US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. markets tumble after key indicator triggers recession worries

August 14 at 9:30 AM ET

All major stock indexes sank after the yield on the 10-year Treasury bond fell below the rate on the 2-year Treasury bond.

This phenomenon, known as an inverted yield curve, has been a reliable, early indicator of a recession. It last occurred before the 2008 Great Recession.

Hear that? It's the sound of good conservatives trying to throw each other out of the way to jump into the "I never liked him anyways" lifeboat, as Gzus intended.

It's okay though. We've got the receipts on everyone who's supported and defended this shit show.

Aside from the evangelicals being exposed as being total frauds, so have the fiscal conservatives. We now know that balanced budgets and deficits only matter when a Democrat is in power. When the Republicans are in power, in a time of peace, prosperity and an economic boom, they spend like drunken sailors.

Aside from the evangelicals being exposed as being total frauds, so have the fiscal conservatives. We now know that balanced budgets and deficits only matter when a Democrat is in power. When the Republicans are in power, in a time of peace, prosperity and an economic boom, they spend like drunken sailors.

Tax cuts are handouts to the wealthy. You’d wish they’d stop relying on politicians to stop giving them free money and get out there and work for a living like the rest of us.

Freedom, bootstraps, responsibility, marriage, family, etc

Tax cuts are handouts to the wealthy. You’d wish they’d stop relying on politicians to stop giving them free money and get out there and work for a living like the rest of us.

"Give me your tired and your rich who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge."

U.S. Rep. Steve King told the Westside Conservative Club Wednesday that humanity might not exist if not for rape and incest throughout human history.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said in Urbandale, Iowa. "Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can't say that I was not a part of a product of that."

The Kiron Republican was discussing his defense of not allowing exceptions for rape and incest in the anti-abortion legislation he tried to pass in Congress. Republican leadership had prevented bills he sponsored on banning abortions from advancing through the House, despite GOP support for the measures, King said.

Just because a conception happened in bad circumstances doesn't mean the result isn't a person, King, who is Catholic, argued.

As Gzus intended.

Wild how trade wars, deregulation, and tax cuts for the wealthy and big business are sending us into another recession! Who could have seen this coming?

One can only imagine what Twitter invective Trump will unleash during his morning constitution tomorrow to distract us from this news.

Lmao imagine a president so insecure and childish that he actively asks other countries to deny access to his fellow citizens because he views them as political opponents... oh wait. Sad!

Pays to be rich

source.gif

It seems that evangelicals abuse Christianity for their own racist views. A poll a few days ago indicates that half of the people in the US think that Trump is racist. But interestingly...

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3636

So they claim to be morally superior with their 'Christian values' but in reality are anything but.

hey i just noticed at the bottom of the main forum page that it's your birthday. hope you're able to celebrate today and having a great time! :hi5:

Q
Yup.

Tax cuts are handouts to Qthe wealthy. You’d wish they’d stop relying on politicians to stop giving them free money and get out there and work for a living like the rest of us.

:lol: Rock those bootstraps, baby! :cabbagepatch:

Wild how trade wars, deregulation, and tax cuts for the wealthy and big business are sending us into another recession! Who could have seen this coming?

Uhhhh.... some liberal, or progressive economists?

*Reads King's latest round of idiocy*

Speaking of people who I really wish would shut their stupid mouths already...
omg, i had only heard that he had said something worse than usual, but not what he actually said. Now i know. :gah:

hey i just noticed at the bottom of the main forum page that it's your birthday. hope you're able to celebrate today and having a great time! :hi5:

Let's end on a happier note. Happy Birthday Popmartin!

Last edited:

Thank you! :)
Yes, I had a great day. During the day I was very busy at work though, but in the evening I had a nice dinner with my parents who came over for a short visit. Ah, the birthdays you have when you're getting old and start acting like a grown-up. :D

Doubt Israel felt much pressure though.
Well...
https://politicalwire.com/2019/08/15/trumps-pressure-force-netanyahu-to-ban-lawmakers/
Israeli journalist Barak Ravid: “I want to tell you a secret: A month ago when Netanyahu decided to allow Omar and Tlaib into the country they already supported BDS and he knew it back then. There is only one reason for Netanyahu’s backtracking today — the pressure from Donald Trump.”

It's something we've seen before of Trump, how he uses his official power to punish political enemies and/or settle personal scores.

It's something we've seen before of Trump, how he uses his official power to punish political enemies and/or settle personal scores.

He is the definition of a man child. His tantrums and impulses are something that the rest of us generally grew out of in pre-school and kindergarten.

So Trump's plan for re-election. I'm fucking up the economy. The tax cut, and tariff chickens are coming to roost. But you have to vote for me or it will be even worse! hmmmmm....

Sadly this is a cycle that seems to happen. A republican juices up the economy short term, just in time for it to start to fall apart and a Dem has to pick up the pieces.

Sadly this is a cycle that seems to happen. A republican juices up the economy short term, just in time for it to start to fall apart and a Dem has to pick up the pieces.

Yep. And if the Democrat doesn't fix the economy fast enough for people's liking, or their attempts to fix it get stonewalled by Republicans, voters get frustrated and instead of blaming the party that's affecting their chance to fix the economy, they go right back to voting for Republicans.

On the note of the economy, though, I find it interesting how Trump supporters keep touting that as his great achievement these past few years...and yet his approval rating still hasn't climbed out of the low 40s. Generally presidents who preside over a good economy have a way higher approval rating than that. So I'd love to know how they try and explain that particular little wrinkle.

Happy belated birthday, by the way, Popmartijin :). Sounds like a lovely way to spend the day! Glad all is well.

Yep. And if the Democrat doesn't fix the economy fast enough for people's liking, or their attempts to fix it get stonewalled by Republicans, voters get frustrated and instead of blaming the party that's affecting their chance to fix the economy, they go right back to voting for Republicans.

It's because the Democrats have historically been naive and stupid enough to believe that the Republicans are interested in working together, obsessed with what Republicans will say about them, and focused on nuance and bipartisanship instead of getting things done. The Republicans aren't fit to govern but they aren't interested in governing either - they want to get in, get a couple of things done exactly their way (tax cuts for the rich, stacking the courts), they don't care what the other side thinks, says or does, and don't care if they leave behind a legacy of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom