US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #681
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:57 PM
https://twitter.com/gelliottmorris/s...181918208?s=21

This is all that matters

And nice to know the media has just erased Elizabeth Warren altogether

Old 02-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #682
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/merica/status/12...313329152?s=21

Is it not fair to want to know the full health report of a 78 year old who had a heart attack months ago?

Same goes for Trumps medical visit that we’ve all forgotten about.

Or are there no rules or norms anymore ?

Clinton gets overheated and the news cycles were calling her time of death.

Yeah. Again, as someone who will willingly vote for Sanders if he’s the nominee, this really pisses me off. I need to know that the guy I’m voting for is going to live the full term.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:50 AM   #683
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Not even the full term, make it to Election Day.

Really curious who he picks as his running mate.

Has there been any rumors at all?
Old 02-19-2020, 08:51 AM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:57 PM
Only Sanders actual rumor I’ve heard is Warren. Speculation for Baldwin and for Gabbard on a few places on the interwebs.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:57 AM   #685
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status...809735681?s=21

It’s like they’re modeling after someone...

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...213093890?s=21

Up is down
Old 02-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #686
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status...809735681?s=21

It’s like they’re modeling after someone...

Who, Trump? You mean Trump, who wouldn’t have openly admitted he had a heart attack?

What is your statement trying to say here? Bernie Sanders is modeling after Donald Trump? HOW?
Old 02-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #687
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Who, Trump? You mean Trump, who wouldn’t have openly admitted he had a heart attack?

What is your statement trying to say here? Bernie Sanders is modeling after Donald Trump? HOW?

By constantly attacking any request or criticism as FAKE NEWS

Except for Bernie it’s

RIGGED
ESTABLISHMENT
SMEAR CAMPAIGN
THIS IS LIKE BIRTHIRISM

He cannot handle being challenged. Neither can Trump.

He also said he was going to release his medical information.

Now he’s saying he isn’t going to. Why?

He’s lucky to have congress health coverage (plus Medicare) cause no insurance company would cover him for being such a high risk.

I’ll vote for him but i do not like him, his campaign at all.

And don’t think Trump won’t leak any confidential Bernie info in the run up to the election.

We’ll never see Trumps taxes, but you can bet we’ll see all of Bernie’s.

Hope he’s got nothing to hide
Old 02-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #688
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post

It’s because he’s doing the same kind of projection technique that Trump does.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #689
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
He will take all the jabs tonight. His presence, tomorrow at least, is a godsend for Sanders - as Sanders, as the front runner, would have been the one with the knives coming for him.

The person who could gain the most by having a good night is Amy. I think she's the only one who could really sting Bloomberg. Pete has his issues from South Bend and Biden voted for the crime bill (so did Bernie, btw... which I think will be Bloomberg's response to attacks here. A "we all have our mistakes" thing), so I don't know how much they want to go down the attack road on stop and frisk. Amy can go all in if she chooses.

The person with the most to lose is obviously Biden. If he (again) looks like he's lost a step, and Bloomberg does well? Man... even though he's still doing fairly well in the state by states, I just don't see how he survives.
Interesting take on Amy. I do have a feeling that Amy and Warren are going to come out hard tonight. We will hear the same usual Bernie lines, and I think it will be the regular Bernie performance. But Warren and Amy have nothing to lose at this point. I see them going for jugular.
I feel like Pete may get pushed into the background a bit tonight, we shall see.

Biden cannot hide tonight. I think he needs to say 2 things straight to camera.

One. Something like:
"I want to take one minute and talk to directly to my African American and Latino supporters. I'm going to tell it to you straight. I've spent decades building relationships in communities of color. Getting to know you and your families. Your struggles and your great achievements. As president I will be there for you after all this is over.
We have two billionaires on this stage practically handing out money on the streets of NV and SC. Trying to use you as a stepping stone to get into the Oval Office. But I promise you. You'll be forgotten like yesterday's trash. The only one that will be here for you, and fight for you, when all this is said and done is me. I have all along, and my heart and my support is with you, and I hope yours is for me as well..."

I think his closing should be something like:

I think everyone in this room, and watching tonight agrees that beating Donald Trump is our number one priority. Everyone on this stage is going to fight for better health care, environmental protections, gun regulations and better jobs. But who can beat the most corrupt president in our country's history?
Polls out today again show me beating Trump by eight points nationwide and most importantly. I beat him by eight points in all of the critical swing states. Senator Sanders is in a statistical tie in those states! And that's before Trump's smear campaign even starts. That's a gamble we can't take. I've already weathered Trump's lies about me and my family. He's got nothing left to throw at me. I want everyone to really think about that as you step into the voting booth, or line up to caucus. Everything is on the line and I'm the only one that you know can beat Trump and beat him badly.

Will he do this? Probably not. And that saddens me. The media's whole narrative is that he is already out of this race, and you see that then become the public opinion after a while. Someone needs to come out and wake people up about what really matters here. And that person should be him.
Saw Simone Sanders on this morning. I like her a lot. But she was talking about how Biden is going to talk about health care and gun control tonight. Wake the fuck up man. That is just astounding to me. And truly sad to see.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #690
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 PM
i love how bernie having a heart attack and not immediately revealing every detail to the public about it is just like trump it's a cult ohemgee he'll be dead by november, while the reveal over the last few days of bloomberg having had attitudes adjacent to "grab her by the pussy" for decades has been casually handwaved away or just ignored outright here.

literally two people besides me have mentioned it and one was "well he's not doing anything anti-trans on day one" and the other was "surprise surprise a a CEO treats his employees like shit, trump supporters can't talk about morality anymore".

think of the response here if it came out that sanders has spent decades making sexist comments about women like this, or a tape was revealed where he openly talked about black neighbourhoods being "where all the crime is". this place would crucify him relentlessly for a week.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #691
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
By constantly attacking any request or criticism as FAKE NEWS

Except for Bernie it’s

RIGGED
ESTABLISHMENT
SMEAR CAMPAIGN
THIS IS LIKE BIRTHIRISM

He cannot handle being challenged. Neither can Trump.

He also said he was going to release his medical information.

Now he’s saying he isn’t going to. Why?

He’s lucky to have congress health coverage (plus Medicare) cause no insurance company would cover him for being such a high risk.

I’ll vote for him but i do not like him, his campaign at all.

And don’t think Trump won’t leak any confidential Bernie info in the run up to the election.

We’ll never see Trumps taxes, but you can bet we’ll see all of Bernie’s.

Hope he’s got nothing to hide

And if he’s the nominee, this is how he’s going to have to deal with Trump and it might be the most effective way to do so. Only Bernie can out Trump Trump.

If that’s what it will take to win, then that’s what he should do.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #692
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i love how bernie having a heart attack and not immediately revealing every detail to the public about it is just like trump it's a cult ohemgee he'll be dead by november, while the reveal over the last few days of bloomberg having had attitudes adjacent to "grab her by the pussy" for decades has been casually handwaved away or just ignored outright here.

literally two people besides me have mentioned it and one was "well he's not doing anything anti-trans on day one" and the other was "surprise surprise a a CEO treats his employees like shit, trump supporters can't talk about morality anymore".

think of the response here if it came out that sanders has spent decades making sexist comments about women like this, or a tape was revealed where he openly talked about black neighbourhoods being "where all the crime is". this place would crucify him relentlessly for a week.

That’s not at all accurate and quite frankly, overdramatic. When the Wisconsin primary comes up, as a voter, I’d like to at least have enough info at my disposal to know the risk level of Bernie having a major heart attack while in office. And if the answer from him is “nah, you have all the info you need”, I can’t help but be suspicious. And that counts for all candidates.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #693
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
And if he’s the nominee, this is how he’s going to have to deal with Trump and it might be the most effective way to do so. Only Bernie can out Trump Trump.

If that’s what it will take to win, then that’s what he should do.
Yeah, this doesn't really bother me. Sure it's a bit hypocritical. But I think it's one of the bigger strengths Bernie has going up against Trump. Like I've said before. He plays a lot of the same games as Trump does. So it could work to his advantage.

I think what's starting to worry me about Bloomberg is that he has some things like Trump in the bad ways. How is it possible now for Bloomberg to make any hits on Trump when it comes to sexual harrassment, or racism, or LGBTQ? It's definitely a concern.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #694
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
That’s not at all accurate and quite frankly, overdramatic. When the Wisconsin primary comes up, as a voter, I’d like to at least have enough info at my disposal to know the risk level of Bernie having a major heart attack while in office. And if the answer from him is “nah, you have all the info you need”, I can’t help but be suspicious. And that counts for all candidates.

your one vote is like literally worth 10,000 votes.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #695
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I think what's starting to worry me about Bloomberg is that he has some things like Trump in the bad ways. How is it possible now for Bloomberg to make any hits on Trump when it comes to sexual harrassment, or racism, or LGBTQ? It's definitely a concern.

over the past 3 days, i've seen my leftists friends whip themselves up into a frenzy and convince themselves that Bloomberg is an inhuman monster and would be worse than Trump.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #696
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Yeah, this doesn't really bother me. Sure it's a bit hypocritical. But I think it's one of the bigger strengths Bernie has going up against Trump. Like I've said before. He plays a lot of the same games as Trump does. So it could work to his advantage.

Yeah I think tonight is going to be crucial for him. Everyone has a past. Everyone has made comments that they’d like back and supported questionable legislation. He’s an exciting candidate because he’s really committed to taking it to Trump whether he’s the nominee or not. For more centered folks like me, he’s an attractive option. But obviously, if things were to come out about him that would prove that he’s he’s a horrible person Lomé Trump, then he’s out for me.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #697
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
your one vote is like literally worth 10,000 votes.

Yeah my state blew it last time. Hoping the rapid loss in farms will shape the 2020 vote.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #698
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
'I like theater, dining and chasing women': Mike Bloomberg in his own words
He’s defended stop-and-frisk and made offensive remarks about minorities. What else has the 2020 contender said?

Adam Gabbatt
@adamgabbatt
Wed 19 Feb 2020 08.00 GMT
Last modified on Wed 19 Feb 2020 15.03 GMT

Mike Bloomberg with Donald Trump and Jared Kushner at the New York Observer’s 25th anniversary in 2013. Photograph: Paul Bruinooge/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images

As Mike Bloomberg continues to surge in the race for the Democratic nomination, his past comments are increasingly coming back to haunt him.

From his defense of stop-and-frisk policing, to archaic, offensive statements about women, the former New York City mayor’s own words often serve to puncture the idea of him as the anti-Trump billionaire and have handed plenty of ammunition to his 2020 opponents.

Bloomberg’s rivals are likely to remind him – and those watching at home – of his past beliefs at the Democratic debate tonight.

Here are some that might get a mention:

“Ninety-five per cent of your murders – murderers and murder victims – fit one MO […] You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city.”

Bloomberg was speaking at the Aspen Institute in 2015 when he offered this defense of stop-and-frisk, a policing practice he expanded as mayor which disproportionately affected black people.

“We put all the cops in minority neighborhoods. Yes. That’s true. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is.”

This is from the same Bloomberg speech. He continued: “The way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the wall and frisk them.”

“I think we disproportionately stop whites too much and minorities too little. It’s exactly the reverse of what they say.”

That was Bloomberg speaking on his weekly radio show in 2013. The then mayor was responding to criticism of stop-and-frisk – a year earlier 87% of all people stopped and frisked were African Americans or Latino. Under Bloomberg the number of stops increased from 97,276 in 2002 to a high of 685,724 in 2011.

“There’s this enormous cohort of black and Latino males, age, let’s say, 16 to 25, that don’t have jobs, don’t have any prospects, don’t know how to find jobs, don’t know what their skillsets are, don’t know how to behave in the workplace where they have to work collaboratively and collectively.”

Bloomberg on job prospects for minorities in 2011.

“Class warfare and racist.”

This was Bloomberg’s assessment of Bill de Blasio’s campaign for mayor in 2013. “He’s making an appeal using his family to gain support,” Bloomberg said of De Blasio, whose wife and children are African American. “I think it’s pretty obvious to anyone watching what he’s been doing. I do not think he himself is racist. It’s comparable to me pointing out I’m Jewish in attracting the Jewish vote.”

“Kill it!”

Bloomberg’s reaction on learning an employee was pregnant, according to a 1997 sexual harassment lawsuit. The lawsuit alleged Bloomberg had made a series of sexist comments to female employees.

“If your conversation during a presidential election is about some guy wearing a dress and whether he, she, or it can go to the locker room with their daughter, that’s not a winning formula for most people.”

Bloomberg on transgender rights in 2019.

“They would make it harder and more costly for businesses to stay, harder and more costly for businesses to stay, and harder and more costly for businesses to thrive.”

That’s Bloomberg stating his opposition to a minimum wage in 2012, when New York city council hoped to introduce the measure.

“I, for example, am not in favor, have never been in favor, of raising the minimum wage.”

Bloomberg reiterated his distaste for the measure in 2015.

“As president, Mike will raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour to ensure that all employees are fairly compensated for the time they spend working.”

That’s according to a press release from Bloomberg released on Sunday.

“Congress got involved – local elected officials, as well – and said: ‘Oh that’s not fair, these people should be able to get credit.’ […] And once you started pushing in that direction, banks started making more and more loans where the credit of the person buying the house wasn’t as good as you would like.”

In 2008 Bloomberg claimed the end of “redlining” – a practice where banks would refuse to lend to people in certain neighborhoods – was a key factor in the 2008 financial crisis. The redlined neighborhoods were frequently made up of African American people, disproportionately preventing them from owning homes. Although the practice was technically made illegal in 1968, people of color are still more likely to be denied a mortgage than white people. Experts say African Americans and Latinos were deliberately sold predatory loans in the lead up to the 2008 crash.

“The royal family – what a bunch of misfits – a gay, an architect, that horsey-faced lesbian, and a kid who gave up Koo Stark for some fat broad.”

This is from The Portable Bloomberg, a book made by employees to celebrate Bloomberg’s 48th birthday in 1990. “Yes, these are all actual quotes,” wrote Elisabeth DeMarse, Bloomberg LP’s former chief marketing officer and the book’s publisher.

Bloomberg’s campaign has disputed, sort of, some of the quotes. “Mike simply did not say the things somebody wrote in this gag gift,” a campaign spokesman told the Washington Post. The spokesman added, however: “Mike openly admits that his words have not always aligned with his values and the way he has led his life and some of what he has said is disrespectful and wrong.”

“I could teach anybody – even people in this room, no offense intended – to be a farmer. It’s a [process]. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn.”

Bloomberg on agriculture, back in 2016. He was comparing farming to information technology, which he said is: “Fundamentally different because it’s built around replacing people with technology, and the skill sets that you have to learn are how to think and analyze.”

“Whenever my wife catches me eyeing some broad, she’s very careful to turn to me and say: ‘That’s the most expensive piece of ass in the world!’”

From The Portable Bloomberg.

“I know for a fact that any self-respecting woman who walks past a construction site [and] doesn’t get a whistle will turn around and walk past again and again until she does get one.”

The Portable Bloomberg again.

“I like theater, dining and chasing women. Let me put it this way: I am a single, straight billionaire in Manhattan. What do you think? It’s a wet dream.”

Bloomberg offered this insight in an interview with the Guardian in 1996.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cratic-primary
Old 02-19-2020, 11:51 AM   #699
Blue Crack Addict

For Bernie's campaign to come out on debate night and claim that Blooomberg had multiple heart attacks (when he hasn't had a single one) is a terrible look. And not instead of the news being focused on a billionaire spending hundreds of millions on ads to buy his way into 2nd place, it's back on the state of Bernie's heart. Just idiotic.

I know we discuss serious business mostly, but can somebody help a gal out and identify the misfits??

Quote:
“The royal family – what a bunch of misfits – a gay, an architect, that horsey-faced lesbian, and a kid who gave up Koo Stark for some fat broad.”
Old 02-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #700
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
over the past 3 days, i've seen my leftists friends whip themselves up into a frenzy and convince themselves that Bloomberg is an inhuman monster and would be worse than Trump.
Oh I'm sure. I in no way say he's worse. No, no. But pretty much ceding that sort of moral ground to Trump, when let's face it. His lack of morality is something that I think has been a key in turning the suburbs blue.