US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #961
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
you guys know the red states are the ones with all the nuclear missile silos, right?
Fuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Except all the scientists who develop, maintain, and operate them (as well as possessing many of them from time to time) are in California and New Mexico.

And then gazillions are in Europe and Asia.

Not so sure it’s dat simple D
Yesssss

Old 07-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #962
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/Strandjunker/sta...971949569?s=19

Old 07-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #963
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Amid a pay war within his own 2020 presidential campaign, Bernie Sanders will limit the amount of time his organizers can work to guarantee that no one is making less than $15 per hour — a wage the senator has demanded should be the federal minimum.

On Thursday evening, The Washington Post reported that some members of Sanders' campaign have been lobbying to raise their wages. Field organizers say they make a salary of $36,000 annually but work 60 hours per week, which is an average of $13 per hour.

Unionized workers planned to send a letter to campaign manager Faiz Shakir which read that "many field staffers are barely managing to survive financially, which is severely impacting our team's productivity and morale." Some employees, they said, had even left the campaign as a result of the low pay.
Oh dear.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:33 PM   #964
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:23 AM
Perhaps a stunt by his campaign ...
Old 07-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #965
Blue Crack Addict

so, worst case scenario, he owes some of his staff some back overtime pay. scandalous.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #966
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
We're so fucked.

Just break this shit hole up into little pieces.
Ok deal, but when California and New York continue down the toilet and are bankrupt due to “woke” liberal policies, no begging for money from Indiana!!
Old 07-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #967
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Ok deal, but when California and New York continue down the toilet and are bankrupt due to “woke” liberal policies, no begging for money from Indiana!!

This is not how it works friend
Old 07-21-2019, 05:02 PM   #968
Blue Crack Addict

Also lol at thinking Indiana has enough money to ever bail California out if that was ever a situation
Old 07-21-2019, 05:30 PM   #969
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
so, worst case scenario, he owes some of his staff some back overtime pay. scandalous.
At the same time, it also appears to be a bit hypocritical. The old "do as I say, not as I do" situation. Bernie has always been vocal about the $15/h minimum wage, but he doesn't seem to be paying his campaign workers that much. It does not make him more believable.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #970
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey Moonlit-- r you hit by the heat or are you north west enough to escape it?
Tonight will it be over!
Old 07-21-2019, 06:45 PM   #971
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Hey Moonlit-- r you hit by the heat or are you north west enough to escape it?
Tonight will it be over!
No, we definitely got affected by it here. Friday in particular was utterly miserable temperature-wise, so I just stayed indoors and kept hydrated and cranked the air conditioning and all that good stuff.

The heat wave ended for us here yesterday, thankfully, and it's supposed to be much more comfortable these next few days, so I'm gonna enjoy that, for sure . Hope the same can be said for your area soon, too.

Quote:
Oh, please, can he? He'd never willingly resign, no, but if there's anything out there that can force him to make that choice, and make it as soon as humanly possible at that, I'd be all for it.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #972
Blue Crack Supplier

JD
Im sure not going back to research- but to characterize Pelosi's career in such a general sweeping statement of hemming and hawing seems excessive..

NP and the squad have to try and understand each others POVs better. Their is a certain hierarchy and way of doing things as you step up in your activities as freshmen members. They have to understand that.
AAt the same time abnormal times such as our own with drumph & Co call for bending and breaking rules and precedents sometimes. Which i think the squad has a right, and impelled to do. I don't have to totally agree with them (though i probably do waaaay more than not) to really like them. I think NP has to understand that.

I do fear for their safety. As i do/did for Obama and Hillary. I put in the present tense because they are violent racist and sexist people who still could (the probabilities are way lessened since they are not in power) who could work themselves up into a larher and intend harm etc.

And BTW you didn't reply to my comments (maybe you missed them) - since you were talking about your Palestinian friends some months back - regarding liberal, progressive Jews (American and Israeli) working with the Palestinians to get better outcomes for them; stopping Israel's army from excessive force resulting in deadlier, or injuries period, or death, plus stopping more settlements, a fair 2 State soulution, etc.

But they still get drowned out by right-wing Jews! Hence J Streets formation.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #973
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

No, we definitely got affected by it here. Friday in particular was utterly miserable temperature-wise, so I just stayed indoors and kept hydrated and cranked the air conditioning and all that good stuff.

The heat wave ended for us here yesterday, thankfully, and it's supposed to be much more comfortable these next few days, so I'm gonna enjoy that, for sure . Hope the same can be said for your area soon, too.
Ouch sorry to hear that but glad it's going away. Rainy but cooler tomorrow! Weds and thurs are supposed to be nice and maybe later afternoon tues! May family who moved to mid-europe decades ago - work reasons, (who visit off & on) arrived here on thurs which was cooler then had to endure these past 3 days, be soon wil! be better. They're not used to this type of rhat, but the younger ones are ok, but my 82 year uncle too hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Oh, please, can he? He'd never willingly resign, no, but if there's anything out there that can force him to make that choice, and make it as soon as humanly possible at that, I'd be all for it.
THIS!!!
Old 07-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #974
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm not a big Bernie fan but this is pretty silly. It's obviously understood that these jobs will involve many long hours.

On paper it would seem like I make a ton per hour, until you realize just how many hours I work in a week. Not an efficient way to make $.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #975
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
How do you even post that with a straight face? I guess it takes having literally zero shame.

https://www.governing.com/week-in-fi...-get-back.html
Old 07-21-2019, 07:17 PM   #976
Blue Crack Supplier

Illinois Repuglican County Chairman's Association pur up then later removed s movie style poster "The Jihad Squad" of the squad.

Screw these xenophobic bastards.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:49 PM   #977
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
At the same time, it also appears to be a bit hypocritical. The old "do as I say, not as I do" situation. Bernie has always been vocal about the $15/h minimum wage, but he doesn't seem to be paying his campaign workers that much. It does not make him more believable.
What that guy said.

You can't be Joe $15 Wage and not be paying your own staff a $15 wage.

I do realize that this would rank somewhere in the millions of our list of scandals were to include everything the Trump administration has done.

If he wasn't so up his own ass about how easy it will be to achieve in one full swoop (narrator: it's not) this wouldn't be as big a deal.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #978
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Deal.

I'd be afraid of some of the tech money leaving NY and California in search of lower wages, but it'll be tough to find qualified workers when you dicks ban all the brown people, so I think they'll stay.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #979
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:23 PM
Quote:
Deal.

I'd be afraid of some of the tech money leaving NY and California in search of lower wages, but it'll be tough to find qualified workers when you dicks ban all the brown people, so I think they'll stay.
“You dicks ban all the brown people”.....do you ever listen to yourself?

Plenty of brown people live in Indiana. Plenty of brown people are successful without liberal policies. Plenty of brown people don’t need the overbearing and bloated “government being daddy” of liberal policy.

We also have a balanced budget and a surplus in the bank.

Maybe you guys should work on that instead of dog whistling about “brown people “ .
Old 07-21-2019, 09:00 PM   #980
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
We also have a balanced budget and a surplus in the bank.
On the list of most federally dependent states.

Indiana - #10
New York - #31
California - #35

Looks like they should be running away from you freeloaders as quickly as their legs will carry them.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/