US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2020, 03:19 AM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
You didn’t get it the first time, and you responded with a largely frustrating post that really just wasn’t worth responding to.

You’re focused on some uneducated twitter following as though it’s some legitimate criticism of Bernie Sanders candidacy, when it’s not. You’re consuming it as it is presented to you, allowing the Bernie Bro narrative to further your contempt for his candidacy.

It’s so entirely irrelevant and doesn’t embody the entirety of Sanders’ supporters or voters. It also doesn’t mean that followers of other campaigns don’t have their own idiots, as you’ve strangely suggested isn’t true. Bernie Sanders has a following on the internet, who are largely active on Twitter. You can literally go read any candidate’s twitter feed comments section and you’ll find dumbasses left and right. Bernie appeals to more mindless people on the internet. Great. I’m not seeing why it matters, unless he’s preaching something negative. Which he isn’t. So... your point of routinely bringing it up? Sounds to me like you’re fishing for this.

I reckon there's a good 50% of people in this thread who are completely and utterly addicted to concern trolling the left. Plus there's mikal who's recently decided to pipe up with the daily 'URGH HUR HUR that's why BERNIE is the worst!!!' which had become tedious after the first time he posted it.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:49 AM   #222
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Read your history from actual sources, the parties never "switched platforms". Look up the "Southern Strategy" from somewhere other than Snopes. It's the SAME party, the SAME people.

That's why it's Hillary saying "they look alike", Biden saying "poor kids and white kids", Warren admitting that Democrats "only care about the black community at election time", not to mention all the blackface on Dems, THE PARTIES NEVER SWITCHED PLATFORMS. That's your liberal indoctrination speaking.

Scary....

So you didn’t realize Clinton was making fun of the old trope “they look alike”?

This is what happens when you get your news from Facebook memes.

And if the parties never “switched platforms” why were the Unite the Right, actual self identified neo nazis, wearing red hats? Have they just not gotten around to watching Dinesh D’Souza’s movie yet? Were they just confused about what attracted them to the right?

Old 02-10-2020, 06:51 AM   #223
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I reckon there's a good 50% of people in this thread who are completely and utterly addicted to concern trolling the left. Plus there's mikal who's recently decided to pipe up with the daily 'URGH HUR HUR that's why BERNIE is the worst!!!' which had become tedious after the first time he posted it.
Yea. That's what's tedious.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:52 AM   #224
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/Mike2020/status/...728585728?s=19
Old 02-10-2020, 07:16 AM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

He’s just killing it.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:20 AM   #226
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
He’s just killing it.
Man stop being a so tedious
Old 02-10-2020, 09:03 AM   #227
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Man stop being a so tedious

Old 02-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #228
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...539238408?s=19

Chase is on the case!
Old 02-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #229
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:40 PM
He looks like his bladder is about to explode
Old 02-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

All that flying must be really tedious.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:56 AM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It’s a lot of very cold white people. They can do anything.

I resemble that remark!
Old 02-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:40 PM
My hot take on how these cold whites will vote: Klobuchar takes second, right on Bernie’s heels.

As a former new Englander, her sensible shoes and practicality is going to go a long way with these non-excitable, calm folks.

(Excluding the maniacs going to tonight’s Trump Brownshirt rally)
Old 02-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #233
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
He’s just killing it.
He can do this precisely BECAUSE he is running.

Otherwise he'd be constrained with respect to spending and a PAC would look sketchy.

What he's doing is literally the most expensive trolling in the history of mankind. The man has unlimited funds, may he keep doing this day in and day out.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I resemble that remark!

I think many of us may here.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:09 PM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

Amy K coming in third would kind of throw everything in ever more disarray.

First, because based on that latest poll, she's siphoning votes from Mayor Pete. He already has a massive problem heading forward to the non-lily-white states. Second, because it pushes Warren into 4th or 5th which is just one step closer to being out. Fourth, because if you're Joe Biden you're now looking at three possible alternatives - Klobuchar, Buttigieg and Bloomberg that people seem to like better than you and with the exception of Klobuchar, all are better funded than he is.

Bernie will be the main benefactor of the centrists splitting their votes 3 or 4 ways.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #236
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

After we see the results come in tomorrow from NH, just like a nice normal election day. It will be funny how the media's obsession with the "CHAOS OF IOWA!!!!" "DEMOCRATS IN DISARAY!!!!" Is totally forgotten and moved past.
But it's always the crooked liberal media that Trump so hates that seems to have to blow up tiny things from Democrats into huge, days long disasters, and Trump's actual democracy shredding actions are just sort of accepted. "He's resilient," "not your typical president"... blah blah
Old 02-10-2020, 01:23 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Biden really should have saved that lying dog faced pony soldier thing for Trump.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #238
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
My hot take on how these cold whites will vote: Klobuchar takes second, right on Bernie’s heels.

As a former new Englander, her sensible shoes and practicality is going to go a long way with these non-excitable, calm folks.

(Excluding the maniacs going to tonight’s Trump Brownshirt rally)

Right on the mark, as I plan on voting for her.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Amy K coming in third would kind of throw everything in ever more disarray.

First, because based on that latest poll, she's siphoning votes from Mayor Pete. He already has a massive problem heading forward to the non-lily-white states. Second, because it pushes Warren into 4th or 5th which is just one step closer to being out. Fourth, because if you're Joe Biden you're now looking at three possible alternatives - Klobuchar, Buttigieg and Bloomberg that people seem to like better than you and with the exception of Klobuchar, all are better funded than he is.

Bernie will be the main benefactor of the centrists splitting their votes 3 or 4 ways.
So spot on. NH will be a disaster for regular liberal/moderate Dems. And the funny thing is, it will be because NH will vote for so many regular liberal/moderate Dems.
If you look at the latest polls it will be a near 60/40 split, moderate/progressive.
Yet Sanders is the beneficiary.

I don't even care at this point if they kept the first 4 states the same. Just mix them up and don't put the first two lily-white states first.

I think the only saving grace of having it split up like this among 5 still viable choices, is that it does actually force NV and SC to be more important this year. And people are actually waiting to see what those states do, instead of those states getting a narrowed down pack of 2 or 3 candidates.

So if we look at the polls now, you could have in the end after the first 4

Sanders - 1 first place finish (NH), Possible first or second in NV, second place in Iowa and probably 3rd in SC. Avg. 1.75

Warren - One third place in Iowa, possible 4th or 5th in NH, 4th or 5th in SC, possible 3rd or 4th in NV - Avg 4.0

Pete - One first place in IA, one second in NH, most likely 5th in SC and NH - Avg. 3.25

Biden - Fourth in IA, probably 4th in NH, first, but probably second in NV, first in SC
AAvg. - 2.75

Amy - Fifth in Iowa, we'll give her third in NH, and 6th in NV and SC - Avg. 5.0

That would put the averages at

Sanders
Biden
Pete
Warren
Amy

Then, we have to remember that this is all about delegates!
Iowa has - 41
NH - 24
NV - 36
SC - 54

If it shakes out around what I laid out, Biden and Sanders could be incredibly close in delegate count, with the others trailing far behind.

Now, I'm going to go back to watching NH coverage where every other story is about how Biden is completely out of this thing.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:41 PM   #240
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Right on the mark, as I plan on voting for her.

I’d probably do the same.