US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike Hillary, Obama was actually president, and despite his mockery of candidate Romney in the video, he apparently had less knowledge regarding the nature of Russia's intentions than candidate Romney at that point in time. So yeah, it's still relevant given some of the hyperbole posted here. [emoji41]

It’s really not though. The invasion of Crimea changed a lot of things after 2014, and Russia didn’t actively support a willing and agreeable candidate in 2012 like they did in 2016. I know it feels like you made a point, but the only one you made is that things sometimes change in the world. You sound like the kids calling Biden a racist because he supported the 90s Crime Bill.

Glad you agree that Russia is a problem, and you won’t vote for their candidate in 2020! You must be as disappointed as I am in McConnell’s unwillingness to make a bipartisan statement in 2016 about the Russian threat to the election, as well as his refusal to do anything today. If you think these clips are zingers because of underestimating the Russian threat, I can’t imagine how upset you must be with the GOP these days.

Last edited:
It’s really not though. The invasion of Crimea changed a lot of things after 2014, and Russia didn’t actively support a willing and agreeable candidate in 2012 like they did in 2016. I know it feels like you made a point, but the only one you made is that things sometimes change in the world. You sound like the kids calling Biden a racist because he supported the 90s Crime Bill.

Glad you agree that Russia is a problem, and you won’t vote for their candidate in 2020! You must be as disappointed as I am in McConnell’s unwillingness to make a bipartisan statement in 2016 about the Russian threat to the election, as well as his refusal to do anything today. If you think these clips are zingers because of underestimating the Russian threat, I can’t imagine how upset you must be with the GOP these days.

Or perhaps Romney was just watching a gathering storm on the horizon and Obama kept trying to deflect back to Al Qaeda because those were his talking points. Anyone with any common sense knew something was up with Russia back then.

Or perhaps Romney was just watching a gathering storm on the horizon and Obama kept trying to deflect back to Al Qaeda because those were his talking points. Anyone with any common sense knew something was up with Russia back then.

You must have been aghast at Trump’s performance at Helsinki — the living embodiment of all that oracle Mitt warned us about. What have you done to help us prepare against Russian attacks in 2020?

Thankfully, Obama eradicated Al Qaeda in his second term. What a luxury not to have to worry anymore!

It’s also noted that we have an unreconstructed racist in office who has been saying horrible things to black politicians for weeks ... and yet, all you can post about is a debate line from 7 years ago. Also by a black man, I guess.

Fair enough. We all choose what’s important to us.

Last edited:

Of course this is the case, which makes criticism of Obama in this case sort of silly. He’s incumbent. It’s bad optics if he’s admitting Russia’s coming unhinged. That’s not entirely in the control of the US president.

But to Irvine’s point, what is the sense in deflecting/ignoring the current times with examples of the past? Calling out hypocrisy isn’t constructive. Either Obama was wrong/incapable yada yada and so is Trump, or neither were. In the case of the former, mocking Obama is not constructive and is tribal. In the case of the latter, you should be taking his side.

Personally I don’t think Trump is an “asset,” but Trump absolutely let’s the US media trigger him into being a sitting duck on the issue. Whatever the media criticizes of him, Trump insists upon doubling and tripling down. The media has criticized him for not standing up to the meddling campaign that helped his election and in turn his ego simply can’t handle that, and so he simply refutes the media’s assertion. That’s not helpful.

You must have been aghast at Trump’s performance at Helsinki — the living embodiment of all that oracle Mitt warned us about. What have you done to help us prepare against Russian attacks in 2020?

Nothing i can discuss here on a public forum :up:

Thankfully, Obama eradicated Al Qaeda in his second term. What a luxury not to have to worry anymore!

Although it is unfortunate that in the process he created an even larger menace in the ME.

It’s also noted that we have an unreconstructed racist in office who has been saying horrible things to black politicians for weeks ... and yet, all you can post about is a debate line from 7 years ago. Also by a black man, I guess.

It's almost as if you are not familiar with your own recent posting history. Mueller, Mueller? :huh:

Fair enough. We all choose what’s important to us.

It seems you choose the low road of race - baiting. Not entirely surprised but still a shame to see you return down this path.

I post on a wide variety of topics, Russia and otherwise. You? Got anything other than “I remembered something so let’s see if I can trigger a Lib today”?

Tell ya what, when the GOP quits obsessing over her, then we'll talk.

But her emails! Lock her up! Send her back!

It’s all the same misogyny. The kind that overlooks pussy-grabbing and several credible rape accusations, and then demands total purity from the other side.

I post on a wide variety of topics, Russia and otherwise. You? Got anything other than “I remembered something so let’s see if I can trigger a Lib today”?

Sorry friend, i don't have as much time for this kind of thing as i used to. However it doesn't take a trained eye to see the race baiting in your posts.

If you care to drop the nonsense then perhaps we can move forward. Otherwise i'm not really interested.

" race-baiting? " :hmm:

Maaaaaybe when Trump stops dog whistling and outright spewing sewagey comments about black and brown people whether here in The States or about other "########" countries, which encourage violent bigots as well as helping to hold up institutional racism...

... and genuine first-class citizenship is finally granted to black, and brown people (and other POC) , oh, yes, plus women, the lgbtqi community etc...

... some if us will no longer feel the need to remind people of the subtle to egregious things that happen now and in the past.

Last edited:
One of the latest stupid things el trumpo is directing is for the discontinuation of counting bee populations - which, oh, only pollinate 1/3 of our crops. Way-to-go Mr Science. :up: :gah:

-----------------------------
During the 9-11 Responders signing ceremony today, he was all solemn and "caring" but couldn't he have used that big fat mouth of his to get the repuglicans to have supported that bill sooner!? :|

Last edited:
One of the latest stupid things el trumpo is directing is for the discontinuation of counting bee populations - which, oh, only pollinate 1/3 of our crops. Way-to-go Mr Science. :up: :gah:

-----------------------------
During the 9-11 Responders signing ceremony today, he was all solemn and "caring" but couldn't he have used that big fat mouth of his to get the repuglicans to have supported that bill sooner!? :|
I swear this guy just wants to destroy the environment just to troll people. He can’t be this effing stupid!!! Oh never mind he did say the windmills cause cancer hahaha

That's kinda all the GOP has left, to be fair

Which was the whole point of stepping in to make a comment about Obama that has nothing to do with anything. “Oh yeah? But one time Obama ...”

But it’s not about race of course. And it wasn’t about women in 2016 (just *that* woman).

Right.

Sorry friend, i don't have as much time for this kind of thing as i used to. However it doesn't take a trained eye to see the race baiting in your posts.

If you care to drop the nonsense then perhaps we can move forward. Otherwise i'm not really interested.

Right, no one has the time, but look what you do with the time you do have.

Where is there to move forward? Have you said anything of substance or relevance other than “but this one time Obama ...”

And then pretend like you’re some kind of gentleman and taking the high road when this is just a part of the longer troll?

But Irvine, what a crushing loss to the discourse if you don’t drop the “race-baiting” and let him dictate the parameters by which he can drop lazy “gotchas” on the libs that fall apart under the barest scrutiny.

Silence Diemen, you are not to enjoy any minute of this discourse as you’ve been eternally damned into a fate of the current middle, *even if it doesn’t exist.*

~spooky noises~

Remember when orgieporgie, bluer white, sbs and the rest of these assholes created a "secret" cracker barrel thread to own the libs and talk about "the real america" (ya know, the white one) but we're caught because orgieporgie was a moron and made it obvious who he was with his blatantly racist Reddit account in a sub dedicated to a candidate that they so didn't even support but just felt the need to counter the echo chamber, yaknow?

That was awesome

tenor.gif

Last edited:
It’s the same thing with Epstein.

All the right wingers could do when faced with Trumps association was to say “Whatabout Bill Clinton!!”

What about him? If he’s guilty like the rest then lock him up.

But the POTUS is a pedophile, rapist, racist, traitor. But Baltimore!!!!!

It’s the same thing with Epstein.

All the right wingers could do when faced with Trumps association was to say “Whatabout Bill Clinton!!”

What about him? If he’s guilty like the rest then lock him up.

This. Unlike Trump supporters, I'm fine with people on my side of the political aisle actually being held accountable for any crimes they commit.

To say nothing of how that argument can be summed up as, "Well, if you can get away with it, so can we!", which is...not exactly the best strategy to go with, I don't think. One would think any Republicans who actually care about their party and wanted to keep it honorable and respectable wouldn't want it to be bogged down in the same sorts of scandals, but hey.

I just saw clips of his speech on Colbert's show and he honest to God could not get through praising the first responders without inserting himself into the narrative and talking about how he was totally down there on 9/11. I just...the mind boggles at this level of narcissism.

Last edited:
The guy cracked a joke about the stage collapsing to a group of 9/11 First Responders.

He didn't invite Carolyn Maloney or Jon Stewart to the signing because, hey, owning the libs y'all!

He "I was there'd" 9/11 like he's fucking Mike Francesa talking about a sporting event.

There is zero photographic evidence of him "helping" at The Pile. The only known time he went to Ground Zero at all was 2 days later.

He remarked on TV that he now has the tallest building downtown WHILE THE TOWERS WERE COLLAPSING.

He claims he saw people jumping off the roofs as he watched from Trump Tower... which anyone who has even the slightest of knowledge on the geography of Manhattan would know is possible unless this asshole has telescopes for eyeballs.

He said this...
"When you see pictures of people on fire jumping off the building when the World Trade Center was hit, you think: 'This may be hard to rent,'" Trump said in a May 11, 2005, interview with journalist Timothy O'Brien

Oh but hey, he wants to ban Muslims and he loves America and all that shit (except the country where the actual hijackers and planners came from isn't on his list. Rather he's supporting them and selling them weaponry even though they quite recently killed another US resident and chopped him into little pieces because he has the audacity to criticize the "Kingdom")

Fuck this guy. Fuck him a thousand fucking times, and fuck every single person who supports him (including those who wink wink heyyyy I don't support him just trying to be fair and balanced against all you libs wink wink).

He "I was there'd" 9/11 like he's fucking Mike Francesa talking about a sporting event.

There is zero photographic evidence of him "helping" at The Pile. The only known time he went to Ground Zero at all was 2 days later.

He remarked on TV that he now has the tallest building downtown WHILE THE TOWERS WERE COLLAPSING.

He claims he saw people jumping off the roofs as he watched from Trump Tower... which anyone who has even the slightest of knowledge on the geography of Manhattan would know is possible unless this asshole has telescopes for eyeballs.

He said this...

Just remember, Hillary Clinton once made up a story about sniper fire in Bosnia, so this is all totally ok and exactly the same thing and a reasonable comparison for me to make betweeen these events.

I’m just a broker, an honest one, and here to keep you libs in line.

Or if we start adding requirements... militarily... socially... culturally... economically... Russia isn’t first. Russia is just actively attacking in a very loud and pronounced way.
I'm coming back to this and changing my tune a bit and moving Russia off the list of nation states who are a threat to the US - because it isn't actually Russia or the Russian people, rather the intelligence linked Russian organized crime element, who happens to be in control of the country at this current time, who is doing the attacking.

Which is why it was hard to see coming, and why it's hard to stop - specifically if you want to, ya know, not do anything about it.

They're attacking us in the same way we overthrew countries in the 70s and 80s. Which is ironic, don'tcha think?

Last edited:
They're attacking us in the same way we overthrough countries in the 70s and 80s. Which is ironic, don'tcha think?

an old man turned 88
he was friends with dick cheney
who shot him in the face
it's a contra in your sandinista
it's a jimmy carter
talking about malaise

and isn't it ironic
don't ya think

it's the CIAAAAA, in your embassy
it's a coup d'etaaaaat, on your tropical island
it's like colonel north
and that asshole reagan