US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #661
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 10:48 PM
I know. If only he had some other place to go where his freedom wasn’t being repressed by a bunch of fascists. Or is it communists? I keep getting those two confused. All I know is he’s being treated terribly unfairly by a bunch of freedom haters.
__________________

Diemen is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #662
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I know. If only he had some other place to go where his freedom wasn’t being repressed by a bunch of fascists. Or is it communists? I keep getting those two confused. All I know is he’s being treated terribly unfairly by a bunch of freedom haters.
conveniently, you just have to say "AOC" now and it covers all of those.
__________________

DaveC is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #663
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Honest question, or, honest answer rather - i have been out of the loop for the past 24 hours or so therefore i have no idea what comments the Potus may have made regarding this being the worst hurricane ever.



So it's my guess that he misspoke unintentionally and that perhaps you or others are making too much out of his comments, potentially digging to find something out of nothing for some unknown reason? What does matter, at this point, is that there is a big storm out there that will likely cause damage even if it does hopefully veer north away from the mainland.



I would be more concerned about keeping my eye on the ball at this point (the storm) instead of trying to dissect a comment and find some fire where there really isn't even any smoke.


He’s the president. His statements are typically prepared or rehearsed. If not, he was a moral responsibility to be correct. What does it matter? As a scientist and engineer, he outright damages the public understanding of science every time he speaks. He’s a leader. He does this all the time. He “misspeaks” as you say. He conveniently misspeaks in a fashion that riles up his opposition. It’s not random as you suggest.

His words have consequences. You think I’m just digging but that’s not true. I’m searching for understanding as to why he says things that cost us in knowledge, society, or cash. Example: declaring Alabama is going to take a beating... this is what he did. He circumvented the NWS and now the NWS has to go back on his words and stop Alabamans from responding. God forbid the storm does take a freakish turn toward Alabama and all of the sudden the “media” will be blamed when in fact the national weather service is unbiased and regimented band the president spoke out of term.

You can say “there isn’t even smoke” here but I’m literally posting on both fronts in this very thread right now. With subject matter both of my expertise and/or personal experience. If you think I’m biased and digging here, take a long look at the last few pages and ask yourself again.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #664
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Maybe you’re not a racist. You seem to be okay supporting one, as I’ve never seen you or any of the other right wingers left here speak negatively of Mr. Trump’s cozying up to racists. I never saw you call out Trump’s “fine people in both sides” comment, or his “go back to their own countries” comments for the racist dog whistles they are.

If you’re not racist, how come you stay silent on that stuff?
Why does it always come down to race with the 6 or 7 people that post here? Funny isn't it?
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #665
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
comes in here, trolls and insults everyone like an 8 year old, and then cries and whines to the teacher about everyone (including the teacher) being big ol meanies to him.

so you're a pathetic coward on top of being a childish loser, then. got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
such a tragedy that he's being forced to post in this terrible awful place overrun with all these terrible awful lefties and deal with the terrible awful moderator, and doesn't have the option to just fuck off to somewhere else on the internet if he wants to post terrible awful shit without being told by people that he's terrible and awful.
back to your drugs little boy
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #666
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 10:48 PM
I just like how the right-leaning posters here are complaining that they're not getting a fair shake when there have been people like myself who did genuinely try and engage with them. I've always tried to hold respectful conversations with any conservatives that come through this site, and I know other posters have done the same over the years.

But hey, by all means, you guys go on with your "everyone's against us" complex.
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 09-02-2019, 12:01 PM   #667
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 11:48 PM
i've definitely never gotten so high that i became dumb enough to think "you smoke weed lol" is some kind of sick burn.
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #668
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Why does it always come down to race with the 6 or 7 people that post here? Funny isn't it?


So, you complain about being labeled racist, but completely dodge the issue when given the opportunity to defend yourself. Duly noted.
Diemen is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 12:12 PM   #669
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 12:48 AM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I just like how the right-leaning posters here are complaining that they're not getting a fair shake when there have been people like myself who did genuinely try and engage with them. I've always tried to hold respectful conversations with any conservatives that come through this site, and I know other posters have done the same over the years.



But hey, by all means, you guys go on with your "everyone's against us" complex.


I’m trying to engage in serious dialogue right now but am being disregarded as simply digging for things to be angry about. 🤷🏻
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 12:35 PM   #670
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I’m trying to engage in serious dialogue right now but am being disregarded as simply digging for things to be angry about.
Yep. Case in point, right there.

Regarding the race thing, we've got a president who decided to push a birther conspiracy against Obama for much of his presidency, who's referred to immigrants coming here as an "invasion", who's referred to communities with high minority populations as "infested", who's received support from a notable member of the KKK and numerous white supremacists, and who told four congresswomen of color to "go back where they came from" and stood by silently and didn't chide any of the people at his rallies who shouted, "Send her back!"

But sure. We're the ones who keep bringing race into everything.
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 09-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #671
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Hey - you forgot homophobic and misogynist, isn't that your go to when you have nothing else?



Anyway, you don't know me personally but if you did you would realize that what you just posted couldn't be further from the truth.




Hey, I don’t know if this is true, but I just going to put this here for you to determine.

A lot of people are saying, there’s a lot of talk, that’s just what people are saying, that Mrs G might be racist. That’s just what I’m hearing.
BVS is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 01:02 PM   #672
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Even just using the "unintentionally misspeaks" line speaks volumes.

Yes, Trump unintentionally misspoke when he lied about having talks with the Chinese about tariffs in order to juice the stock market. He unintentionally misspoke when he to German press in Europe last week that his father was born in a wonderful place in Germany (otherwise known as the Bronx). He also unintentionally misspoke when 10 days ago he said the dollar was the highest in history or when he said that the farmers are getting $16B in subsidies from China paying tariffs (hint: they don't) or when he said that late term abortions happen when mothers meet with doctors to decide whether to execute the baby once it's been birthed.

No lies, just an honest man making honest gaffes.
anitram is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:02 PM   #673
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I know. If only he had some other place to go where his freedom wasn’t being repressed by a bunch of fascists. Or is it communists? I keep getting those two confused. All I know is he’s being treated terribly unfairly by a bunch of freedom haters.
Just because you’ve been told all your life that radical liberals or leftists, whatever your preferred term is, are communists not fascists because “only right wingers can be fascists”, doesn’t mean it’s true.

Which side wants to start limiting the first and second amendment? The left. Which side shows the most physical violence towards people with different views than them? The left. Which side wants BIGGER government, MORE regulations and restrictions on freedoms? That’s right, the left.

I suggest you start reading up some history on fascism, and see which side is showing those tendencies right now.

And the prime example is this forum. If you don’t agree with the five or six “geniuses “ that watch their post count as if it’s gives credibility , you get shouted down, insulted, whatever.

And a biased moderator, who really would prefer there not be intelligent discourse on actual facts or policies, but keep this as a support group for Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #674
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Just because you’ve been told all your life that radical liberals or leftists, whatever your preferred term is, are communists not fascists because “only right wingers can be fascists”, doesn’t mean it’s true.
galaxybrain.jpg
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #675
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
So, you complain about being labeled racist, but completely dodge the issue when given the opportunity to defend yourself. Duly noted.
Defend myself against what exactly....dodging issues....honestly i am not even sure we are having the same conversation. I'm not held accountable to you, but if something happened while i was away (perhaps banned because i voted against your wishes) i must be held accountable for it now? What kind of logic on display here.....

This place used to be fun. Well all got along for the most part. I know there were ups and downs, but we made it through. I was content to just write stories and nobody seemed to have an issue with that, many in fact seemed entertained.

Then 2016 happened - a lot of you guys on the left absolutely lost your minds. Suddenly everything is racist, from a restaurant chain to the clothes people wear to flags and monuments, etc. YOU were furious, enraged, how the hell could this have happened?!? How dare you deplorable red state white trash!!!

You needed an enemy, you needed an excuse, the media told you we were all racists, etc. You bought it all, every last drop. RUSSIA! RACISM! RINSE & REPEAT. Throw common sense and reason out the window.

Screaming racism because you lost an election....it's just sad. Step away and look at what you are doing here....do you really want to go down this road? People here are now calling me racist here because there is no one else in the room to blame anymore. What happenes when i am gone? Who will you hate then?

Maybe you should all take a long look in the mirror and ask yourselves what you are doing and why.....my conscience is clear...is yours?
Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #676
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 11:48 PM
yes, we're all still super mad about the presidential election from 3 years ago and are all irrationally taking our multi-year collective temper tantrum out on poor you. we should all feel guilty and ashamed because you're sad that you don't have any buddies around anymore to post sneaky totally-not-racist cracker barrel dogwhistle meme threads with. i'm gonna go log off now and weep at the tragedy of your predicament.
DaveC is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 03:47 PM   #677
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 10:48 PM
I mean, how dare we be deeply bothered by the fact that a guy who, I will reiterate, spent seven years pushing a racist birther conspiracy against Obama was the one to follow him as president? What could possibly be wrong with those optics, am I right?

And how dare we be bothered by the fact that voters knew full well of his involvement in that conspiracy, knew full well of the pain and harassment Trump's actions caused Obama and his family, and still, at the end of the day, decided, "Yeah, he totally seems like he'd make a good president."

I don't care what else one has to say about why they supported Trump, there is absolutely NO justifiable defense or excuse for that decision. That's just outright shameful. We have every single right to be pissed about that.
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #678
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Just because you’ve been told all your life that radical liberals or leftists, whatever your preferred term is, are communists not fascists because “only right wingers can be fascists”, doesn’t mean it’s true.



Which side wants to start limiting the first and second amendment? The left. Which side shows the most physical violence towards people with different views than them? The left. Which side wants BIGGER government, MORE regulations and restrictions on freedoms? That’s right, the left.



I suggest you start reading up some history on fascism, and see which side is showing those tendencies right now.



And the prime example is this forum. If you don’t agree with the five or six “geniuses “ that watch their post count as if it’s gives credibility , you get shouted down, insulted, whatever.



And a biased moderator, who really would prefer there not be intelligent discourse on actual facts or policies, but keep this as a support group for Trump Derangement Syndrome.


Still, no examples, eh?

Just TDS? That’s all you got?
BVS is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:09 PM   #679
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,467
Local Time: 12:48 AM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Defend myself against what exactly....dodging issues....honestly i am not even sure we are having the same conversation. I'm not held accountable to you, but if something happened while i was away (perhaps banned because i voted against your wishes) i must be held accountable for it now? What kind of logic on display here.....



This place used to be fun. Well all got along for the most part. I know there were ups and downs, but we made it through. I was content to just write stories and nobody seemed to have an issue with that, many in fact seemed entertained.



Then 2016 happened - a lot of you guys on the left absolutely lost your minds. Suddenly everything is racist, from a restaurant chain to the clothes people wear to flags and monuments, etc. YOU were furious, enraged, how the hell could this have happened?!? How dare you deplorable red state white trash!!!



You needed an enemy, you needed an excuse, the media told you we were all racists, etc. You bought it all, every last drop. RUSSIA! RACISM! RINSE & REPEAT. Throw common sense and reason out the window.



Screaming racism because you lost an election....it's just sad. Step away and look at what you are doing here....do you really want to go down this road? People here are now calling me racist here because there is no one else in the room to blame anymore. What happenes when i am gone? Who will you hate then?



Maybe you should all take a long look in the mirror and ask yourselves what you are doing and why.....my conscience is clear...is yours?


Why are you pretending like you’re above this when you’re the OG “but her emails” poster?

Given that the entire Trump ethos is centered around racism — the wall, invaders from the south, birtherism, go back to your shithole countries — it’s racist to not call out the racism as it comes. He wouldn’t do it if he didn’t think it appealed to his voters — racial resentment works. It always has. This isn’t new. Trump is just it’s latest, stupidest, most aggressive manifestation (George Wallace had more tact).

This is a racist president running on a platform of a restoration of white supremacy after a black president. And he was aided and abetted into office by a hostile foreign government (that they werent competent enough to actually collide with, but not for lack of effort) and then they obstructed justice 10 times.

It stopped being fun for you because it isn’t fun. You’re called to account because you have aligned yourself with the undefendable, and sharpers kinda call you out on it, and you can’t compose a coherent argument. Which is probably why he snookered you in the first place.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #680
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,455
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post



Which side wants to start limiting the first and second amendment? The left. Which side shows the most physical violence towards people with different views than them? The left. Which side wants BIGGER government, MORE regulations and restrictions on freedoms? That’s right, the left.
I’m always happy to debate when someone chooses to, but you’re genuinely not very good at it. It’s like... when you say it, you think it makes it true. Imbecilic. You offer no substance of free speech limitations. Yes though, the left does want to limit the second amendment (because we have a bad gun violence issue). Both sides show physical violence towards their opposition in petty ways (we’ve seen people go on shooting sprees on both sides! Minorities get beat up all the time, similar to your funny maga people, who generally get left alone but sometimes get their smugness kicked in). Blah blah blah big government is not fascism. Blah blah blah “regulations on freedoms” is the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard - the whole social argument is whether or not to protect someone else’s freedom. So your brainless argument is double sided but you don’t want to hear that. The difference is the left only hates you for hating others.



Quote:
I suggest you start reading up some history on fascism, and see which side is showing those tendencies right now.
Lol neither are, I suggest you start reading up on fascism because you have no fucking clue what it is. Thank you for ignoring my whole post on it. Maybe you just couldn’t understand it?


Quote:

And the prime example is this forum. If you don’t agree with the five or six “geniuses “ that watch their post count as if it’s gives credibility , you get shouted down, insulted, whatever.
Dude you can’t feel bad because you’re not very smart. Nobody here is looking at post counts. They’re looking at your posts, which lack in factual content.


Quote:

And a biased moderator, who really would prefer there not be intelligent discourse on actual facts or policies, but keep this as a support group for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

You’re incapable of providing intelligent discourse. It’s hard to do that when you’re factually incorrect all the time and have failed to educate yourself. Others are capable, and it’s unfortunate that they won’t. You give them a bad name.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×