US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #741
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:18 PM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

It seems obvious to me that, in Trump’s world, admitting a mistake/error/fault is to appear weak, and there’s nothing he hates more than appearing weak. So he doubles down, regardless of how ridiculous or minor the initial error, and trusts that his aides and talking heads in right wing media can provide a decent enough spin to satisfy his supporters who, let’s be honest, don’t require much to be satisfied.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #742
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
It seems obvious to me that, in Trump’s world, admitting a mistake/error/fault is to appear weak, and there’s nothing he hates more than appearing weak. So he doubles down, regardless of how ridiculous or minor the initial error, and trusts that his aides and talking heads in right wing media can provide a decent enough spin to satisfy his supporters who, let’s be honest, don’t require much to be satisfied.
But it's not even a matter of admitting a mistake. We live in a time of Twitter and the media cycle is like 60 minutes long. He wouldn't even have to admit he was wrong, he could just move on and never speak of it again. Instead HE himself draws attention to it AGAIN by tripling down and being a totally absurd liar.

It really is time to Make America Great Again. On November 3, 2020.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #743
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I was trying to understand if the president had a motive behind his factually incorrect and publicly misguiding statements about hurricane Dorian, or if there was no motive.

You disregarded the post and told me I’m just reaching for something and that he misspoke. However, like in times past, he has doubled down on his words. Is he just doubly accidentally misspeaking, or is he doing it intentionally?
I vaguely recall this from the other day, but to be honest i don't quite remember whatever was said that may or may not have been "factually incorrect and publicly misguiding statements"

As for the rest of that; motive, misspoke, double-down, etc. I have no clue. I don't even know the context of this, or what was said.

Currently i am working a special project for a few more minutes, and then i'm going to try and catch a Dexter, then i am off to bed. That is my motive, and about the only thing i could answer for tonight. Tomorrow starts around 0400 hours if you get my drift. Maybe we can revisit this again soon. Cheers.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #744
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
But it's not even a matter of admitting a mistake. We live in a time of Twitter and the media cycle is like 60 minutes long. He wouldn't even have to admit he was wrong, he could just move on and never speak of it again. Instead HE himself draws attention to it AGAIN by tripling down and being a totally absurd liar.

It really is time to Make America Great Again. On November 3, 2020.

What is great is that he’s causing “Trump Fatigue” and doesn’t even realize it. Like all reality TV shows, people people move on and get sick of it.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I vaguely recall this from the other day, but to be honest i don't quite remember whatever was said that may or may not have been "factually incorrect and publicly misguiding statements"

As for the rest of that; motive, misspoke, double-down, etc. I have no clue. I don't even know the context of this, or what was said.

Currently i am working a special project for a few more minutes, and then i'm going to try and catch a Dexter, then i am off to bed. That is my motive, and about the only thing i could answer for tonight. Tomorrow starts around 0400 hours if you get my drift. Maybe we can revisit this again soon. Cheers.

May or may not. Ok. It was two days ago. You do know the context because I quite literally gave you the context in the post you quoted. You do remember.

Please answer seriously.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
What is great is that he’s causing “Trump Fatigue” and doesn’t even realize it. Like all reality TV shows, people people move on and get sick of it.
This.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #747
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
May or may not. Ok. It was two days ago. You do know the context because I quite literally gave you the context in the post you quoted. You do remember.

Please answer seriously.
relax man, it's very hard to remember what people posted here two days ago. if only there was some function that allowed us to go back in time and read what our fellow users previously wrote on this internet message board. alas.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #748
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post

Interesting thought. Would it be true!

And, oh jeez, that sharpie on the national weather map printout!!??!
How fucking parhetic is that !!?
Old 09-05-2019, 12:27 AM   #749
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post

Rule number 2 for an internet troll. Always pretend like what you wrote in the past doesn’t exist. The internet is like invisible ink.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #750
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
relax man, it's very hard to remember what people posted here two days ago. if only there was some function that allowed us to go back in time and read what our fellow users previously wrote on this internet message board. alas.
Maybe he has no thumbs and can't scroll you insensitive prick
Old 09-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #751
Blue Crack Supplier

The sharpie is distracting from the fact that he stole funds from military bases so schools won’t be built in order to build more of his stupid fucking racist Wall that Mexico is still definitely not paying for at all.

Remember when conservatives liked to convince themselves that Obama hated the military? I do.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:52 AM   #752
Blue Crack Addict

Somebody get the man a crate of LEGO and let him build that wall during executive time.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #753
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 09-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #754
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Ha!
Old 09-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #755
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:18 AM
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/...607400961?s=21

Is there anyone on earth who will stand up to this guy? Even our military bows to his fragile ego??

Tho it may be how you defeat him, he’s now quadruple’d down on his Alabama claim. Maybe if we keep pushing that he’s wrong his brain will just turn off?
Old 09-06-2019, 01:40 AM   #756
Blue Crack Distributor

Support the troops!

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...742519808?s=19
Old 09-06-2019, 01:41 AM   #757
Blue Crack Addict

But without the wall all of the illegal immigrants are going to take their jobs
Old 09-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #758
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

Trump is setting up his fellow GOP on a tee for the Dems to smack out of the park.

Will they? Maybe, we’ll see
Old 09-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #759
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Anyone know what is up with Kamala Harris?? Looking at the average of all polls - She was at 15% in July, ahead/tied with Sanders, and has made a fairly steep and steady slide ever since and is now sitting at 6%. You don't see or hear much about or from her lately.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #760
Blue Crack Addict

I think that after Tulsi Gabbard pulled a Chris Christie on stage at that second debate, KH kind of crumbled. She was totally unprepared (I can't fathom why, since it would be obvious that somebody would come after her on her record as a prosecutor), she seemed kind of out of it that whole debate. I think that she's actually quite active in Iowa but who knows. She'd be a pretty obvious VP pick and could possibly be king/queenmaker in the end.