US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admittedly know very little about him. Is he always rude and yelling?
He's a gigantic goofball. He's done an ok job running the city - better than I thought. He hasn't undone the positive progress of the Bloomberg years - which is ironic considering how much he ran on an anti-Bloomberg platform. City has major infrastructure concerns coming quickly down the pike, though - and he's been off galavanting around the nation as the literal last clown in a jam packed clown car - so it's about time he got himself back to the city and did some actual work, but he seems content to just kick that can down the road like everyone else.

Clearly I don't miss NYC at all... most people keep up to date on the political happenings in a city they moved from 2 1/2 years ago. Seriously.

I miss NYC [emoji24]

Well Jesus does require you to accept him as your lord and savior if you want all access to the club in the clouds

It’s only fair we thank and praise Donald the Chosen One

The president has told senior aides that a failure to deliver on the signature promise of his 2016 campaign would be a letdown to his supporters and an embarrassing defeat. With the election 14 months away and hundreds of miles of fencing plans still in blueprint form, Trump has held regular White House meetings for progress updates and to hasten the pace, according to several people involved in the discussions.

When aides have suggested that some orders are illegal or unworkable, Trump has suggested he would pardon the officials if they would just go ahead, aides said. He has waved off worries about contracting procedures and the use of eminent domain, saying “take the land,” according to officials who attended the meetings.

Nothing says good conservative values quite like taking private property without a concern for the law.

Looks like Monmouth poll was a far outlier.

polls out today:

USA Today
Biden - 32
Sanders - 12
Warren - 14

The Hill
Biden - 30
Sanders - 17
Warren - 14

Emerson
Biden - 31
Sanders - 24
Warren - 15

Quinnipiac
Biden - 32
Sanders - 15
Warren - 19

A positive from these results is that it looks like it will only be 10 for the debate! Finally, 1 night with everyone on one stage together. That will make a big difference.

Alright Republicans, time to stand your ground, amirite?

LOL!! My guess is the next thing we see is Lindsay Graham at the border knocking ranchers over the head with a shovel, and tying them up so their land can be seized.
(And if anyone would enjoy tying up a manly rancher it would li'l Lindsay)

I would prefer anyone polling under 5% be put on a B-stage after this debate. All for letting 10 go this time, but at some point just move on.

Also low key keep an eye on Bill Weld’s polling.

I would prefer anyone polling under 5% be put on a B-stage after this debate. All for letting 10 go this time, but at some point just move on.

Also low key keep an eye on Bill Weld’s polling.

Not a bad idea.

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the Republican primary challengers...

Any poll numbers exist right now for Weld?

And one more thing. some pretty interesting numbers from Quinnipiac for head to heads with Trump.

Trump vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 54, Trump 38 - Biden +16
Trump vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Sanders 53, Trump 39 - Sanders +14
Trump vs. Warren Quinnipiac Warren 52, Trump 40 - Warren +12
Trump vs. Harris Quinnipiac Harris 51, Trump 40 - Harris +11
Trump vs. Buttigieg Quinnipiac Buttigieg 49, Trump 40 - Buttigieg +9

Largest spread we've seen so far

Poll numbers exist for Weld. Some are terribly misleading with him at 10-20%, but more direct numbers are like 6% with 10-20% undecided. Pretty typical for an unliked incumbent.

Trump vs. BidenQuinnipiacBiden 54, Trump 38 - Biden +16
Trump vs. SandersQuinnipiacSanders 53, Trump 39 -Sanders +14
Trump vs. WarrenQuinnipiacWarren 52, Trump 40 -Warren +12
Trump vs. HarrisQuinnipiacHarris 51, Trump 40 - Harris +11
Trump vs. ButtigiegQuinnipiacButtigieg 49, Trump 40 -Buttigieg +9

It’s early. But this should make Twump shit his pants. He’s not getting the benefit of the doubt t this time.

Trump vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 54, Trump 38 - Biden +16
Trump vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Sanders 53, Trump 39 - Sanders +14
Trump vs. Warren Quinnipiac Warren 52, Trump 40 - Warren +12
Trump vs. Harris Quinnipiac Harris 51, Trump 40 - Harris +11
Trump vs. Buttigieg Quinnipiac Buttigieg 49, Trump 40 - Buttigieg +9

Largest spread we've seen so far

Monmouth for sure has to be seen as an outlier.

These numbers are brutal for Trump. Just brutal. But it also emphasizes to the Democrats to go and vote for the person THEY want, and not for who they think is electable. Frankly, the voters have been utter shit at choosing allegedly electable candidates in essentially every election since GWB.

So GA will now have both Senate seats up for election in 2020.

Dems were already targeting Purdue, but the second seat will be whatever Republican is installed in at the end of this year by Kemp. Stacy Abrams should consider getting back into the mix. ETA: She's already come out to say she isn't interested. Really makes you wonder what kind of VP discussions she's had behind closed doors.

thumbs up on your last two posts.

I think Abrams would be top of the VP list for Biden, Sanders or Warren.

The one thing to keep in mind about the head to head polls is that these are National numbers.
They pretty much mirror Trumps approval ratings.

What is more important are particular states.
MI, WI, PA, NC, VG, AZ, NV are the biggest ones that we need to absolutely get.

As I've said before, MI, WI, PA are in the bag for Biden. MI, WI for Bernie for sure. I think it would be much closer for Warren or Harris at this point.

Biden still has strongest numbers in NC, NV and AZ. AZ, he is the only one beating Trump.

I do feel like this will change though as the race progresses. If Warren continues to climb, if the next debate really makes some waves, we could finally see some break-throughs of other candidates that will start to register more favorably in the states listed.

All in all, those numbers are brutal for Trump. I also think latest poll showed negative numbers on the economy as well, as people are seeing that his shell-game is falling apart.

Oh, and yes, I do think that this still does give more credence to voting for someone who you really believe in and not just "most likely to beat Trump"
Getting interesting. :)

What is more important are particular states.
MI, WI, PA, NC, VG, AZ, NV are the biggest ones that we need to absolutely get.

As I've said before, MI, WI, PA are in the bag for Biden. MI, WI for Bernie for sure. I think it would be much closer for Warren or Harris at this point.

Biden still has strongest numbers in NC, NV and AZ. AZ, he is the only one beating Trump.

It's true that there aren't good stats on head-to-head numbers in individual states yet but in the battlegrounds, here is how Trump's net approval rating changed between taking office in Jan 2017 and last month (per Morning Consult):

Wisconsin: From +6 to -14
Michigan: From +7 to -11
PA: From +10 to -8

Others on your list:
NC: From +17 to -1
NV: From +10 to -11
AZ: From +19 to -7

That is basically horrific. He's underwater everywhere and while a place like NC may be close, it really is starting to look like WI/MI/PA are going to be out of reach. That is basically as much as confirmed given that the Republicans are targeting Minnesota, NV, NH and NM, precisely because the math simply isn't there for them. Not the 2016 map anyway.

All of this may mean nothing until the election interference kicks in full force.

It's true that there aren't good stats on head-to-head numbers in individual states yet but in the battlegrounds, here is how Trump's net approval rating changed between taking office in Jan 2017 and last month (per Morning Consult):

Wisconsin: From +6 to -14
Michigan: From +7 to -11
PA: From +10 to -8

Others on your list:
NC: From +17 to -1
NV: From +10 to -11
AZ: From +19 to -7

That is basically horrific. He's underwater everywhere and while a place like NC may be close, it really is starting to look like WI/MI/PA are going to be out of reach. That is basically as much as confirmed given that the Republicans are targeting Minnesota, NV, NH and NM, precisely because the math simply isn't there for them. Not the 2016 map anyway.

All of this may mean nothing until the election interference kicks in full force.

Thanks for sharing these.
all i can say is wow. Those are just stunning numbers. 20+ point shifts.
I am praying that we are all very nervous for no reason, and that when it comes to election day, it is a blowout of mass proportions. No better way to send this shit bag packing.

I am praying that we are all very nervous for no reason, and that when it comes to election day, it is a blowout of mass proportions. No better way to send this shit bag packing.

it better be, because if it's even a little bit close, you know he's not accepting the results. he probably won't accept it even if he loses like jimmy carter.

it better be, because if it's even a little bit close, you know he's not accepting the results. he probably won't accept it even if he loses like jimmy carter.

He will blame the media, then start his own news network, which was the plan all along.

He will do everything he can to stay in power. So will the GOP

Even if their criminal attempts to throw the election end up failing (which it probably would if the youth vote does exist - turnout), he isn’t going to leave because he knows as soon as he’s a private citizen again, he’ll be arrested for who knows how many crimes.

The most dangerous time will be 11/4/2020 - 1/17/2021

He has no concern for anyone other than himself and Ivanka. Hopefully someone, somewhere has disabled our nukes

this is a big fat oof:

Joe Biden painted a vivid scene for the 400 people packed into a college meeting hall. A four-star general had asked the then-vice president to travel to Kunar province in Afghanistan, a dangerous foray into “godforsaken country” to recognize the remarkable heroism of a Navy captain.

Some told him it was too risky, but Biden said he brushed off their concerns. “We can lose a vice president,” he said. “We can’t lose many more of these kids. Not a joke.”

The Navy captain, Biden recalled Friday night, had rappelled down a 60-foot ravine under fire and retrieved the body of an American comrade, carrying him on his back. Now the general wanted Biden to pin a Silver Star on the American hero who, despite his bravery, felt like a failure.

“He said, ‘Sir, I don’t want the damn thing!’ ” Biden said, his jaw clenched and his voice rising to a shout. “’Do not pin it on me, Sir! Please, Sir. Do not do that! He died. He died!’ ”

The room was silent.

“This is the God’s truth,” Biden had said as he told the story. “My word as a Biden.”

Except almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect. Based on interviews with more than a dozen U.S. troops, their commanders and Biden campaign officials, it appears as though the former vice president has jumbled elements of at least three actual events into one story of bravery, compassion and regret that never happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...159676-c9aa-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom