this investigation so incredibly easy.

Quote:
A new poll out Tuesday from the Washington Post and the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University shows dramatic shifts in support of the impeachment process with 58 percent of the country now saying they support the impeachment inquiry and nearly half—49 percent—saying they support removing Trump from office.
This is wonderful news. I sure hope our Trump supporting posters are reading all of this-if I were them (and had, y'know, any sense of shame or humility besides), I'd be feeling pretty embarrassed right about now.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #659
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Pence better start warming up.
Presumably he'd need to have a pulse for that to be possible.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #660
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So is there even a point to issuing a subpoena if they know it won't be followed through? The Dems aren't going to get any of these criminals to follow the law.

Start throwing them in jail or they'll continue to act like this.