US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2019, 10:21 PM   #441
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Portland is very liberal. And young. If young people ever voted, Maine would go completely blue.

Maybe 2020 will be the year the youth vote makes the difference.

Probably not.
iwanttobelieve.jpg

Old 08-23-2019, 02:38 AM   #442
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
iwanttobelieve.jpg
I have a small sliver of hope that the young vote will be greater than in years past - and that hope is the Parkland kids.

If they can't turn out the young vote? The young vote doesn't exist.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #443
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:29 AM
https://twitter.com/howardfineman/st...629427201?s=21

Medicare for all won’t be an easy sell
Old 08-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #444
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ruth Bader just underwent cancer treatment.

I now implore everyone to shut the fuck up and vote for any Dem in 2020, and take vanloads of people to the polls. 3 appointments by fucking Trump would be worse than i ever imagined.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

Old 08-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

You really showed me
Old 08-23-2019, 04:31 PM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Oh RBG.

Pancreatic cancer is just about the worst news.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Your weekly reminder that trade wars are good and easy to win.

Drumpf just announced more retaliatory tariffs against China, after the stock market closed, of course.

My hope is that he fucks the economy enough to lose support from his base, but not enough that we can't recover under the next administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumpf
the 250 BILLION DOLLARS of goods and products from China, currently being taxed at 25%, will be taxed at 30%.

Additionally, the remaining 300 BILLION DOLLARS of goods and products from China, that was being taxed from September 1st at 10%, will now be taxed at 15%
Old 08-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #449
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Oh RBG.

Pancreatic cancer is just about the worst news.
Oh, man, when i heard thattoday... It is one of the worst.
I have heard of some people surviving 5 yrs or so.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:51 PM   #450
Blue Crack Supplier

Dannyboy-

I get your take messing it up enough to lose some of his base -but I've heard some trumpiteers say we'll put up with that (economic problems) if it will get us this.

(And like your a good recovery from the next Dem admin),

But at the same time some of the first people effected probably will be middle to lower wage people of color, maybe older workers and that makes me worry because i have friends and acquaintances in those categories (among others). So not sure i could wish for that.

It does seem like some of drumph's corruption abd finances involved with the banks, other countries etc may be beginning to get some more traction (they are trying prevent the banks from handing over info to investigators). The Southern District of NY may turn out to be the key.

i'm sort of hoping the Dems will start impeachment hearing sometime Sept.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #451
Blue Crack Distributor

For an 86 year old to be treated for pancreatic cancer and come through is nothing short of amazing.

Wrap her in bubble wrap for the next year and a half.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #452
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Sounds like tumor was removed and cancer hasn’t spread anywhere else

Saw a take online about an 86 year old female justice has been battling cancer for the millionth time it seems and she comes right back to work like nothing.

Brett Kavanaugh can’t get thru 10 mins of questioning without crying

Yet women are too emotional to lead.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:18 PM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Dannyboy-

I get your take messing it up enough to lose some of his base -but I've heard some trumpiteers say we'll put up with that (economic problems) if it will get us this.

(And like your a good recovery from the next Dem admin),

But at the same time some of the first people effected probably will be middle to lower wage people of color, maybe older workers and that makes me worry because i have friends and acquaintances in those categories (among others). So not sure i could wish for that.

I get it, but I worry about what will happen to the economy if he has another four years of pissing contests.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #454
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Ruth Bader just underwent cancer treatment.

I now implore everyone to shut the fuck up and vote for any Dem in 2020, and take vanloads of people to the polls. 3 appointments by fucking Trump would be worse than i ever imagined.
So many people here misunderstand the point of a primary. We need to be able to criticize the Democratic candidates right now. That's how we vet them to see who is best to try and win in 2020. My criticisms of Joe Biden are both because I think he'd be bad for the country and would be a dangerous risk of losing to Trump. He has a shitty record, he's losing his mental capacity to handle all of this, and he's only going to get worse over the next 15 months of campaigning. Tonight, he pulled a Hillary Clinton and publicly speculated about Barack Obama getting assassinated to score political points.

Meanwhile, Kamala Harris supporters staged a walkout of the Sunrise Movement today for some reason, the same week that Harris went to the Hamptons to assure billionaires she's on her side. She's trying to wrestle the billionaires' support from Pete Buttigieg, who has courted them most effectively to this point. That's always something you want to see from the party that's supposed to be fighting economic inequality!

The 2016 election proved that a lot of polling data is a crock of shit at this point. Yet we still want to concern ourselves with based on the same polls that have proven to tell us a lot less than we thought they did.

So often the reflex to move to the middle with the candidate is one to "play it safe," to recline in the conventional wisdom that we are a nation of centrists and that centrism has the most mass appeal. I don't know how many cycles of us running out centrists we have to go through before people realize you can't do that every single time out. 2018 was one time where a wave of centrists got through because Trump was unpopular. The presidential election of 2020 isn't going to have the same dynamic, especially with the Democrats deciding to do nothing in the lead up to that election.

More importantly, if you manage to get a centrist Dem in there to "stop the bleeding," it's still going to fail to help most people. And that would put the 2024 election in major jeopardy, just as Obama failed to do enough from 2008 to 2016 to make "let's keep doing this!" a winning election strategy.

I only see one candidate capable of driving out the much-needed youth vote that Headache referenced upthread.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #455
Acrobat

This event is for any minorities or people of color in the Baltimore/DC area who are tired of remaining in the liberal poverty trap. There are other ways of thinking. Think for yourself.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1jfZG-l...=111npodvlc4c5
Old 08-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

oh, look who's back pretending to care about people of color to use them as a political prop.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #457
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

I wonder if there’s an equivalent for all those white people addicted to meth and with no jobs or social services in red states who continually vote for tax cuts for billionaires and who’s life expectancy drops by the year due to GOP policies and racist scapegoating of immigrants.

The moral genius of Barack Obama was that he gave health care to the children of these people, these people who called him the N-word and enjoy Trump’s cruelty. (what Gzus would actually do) Maybe they’ll eventually figure it out?

I’d love to know how slashing taxes for the wealthy and shutting down abortion clinics and an all-out assault on the environment is going to help inner-city Baltimore. By all means, do explain.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:06 PM   #458
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
This event is for any minorities or people of color in the Baltimore/DC area who are tired of remaining in the liberal poverty trap. There are other ways of thinking. Think for yourself.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1jfZG-l...=111npodvlc4c5
Great!

You and Kanye should totally go, guy who totally doesn't support Trump but only supports everything he does.

There were Jews who helped the Nazis and Africans who aided the slave trade. So hey, don't know what those groups were complaining about then, either, amirite?!?!

If you were truly an independent conservative, you'd be outraged by this administration. The deficit is exploding. The dipshit in chief literally "ordered" companies to stop doing business with another country just yesterday. You would have jumped ship, like many of us have done before.

But you're not.

Your idea of conservatism has nothing to do with fiscal responsibility and everything to do with your old fashioned, horse shit idea of white Americana which is somehow bastardized off as being "Christian"

There's nothing Christian about hate.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #459
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:29 PM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Blexit, “grassroots” movement founded by Candace Owens, totally serious thinker as evidenced by her appearances on that luminary site for intellectual, thoughtful, responsible right wing journalism... Infowars.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:07 AM   #460
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
I get it, but I worry about what will happen to the economy if he has another four years of pissing contests.
That and how many other awful things. We've got to get the WH back and the Senate too.