US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That must be it

I don’t get the point of this response. You obsess over some crowd of dimwits on Twitter, and that’s fine because it’s funny and all, but you shape it in the sense of a criticism towards his candidacy. You’re not the only one who does this. It’s annoying. The false narrative of Bernie Bros broism which apparently makes Bernie a sexist... perfect example.

literally every single campaign except for maybe buttigieg's has legitimate beef with how this all went down but by all means let's focus entirely on how some random bernie bros on twitter are overreacting.

When Perez called for recanvassing before the final vote, Bernie Twitter went nuts saying it's rigged because the DNC knows Bernie is going to win the most delegates.

When the final vote came in and Pete had a slight and fairly insignificant delegate lead, Bernie Twitter went nuts about how it's impossible for Pete to win.

If the recanvassing shows Pete won again? Bernie Twitter won't believe it.

i hope you realize this is pretty much the same thing as when i gloated in the early NBA season about "experts" saying the raptors wouldn't make the playoffs and then you nit picked me to hell about how i was moreso referring to ESPN hot take factories and randos on social media.

Last edited:
Updated Boston Tracking Poll - Pete up 12 points in 3 days since Iowa, Biden down 7, Bernie steady, Warren up 2

For every stupid thing you hear from some Bernie twitterites, the same stupidity exists for every single campaign on both sides of the isles, and it happens directly proportional to the amount of followers they have.

There, I hope that makes it more clear.
Absolutely false

Oh yeah, you’re right, some campaigns don’t have stupid followers.

What a fucking stupid thing to suggest... and in the most asshole-y way.

Ok, I'll go a little more in depth for you then.

I have been on many discussion with supporters of Warren, Amy, Biden and Pete.
None of them , NONE, even come close to the same universe as Bernie discussions.

I provided an example earlier. I would say, that about 70% of the posts on the Bernie thing, were about how the process was rigged, Pete was corrupt and in bed with the DNC, or paid to get the app made, or got in with the Clintons. It is pure lunacy. AND I will note again. These were comments being made on a post about Bernie WINNING Iowa. They still say it's fucking rigged?!?!?! I just sit there shaking my head as response after insult comes in because i dared to say that once the final totals are in to just accept the results and move on.

When i was in the other candidates posts, I was actually shocked. I was so used to the craziness of twitter back in 2016 that when I got into these,
I was sort of taken back by the rational, courteous discussions. People would say things like, well, I know we may not agree on everything, but we can agree we need to beat Trump.
There would be policy discussion about M4A, or disagreements on free college or whatever,
You would get your usual - Bernie can't win because he's too far left, or Biden is too old, or Pete is to inexperienced, or polls badly with AA voters.... But most everything was based in reality and nearly nothing of it was vitriolic. The only shitty comments would come from Trump trolls.

And most importantly. Not once. Not a single time have I EVER seen any post on those candidates discussions that say that something is rigged, or this person is corrupt, or everyone is trying to take down their candidate. Not once.
On Bernie posts, it literally is the majority.

So I don't know where you're getting this statement from. Do you not interact with voters of other candidates on social media? Do you just assume that all others are as batshit as Bernie supporter comments?

So that is why I can confidently, and not Assholey say, your statement is completely false.

Some people criticised me online so that's how I decided to ditch progressive politics altogether.

You’re buying into media so freaking much. It’s ridiculous. Take a step back and look at his campaign, not some fucking people on Twitter. Your twitter knows you just like the rest of your modern internet profiles. You’re being a sucker for that shit. For every stupid thing you hear from some Bernie twitterites, the same stupidity exists for every single campaign on both sides of the isles, and it happens directly proportional to the amount of followers they have.

Though I tend to think the KHive is the nuttiest political fandom even vaguely to the left of Trump.

literally every single campaign except for maybe buttigieg's has legitimate beef with how this all went down but by all means let's focus entirely on how some random bernie bros on twitter are overreacting.

i hope you realize this is pretty much the same thing as when i gloated in the early NBA season about "experts" saying the raptors wouldn't make the playoffs and then you nit picked me to hell about how i was moreso referring to ESPN hot take factories and randos on social media.
Totally. Completely the same thing. Thank you for correcting me.

I don’t get the point of this response. You obsess over some crowd of dimwits on Twitter, and that’s fine because it’s funny and all, but you shape it in the sense of a criticism towards his candidacy. You’re not the only one who does this. It’s annoying. The false narrative of Bernie Bros broism which apparently makes Bernie a sexist... perfect example.
No totally agree here. Bernie has never done anything wrong. It's all randos on Twitter.

Obviously, it’s not everyone. But, aside from the online Trump Nazis, no one burns with hate for the other candidates like I’ve seen from that Bernie crowd. We’ve seen it in here — both in 2016 (the guy who thought black women were too stupid to be allowed to vote) and this year where Pete and Warren have been told to “immediately withdraw” and that voting for How Biden means you’re a bad person.

Just one example — there are many Bernie folks in my various internet ventures — and some people stuff like this all the time:

Adjustments.JPG

And that’s from a gay Bernie Bro I know.

It’s not everyone. It’s not most. It might not even be some. It might just be a few. These are anecdotes. But I remember when they were all about the KILLary/SHILLary memes in 2016. No one else behaves this way that I’ve seen ... except for the folks on the right calling Michelle Obama a gorilla or whatever.

i'm beginning to suspect that some of you here who claim that you'll vote D no matter who the nominee is are completely full of shit.

i'm beginning to suspect that some of you here who claim that you'll vote D no matter who the nominee is are completely full of shit.

That’s BS. I can’t stand Bernie but if he’s the nominee I’ll reluctantly vote for him because he’s less dangerous than Trump.

No one else behaves this way that I’ve seen ... except for the folks on the right calling Michelle Obama a gorilla or whatever.

yes totally, bernie bros posting a meme of mayor pete as a rat is just like racists calling a black person a gorilla. centrism at its finest.

Last edited:
I will begrudgingly go out and vote for Sanders if he is the nominee. But I make no secret whatsoever that I really really do not want to, and would never in a million years vote for him if the alternative wasn't four more years of Donald Trump, which would do irreparable damage to our country.

The center attempts at deconstructing Sanders image are the same that the internet attempted to do to Corbyn in the UK. They’re the same attempts that the right had on Clinton’s character. It blows my mind that you guys fall for this shit.

The center attempts at deconstructing Sanders image are the same that the internet attempted to do to Corbyn in the UK. They’re the same attempts that the right had on Clinton’s character. It blows my mind that you guys fall for this shit.
So why is it that any insult or slight against Sanders is us "falling for shit", yet the left can regularly attack moderate voters and candidates? Empty suits, dottering old man, a snake?

This is ok - but when it's the opposite? Man, it's just us evil centrists being dumb.

So why is it that any insult or slight against Sanders is us "falling for shit", yet the left can regularly attack moderate voters and candidates? Empty suits, dottering old man, a snake?

This is ok - but when it's the opposite? Man, it's just us evil centrists being dumb.

Sorry I didn’t mean to be calling you out about why you don’t want to vote for him. I’m talking about the general criticism of twitter posters and other campaigns attempting to use that against him.

I understand why you might not want to vote for him from a perspective of policy. I have concerns about some of it. And I don’t really care if you’re a “centrist” because I really don’t align with a philosophy. I view government as a dynamic system, where philosophies are only correct for given points in time. So, you can happily be a centrist. I don’t care if someone is a full on right wing economist, I really don’t look at anyone any differently unless they possess shitty moral views or are just bad people.

yes totally, bernie bros posting a meme of mayor pete as a rat is just like racists calling a black person a gorilla. centrism at its finest.

I’ll repeat: I do not see the vitriol of the right from anywhere on the left ... except in certain Bernie camps. I agree this isn’t quite the level of the gorilla, but there is no one even close anywhere else on the left.

I will begrudgingly go out and vote for Sanders if he is the nominee. But I make no secret whatsoever that I really really do not want to, and would never in a million years vote for him if the alternative wasn't four more years of Donald Trump, which would do irreparable damage to our country.

If Bernie is the nominee I will rush out to vote for him and knock on doors for him like I did Obama.

So debate tonight.

My totally obvious predictions below:

I'm guessing Li'l Pete will be under heavy fire.
Joe will do his best tough guy impersonation.
Bernie will keep Bernie-ing
And Warren will play up electability and bringing people together.

With the latest tracking poll, It could be another Iowa, except with actual solid, timely results.

poll-3.jpg

I'm staying off social media today. Don't want to hear about how this poll was rigged. ;)

If Bernie is the nominee I will rush out to vote for him and knock on doors for him like I did Obama.

Ditto. I donated to Clinton and drove people to the polls. I will do the same for Crazy Bernie! Hell I may even phone bank or knock doors. It's all just too important.

Remember to get involved with the swing state senate races as well.

https://www.paybackproject.org/ is a good place to start with taking out the 9 most vunerable shit heads.

Last edited:
I won't rush. I'll take a leisurely stroll. Mostly because my vote doesn't actually count for shit #taxationwithoutrepresentation

Actually I think we do get a measly 3 electors. Nevermind

Yes, my vote also counts for nothing (thank you Electoral College). In fact, if i burned my ballot, it might provide me with a few seconds of warmth on a cold November day and would be worth more than my vote here in TN. But I would phone or text bank to swing states for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom