US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #741
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 11:18 PM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

It seems obvious to me that, in Trump’s world, admitting a mistake/error/fault is to appear weak, and there’s nothing he hates more than appearing weak. So he doubles down, regardless of how ridiculous or minor the initial error, and trusts that his aides and talking heads in right wing media can provide a decent enough spin to satisfy his supporters who, let’s be honest, don’t require much to be satisfied.
__________________

Diemen is offline  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #742
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
It seems obvious to me that, in Trump’s world, admitting a mistake/error/fault is to appear weak, and there’s nothing he hates more than appearing weak. So he doubles down, regardless of how ridiculous or minor the initial error, and trusts that his aides and talking heads in right wing media can provide a decent enough spin to satisfy his supporters who, let’s be honest, don’t require much to be satisfied.
But it's not even a matter of admitting a mistake. We live in a time of Twitter and the media cycle is like 60 minutes long. He wouldn't even have to admit he was wrong, he could just move on and never speak of it again. Instead HE himself draws attention to it AGAIN by tripling down and being a totally absurd liar.

It really is time to Make America Great Again. On November 3, 2020.
__________________

anitram is offline  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #743
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I was trying to understand if the president had a motive behind his factually incorrect and publicly misguiding statements about hurricane Dorian, or if there was no motive.

You disregarded the post and told me I’m just reaching for something and that he misspoke. However, like in times past, he has doubled down on his words. Is he just doubly accidentally misspeaking, or is he doing it intentionally?
I vaguely recall this from the other day, but to be honest i don't quite remember whatever was said that may or may not have been "factually incorrect and publicly misguiding statements"

As for the rest of that; motive, misspoke, double-down, etc. I have no clue. I don't even know the context of this, or what was said.

Currently i am working a special project for a few more minutes, and then i'm going to try and catch a Dexter, then i am off to bed. That is my motive, and about the only thing i could answer for tonight. Tomorrow starts around 0400 hours if you get my drift. Maybe we can revisit this again soon. Cheers.
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #744
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,081
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
But it's not even a matter of admitting a mistake. We live in a time of Twitter and the media cycle is like 60 minutes long. He wouldn't even have to admit he was wrong, he could just move on and never speak of it again. Instead HE himself draws attention to it AGAIN by tripling down and being a totally absurd liar.



It really is time to Make America Great Again. On November 3, 2020.


What is great is that he’s causing “Trump Fatigue” and doesn’t even realize it. Like all reality TV shows, people people move on and get sick of it.
mikal is offline  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #745
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I vaguely recall this from the other day, but to be honest i don't quite remember whatever was said that may or may not have been "factually incorrect and publicly misguiding statements"



As for the rest of that; motive, misspoke, double-down, etc. I have no clue. I don't even know the context of this, or what was said.



Currently i am working a special project for a few more minutes, and then i'm going to try and catch a Dexter, then i am off to bed. That is my motive, and about the only thing i could answer for tonight. Tomorrow starts around 0400 hours if you get my drift. Maybe we can revisit this again soon. Cheers.


May or may not. Ok. It was two days ago. You do know the context because I quite literally gave you the context in the post you quoted. You do remember.

Please answer seriously.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-04-2019, 09:00 PM   #746
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
What is great is that he’s causing “Trump Fatigue” and doesn’t even realize it. Like all reality TV shows, people people move on and get sick of it.
This.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #747
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
May or may not. Ok. It was two days ago. You do know the context because I quite literally gave you the context in the post you quoted. You do remember.

Please answer seriously.
relax man, it's very hard to remember what people posted here two days ago. if only there was some function that allowed us to go back in time and read what our fellow users previously wrote on this internet message board. alas.
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-04-2019, 10:42 PM   #748
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
What is great is that he’s causing “Trump Fatigue” and doesn’t even realize it. Like all reality TV shows, people people move on and get sick of it.


Interesting thought. Would it be true!

And, oh jeez, that sharpie on the national weather map printout!!??!
How fucking parhetic is that !!?
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 09-05-2019, 12:27 AM   #749
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I vaguely recall this from the other day, but to be honest i don't quite remember whatever was said that may or may not have been "factually incorrect and publicly misguiding statements"



As for the rest of that; motive, misspoke, double-down, etc. I have no clue. I don't even know the context of this, or what was said.



Currently i am working a special project for a few more minutes, and then i'm going to try and catch a Dexter, then i am off to bed. That is my motive, and about the only thing i could answer for tonight. Tomorrow starts around 0400 hours if you get my drift. Maybe we can revisit this again soon. Cheers.


Rule number 2 for an internet troll. Always pretend like what you wrote in the past doesn’t exist. The internet is like invisible ink.
BVS is offline  
Old 09-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #750
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
relax man, it's very hard to remember what people posted here two days ago. if only there was some function that allowed us to go back in time and read what our fellow users previously wrote on this internet message board. alas.
Maybe he has no thumbs and can't scroll you insensitive prick
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #751
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,468
Local Time: 01:18 AM
The sharpie is distracting from the fact that he stole funds from military bases so schools won’t be built in order to build more of his stupid fucking racist Wall that Mexico is still definitely not paying for at all.

Remember when conservatives liked to convince themselves that Obama hated the military? I do.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 09-05-2019, 08:52 AM   #752
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 01:18 AM
Somebody get the man a crate of LEGO and let him build that wall during executive time.
anitram is offline  
Old 09-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #753
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #754
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Ha!
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 09-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #755
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 05:18 AM
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/...607400961?s=21

Is there anyone on earth who will stand up to this guy? Even our military bows to his fragile ego??

Tho it may be how you defeat him, he’s now quadruple’d down on his Alabama claim. Maybe if we keep pushing that he’s wrong his brain will just turn off?
BEAL is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 01:40 AM   #756
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 12:18 AM
Support the troops!

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...742519808?s=19
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 01:41 AM   #757
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 01:18 AM
But without the wall all of the illegal immigrants are going to take their jobs
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #758
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post


Trump is setting up his fellow GOP on a tee for the Dems to smack out of the park.

Will they? Maybe, we’ll see
BEAL is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #759
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,229
Local Time: 05:18 AM
Anyone know what is up with Kamala Harris?? Looking at the average of all polls - She was at 15% in July, ahead/tied with Sanders, and has made a fairly steep and steady slide ever since and is now sitting at 6%. You don't see or hear much about or from her lately.
womanfish is offline  
Old 09-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #760
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 01:18 AM
I think that after Tulsi Gabbard pulled a Chris Christie on stage at that second debate, KH kind of crumbled. She was totally unprepared (I can't fathom why, since it would be obvious that somebody would come after her on her record as a prosecutor), she seemed kind of out of it that whole debate. I think that she's actually quite active in Iowa but who knows. She'd be a pretty obvious VP pick and could possibly be king/queenmaker in the end.
__________________

anitram is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×