US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also TX went from a 16 point win 2012 to a 9 point win in 2016, and that was with Hillary as the candidate, which after spending years in TX, I know that it is not a Clinton friendly along with all the other hits she took along the way.

I heard a strategist say yesterday that she is almost more confident that TX will go blue this time than she is of Florida. This of course would greatly depend on the candidate and VP choice.

The Texas suburban House seats could go the way of Orange County.

Beto O'Rourke and Julian Castro need to stop this vanity tour of theirs and run against Cornyn. His polling numbers are horrific for an incumbent, he is panicking and fundraising like there is no tomorrow because he knows he is highly vulnerable, and on top of that he's an asshole who has done nothing substantial in forever. Either one of O'Rourke or Castro with a good field op and $ support could take him on.

THIS - I think Beto's response to the ElPaso tragedy sets him up extremely well for a Senate run, but at a national level will not do much for him.

This is the balance. You don't need to brand people who voted for Trump as racist assholes. But the candidates do need to repeat over and over that Trump himself is the racist asshole and a danger to our society. That will then create the overall effect of making anyone who would vote for him THIS time, has to make a choice. Am I going to vote for a racist asshole who is a danger to our country, or am I not.

Similar thing can happen in state races, too. The Democrats running for any of those should highlight all the times in recent years that Republicans have run away from answering questions. Show news reports about how they refused to engage people at town halls a couple years ago during the attempt to repeal Obamacare, to the point of running away from the meetings. Show footage of them getting into elevators to avoid discussing Trump's racist tweets and attacks on members of Congress. In Texas and Ohio, show the footage from CNN in which Tapper said that they'd tried to reach out and invite Republicans in those states to come on TV to discuss the recent mass shootings...only to get no response.

And then while they're doing that, the Democrats that are running can and should also do everything imaginable to genuinely engage with voters everywhere they go. Attend any events and meetings voters are having, be out there openly talking on various media outlets about the issues affecting their states, stuff like that.

All of that will definitely light a fire under voters, and make their choice abundantly clear as well.

I didn’t even know Stephen Ross owned both of those.

Well, might as well boycott the Miami Dolphins while I’m at it. Not that that will sting too badly.

Should we be ignoring the Pakistan- India spat right now ?

Word is none of the actual victims in the hospital wanted to meet with him, and denied visit

Yeah, this seems pretty legit since they shielded any actual visiting time and then came out and said how "Everyone expressed how great the president and presidency is!!!" If I had been a victim, I would have met with him and spit in his face.

Why, despite being the downfall of Western society, the internet is still totally worth it - a play in 3 acts.

Act 1

https://twitter.com/WashTimes/status/1158776449563840518?s=19

Act 2
https://twitter.com/laurenduca/status/1158875315332165643?s=19

Act 3

https://twitter.com/MonicaLewinsky/status/1159068458111262720?s=19

kQXDc8s.gif

alright then, i guess dan marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell because "reasons". :shrug:

My best guess is - being part of the Dolphin's organization, which is owned by the Soul Cycle guy who is having his billionaire buddies fundraise for Trump. (great timing bud).

I went to his Twitter and saw that he was sharing tweets about how Obama should have been blamed for Sandy Hook and the other 23 mass shootings during his terms.

So seems like a shitty guy yeah.

My best guess is - being part of the Dolphin's organization, which is owned by the Soul Cycle guy who is having his billionaire buddies fundraise for Trump. (great timing bud).

I went to his Twitter and saw that he was sharing tweets about how Obama should have been blamed for Sandy Hook and the other 23 mass shootings during his terms.

So seems like a shitty guy yeah.

:scratch:

dan marino certainly isn't sharing any political tweets (at least not in 2019, i read his entire timeline back that far), unless you count a post remembering the victims of parkland on the one-year anniversary.

the owner guy didn't have any stake in the team whatsoever until 2008, more than eight years after marino played his last game.

headache's post still doesn't make any sense at all.

:scratch:

dan marino certainly isn't sharing any political tweets (at least not in 2019, i read his entire timeline back that far), unless you count a post remembering the victims of parkland on the one-year anniversary.

the owner guy didn't have any stake in the team whatsoever until 2008, more than eight years after marino played his last game.

headache's post still doesn't make any sense at all.

yeah, sorry, i'm an idiot. it was getting his feed confused with another. Soooo. yeah, not sure. sure. But fuck that guy!!

The candidate should stick to attacking Trump and his policies.

Saying that a policy is racist and why it is racist is different than saying "everyone who voted in 2016 for Trump is racist" or "if you're thinking of voting for Trump again you're a moron and you're a racist."

And worrying about non voters is a pipe dream. You should always try to turn people out to vote who have never voted before. The democratic candidate absolutely should try to turn out non voters - but relying upon that is a recipe for diaster. It's like relying on the youth vote. Great in theory, horrible idea in practice.

"Give them something to vote for" is a great thought.

If the shit that's going on right now isn't enough to drive people to the polls, nothing is. Nobody can possibly make the "they're all the same" argument this time around. Anyone who doesn't vote to remove this asshole is as complicit as those who vote for him.

This isn't to downplay policy and the importance of ideas. We need fresh ideas and fresh candidates and not the same old retreads.

The single most important issue in 2020 is to win.

He can not be allowed to return.
:up:

Exactly.

You almost DON'T need to give people something to vote for this time around. The difference is that stark. The person in office is a shit stain on the entire world and it will be trying times simply to survive what is left of his first term, nevermind contemplating a second.

Heh. Ya think, right?!
Some of the more poisonous raw sewage ever heaped upon this country and world!

Moonlit_Angel; said:
Also, regarding his "I'm clearly reading this off a teleprompter" speech-remember how the right bellyached about Obama using a teleprompter? Amazing how their tune's changed since then, huh?

*Trump, I expect to botch up the name of a town. Even when he's reading it off a teleprompter. But the fact that Biden did the same on Twitter is just...sad.

Heh.
Oh, man, can't believe Biden got that wrong! :facepalm: pathetic!

I guess not, then. :| Uh, thanks. Blargh.

I didn't know Beto was a Hispanic name. Is Mexican origin? Only cause NYC has had a large Hispanic population (particular Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and later Mexicans and people from Central and South America) for decades! And i've never heard the name spoken or in print.

Similar thing can happen in state races, too. The Democrats running for any of those should highlight all the times in recent years that Republicans have run away from answering questions. Show news reports about how they refused to engage people at town halls a couple years ago during the attempt to repeal Obamacare, to the point of running away from the meetings. Show footage of them getting into elevators to avoid discussing Trump's racist tweets and attacks on members of Congress. In Texas and Ohio, show the footage from CNN in which Tapper said that they'd tried to reach out and invite Republicans in those states to come on TV to discuss the recent mass shootings...only to get no response.

And then while they're doing that, the Democrats that are running can and should also do everything imaginable to genuinely engage with voters everywhere they go. Attend any events and meetings voters are having, be out there openly talking on various media outlets about the issues affecting their states, stuff like that.

All of that will definitely light a fire under voters, and make their choice abundantly clear as well.

THIS.
So many good ways to remind people of their "track record", Moonlit !

I think they need to do both - remind people of what drumph, and the Repuglicans have done ( or obstructed), and talk about their ideas.

Getting Trump out of The White House is the ultimate imperative!

And I recently thought i saw some article headlines about how The Senate could be won by the Dems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom