US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
General Mattis completely roasted Trump at the Al Smith dinner last night. Saw clips this morning, I need to see the whole thing.

He said he earned his spurs on the battlefield, not in a letter from a doctor.

Good to see Ocasio-Cortez, Omar, and Tlaib officially endorse Sanders. Any other decision would have let the media of the hook on the whole "Warren is Sanders with pragmatism!" nonsense.

Also very amused that Neera Tanden's new attack line on Medicare for All is "Do you want Donald Trump in charge of your healthcare?" Getting into the wine at all hours, it seems.

The debate question about Ellen DeGeneres was fucking embarrassing, as is all defense of her defending a war criminal as "someone who disagrees with me."

Pelosi seems more interested in winning the news cycle and twitter than stopping this disaster in the White House

[tweet]1184888123895009280[/tweet]

Her main contributions to defeating Trump have been being photographed putting on sunglasses, being photographed clapping at one of his speeches, and being photographed pointing in his direction at a meeting.

hillary clinton straight up calls jill stein a russian asset and says that the russians are grooming gabbard to be their third-party spoiler candidate this time around. :ohmy:

Tulsi is a Russian asset. Her talking points come straight from Russia or Syria depending on what the context of the question is

After every debate the person who trends the most is Tulsi despite having no footprint at all within the polls or in the debate

And then there’s this which i tried to link before and it was a Seth tweet instead

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-usa-cybersecurity-idUSKBN1WW1TL

What could possibly go wrong with this joint venture ??

hillary clinton straight up calls jill stein a russian asset and says that the russians are grooming gabbard to be their third-party spoiler candidate this time around. :ohmy:

hillary clinton is right about a lot of things. it's what makes her so unlikeable.

After every debate the person who trends the most is Tulsi despite having no footprint at all within the polls or in the debate

Gabbard trends because she looks great on camera. She also comes across reasonably well even though she's throwing elbows up there.

But as for the social media hits, mostly Reason #1 :wink:

Her angry statement towards clinton really makes her look bad. She could’ve just shrugged it off as Clinton being a thing of the past who doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

saying to clinton "it's now clear that this primary is between you and me" also doesn't make her sound completely and utterly delusional at all.

"queen of the warmongers" was pretty good tho.

Last edited:
Perhaps Mrs. Clinton really WANTED to elevate Gabbard in the news cycle.

Mrs. Clinton is right about a lot of things, after all.

Perhaps Mrs. Clinton really WANTED to elevate Gabbard in the news cycle.

Mrs. Clinton is right about a lot of things, after all.

Mrs Clinton didn’t even mention Tulsi’s name. She called Jill Stein the asset. She mentioned a 2020 dem candidate most likely will run as 3rd party

Why did Tulsi assume it was her and not Beto??????

Elijah Cummings has passed away :-/

Initial reports are from long term health issues he has been battling.

He was chairman of House Oversight and Reform which was part of impeachment inquiry

Very sad
Yup. :(
I had to do a double take (listening to radio). 'Wait...is that who i think that is?' Didn't know he was having serious health problems.

He's just not willing to let the old man or his vampire brother to win the competition for dumbest Trump so easily.
Geeez, so unselfaware!

Totally get the frustration. But if she moves fast it’ll go through the Senate and lose. Then he remains in office. I think she’s allowing him to hang himself and once he goes too far, and the GOP turns on him, then it’s time to strike.
Sounds reasonable, and still frustrating! And hoping that nothing worse happens before then, allowing th at so much bad stuff had happened from day 1.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't discount the possibility of Trump holding up an election loss with lawsuits, specifically if it's close... but an impeachment removal is our best chance of having zero issues from the actual government.

I do fear some sort of violent reaction from the fringe right if/when Trump leaves office against his will - be that impeachment or by losing in 2020. I think there's a distinct possibility of an Oklahoma City style attack in the months/years following his eventual end.

Unfortunately this is not inconceivable. :crack: :(

From fb

NEW DETAIL per three sources: Trump said several times in mtg he wasn't concerned about terrorists 7,000 miles away. After Pelosi & Hoyer left,
@RepLizCheney
spoke up to remind Trump that the terrorists responsible for 9/11 "came from 7,000 miles away" themselves.

He's so willfully ignorant!!! :gah:

from fb
Polly Sigh
@dcpoll
A Republican source in Trump-Pelosi meeting yesterday was "alarmed at Trump's demeanor" and "worries about Trump's stability."

Other senior Republicans in the room were "sickened" by Trump's behavior. Generals in the room "were very upset."
Quote Tweet

Josh Campbell
@joshscampbell
· Oct 17
A Republican source inside the Trump-Pelosi meeting described attendees as “shaken” and “shell-shocked” by the President’s demeanor.

“He is not in control of himself. It is all yelling and screaming.”

—@jamiegangel reports

Then open your goddamn mouths in person to the press! Help freaking save the USA and the World, from this OOC willfully ignorant, cruel, ubergreedy, racist, violent sexist, immigrant- hating, and islamophobic, climate-change denying, narcissistic sociopath. :crack:

I'm glad i actually missed part of this for a day or two- ie like not going into a (understandable) reactive rant (above). Had heard about Pelosi, but not seen the General's (cabinet meeting) photo, nor the anonymous reports.

saying to clinton "it's now clear that this primary is between you and me" also doesn't make her sound completely and utterly delusional at all.
Wow, hadn't heard that. Definitely weird! Waiting for TG to take off a glove and slap HC with it , "I challenge you to a duel!" :|

i really haven't paid much attention to TG. Of course, her service deserves a thank you. But hadn't picked up much on this "Russian asset" rumor.

"queen of the warmongers" was pretty good tho.
No, it's not.

That’s ridiculous. Not every moron is a Russian asset.
Depends on whether you consider a Russian asset to be someone actively working on behalf of the GRU, or Russian asset as in useful idiot propped that they decide to push on social media because they're a useful idiot, and millions of people debate whether or not the useful idiot is an actual spy because we're all idiots.

Depends on whether you consider a Russian asset to be someone actively working on behalf of the GRU, or Russian asset as in useful idiot propped that they decide to push on social media because they're a useful idiot, and millions of people debate whether or not the useful idiot is an actual spy because we're all idiots.

I would agree to the latter being what she means, but it’s a poor way to describe it. When one is being “groomed” it usually implies some complicit behavior.

I would agree to the latter being what she means, but it’s a poor way to describe it. When one is being “groomed” it usually implies some complicit behavior.
But is groomed really that far fetched, even in the useful idiot scenario?

You can be groomed without being actively involved and willing.

This is equating Tulsi to Trump. She’s not as bad as everyone makes her seem. She’s just not that good, either.

She would undoubtedly disavow Russian interference.

Jill Stein was always a third party candidate though. Tulsi has always been a Democrat. If Clinton thinks she’s doing a favor by preempting Tulsi, she’s not. People (especially Tulsi’s base of awkward Democrats and estranged Republicans) don’t want to hear from her.

Oh Tulsi

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/1184946997595430918

https://twitter.com/cbouzy/status/1185332311983869952

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/status/1185353004213514240

And Jill
interesting thread to give a full read.

https://twitter.com/cjcmichel/status/1185214330205327360

I had some inklings about Yang and bubbling support from the Reddit/4Chan swamp-donkeys. Was also surprised with his straight-from-Trump statement about "we meddle in elections too". The next day Maddow had him on and asked him what elections did the US meddle in . He couldn't name one. She asked, well you must know some that you feel concerned about... And still nothin. Not sure what's going on with this guy.

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/1185384587146350594

It’s like you still can’t accept that Donald Trump won FAIR AND SQUARE with or without Russians and bots and assets. He totally didn’t need those to win in the greatest election ever, and he certainly isn’t trying to fix the election again in 2020 in the way that it totally wasn’t fixed in 2016. He’s not acting that way at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom