US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #541
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:46 AM
Once again, unbelievable luck for Trump that these things are coming out about Bloomberg. Btw when were the Access Hollywood tape comments "fully litigated"? I don't remember that.

I haven't read the Post article, but from what I've heard about it it sounds like Bloomberg is another guy who just couldn't see women as professional equals worthy of respect. Very depressing in 2020.

Politico.com

Kellyanne Conway: Bloomberg’s sexist comments ‘far worse’ than Trump’s
She was responding to a Washington Post report on Bloomberg.

By EVAN SEMONES

02/16/2020 10:16 AM EST

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway on Sunday slammed sexist remarks Mike Bloomberg reportedly made to women who worked for him, saying they are “far worse” than what President Donald Trump said on the infamous “Access Hollywood“ tape.

The Washington Post reported on Saturday that a booklet was given to the Democratic presidential candidate in 1990 that contained a collection of sexist remarks he made during his time at the company he founded. The Post article discussed his history of problematic remarks and behavior to women.

Conway told host Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday” that Bloomberg’s comments are “fair game,” even though Trump has faced similar allegations of misogynistic remarks.

“That was fully litigated,” Conway said about profane remarks Trump admitted to making about women in a 2005 “Access Hollywood“ tape that was leaked shortly before the 2016 election. “We want to know the person behind the half a billion dollars worth of ads.”

Bloomberg, having experienced a rise in national polls, is now facing heightened scrutiny over his political and personal history. He has denied many of the allegations made against him, but Conway predicted they would become a greater issue for the three-term New York mayor.

“The way Michael Bloomberg treated female employees … to have created that kind of culture, that unsafe workplace, to feel that you're being harassed because of your gender, that is problematic,” Conway said. “I think you're going to hear more of it.”

Old 02-16-2020, 04:06 PM   #542
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:46 AM
I'm all for calling out any comments of that sort from people like Bloomberg, because, yeah, I don't want a Democrat saying shitty stuff like that, either.

That being said, Conway and any and all Trump supporters need to shut the hell up in regards to this topic. They have absolutely zero room to get on any kind of moral high horse about anything.

Old 02-16-2020, 04:09 PM   #543
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
I love it, “the President, not so much”.....then what have you handful of keyboard warriors been prattling on about for four years, and hundreds of useless pages on an Internet forum? To think of the amount of hours wasted.
Yeah, cause if president Sanders is in the Oval Office and McConnell is still leader of the Senate, he's suddenly going to push through all those hundreds of Democratic bills that have been sitting on his desk for 2 years, and of course will hop right on Medicare for All, free college, student loan forgiveness, gun reform, wealth tax....

You're a genius.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #544
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I'm all for calling out any comments of that sort from people like Bloomberg, because, yeah, I don't want a Democrat saying shitty stuff like that, either.

That being said, Conway and any and all Trump supporters need to shut the hell up in regards to this topic. They have absolutely zero room to get on any kind of moral high horse about anything.
Oh the anti-Bloomberg train is running full steam on all media. MSNBC leading the pack. They actually had a guy on yesterday that said. "Listen, Bloomberg and stop and frisk is a problem, because who knows if he becomes president if he will make that a nationwide policy."

Jesus fucking christ.

Funny how with Trump, the "liberal" media just sort of plays off his daily scandals and abuses of power with comments like, well he's not your typical politician. This is "unprecedented"
But if the Democrats have a not typical candidate... Uh OH! Stop and Frisk is the new Hillary's emails.
Every time we shoot ourselves, not just in the foot, but in the face.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #545
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
But if the Democrats have a not typical candidate... Uh OH! Stop and Frisk is the new Hillary's emails.
Every time we shoot ourselves, not just in the foot, but in the face.
hillary's emails was a tiny nothing blown up into a giant ball of literal fake news in order to whip up the fury of a crowd of idiots.

real people were discriminated against and lives were lost and families destroyed forever because of stop and frisk.

those two things are not at all equivalent.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:35 PM   #546
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
hillary's emails was a tiny nothing blown up into a giant ball of literal fake news in order to whip up the fury of a crowd of idiots.

real people were discriminated against and lives were lost and families destroyed forever because of stop and frisk.

those two things are not at all equivalent.
I'm not saying they are equal. I'm saying that this was something that was known. Not a secret, that he came out and apologized for and said directly that he didn't realize the consequences of it for people and families of color. He should have put a stop to it and he didn't and that was a failure on his part. Ok. It is a part of his record.

But I'm making the equivalency to the coverage. Like Clinton's emails, there could be no story about her at any time, with them making the emails part of it.
Today Trump had 5 more women accuse him of sexual assault, released stolen emails hacked from the DNC, sat down and farted on an American flag.
But boy, Hillary and those emails, am I right?

Seriously, a week of coverage now about something that was already known about and has been addressed and has no way for him to change history on. That's what I'm talking about.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #547
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I love it, “the President, not so much”.....then what have you handful of keyboard warriors been prattling on about for four years, and hundreds of useless pages on an Internet forum? To think of the amount of hours wasted.
Sounds pathetic.

Now imagine this... A guy who is so pathetic that he hangs around the same forums just to troll people. That's like twice as pathetic, by your chosen metrics.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #548
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I'm not saying they are equal. I'm saying that this was something that was known. Not a secret, that he came out and apologized for and said directly that he didn't realize the consequences of it for people and families of color. He should have put a stop to it and he didn't and that was a failure on his part. Ok. It is a part of his record.

But I'm making the equivalency to the coverage. Like Clinton's emails, there could be no story about her at any time, with them making the emails part of it.
Today Trump had 5 more women accuse him of sexual assault, released stolen emails hacked from the DNC, sat down and farted on an American flag.
But boy, Hillary and those emails, am I right?

Seriously, a week of coverage now about something that was already known about and has been addressed and has no way for him to change history on. That's what I'm talking about.
i can assure you that the majority of the nation doesn't know what stop and frisk was or the effects it had. they might have heard the term before but it needs to be discussed on a national level if he's going to be a national candidate.

just because you feel it's "been addressed" (whatever that means) and he apologized, that everyone should just leave it in the past like it was just a simple mistake in judgement. nobody died or was unfairly thrown in prison for hillary's emails. there are a lot of people out there who can't just "move on".
Old 02-16-2020, 05:13 PM   #549
Blue Crack Distributor

Kinda like the crime bill
Old 02-16-2020, 05:16 PM   #550
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
voting for sanders is immoral.

now there's a hell of a take.

Will Sanders help flip Senate seats in AZ and NC?

You realize that President Sanders will pass next to nothing if McConnell is stillSenate Majority leader in 10 months.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #551
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Sounds pathetic.

Now imagine this... A guy who is so pathetic that he hangs around the same forums just to troll people. That's like twice as pathetic, by your chosen metrics.
Sorry to hurt your feelings. To you and your other warriors, someone is a troll if they disagree with you or call out your consistent hypocrisy and desperate attempts at liberal street cred from a group of stereotypical rich, white liberal elites
Old 02-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #552
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Do you hear that guys? We’re all rich!!
Old 02-16-2020, 06:25 PM   #553
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Sorry to hurt your feelings. To you and your other warriors, someone is a troll if they disagree with you or call out your consistent hypocrisy and desperate attempts at liberal street cred from a group of stereotypical rich, white liberal elites
It was more about the hours wasted than any actual political leaning you ignoramus
Old 02-16-2020, 06:25 PM   #554
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Will Sanders help flip Senate seats in AZ and NC?

You realize that President Sanders will pass next to nothing if McConnell is stillSenate Majority leader in 10 months.
and how exactly does this make casting a vote for sanders an immoral act?

you can disagree with bernie all you want but framing a vote for bloomberg as some kind of moral imperative is insulting. bernie sanders is not some malevolent force that must be stopped for the good of us all.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #555
Blue Crack Distributor

Neither is Mike Bloomberg
Old 02-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #556
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Do you hear that guys? We’re all rich!!
A group of doesn’t mean ALL. A simple reread would have determined that.

Nice deflection from topic though.

This has become nothing but a liberal support group, goodness gracious
Old 02-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #557
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Neither is Mike Bloomberg
good, so we agree that framing a vote for anyone as "the moral thing to do" in this primary is stupid.

let's get to the general election (when it's plainly obvious what the moral thing to do is) before we start making proclamations like that.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:33 PM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This has become nothing but a liberal support group, goodness gracious
feel free to fuck off forever anytime if this place is so horrible.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
feel free to fuck off forever anytime if this place is so horrible.

You sound like a teenager!!!1
Old 02-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #560
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
good, so we agree that framing a vote for anyone as "the moral thing to do" in this primary is stupid.

let's get to the general election (when it's plainly obvious what the moral thing to do is) before we start making proclamations like that.
I do agree. Frankly morality has been tossed around way too much in here by both sides of the liberal divide. The only immoral candidate for president is named Donald John Trump and any attempt to frame ANY of the Democratic candidates as immoral or "the same" is an absolute joke and only goes to harm the left.