US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #581
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:24 PM
reposting this since it's pretty damn important and seems to have been either lost in the shuffle or ignored over the weekend:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...019-3/fulltext

Improving the prognosis of health care in the USA
Prof. Alison P Galvani PhD, Alyssa S Parpia MPH, Eric M Foster, Burton H Singer PhD, Meagan C Fitzpatrick, PhD
Published: February 15, 2020

Summary

Although health care expenditure per capita is higher in the USA than in any other country, more than 37 million Americans do not have health insurance, and 41 million more have inadequate access to care. Efforts are ongoing to repeal the Affordable Care Act which would exacerbate health-care inequities. By contrast, a universal system, such as that proposed in the Medicare for All Act, has the potential to transform the availability and efficiency of American health-care services. Taking into account both the costs of coverage expansion and the savings that would be achieved through the Medicare for All Act, we calculate that a single-payer, universal health-care system is likely to lead to a 13% savings in national health-care expenditure, equivalent to more than US$450 billion annually (based on the value of the US$ in 2017). The entire system could be funded with less financial outlay than is incurred by employers and households paying for health-care premiums combined with existing government allocations. This shift to single-payer health care would provide the greatest relief to lower-income households. Furthermore, we estimate that ensuring health-care access for all Americans would save more than 68 000 lives and 1·73 million life-years every year compared with the status quo.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #582
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:24 PM
US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads

Like others in here, I’ve had a freak, near fatal, potentially crippling accident they landed me in the ICU for almost a week. I had private insurance I purchased on my own with premiums I watched increase every year. I had real bills, but they were payable. I have never had cause to complain about my health insurance, but don’t for a second think I’ve been lucky in life and haven’t had bad things happen. I have.

Insurance has problems, but what I object to is the idea that the only way to get single payer insurance is to nominate a candidate who runs on single payer insurance. Thinking that a maximalist approach is the best way to yield maximalist results is just flat earth thinking, and could likely inspire a backlash that results in getting nothing, or something even worse. The stridency comes off as little more than a moral flex, and assumes the worst of people who may share the same goals but disagree on tactics.

Old 02-17-2020, 07:37 PM   #583
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post

If Warren is the nominee, I will very likely vote for her.
The fact that you're not at 100% for Warren vs Donald Trump is frankly, appalling.

He is basically half brain-dead and degenerating at an exponential rate before our eyes, while continuing to be propped up by a criminal cabal.

If his is how even a fraction of the 30% who support Bernie will behave, then the whole world is fucked, honestly.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #584
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The fact that you're not at 100% for Warren vs Donald Trump is frankly, appalling.

He is basically half brain-dead and degenerating at an exponential rate before our eyes, while continuing to be propped up by a criminal cabal.

If his is how even a fraction of the 30% who support Bernie will behave, then the whole world is fucked, honestly.

THIS

It can’t be repeated enough.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #585
Refugee

Quote:

Which state do you vote in ?
Old 02-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #586
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:

Incidentally, John Oliver did an entire segment on Medicare for All last night. I'm fully on board with full on single-payer, myself-I've told my story in here a few times about all the hell my family went through in the pre-Obamacare era, and at this point, if we need to do a major overhaul to get that to happen, I say go for it if we can.

But I will vote for any Democrat that gets the nomination, because whether they want to go full throttle with single-payer or take more incremental steps to get there, at the end of the day, I know that either way at least that's an issue they're talking about and concerned about, and still do give a damn about, at the very least, trying to make sure that people like me and my family won't go through that kind of hell again. Unlike the GOP, who's made their stance on sick people abundantly clear, and who continues to have absolutely zero plans regarding healthcare other than "don't get sick or poor". The choice could not be any clearer at this point. It really couldn't.

On a different topic for a moment, so this happened:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-j...220244852.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON – A national association of federal judges has called an emergency meeting Tuesday to address growing concerns about the intervention of Justice Department officials and President Donald Trump in politically sensitive cases, the group’s president said Monday.

Philadelphia U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, who heads the independent Federal Judges Association, said the group “could not wait” until its spring conference to weigh in on a deepening crisis that has enveloped the Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr.

“There are plenty of issues that we are concerned about,” Rufe told USA TODAY. “We’ll talk all of this through.”

Rufe, nominated to the bench by President George W. Bush, said the group of more than 1,000 federal jurists called for the meeting last week after Trump criticized prosecutors' initial sentencing recommendation for his friend Roger Stone and the Department of Justice overruled them.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #587
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Which state do you vote in ?
How is that relevant to my comment that the whole world is fucked?

It's been a number of years since I've lived in the US (in an evil, blue state, obv).
Old 02-17-2020, 08:35 PM   #588
Blue Crack Addict

Nevada poll with full breakdowns...

Doesn’t look good for Biden. Also, Sanders doesn’t appear to be having any issues with women or minorities, just with other old people.

http://filesforprogress.org/datasets..._2_17_2020.pdf
Old 02-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #589
Blue Crack Addict

Bloomberg Smash

https://twitter.com/johnvmoore/statu...704520192?s=21Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	12407Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	12406
Old 02-17-2020, 08:47 PM   #590
Blue Crack Addict

That was an incredibly incoherent and stupid attempt at tying the Sanders campaign to the Trump campaign.

Much like “Sanders is a sexist!!!,” you seem like you’ll believe what you want to believe, no matter how abused. The irony is that you’re equating Sanders supporters to Trump supporters, yet you’re doing what a Trump supporter does.

Donald Trump’s campaign is clearly pushing Sanders for the nomination because he is afraid of Biden and Bloomberg. There is no fucking relationship between the Trump campaign and the Sanders campaign.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:48 PM   #591
Blue Crack Addict

wow leftists called one of the top-10 richest people on earth who is currently attempting to purchase the office of head of state of the most powerful nation in the world "an oligarch".

how dare they say such objectively truthful things.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:48 PM   #592
Blue Crack Addict

Dave C smash!
Old 02-17-2020, 08:51 PM   #593
Blue Crack Addict

It’s okay don’t respond, just do a mic drop over your failed punchline.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:53 PM   #594
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Nevada poll with full breakdowns...

Doesn’t look good for Biden. A[/url]
And still plenty of time for him to fall below Klobuchar and Steyer.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #595
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
It’s okay don’t respond, just do a mic drop over your failed punchline.

Not sure if you’re talking to me? Or where the punchline was. I just posted a press release and then made fun of Dave C, our forum’s very own Rudy Giuliani defender.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:59 PM   #596
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Dave C, our forum’s very own Rudy Giuliani defender.
if you're going to just make shit up about me i think you can probably do better than that.

then again, you really struggled at poopy-baby "no u" comebacks yesterday so maybe not.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:00 PM   #597
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
if you're going to just make shit up about me i think you can probably do better than that.

What are your views on Lev Parnas? Do you find the whole thing really sad?
Old 02-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #598
Blue Crack Addict

i can't imagine what you think you're accomplishing here with this smarmy act.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:05 PM   #599
Blue Crack Addict

US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads

Quote:
i can't imagine what you think you're accomplishing here with this smarmy act.

Wait. I thought it was poopy baby.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:18 PM   #600
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:24 PM
Quote:

And sadly, these same people don't realize that we have Trump, at least in part, because of them.
Thank you. The fact that anyone can't learn their lesson after having three and half years of Trump, is truly lost. And a cult follower at best.