US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not voting for Joe Biden. Same old white guy forever politician. Even more that that, it angers me that he was so reluctant to admit that his unwanted touching is wrong. So focused on his "intentions" that are completely irrelevant. It's about how the recipient feels. He seems arrogant and out of touch about all of it.

I think he probably still doesn't think it's wrong.

Why is race an issue though?

For me Biden just comes across like that ancient movie with Brendan Fraser where he was a caveman or something that thawed in the 20th century but didn't belong.

Sometimes you see people ahead of their time, and often they are misunderstood and not effective. Biden is behind the times and I don't think that he or his people get that. And the fact that they have a massive Clinton-like machine of mostly stodgy old and establishment powerful backers is off putting in this era (and also reminiscent of the Clinton 2016 fiasco).

qjS5Pqm.jpg

For me Biden just comes across like that ancient movie with Brendan Fraser where he was a caveman or something that thawed in the 20th century but didn't belong.

Sometimes you see people ahead of their time, and often they are misunderstood and not effective. Biden is behind the times and I don't think that he or his people get that. And the fact that they have a massive Clinton-like machine of mostly stodgy old and establishment powerful backers is off putting in this era (and also reminiscent of the Clinton 2016 fiasco).

I agree with you. Trump makes it even more imperative to ditch stodgy old establishment. The only thing that made Biden seem less so was President Obama. Trotting him out as often as possible on the campaign trail isn't going to cut it, and it's just going to give Trump opportunities for attack. Not that he needs that, he's just going to do it anyway.

I guess Joe Biden just sees this as his last shot at the Presidency. Not a reason to run when getting rid of Trump is at stake.

Blah blah blah free speech but HOW. IS. CORPORATE. CONTROLLED. PROPAGANDA. NOT. ILLEGAL.

IMG_8708.JPG

Factually incorrect statements. Two in one headline!

Blah blah blah free speech but HOW. IS. CORPORATE. CONTROLLED. PROPAGANDA. NOT. ILLEGAL.

View attachment 12279

Factually incorrect statements. Two in one headline!

On a similar note, it's depressing that faildaughter Meghan 'did you know my dad is John McCain' McCain actually has a regular spot on TV despite having no discernible talent.

On a similar note, it's depressing that faildaughter Meghan 'did you know my dad is John McCain' McCain actually has a regular spot on TV despite having no discernible talent.

Disagree. Being a female Republican in today’s day and age takes loads of talent.

Lots of flexibility on your self worth.

So Trump is allegedly ordering people not to testify about the obstruction. Obstructing investigation into the obstruction?

You need a chart to keep up with it

So Trump is allegedly ordering people not to testify about the obstruction. Obstructing investigation into the obstruction?

You need a chart to keep up with it

If anyone of us did this we’d be in jail

Both the obstruction and if we refused to testify

For me so far the ones who have the right combo are Mayor Pete and Senators Harris and Booker.

Mayor Pete has the appeal for me as coming across as authentic and natural. Even though he's so smart he never comes across as condescending. And yes I like that his personal life and orientation makes him more empathetic to the struggles of others. His answer to that question last night was touching. I also admire that he served in the military.

I think the way Cory Booker grew up makes him more genuine and empathetic too. I think Senator Harris is very impressive.

Yes unfortunately intangibles really matter. Charisma and likeability matter, even though some elected someone I consider to be the most unlikable non charismatic President of my lifetime.

I really like Pete. Think he's great. But i see a big problem. He may have done well in his small Indiana town, because people had time to get to know him, give him a chance and see how he did.
But what do the Dems need to win this time around? Suburban voters, large minority turnout, midwest/rust belt working class. Pete only checks one of these boxes. Suburban. And lets be honest, that's probably the easiest one for most dem candidates to do well in.
Pete, a white guy from Indiana, still comes off like a professor type. I don't see him doing that well in PA, WI, and MI. I think Indiana is too red to flip. All three of those states depend on both high African American turnout in the major population centers, and white working class in the rural areas. My fear is that he underperforms in both, losing the midwest. Then, maybe losing NV, or VA. I just don't see what other states he would pick up.
Possibly if he paired up with Harris... he could squeak it out. But not sure.

Again. We need someone to win. There is no other option than to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom