US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #981
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Trump is totally unhinged but I don't get the sense that his base has an appetite for war, particularly one coming to the aid of a country that according to them, believes in satan essentially. The neocons are a whole other beast, and they're obviously ready to go, but the true Trumpers appear to smell the bullshit on this issue.

Now I have no doubt that if their God Emperor starts telling them that gas is going to $20/gallon they'd fall right in line, but it isn't as easy of a sell as the post-9/11 adventure.

I feel like those that still support him at this point are a cult and will back him no matter what.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #982
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Trump is totally unhinged but I don't get the sense that his base has an appetite for war, particularly one coming to the aid of a country that according to them, believes in satan essentially. The neocons are a whole other beast, and they're obviously ready to go, but the true Trumpers appear to smell the bullshit on this issue.

Now I have no doubt that if their God Emperor starts telling them that gas is going to $20/gallon they'd fall right in line, but it isn't as easy of a sell as the post-9/11 adventure.
You give the intelligence of Trump's base way too much credit.

They're following slappy to the ends of the Earth.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #983
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yes, one of those voters is going to stay home, and the other is actively going to go out and vote for trump, which is effectively the same thing when we're talking about the presidential race, but the centrist biden "swing voter" is likely going to also be casting down-ticket votes for other republicans in congressional, state, and local elections too.

but sure, let's keep on acting like the tiny minority of loud twitter bernie bros who will not go out and vote for anyone else at all is what we should all be anxiously fretting about.

this post can fuck right off. this is absolutely beyond patronizing and really is on the level of some of gzus's finest "black people just need to wake up and leave the democrat plantation" nonsense.

as if it's only "white liberals" showing fake-outrage when people bring up things like the crime bill or his opposition to busing, or saying that he doesn't feel any responsibility to address the legacy of slavery, or when he blames the problems of black america on the fact that they don't have record players on all the time in the living room.

kamala harris is a white liberal now because she challenged him on his opposition to busing at the first debate?
Ahh, now you get it, and many Black and Hispanic Americans are waking up and walking away from the patronizing Democrat Party, which has done nothing but keep them in poverty for 50 years. Many are realizing that it’s actually racist to say “ oh they’re oppressed, they don’t have as much of a chance to succeed, let us superior white liberals pat them in the head and take care of them”.

That my friend, is the definition of a plantation. That’s not my term, but the term of many Black and Hispanic Americans who have realized they are already free, and can pursue the American Dream and be as rich as the white liberal elites that dominate this forum
Old 09-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #984
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Ahh, now you get it, and many Black and Hispanic Americans are waking up and walking away from the patronizing Democrat Party, which has done nothing but keep them in poverty for 50 years. Many are realizing that it’s actually racist to say “ oh they’re oppressed, they don’t have as much of a chance to succeed, let us superior white liberals pat them in the head and take care of them”.

That my friend, is the definition of a plantation. That’s not my term, but the term of many Black and Hispanic Americans who have realized they are already free, and can pursue the American Dream and be as rich as the white liberal elites that dominate this forum
Not possible.

Soros will ensure it doesn't happen.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:17 PM   #985
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Not possible.

Soros will ensure it doesn't happen.
+ Jeremiah Wright

++ Saul Alinsky's ghost
Old 09-16-2019, 02:30 PM   #986
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

you're directly calling every single black and hispanic person in america who doesn't vote republican ignorant slaves too stupid to make decisions in their own best interest. you literally have a slave owner's mentality.

you are a blatantly racist human-shaped pile of flaming dogshit. never fucking use the words "my friend" to refer to me ever again.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #987
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yes, one of those voters is going to stay home, and the other is actively going to go out and vote for trump, which is effectively the same thing when we're talking about the presidential race, but the centrist biden "swing voter" is likely going to also be casting down-ticket votes for other republicans in congressional, state, and local elections too.

but sure, let's keep on acting like the tiny minority of loud twitter bernie bros who will not go out and vote for anyone else at all is what we should all be anxiously fretting about.

i'm in agreement of not letting Twitter talk too loudly -- or of getting all our news off Twitter -- but i'm still more concerned about losing the middle than i am about the Bernie Bros. i'm anxious about many things, not just the Bernie Bros. one would think if they gave a damn about anyone they would vote D after Bernie doesn't win the nomination again, and they wouldn't be protesting the convention, like they did in 2016, or going out and voting for Jill Stein, like they did in 2016.

Quote:
this post can fuck right off. this is absolutely beyond patronizing and really is on the level of some of gzus's finest "black people just need to wake up and leave the democrat plantation" nonsense.

as if it's only "white liberals" showing fake-outrage when people bring up things like the crime bill or his opposition to busing, or saying that he doesn't feel any responsibility to address the legacy of slavery, or when he blames the problems of black america on the fact that they don't have record players on all the time in the living room.

kamala harris is a white liberal now because she challenged him on his opposition to busing at the first debate?
no. the patronization is the idea that everyone feels the same way about the 1994 Crime Bill as the woke left does in 2019. i was a teenager at the time, but i remember it, and i remember the single use of the word "super predator" by HRC, which was not at all out of the mainstream at the time, and then it becomes something disqualifying to the "woke" Left/Blue Twitter, which is much whiter than the Democratic part as a whole.

despite the 1994 crime bill, despite Harris's effective but ultimately a little cheap shot at Biden over busing, despite your list of grievances ending with record players, Biden STILL retains large, solid AA support. ask yourself why? it's reminiscent of our long departed poster complaining about black women in the south voting for Hillary over Bernie because they weren't smart enough to see that Bernie was better and he wished they would stay at home, because the white bros got this. as if black people don't look at issues and make up their own minds and make compromises and vote in ways every bit as transactional as evangelicals and are able to look at Biden's lengthy record and his, you know, selection as VP by the first African-American president, who is also the single most beloved Democrat on the planet by far. it's really only a minority of left-wing (mostly white) voters who find Obama remotely disappointing, and most Democrats remember it as 8 years of real, genuine progress despite unprecedented GOP obstruction and the transformation of that party into a suicide cult. i don't believe AA's as a whole are as doctrinaire as Blue Twitter, and Biden is placed into his appropriate historical context.

Gzus' "plantation" nonsense is just that -- nonsense. the GOP is losing POC votes, and will continue to do so as it makes white supremacy it's core political MO. Gzus isn't smart enough to realize he's being used as a tool of white supremacy, but we're aware.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #988
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

it's as if you didn't read anything and saw the word "african american" and cut-and-pasted your non-sequiter boilerplate.

i think you should take your message to the street. please, go and tell all your black and hispanic friends -- i'm sure you have many -- and perhaps even strangers on the street that they're just imagining racism.

also, kind of depressed that you think that American Dream = Being Rich, but i guess that's the conservative mindset. for someone who thinks of himself as Jesus, you sure seem to worship money.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #989
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:54 PM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Guys, many black and Hispanic Americans are walking away. Gzus keeps saying it, so it must be true.

https://god.dailydot.com/trump-photo...ople-of-color/
Old 09-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #990
Blue Crack Distributor

I think every rational person who opposes this administration has the right to be a wee bit skittish about things, based on what happened in 2016.

We all need to remember that we are all, for now at least, on the same side.

Once we eliminate this cancer on our nation, and whatever's left of the party who went along with it, we can get back to ripping our throats out over the finer points of what, in reality, is all a much further left agenda than the democrats presented even as recently as 2008.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #991
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 11:54 PM
Quote:
I think every rational person who opposes this administration has the right to be a wee bit skittish about things, based on what happened in 2016.

We all need to remember that we are all, for now at least, on the same side.

Once we eliminate this cancer on our nation, and whatever's left of the party who went along with it, we can get back to ripping our throats out over the finer points of what, in reality, is all a much further left agenda than the democrats presented even as recently as 2008.
This. Thank you .
Old 09-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #992
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/longwall26/statu...923283456?s=19
Old 09-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #993
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Some things can't be unseen.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 AM   #994
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Old 09-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #995
Blue Crack Supplier

Shame is good, actually. Mock the fascists.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #996
Blue Crack Addict

Corey Lewandowski is a Class A asshole, which makes sense since no decent person would affiliate with Donald Trump.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #997
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

And it shows how utterly spineless the democrats are.

He’s literally obstructing justice live, disobeying the law by refusing to answer questions

And yet they do nothing. They have the authority to hold him in contempt and even lock him up

My only rationale the Dems are so concerned of alienating any potential voter block, including the Trump base, they sit back and let the rule of law die. Hoping we the people will do something in 2020
Old 09-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #998
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/therickwilson/st...401323015?s=21
Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #999
Blue Crack Supplier

oh no! call Candice Owens! someone's running back to the plantation!

Quote:
Gregory Cheadle went to a Trump rally out of curiosity and left it as an international headline.

The infamous moment, like many at Donald Trump’s rallies that summer in 2016, seemed to materialize out of nowhere. Trump was telling a story about an African American supporter when suddenly he spotted Cheadle in the front row at the Redding, Calif., event, and paused to single out the black man.

“Oh, look at my African American over here!” Trump exclaimed, pointing at Cheadle. “Look at him! Are you the greatest?”

Cheadle laughed at Trump’s outburst then.

Now, citing the president’s “white superiority complex,” Cheadle isn’t in the same party anymore.

On Wednesday, Cheadle revealed he has abandoned the GOP to launch a bid for Congress as an independent in California’s 1st Congressional District, saying he’s had enough of Republicans’ failure to condemn Trump’s comments denigrating black people. Cheadle doesn’t identify any one moment as his breaking point, but rather a deflating succession of them. Somewhere between Trump’s feud with former NFL star Colin Kaepernick and his attacks on Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.), between his “shithole countries” comment and his “go back” tweets, “I said, ‘Enough is enough. I’m sick of it,’" Cheadle said.

“I just hope this is a wake-up call for the GOP,” Cheadle, who ran unsuccessfully for Congress four times as a Republican, told The Washington Post. “The GOP is going to be in the Smithsonian the way they’re going. Their only concern is for whites. They don’t care about the poor. They don’t care about anybody else."

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/nati...8KqaEEgPefr3t4
Old 09-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #1000
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
oh no! call Candice Owens! someone's running back to the plantation!

Facebook link in 5,4,3...