US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not the one who demands my candidates be saints. I hope they are good people, haven’t broken any laws, and have ideas or policies i feel is best for advancing society and making the world a better place.

No, and the overall message was not that everyone is demanding the candidates be saints. That was part of it. The point was to not destroy and divide from within. You can’t help yourself but come with incredibly strong, negative, and incorrect feelings about a considerable amount of the democratic electorate. Reminder: at one point in time you literally suggested that Bernie Sanders should be a Republican.

That article is literally the second time in 22 months the Mueller team has spoken to the press.

This isn’t going away.

I’m sure the DOJ will release the Report after the election, along with the new super awesome ACA replacement plan.

No, and the overall message was not that everyone is demanding the candidates be saints. That was part of it. The point was to not destroy and divide from within. You can’t help yourself but come with incredibly strong, negative, and incorrect feelings about a considerable amount of the democratic electorate. Reminder: at one point in time you literally suggested that Bernie Sanders should be a Republican.

Yes, because he caters to rural whites. And because if he were to run under the GOP and say go up against a Clinton, i feel like the country could have a real debate over important policies.

You’d have two progressive agendas (one more progressive than the other) and more people would be educated on the issues.

That’s why i said he should go to the gop.

Yes, because he caters to rural whites. And because if he were to run under the GOP and say go up against a Clinton, i feel like the country could have a real debate over important policies.

You’d have two progressive agendas (one more progressive than the other) and more people would be educated on the issues.

It’s like you have not a clue what the republicans and democrats are supposed to stand for. At all.

When someone refers to the Republican Party and says it’s a party of rural white Americans, they’re saying that as a literal statement. Not as a descriptive analysis of who the electorate is supposed to be.

Also it’s a horribly wrong statement. Sanders appeals to a grassroots movement. He appeals to young people. He just so happens to appeal to “rural white people” because he campaigned heavily there in a tactical effort to play ball against Clinton. I would wager that blue people in very red states are more ideological and appreciative of his message, as being pragmatic is useless to them.

Bernie Sanders is more left than Hillary Clinton. I can’t believe I have to say that.

A social democrat further to the left than all the other Democrat candidates (some of which are actually right leaning) somehow belonging more to the GOP is a truly galaxy brain take.

I get what you're saying, but you're phrasing it completely backwards. A generic Clinton is a shit ton closer to what used to be considered a moderate Republican prior to the GOP going full Klan on us. That kind of candidate vs a democratic candidate like Sanders could lead to a real, meaningful debate. Sure.

But saying Bernie Sanders should run for the GOP is pretty dumb. Guy's about as left as they come, minus the guns and hidden tax returns and all.

My take on the sanders tax return thing is that he’s got nothing to hide except the PR associated with him being in the one pa’cent of the one pa’cent would probably derail his campaign entirely. Just a theory; I think he lives a modest life but has more money than it seems.

My take on the sanders tax return thing is that he’s got nothing to hide except the PR associated with him being in the one pa’cent of the one pa’cent would probably derail his campaign entirely. Just a theory; I think he lives a modest life but has more money than it seems.
I absolutely think this is what it is... That he's got a shit ton of cash, and/or that he takes advantage of tax loop holes that he preaches against.

Not for nothing, all Trump's tax returns are going to show is that he's not nearly as rich as he says he is. It's not like there's going to be a W2 in there from the GRU.

I agree with Bernie’s tax issues. He’s a rich hypocrite, and personally i don’t care that much. I would take advantage of that shit too. Especially since they have family (think his wife brought kids into the marriage right ?)

Back to the Orange one

We are going to feel the pain of these four (potentially 8 or more) years for a long as time

https://twitter.com/fmkaplan/status/1113558011363176449?s=21

And i didn’t want to link another twitter news article but the Senate just passed the nuclear option to get more of the far rights judges through faster. So even if we get him out in 2020, the courts are stacked in favor of the GOP for decades

I don’t see this changing at all next year. If Bernie doesn’t get the nomination I’m afraid he’ll pull the same tactics he did last time. His most extreme followers, on top of any foreign troll campaign/influence will fracture an already sensitive and weak party compared to the GOP

Totally agree.
Love how people laugh off that Bernie has "extreme" followers. Not extreme in political views, but more extreme in the blinded asshole sort of way.

Circling back to Irvine's post. Many Bernie followers demand perfection from everyone but the very imperfect guy they are supporting. It was horribly damaging in 2016 and it will be again if doesn't get the nom. If you can't admit that you aren't honestly accepting reality.

And it unfortunately isn't just Bernie supporters. Like Irvine's posted article said, too many on the "left" pick apart our own in a pretty disgusting way that only serves to strengthen the GOP who could give one shit what any of their candidates do.

Last edited:
so, we can all agree now that Barr was hired precisely because he wrote a letter explaining that no president can be guilty of obstruction of justice, and Trump saw this and hired him, because he knew that Mueller had a SLAM DUNK case on obstruction. so he did something about it.

so, we can all agree now that Barr was hired precisely because he wrote a letter explaining that no president can be guilty of obstruction of justice, and Trump saw this and hired him, because he knew that Mueller had a SLAM DUNK case on obstruction. so he did something about it.
It appears as if Barr is not an HONEST BROKER.

Just some food for thought on the sad state of many of our cities here in America, and where the leadership for this sorry state of affairs comes from:

https://www.facebook.com/123061011213236/posts/1012394985613163/

Just some food for thought on the sad state of many of our cities here in America, and where the leadership for this sorry state of affairs comes from:

Red Flag #1: a Facebook post
#2: “Unbiased America” doing a “study” exemplifying partisan intention
#3: the “study” (if it is even real) is “experts and professors” - are you fucking serious dude?
#4: experts and professors “ranking” the quality of a city based upon these metrics sounds nice and all, but much like college rankings, attempting to quantitatively rank a quality is silly. Harvard does not have a great quality of education because it has a great average freshman admittance SAT score. It has a great averages freshman admittance SAT score because it offers a high quality of education.
#5: as an analyst, you don’t provide tagalong information (information that you are not optimizing against but wish to see it as a carry through) unless you’re looking for something. So, if you were ranking quality of services in a city, you wouldn’t care about political parties. Not unless you were suspect before your analysis that this could have correlation. In which case, you’re inclined to provide a tagalong. Stick that in your unbiased pipe and smoke it.
#6: it’s very cute that the information was presented as “last time since a Republican mayor” and an additional column that says “years since a Republican mayor”... these are the same data put into two columns. This is your unbiased America?

This isn’t even me going for the content. I really don’t give a shit about the content. I just think it’s obnoxious that you can call that a “study” that’s “unbiased.”

And this is why I can't take you seriously whatsoever.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WillRicci?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

That's the guy who created unbiased America. He's... checks notes... very much biased. He was an editor for the fucking Daily Caller for fucks sake.

And you still haven't responded to my post on your BS crime and poverty stats, btw.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WillRicci?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

That's the guy who created unbiased America. He's... checks notes... very much biased. He was an editor for the fucking Daily Caller for fucks sake.

And you still haven't responded to my post on your BS crime and poverty stats, btw.

What’s important about these past few posts is that they illustrate how conservative media works.

There are many people out there who don’t consider themselves racist. On an individual level, they probably aren’t. Sure, some poor people deserve help, but surely others don’t. Anyway, it really must be upsetting to belong to a party that’s 90% white and increasingly racist. You must think, “I’m not a racist, but they sure have found a home in the party I support. What does this say about me?”

It’s upsetting, but lest you turn the channel or log out and risk losing valuable ad dollars or ratings, conservative media has your back. “Here,” they say, “information that will help assuage your discomfort at the growing gap between being a decent person and supporting the GOP. And you can pass it along to your conservative friends to likewise assuage their guilt and discomfort, and to your liberal friends so you can turn the table on them and call them the *real* racists.”

The information has been shaped and slanted and distorted to fulfill the very real needs of the conservative media audience and retain them.

He’s obviously enjoying coming and posting garbage here to see our reactions. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t genuinely believe the shit he’s reading, but he’s getting a ride out of it.

I don't believe it.

Point me to one instance where this administration has lied about something since taking office.

I'll wait.

you're right.

i'm not at all suggesting at all that Barr was brought in after making it clear to the Trump administration that he would do everything in his power to absolve the president and keep the findings of the report secret, or that he was hired on the basis of writing an unsolicited memo that argued that it's impossible for a President to ever obstruct justice.

nor is there anything suspect about Trump asking McConnell to fast track his nomination of Michael J. Desmond a one time Trump tax lawyer for the Chief Counsel of the IRS earlier this year.

this isn't a banana republic at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom