US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #461
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
this is not that far off from if nixon went on live tv and flat out said "yes, i ordered the break-in at the watergate. also, i'm looking for someone else to break into another DNC office tonight to see if there's any dirt there too".

At this point, we have to think that he wants impeachment because he believes it will motivate his base next fall. He can spend a year complaining about how the elites tried to overturn a legitimate election. Since 2018 racist “caravan invasion” didn’t work, I guess he’s trying this? He knows he’s fucked. So double-down.

Where it gets interesting — because he will be impeached by the house — is when it goes to the Senate.

Does a vote to convict by, say, Collins become atonement for Kavanaugh and a way for her to survive 2020?

And if Trump is somehow convicted by the Senate and booted out, does he channel that grievance into Trump TV?

Old 10-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:11 AM
He’s scared shitless because for the first time in his life it’s possible he can be punished

But i think he truly gets joy breaking norms, laws etc out in the open.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Does a vote to convict by, say, Collins become atonement for Kavanaugh and a way for her to survive 2020?
There is no way that Susan Collins will be the principled red line so to speak. If the GOP turns on him in substantial numbers, it will be because red-state GOP Senators will move in that direction. And they won't budge unless and until the turtle from Kentucky gives them the go ahead.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #464
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
There is no way that Susan Collins will be the principled red line so to speak. If the GOP turns on him in substantial numbers, it will be because red-state GOP Senators will move in that direction. And they won't budge unless and until the turtle from Kentucky gives them the go ahead.

The thought is that vulnerable GOP Senators might vote to convict in states where Trump is unpopular, like Maine, to save their hides in the election.

No principles. Just survival.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:11 PM
oh look, it's our next thread title:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...40448225054720
Old 10-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

It's nice that he doesn't even pretend to be working anymore.

This will all end, one way or another and he will be a disgrace and a history lesson for our children. What's important is that the entire GOP wear him like an anvil around their neck for at least a generation. Every last cowardly one of them.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #467
Blue Crack Distributor

elizabeth warren gaining my support in two tweets

https://twitter.com/willsommer/statu...23638306050053

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1179851099978846209

/fin
Old 10-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #468
Blue Crack Addict

She also sent dinner to the Bernie staffers the night he had his surgery.

ETA just saw that instagram post of the "accuser"...amazing.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:04 PM   #469
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...623733252?s=21

Is there anything that’s comparable to the absolute corruption in any other democracy before ? Not trying to be hyperbolic, I’m actually curious

Literally everything about this admin is corrupt
Old 10-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #470
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

This made me laugh tho

https://twitter.com/stonekettle/stat...737139200?s=21
Old 10-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Is there anything that’s comparable to the absolute corruption in any other democracy before ? Not trying to be hyperbolic, I’m actually curious
that kinda depends on your definition of "democracy".
Old 10-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #472
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 06:11 PM
Does Jacob Wohl honestly believe anyone takes him seriously anymore?
Old 10-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #473
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 06:11 PM
Old 10-03-2019, 05:28 PM   #474
Blue Crack Addict

At this point it’s harder to figure out if anything this administration does is actually legit.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:11 PM
Well, gee, lookee here. This is awkward:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/joe-b...175523001.html

Quote:
A bipartisan group of lawmakers echoed then-Vice President Joe Biden’s push for anti-corruption reforms in Ukraine, including within the country’s office of the prosecutor general, according to a 2016 letter unearthed by CNN.

In the letter, Sens. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), co-chairs of the bipartisan Senate Ukraine Caucus, pressed Ukraine’s then-President Petro Poroshenko to take action on “entrenched corruption” within his government.

“We recognize ‎that your governing coalition faces not only endemic corruption left from decades of mismanagement and cronyism, but also an illegal armed seizure of territory by Russia and its proxies,” they wrote in the letter. ”[We] urge you to press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General’s office and judiciary.”

The letter ― also signed by Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) ― appears to undermine President Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated claim that there was “quid pro quo” when then-Vice President Biden withheld aid to Ukraine to push the country’s leaders to fire its prosecutor general, Viktor Shokin.

Trump claims Biden did so for the purpose of impeding an investigation into Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company upon whose board Hunter Biden served. No evidence has been brought to light to suggest this.
I know this will all go in one ear and out the other of the Trump supporters, but just wanted to share it anyway to further prove how utterly stupid their claims are.

Quote:
This will all end, one way or another and he will be a disgrace and a history lesson for our children. What's important is that the entire GOP wear him like an anvil around their neck for at least a generation. Every last cowardly one of them.
Agreed on every last word of this.

And whenever Trump does finally leave office, whatever becomes of him, I'll say it again, the media should just move on and ignore him. Let him fade like the irrelevant piece of shit he deserves to be, and don't give him any further opportunity to paint himself as some kind of martyr.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #476
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
At this point it’s harder to figure out if anything this administration does is actually legit.
I think I can answer that. NO
Old 10-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #477
Blue Crack Supplier

So can we admit that we don’t have a government right now?
Old 10-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #478
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I’ve had discussions with coworkers regarding small government and how this should prove that the conservative or even libertarian view is the best route

While i agree government is too bloated (military), i don’t think we’ll know the real impact of Trump gutting every agency and/or placing lobbyists or corporate shills into the positions of power for another year or two

Looks like we are heading towards another recession, and all the EPA cuts will come back to bite us
Old 10-03-2019, 08:47 PM   #479
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
So can we admit that we don’t have a government right now?
We haven't had a government since January 20, 2017
Old 10-03-2019, 09:32 PM   #480
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Obviously you didn't get your cut of the PALLETS OF CASH!! That George Soros and Barrack HUSSEIN Obama distributed to all liberal traitors as they attended Hillary Clinton speaking events. Muslims supposedly got double payment.

I didn't even get a 6 oz cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Translation:
In case i didn't already confess to impeachable offenses in the memo I gave you. I'm gonna double down here.
Also, my ol' standby of just saying the crime i committed out loud will surely prove that there is nothing wrong with what i did.
Heh.
" Criming in plain sight. "
@#$%$"#" "#*#*!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
this is not that far off from if nixon went on live tv and flat out said "yes, i ordered the break-in at the watergate. also, i'm looking for someone else to break into another DNC office tonight to see if there's any dirt there too".

That sounds about right (having been a through that It was crazzeeee! )

Quote:
At this point, we have to think that he wants impeachment because he believes it will motivate his base next fall. He can spend a year complaining about how the elites tried to overturn a legitimate election. Since 2018 racist “caravan invasion” didn’t work, I guess he’s trying this? He knows he’s fucked. So double-down.

Where it gets interesting — because he will be impeached by the house — is when it goes to the Senate.

And if Trump is somehow convicted by the Senate and booted out, does he channel that grievance into Trump TV?
Interesting thought about Collins. Maybe on the "wants impeachment" (without conviction) - base motivation. And i say we are as or even more
motivated to get. him. OUT!

I also think if he survives till 2020 we can also add into the campaign how much he has cheated contractors, etc for decades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
He’s scared shitless because for the first time in his life it’s possible he can be punished

But i think he truly gets joy breaking norms, laws etc out in the open.
He sure seems to! And, yeah, i do think part of him is really scared, but maybe another part still feels invincible. This is as far as we know the first time he may actually face serious consequences.