US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My preference, at this point, is Buttigeg. I would prefer that anyone over the age of 70 be barred from holding the highest office in the land. The presidency is not some sort of lifetime achievement award for a job well done. I'd love it if both Biden and Bernie were to go the fuck away.

All that said - Biden is not Hillary. Hillary was a special case, as she drove out voters specifically to vote against her. Biden does not have that going against him.

And despite this decades long hate for Hillary, she still won the popular by millions and only lost the electorate by a total vote count that wouldn't fill most D1 college football stadiums.

In theory I agree with the idea that a progressive candidate has a better shot now than ever before because the alternative is a diaster of epic proportions.

I also fully understand the PTSD from 2016 and being afraid of putting forth a candidate that's so far to the left that it scares moderates back to Trump. And I don't know if that fear is overblown or valid - largely because I went into election day 2016 believing that we, as a nation, couldn't possibly be dumb enough to elect this fucking asshole.

Ultimately I think we need to remember that common sense doesn't necessarily apply to our elections, as a candidate can lose the popular vote by an overwhelming majority and still win the presidency if they thread the needle in a handful of states. So the candidate needs to be capable of winning those states.

Has Trump damaged himself enough between now and then to make the Ohio's and Pennsylvania's not matter? To anyone with a rational fucking thought in their head? Of course! Why are we having them s conversation? Throw the most left leaning candidate out there and they'll win just because they aren't Trump!

But for fucks sake what rational person would have felt that he didn't so enough to damage himself prior to November 9, 2016? So why would should I possibly believe that the democrats (who are horrifically bad, as an organization, at winning) will be able to just throw anyone out there and expect a win?

What scares me most about the shots at Biden by those on the left is that it makes me believe that if he wins the nomination, which is a distinct possibility, that many people will stay home. This abso-fucking-lutely can not happen - and I will never forgive any asshole who doesn't pull that left lever in November 2020 because it was Biden over one of the more left leaning candidates.

Sitting this one out, or voting third party, over the democratic candidate not being the one you prefer is a vote for Trump. Period.

And that goes for progressives against Biden just the same as it goes for moderates against Sanders. Any of the top democratic candidates are light years better than the status quo, and this needs to be recognized. This isn't a time to fuck around.

Something that Orgeferiperia - racist asshole that he was (and a big wave to our still current members who palled around and posted in threads here and on thedonald Reddit sub knowing what he really was... we remember, assholes) - still sticks with me to this day. He spoke of the lawn signs in exurban Pennsylvania being overwhelmingly for Trump being the reason why he felt Trump could pull it off.

He was laughed at.

He was right.

We can not fuck around here. The hidden Trump vote is still there. His approval numbers are the same as his polling numbers were in 2016. What should seem obvious to most is not.

This is the most important election in American history - and it absolutely must go the way of good and not the way of evil. There's no turning back if Trump wins a 2nd term. We will not recognize what's left of our nation if he does, if it isn't already too late.

giphy.gif

Inslee drops out. Good man. He was a diamond in the rough and even proved it by stepping aside. I hope he has a federal future.

Inslee drops out. Good man. He was a diamond in the rough and even proved it by stepping aside. I hope he has a federal future.

I really liked him too. He should head the EPA or something similar in anyone’s administration.

the implication that she has some sort of "derangement syndrome" just because she was giving a measured and well-reasoned critique of the candidate you like was definitely uncalled for.

No, I wasn't meaning Anitram in particular. I know she would vote for any nominee in the end, even Biden.
But just hop on and read any of the replies on FB or IG posts that have anything to do with Biden on say Michael Moore posts, or Bernie's posts, or even just a news outlets post, and you see the rumblings of what happened with Clinton.
I see more and more "I will NEVER vote for Biden" posts, which just absolutely baffles me at this point. Not because it's Biden, but because of the absolute blindness of what just happened 3 years ago.

The worse-than-we-could-have-ever-imagined shit show that has been unleashed on our country by Trump, along with 2 supreme court justices, hundreds of federal judges, in part because of the trashing of Clinton from our own god damn party.

Like Headache said in his great post - I will forgive no one if they stay home or vote 3rd party this time around. And I feel great disdain for anyone who starts the whole "I'll never vote for (insert nominees name here) because they don't exactly match my views! or they had this one bad vote 17 years ago!!!

That shit has to end.

Hickenlooper running for Senate in Colorado. Finally somebody makes a sensible decision. If he makes it through the primary, I think that Gardner is toast.

Arizona is also looking really bad for the Republicans. McSally is down massively in almost every demographic that counts.

God willing they can also turf Susan Collins once and for all.

Hickenlooper running for Senate in Colorado. Finally somebody makes a sensible decision. If he makes it through the primary, I think that Gardner is toast.

Arizona is also looking really bad for the Republicans. McSally is down massively in almost every demographic that counts.

I think Collins is toast. Every day, southern New Hampshire becomes more and more a Boston suburb.

:up: well said, headache.

and womanfish.

Now why would anyone on the liberal or progressive side who claim to have empathy for the poor, people of color, the working class, the disabled (let's not forget them) NOT vote for Biden if he is the nominee?!! Compared to drumph!!!???!?
Fucking c'mon!!!

Let alone Trumps "environmental" "policy" in in the USA; that and other actions that will worsen our only home Planet Earth's current condition for all living things further, and his foreign policy actions as well!!!
Most current apologies to Denmark. Whst a dumkoff <sp?> !!!

ForLife's and Well Being's (as we on the liberal and progressive side sometimes define differently than than cruel, incurious, and uber greedhead trump and right-wing Repuglicans and Conservatives) sake !!!???!
Why would anyone do that!

Last edited:
Trump will run on ending birthright citizenship (among other nonsense) because it gins up the base.

I look forward to Don Jr., Ivanka and Eric being the first to go. :wave:

Susan Collins is just the worst type of person but if enough blue goes elsewhere she’s not a problem.

Ruth Bader just underwent cancer treatment.

I now implore everyone to shut the fuck up and vote for any Dem in 2020, and take vanloads of people to the polls. 3 appointments by fucking Trump would be worse than i ever imagined.

Your weekly reminder that trade wars are good and easy to win.

Drumpf just announced more retaliatory tariffs against China, after the stock market closed, of course.

My hope is that he fucks the economy enough to lose support from his base, but not enough that we can't recover under the next administration.

Drumpf said:
the 250 BILLION DOLLARS of goods and products from China, currently being taxed at 25%, will be taxed at 30%.

Additionally, the remaining 300 BILLION DOLLARS of goods and products from China, that was being taxed from September 1st at 10%, will now be taxed at 15%

Last edited:
Dannyboy- :hmm:

I get your take messing it up enough to lose some of his base -but I've heard some trumpiteers say we'll put up with that (economic problems) if it will get us this.

(And like your a good recovery from the next Dem admin),

But at the same time some of the first people effected probably will be middle to lower wage people of color, maybe older workers and that makes me worry because i have friends and acquaintances in those categories (among others). So not sure i could wish for that.

It does seem like some of drumph's corruption abd finances involved with the banks, other countries etc may be beginning to get some more traction (they are trying prevent the banks from handing over info to investigators). The Southern District of NY may turn out to be the key.

i'm sort of hoping the Dems will start impeachment hearing sometime Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom