US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cory Booker ate his soul on live TV.

I've been listening to Cory Booker off & on for years because he's a jersey neighbor and on public radio from time to time. I don't always agree with his love and listening (vs anger, and more "negative" pushback) in dealing with people who voted for drumph - for all the non-inclusionary reasons; but i get his reasoning.

He is a thoughtful person. He had an excellent interview with Joshua Johnson of the public radio program 1A. I highly recommend it.

I didn’t watch much, but Booker does come across as extremely skilled in these debates. You’d think he’d be doing better.

Also, 1A is a great program.

I didn’t watch much, but Booker does come across as extremely skilled in these debates. You’d think he’d be doing better.

Also, 1A is a great program.
Because the debates are such a clown show, it's almost impossible for anyone who wasn't already near the top to make any sort of serious move.

Take Jay Inslee for example. Dude is probably the strongest candidates on climate change, has actual experience running a government, and doesn't have an icebergs chance in Greenland of getting anywhere near the top of the polls because he has to share the stage with fucking dopes like Bill Dr Blasio and Marianne Williamson.

https://twitter.com/laurie_garrett/status/1157015875276464129?s=21

The comments are just ....

I cannot understand the stupidity or maybe it’s the championing of ignorance being such a status to hold on to???

The argument seems to be, well the earth goes through cycles so la di da.

Why wouldn’t we want to at least take some precautions to protect ourselves from these cycles?

You get someone like Ben Shapiro who’s supposedly the rights ‘intellectual ‘ making statements like if the oceans rise then people will just sell their homes and move!

Brilliant idea! Who’s gonna buy the underwater houses ????

Then throw in our debate format and instead of talking about issues it’s set up as the apprentice with an audience interrupting every 30 seconds.

Dems need to focus on healthcare, environment (can switch order), jobs, and honestly only focus on those 10-15 battle states.

Trumps focus is on 270, and he’ll continue to spout shit and Dems will worry what does California think of this!!?!?

Win PA, OH, and FL

You can’t have a debate with 10 people on stage. Describe how you’ll end racism in 15 seconds! But that’s the DNC’s problem for agreeing to such a format in the first place.

And it’s also a great example of why it’s better to run as a governor than a senator - the latter typically have years of bad votes attached to them.

Still, give me a Dem debate on issues over a Trump Nazi rallies any day of the week, amirite?

As a Christian, you must find him reprehensible beyond words.

It seems that evangelicals abuse Christianity for their own racist views. A poll a few days ago indicates that half of the people in the US think that Trump is racist. But interestingly...
"While half of voters think President Donald Trump is racist, religion shows an even bigger divide. Only 21 percent of white Evangelicals believe the President is racist. Compare that to 63 percent of voters who don't affiliate with any organized religion," said Mary Snow, polling analyst for the Quinnipiac University Poll.
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3636

So they claim to be morally superior with their 'Christian values' but in reality are anything but.

It's a well known fact that all the Lord Gzus (and also the Father and the Holy Spirit) cares about is the Supreme Court.
And yay, the Lord came upon a court in Cana. And the Lord's mother doth sayeth they need more judges.

"Woman, leave me alone," sayeth the Lord, "I care not about your rights," and the Lord turned Merrick Garland into Brett Kavanaugh.

The notion that the Democrats are running on RUSSIA only is a right wing talking point, one that I’m not surprised to hear repeated in certain corners of the internet. Let’s let the campaign develop and get a nominee before rendering such judgments.
It's certainly not the only thing they are running on. They are also running on forgiving student loan debts for Pell Grant recipients who start a business that operates in disadvantaged communities for three years. And that millennials complain too much.

Yet another example of a non Christian misquoting the Bible, particularly the words of Jesus. Read the text, it's "Blessed are the poor in Spirit".....

Next question will be.....Jesus said to give to the poor, and yes He did. He said YOU (and me) give to the poor. Not give to the Romans (government) to give to the poor.

If we all gave more to charity out of OUR OWN time and money, we wouldn't have to involve the government.

Haven’t read Luke 6:20?

Now who’s grifting?

A Trump supporter kills 20 in a border town.

"Now's not the time for politics"

Don’t be ridiculous. This person was just mentally ill and nobody cared. He was on a do not fly list. Someone told the FBI that he was a threat and they didn’t arrest him and send him to prison without committing a crime. Why don’t Democrats care about mental health? Hillary Clinton voted against a mental health bill when she was a senator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom