US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t watch much, but Booker does come across as extremely skilled in these debates. You’d think he’d be doing better.

Also, 1A is a great program.
I did hear that people were definitely impressed with him that night.

Yes, yay , JJ and team 1A. Also like that Todd Zwelick fills in for Joshua. Know TZ from a different program.

You're right. I'm not.

Democrats are rally bad at politics, while the GOP is really good at Hitler Youth cosplay.

Oh, I'm sorry... "celebrating Christian values"

Yeeeah, "Christian values" , alright. :angry:

the last black republican in the house is retiring.

it is a white party.

Yeah, heard that yesterday.
And they wonder (besides their policies) , and now the goon at the top why black and brown people majorly avoid them!

Is it a mass shooter's manifesto? Or is it a manuscript of a Trump Nazi Youth rally?

EBEXE5DUwAAfFZD

You don't have to be so crass while the rest of us are thinking and praying.

ai guess the one big exception about a trump nazi youth rally is that they don't believe in climate change while this guy does.

I have a good friend who's home town was El Paso. I don't think she had heard the news when i talked to her earlier. I certainly wasn't going to be the bearer of such awful news especially close to the start of her day. :(

Last edited:
You don't have to be so crass while the rest of us are thinking and praying.

I don’t speak for him but he’s angry and sarcasm is how he’s projecting it.

Thinking = thoughts
Praying = prayers

It’s become cliche to mock the cliche statement of thoughts and prayers. I’m not criticizing you when I say this, but let him be angry.

I don’t know these victims. Their families are not consoles by my thoughts. I’m not religious, nor do I believe a prayer is going to help anyone or do anything. My sorrow is not going to fix anything. I’m just mad. This is unacceptable. I don’t care if it’s the Republicans or Democrats championing their solution but I don’t see anything happening that isn’t proud pat-me-on-the-back measures like banning fucking plastic straws or some shit.

I don’t speak for him but he’s angry and sarcasm is how he’s projecting it.

I was actually being sarcastic.

But I agree with the rest of your sentiments.

And would add that oftentimes we hear that the debate is being framed by the extremes - the "take all the guns away" on one side and "arm fetuses with AK-47s" on the other. Let's say for the sake of argument that we accept that line of reasoning. Well then the only conclusion that remains is that the alleged 80-90% who are in the middle have been utter failures at getting anything done at all. Extremes are easy to blame but they tend to arise when laziness of the center does absolutely squat.

Yet another shocking example of white supremacist violence, but it's the people who oppose them with milkshakes who are the real terrorists.

I was actually being sarcastic.

But I agree with the rest of your sentiments.

And would add that oftentimes we hear that the debate is being framed by the extremes - the "take all the guns away" on one side and "arm fetuses with AK-47s" on the other. Let's say for the sake of argument that we accept that line of reasoning. Well then the only conclusion that remains is that the alleged 80-90% who are in the middle have been utter failures at getting anything done at all. Extremes are easy to blame but they tend to arise when laziness of the center does absolutely squat.

Went right over my head... now that I read it...

But yes, I don’t see change coming and it irritates the shit out of me because everyone agrees there’s a problem.

Also, Dan Patrick can absolutely get fucked. A fascist guns down 20 innocents and all he's concerned about is 'warning' Antifa not to come to Texas. Heinous individual.

It’s the defining crisis of our time and most people don’t give a shit.
Partially disagree.. it's quite more nuanced
(sorry - can't seem to fix the visual read [single words as a 'line'] of the lines)

- Climate deniers: either willfully ignorant, or genuine disbelievers
- People paralyzed with fear; know some stuff or more and feel hopeless, helpless
- People who believe there are ways to at least mitigate the worst of
it and are acting upon that in small (accumulitive), medium (say, city or
close groups of towns changes), major (regional states suing trump, before him other environmental actions), world wide-ish (UN, Paris
agreements etc)
- People who've been working on this issue, or serious issues that make
up the kind of actions that fed/feed climate change

(I did a fair amount of semi-activist work on environmentalism, renewable energies, and anti-nuclear power [and weapons] mid-late 70's - 80's) .
~~
It seems that evangelicals abuse Christianity for their own racist views. A poll a few days ago indicates that half of the people in the US think that Trump is racist. But interestingly...

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3636

So they claim to be morally superior with their 'Christian values' but in reality are anything but.

There are progressive evangelicals. They've been interviewed on public radio for at least ?8 years or so onward.

Last edited:
So let's review.

We have this shooter who's echoing the rhetoric of Trump and ranting about the immigrant "invasion" at the border.

We had the pipe bomber last fall who was a very open and proud Trump supporter, and was going after the exact media outlets and Democratic politicians Trump's bitched and whined about on a regular basis.

We had the synagogue shooter who felt Trump wasn't doing nearly enough to go after Jewish people in this country.

We had the Charlottesville neo-Nazis and white supremacists who expressed open support for Trump and shouted racist and xenophobic things during their rally.

We had people at a recent Trump rally echoing his "Send her back!" comments, and afterward, there were people who were arrested for a plot to kill one of the women Trump's been ranting against.

Trump and his administration MUST be held accountable for fanning these flames. They took advantage of and fueled this fire, they don't get to continue denying responsibility for their role in this horror anymore. And it should be well apparent by now that Trump supporters' insistence that "We didn't vote for him because we're racist!" is complete and total bullshit. There's plenty of examples that clearly show otherwise.

Christ. I was going to the my daughter to the Mile of Music in Appleton today but I think we'll just lay low. First time in my 38 years of existence that I've had to say this.

This is a guerilla war perpetuated by right wing, Christian-identified white men. Trump aids and encourages them.

Just imagine if the shooters looked like Ilhan Omar.

Russian investment in the NRA has paid off in dividends.

This has been the track the GOP has been on since Nixon and the Southern Strategy. There was no other outcome. Their economic policy destabilizes our country by creating desperation. Their foreign policies wreck the outside world, and then blame them when they seek refuge. This was inevitable as long as the GOP was granted access to power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom