US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2019, 06:50 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Canada's Ralph Northam
not even remotely close, but nice try with that extremely dumb take.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
https://twitter.com/danielalapidous/...71957620981760

"- In counties that went Obama-Trump, Bernie has 3x more donations than next D candidate"

No two ways about it - having that many individual donors is really impressive.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:05 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

What does Trump have on Giuliani that Giuliani is willing to make a complete fool of himself to say nothing of his likely criminal behaviour to boot. Is Giuliani that much of a grifter?
Old 09-20-2019, 12:47 AM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
People have been talking for the last three years how much he really hates being and didn't actually want to be president, so...

Seriously, though, I really hope this whistleblower news actually does become the catalyst for finally getting him the hell out of here.
Oh Amen!
Old 09-20-2019, 07:07 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
What does Trump have on Giuliani that Giuliani is willing to make a complete fool of himself to say nothing of his likely criminal behaviour to boot. Is Giuliani that much of a grifter?
I watched him with Chris Cuomo last night, he's totally unhinged. It was painful to watch yet I couldn't look away. If Biden gets the nomination ( I don't think he will) they will go full on with this Ukraine bribery thing.

Giuliani definitely has some sort of thing for Trump and I don't think it's far fetched at all to believe that Trump has lots of dirt on him. All those years in the same circles in NYC. Rudy has tons of dirt on Trump too.

I have a Rudy autographed book-fire kindling. Bet it couldn't even get $20 on EBay
Old 09-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Rudy Giuliani acknowledged on Thursday that he had asked top Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, an admission that comes as Capitol Hill Democrats investigate whether President Donald Trump and his personal lawyer are pressuring Ukraine’s government to dig up dirt on a 2020 election rival.

“So you did ask Ukraine to look into Joe Biden?” CNN’s Chris Cuomo asked Giuliani in an interview on Thursday evening.

“Of course I did,” Giuliani shot back.
Sad thing is sad.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:53 AM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

If a de Blasio campaign falls in the woods, does it make a sound?
Old 09-20-2019, 10:17 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I watched him with Chris Cuomo last night, he's totally unhinged. It was painful to watch yet I couldn't look away.
I honestly sat there thinking, does nobody care about this man? Enough to see that he's clearly unwell and should not be allowed to further debase himself on live television?
Old 09-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:10 AM
What’s unwell is the Democratic Party.

How many more obvious examples of lawlessness need to happen before they actually do something besides tweet or go on talk shows ?

Trump doesn’t want to get impeached, he wants to keep doing impeachable things and get away with it. And he is. He gets crazier every day and his minions get more confident as well. Lying to Congress, the media, the American public.

Michael Cohen has to wonder how did he end up being the guy going to prison (as well as Manafort)??

Fuck we need another special counsel just to examine this Ukraine bribe.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

And he's going right back to his "but her e-mails" strategy. Now the media is discussing Biden, his son and a too-complicated-for-the-average-person conspiracy theory. What utter nonsense.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ukraine, if you’re listening....

When trump made that statement before (with Russia) he said the media would be rewarded and he was right.

Now they’re going to do the same thing...Biden’s Son!!!
Old 09-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/npr/status/1175117647761104896?s=21

Congress can’t change the DOJ memo stating you can’t indict a sitting president

Have to start asking what does Trump have on her that’s causing her to be a coward
Old 09-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Absolutely nothing went wrong the last time we sent troops to Saudi Arabia. Nothing at all. Everyone over there took it well.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1175183965361061888?s=21

At the request of the kingdom. Wonder how much cash they’re giving Trump for this soon to be war ?
Old 09-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Absolutely nothing went wrong the last time we sent troops to Saudi Arabia. Nothing at all. Everyone over there took it well.
Why do you hate freedom?
Old 09-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Looks like 2016 all over again.
If you ever mention the Bernie Bros, online prepare to be inundated with a swarm of responses how that is total bullshit and a made up thing and Sander supporters are the best, and never engage in horrible behavior, etc...

I was a Bernie supporter for much of 2016. But even I couldn't escape the wrath of Bernie supporters if I dared point out any fault of his. I have to admit my late switch to Clinton was driven in part by the borderline insane interactions i would have with Bernie people online.

Now here we are in 2019 and we see their charming ways are still intact.

https://time.com/5681261/working-fam...ty-harassment/

In the days since the Working Families Party endorsed Senator Elizabeth Warren for President on Monday, staffers at the progressive group have received hundreds of furious messages, including several using racial slurs against black staffers and at least one celebrating a junior employee’s rape.

Maurice Mitchell, the National Director of the Working Families Party (WFP) and an organizer with the Movement for Black Lives, received messages calling him a “half man” and “Uncle Tom,” and telling him to “go back to his slave masters,”

WFP organizer Ember Ollom, a rape survivor who has tweeted about her assault, received a message that said: “We were raped by this process, so I’m happy it happened to you.”

You know because that corporate whore, oligarch-humping, neo-liberal Elizabeth Warren should NOT receive and endorsement that clearly should go to Sanders...
Old 09-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
note to future historians: this part of the thread is the one in which the eternal war with iran starts.

let's hope it doesn't turn out like that.
Quote:
It was mean.

And he should do it again. And again. And again.

We need to stop nominating candidates who are in their mid to late 70s for this job. Cognitive decline is a real thing. It's not ageist to suggest so. It's reality.

That said - Biden's gaffes have been discussed ad nauseum. His record player comment trended for days.
It's ageist if you make it a totally blanket statement. There are 80+ yr olds that are as sharp as tacks, doing mentally chalanging jobs.

Quote:
dopey's own lawyers confirmed in court filings today that the state of new york is conducting a criminal investigation into our glorious orange leader

:fingerscrossed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Idk, but he has been rascist, and mean (nyc'r and around during his tenure).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I watched him with Chris Cuomo last night, he's totally unhinged. It was painful to watch yet I couldn't look away. If Biden gets the nomination ( I don't think he will) they will go full on with this Ukraine bribery thing.

Giuliani definitely has some sort of thing for Trump and I don't think it's far fetched at all to believe that Trump has lots of dirt on him. All those years in the same circles in NYC. Rudy has tons of dirt on Trump too.

I have a Rudy autographed book-fire kindling. Bet it couldn't even get $20 on EBay
Definitely not too far fetched.
Another reason i was leary of trump back in the day - his lawyer was Roy Cohen.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:49 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
If a de Blasio campaign falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

dB has done some progressive stuff, but other things no, not sure he's up to the caliber i'd want in a President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Looks like 2016 all over again.
If you ever the Bernie Bros, online prepare to be inundated with a swarm of responses how that is total bullshit and a made up thing and Sander supporters are the best, and never engage in horrible behavior, etc...

I was a Bernie supporter for much of 2016. But even I couldn't escape the wrath of Bernie supporters if I dared point out any fault of his. I have to admit my late switch to Clinton was driven in part by the borderline insane interactions i would have with Bernie people online.

Now here we are in 2019 and we see their charming ways are still intact.

https://time.com/5681261/working-fam...ty-harassment/

In the days since the Working Families Party endorsed Senator Elizabeth Warren for President on Monday, staffers at the progressive group have received hundreds of furious messages, including several using racial slurs against black staffers and at least one celebrating a junior employee’s rape.

Maurice Mitchell, the National Director of the Working Families Party (WFP) and an organizer with the Movement for Black Lives, received messages calling him a “half man” and “Uncle Tom,” and telling him to “go back to his slave masters,”

WFP organizer Ember Ollom, a rape survivor who has tweeted about her assault, received a message that said: “We were raped by this process, so I’m happy it happened to you.”

You know because that corporate whore, oligarch-humping, neo-liberal Elizabeth Warren should NOT receive and endorsement that clearly should go to Sanders...
Wow had not heard about this WPF stuff! I something vote on their line vs Democrats. Beyond disgusting!

Oh, woah, these over rabid bernie bros going at you wf.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:50 PM   #59
Acrobat

It doesn’t get much clearer than this, sorry that it’s from Facebook, but the clip is actually from C-Span and completely unaltered from the Congressional hearing. I hope that satisfies anyone’s annoyance with the source and the actual issues can be discussed

https://www.facebook.com/conserveour...7980814411084/
Old 09-20-2019, 11:07 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict