US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2019, 04:47 PM   #681
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I mean, how dare we be deeply bothered by the fact that a guy who, I will reiterate, spent seven years pushing a racist birther conspiracy against Obama was the one to follow him as president? What could possibly be wrong with those optics, am I right?

And how dare we be bothered by the fact that voters knew full well of his involvement in that conspiracy, knew full well of the pain and harassment Trump's actions caused Obama and his family, and still, at the end of the day, decided, "Yeah, he totally seems like he'd make a good president."

I don't care what else one has to say about why they supported Trump, there is absolutely NO justifiable defense or excuse for that decision. That's just outright shameful. We have every single right to be pissed about that.

Yeah, i suppose this goes back to what i was saying about taking a hard long look in the mirror. Or, to be fair, since you have been so kind to all of us, opinions do tend to vary as expressed below:

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...larys-waterloo

Quote:
“Hold out baits to entice the enemy,” wrote Sun Tzu, “feign disorder, and crush him.” Hillary, by baiting Trump with the birther controversy, was hoping the outspoken candidate would respond in a manner than that was undisciplined and unpresidential. She was hoping Trump would be Trump. It was a gamble she lost.

“President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period,” Trump said in response. “Now, we all want to get back to making America strong and great again.”

Quote:
Moreover, Trump turned the issue back on Hillary. In laughing off the attack, Trump reminded America that the so called seeds of birtherism were planted by Team Clinton during her rough and tumble primary with Obama in 2008. He also reminded the American people that he was the one who settled the issue, thus removing the cloud hanging over Obama’s head.

“Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy,” Trump said. “I finished it.”
Quote:
Patti Solis Doyle, who was Hillary’s campaign manager until the Iowa caucuses in 2008, admitted first in a tweet and second in a CNN interview that a Hillary staffer first spread the birther issue. While the staffer was fired, the termination happened after the cat was let out of the bag. Patient Zero, thus, was a member of Team Hillary.
__________________

Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:50 PM   #682
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
yes, we're all still super mad about the presidential election from 3 years ago and are all irrationally taking our multi-year collective temper tantrum out on poor you. we should all feel guilty and ashamed because you're sad that you don't have any buddies around anymore to post sneaky totally-not-racist cracker barrel dogwhistle meme threads with. i'm gonna go log off now and weep at the tragedy of your predicament.
LOL. If you actually read through the infamous "Cracker Barrel" thread then maybe you would notice i never actually posted in there? Then again maybe you were a bit, oh let's just say, "outer limits"

But i do want to thank you guys for bringing that thread to my attention. It really is a good restaurant chain if you've never been there you should give it a try sometime
__________________

Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:53 PM   #683
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Why are you pretending like you’re above this when you’re the OG “but her emails” poster?

Given that the entire Trump ethos is centered around racism — the wall, invaders from the south, birtherism, go back to your shithole countries — it’s racist to not call out the racism as it comes. He wouldn’t do it if he didn’t think it appealed to his voters — racial resentment works. It always has. This isn’t new. Trump is just it’s latest, stupidest, most aggressive manifestation (George Wallace had more tact).

This is a racist president running on a platform of a restoration of white supremacy after a black president. And he was aided and abetted into office by a hostile foreign government (that they werent competent enough to actually collide with, but not for lack of effort) and then they obstructed justice 10 times.

It stopped being fun for you because it isn’t fun. You’re called to account because you have aligned yourself with the undefendable, and sharpers kinda call you out on it, and you can’t compose a coherent argument. Which is probably why he snookered you in the first place.
I will give you partial credit for almost not bringing up the word racism or race baiting in 25 words or less - you came really close there!
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #684
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,515
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
I will give you partial credit for almost not bring up the word racism or race baiting in 25 words or less - you came really close there!


It isn’t possible to talk about Trump and not talk about racism because racism is the core of the Trump political identity. And it has been since the start — remember the Central Park 5? It started way back then. He’s always been more than an aspirational brand for tacky white male assholes — he knows that racial resentment drives his consumers, because they’re white guys who don’t have what he has and he’s giving them someone to blame rather than their own mediocrity. There is no Trump without racialized resentment.

What does Trump offer that isn’t centered around white identity politics? Like, maybe inexplicable antagonism toward the environment? I guess that isn’t explicitly racist?

You simply can’t pretend a conversation is illegitimate because it makes you feel uncomfortable and/or guilty and/or look foolish.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #685
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It isn’t possible to talk about Trump and not talk about racism because racism is the core of the Trump political identity. And it has been since the start — remember the Central Park 5? It started way back then. He’s always been more than an aspirational brand for tacky white male assholes — he knows that racial resentment drives his consumers, because they’re white guys who don’t have what he has and he’s giving them someone to blame rather than their own mediocrity. There is no Trump without racialized resentment.

What does Trump offer that isn’t centered around white identity politics? Like, maybe inexplicable antagonism toward the environment? I guess that isn’t explicitly racist?

You simply can’t pretend a conversation is illegitimate because it makes you feel uncomfortable and/or guilty and/or look foolish.
You simply cannot form a post without attempting to race bait someone, it's just not in you to try and rise above the racial tension that your side has not only created but continues to stoke the fires thereof for no good reason. I realize you feel it makes you some sort of hero to the like minded posters here who lap it up on a daily basis, but outside of your bubble it makes for bad parody to people elsewhere.
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM   #686
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,515
Local Time: 11:53 PM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
You simply cannot form a post without attempting to race bait someone, it's just not in you to try and rise above the racial tension that your side has not only created but continues to stoke the fires thereof for no good reason. I realize you feel it makes you some sort of hero to the like minded posters here who lap it up on a daily basis, but outside of your bubble it makes for bad parody to people elsewhere.


Why should I “rise above” the racial tension that Trump and his supporters flame on a daily/hourly basis? WTF does that even mean? You don’t get to set the terms of a debate or, rather, avoid actually having a debate because you don’t want to talk about certain things. Literally all you’ve said is “stop playing the race card” — as if that isn’t its own little race card, sweet pea.

You aren’t capable of keeping up with most people in here, so this is your little song and dance.

If you were, you’d make an argument rather than insults.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 07:21 PM   #687
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Why should I “rise above” the racial tension that Trump and his supporters flame on a daily/hourly basis? WTF does that even mean? You don’t get to set the terms of a debate or, rather, avoid actually having a debate because you don’t want to talk about certain things. Literally all you’ve said is “stop playing the race card” — as if that isn’t its own little race card, sweet pea.

You aren’t capable of keeping up with most people in here, so this is your little song and dance.

If you were, you’d make an argument rather than insults.
It seems as though you, not I, are the one making insults.

Sadly I get that you don't want to rise above this racial hell your side has created, it's not in your best interests politically. What you don't seem to realize is that if you keep going down this path it will only get uglier; as in, nobody wins and everyone loses.

I'm not here to set the terms of / or avoid a debate, I am in fact the person who has had "racist" thrown at me and chose to defend myself rather than ignore. To think that i would have to do that here in 2019, after years as a forum member, is just absurd. And yet, here we are.
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #688
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:53 PM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Sadly I get that you don't want to rise above this racial hell your side has created,

It takes a really daft or really racist person to type this with a straight face.

The 80% of African Americans who believe Trump to be racist must have created this “racial hell” that poor suffering you are living in.

You really should be deeply ashamed.

ETA: I guess those people shot in El Paso died because of the “racial hell” they themselves created too.
anitram is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 07:45 PM   #689
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post


It takes a really daft or really racist person to type this with a straight face.

The 80% of African Americans who believe Trump to be racist must have created this “racial hell” that poor suffering you are living in.

You really should be deeply ashamed.
Ah but when an African American supports Trump they are dismissed here as some kind of freak. And a few pages back your biggest race baiter was rooting for Hurricane Dorian to hit Florida. What about the African Americans who live in Florida? I guess you missed that post....


But yet, i should be deeply ashamed, am racist, etc. Nice
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 08:03 PM   #690
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,515
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
It seems as though you, not I, are the one making insults.



Sadly I get that you don't want to rise above this racial hell your side has created, it's not in your best interests politically. What you don't seem to realize is that if you keep going down this path it will only get uglier; as in, nobody wins and everyone loses.



I'm not here to set the terms of / or avoid a debate, I am in fact the person who has had "racist" thrown at me and chose to defend myself rather than ignore. To think that i would have to do that here in 2019, after years as a forum member, is just absurd. And yet, here we are.



And here you are, not saying anything of value. What are you talking about? What do you have other than an op-Ed in The Hill by a conservative writer? I know it’s exciting to get all huffy and indignant as if you Mr. “but her emails” are beyond reproach, and to pretend like being called a racist is far, far worse than, you know, *actual racism*, the racism peddled by the administration on a daily basis.

You aren’t even debating! You haven’t said anything! You’re *baiting* people to call you a racist, and when they point out that you are defending/supporting an objectively racist administration — even if it’s some juvenile “troll the libs” nonsense — you say HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A RACIST!

I’m completely playing along, and I know this is the reaction you want, but I’m fine giving you as much rope as you need.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 08:05 PM   #691
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,515
Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Ah but when an African American supports Trump they are dismissed here as some kind of freak. And a few pages back your biggest race baiter was rooting for Hurricane Dorian to hit Florida. What about the African Americans who live in Florida? I guess you missed that post....





But yet, i should be deeply ashamed, am racist, etc. Nice



You’re not even good at trolling.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 08:18 PM   #692
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:53 PM
There’s a reason that ACTUAL Neo-Nazis came out from their basements to put on a Unite the Right rally.

But it wasn’t racism.

Throwing all Mexican Americans and Mexicans into the same pot, while saying an American born judge should recuse himself was done for a reason.

But it wasn’t racism.

Telling congress women they should go back to the shithole countries they came from was a uniting call for deplorables.

But it had nothing to do with racism.

The Dems are the ones creating the racial divide, why should anyone with an IQ above 29 think otherwise?
BVS is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #693
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,374
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Hey - you forgot homophobic and misogynist, isn't that your go to when you have nothing else?



Anyway, you don't know me personally but if you did you would realize that what you just posted couldn't be further from the truth.



Post reported to moderator - which means nothing will happen of course - cause Interference!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sure why not. if the red hat fits
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #694
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,374
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
And here you are, not saying anything of value. What are you talking about? What do you have other than an op-Ed in The Hill by a conservative writer? I know it’s exciting to get all huffy and indignant as if you Mr. “but her emails” are beyond reproach, and to pretend like being called a racist is far, far worse than, you know, *actual racism*, the racism peddled by the administration on a daily basis.

You aren’t even debating! You haven’t said anything! You’re *baiting* people to call you a racist, and when they point out that you are defending/supporting an objectively racist administration — even if it’s some juvenile “troll the libs” nonsense — you say HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A RACIST!
If, at this point, you're still supporting this administration and can't see them for the incompetent, blatantly racist dumpster fire that they are you're either a moron, a troll, a racist, or all of the above.

But hey, maybe I'm just taking too many of DaveC's drugs.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #695
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 11:53 PM
The Dave drugs thing was pretty petty. Let’s not.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 09-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #696
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,515
Local Time: 11:53 PM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
If, at this point, you're still supporting this administration and can't see them for the incompetent, blatantly racist dumpster fire that they are you're either a moron, a troll, a racist, or all of the above.




Right. Just don’t say that it isn’t there, or try the whole “you’re the real racist” judo. Say, “I’m cool with all that because I am anti-abortion, I think wealthy people need to pay less in taxes, I hate clean air, and liberals annoy me when they talk about racism and misogyny and homophobia and sexual assault.”

At least that’s honest! A lot of people would agree with you! For some people, legal abortion is a far greater social ill than anything Donald Trump could ever do, so that’s why they pull the lever. Some people support the racism! Some people think thst endgangeeed species are less important than profit! JUST COME OUT AND SAY SO.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #697
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,534
Local Time: 11:53 PM
I would imagine Mrs. Garrison and Bluer White are both like that, which is why I have never felt a need to equate them to some black and white “all Trump supporters” group, and I do wish they would engage if that’s how they felt.

Our lord and savior gzusfrk though... there’s hate and stupidity in that one.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 09-02-2019, 09:49 PM   #698
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,724
Local Time: 07:53 PM
I could have sworn Mrs. Garrison was amongst the right leaning posters who were voting blue in 2016 because they were never-Trump? Wtf is all or this suddenly? Clearly I missed a huge shift.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #699
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 22,027
Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The Dave drugs thing was pretty petty. Let’s not.


i smoke a lot of weed, and there was a six-ish month period in the summer of 2015 where i was doing a bunch of shrooms and acid cause i knew a guy for a few months who grew them and owned a blotter sheet.

i've literally always been open about all of it here. if anyone thinks "you do drugs" is going to somehow insult me then they literally don't know shit about me.

good lookin out though
DaveC is online now  
Old 09-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #700
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post

Which side wants to start limiting the first and second amendment? The left.
The cognitive dissonance you display is truly staggering, and of course, you offer no actual evidence to support this claim. Meanwhile, Trump has literally called the press the enemy of the people and you’ve said nothing. He has revoked press passes based on the most petty of reasons. He whips rally crowds into a frenzy of hate against the press. And you don’t see it.

Quote:
Which side shows the most physical violence towards people with different views than them? The left.
Again no evidence. Again a staggeringly ignorant statement. All government collected data shows that right wing extremists are responsible for the vast majority of domestic terrorism. The majority of mass shooters have turned out to be right wing extremists over the course of Trump’s presidency.


Quote:
And a biased moderator, who really would prefer there not be intelligent discourse on actual facts or policies, but keep this as a support group for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Oh I would prefer there be intelligent discourse on actual facts or policies. It’s just that you don’t offer any.
__________________

Diemen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×