US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News has had a habit of "misleading" graphics in the past. They showed a picture of Patti LaBelle when Aretha Franklin died, and put up a graphic a while back claiming that Ruth Bader Ginsberg had died. And those are just a couple of the more recent examples I can think of. I'm sure others can list more.

So either they really need to fire the person(s) who work in their graphics department, or they're pulling this shit intentionally. Given the kind of commentary they push on their network in general, it's not exactly a stretch to assume the latter is the case.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/all-about-pete

I think the views of the author of this article probably align pretty closely with peef’s, but he does a much better job of laying out the case for pumping the brakes on the Buttigieg hype train, or at least digging a little deeper into his views.

That said, if we insist on purity testing all our potential candidates and tearing them apart when they fall short, we run the risk of Dave’s scenario, where the other side walks away with it.

Give me examples of "immense, characterizable hatred of Mexican and Central American people on the right today". The Mexican and Hispanic, as well as the African American conservative movement is growing because many are realizing that the left making comments like this are complete lies, and that really the left are the ones trying to make minorities "stay in line" and not find the freedom that the conservative platform offers. See the Blexit and Lexit movements, and read the blogs and pages of many who have left and are leaving the Democrat plantation because they have found that they're not really oppressed by anyone, except those on the left that want to Lord over them they they "help them by giving them table scraps".

Any one news source is not enough, Fox news , or any other. That being said, let's look at how many stories Fox has had to retract, and how many CNN or The New York Times has had to retract.

I have a fairly large example

190328-donald-trump-ew-1042p_81aa7de8ddf25b7f93b7349fee65e026.social_share_1024x768_scale.jpg

He's president.

Give me examples of "immense, characterizable hatred of Mexican and Central American people on the right today".

The president of the United States flung into popularity for calling illegal immigrants rapists, murderers, and drug dealers, and vowed to build a gigantic wall between us and their country because of this. The president is known for being factually incorrect and his supporters are known to not really care about his factual inaccuracy, because his factual inaccuracy serves as a reasonable means to pretend as though there’s any good reason for doing the shit he says sans hatred.

I’m not doing to go through and cite every instance for you. That’s all you need to hear.

The Mexican and Hispanic, as well as the African American conservative movement is growing

The what now? The “Mexican and Hispanic conservative movement?” Lmao ignoring the low key ignorance presented with that title you just made up, let’s look at the numbers.

IMG_8661.JPG
IMG_8659.JPG
IMG_8660.JPG

because many are realizing that the left making comments like this are complete lies,

Sounds to me like you’re making a complete lie. Who the flying fuck are you talking about? Black people have consistently remained some 90% democrat, and Hispanic individuals have flocked to the left. Not sure what “movement” you’re referring to.

and that really the left are the ones trying to make minorities "stay in line" and not find the freedom that the conservative platform offers.

What freedom are you talking about? Freedom to get the fuck out of the country? Freedom to be disliked for the color of your skin? Freedom to be judged and treated unequally based upon decisions enjoyed between two consenting adults in their bedroom? I really don’t know what freedom you’re talking about.

See the Blexit and Lexit movements, and read the blogs and pages of many who have left and are leaving the Democrat plantation because they have found that they're not really oppressed by anyone, except those on the left that want to Lord over them they they "help them by giving them table scraps".

So someone in the minority of the minority blogged about it and you’re convinced. Right. Well, I don’t disagree that these minorities don’t need to be beholden to the Democratic Party, but it’s utterly laughable that you think they find any desire whatsoever to move to the right.

Any one news source is not enough, Fox news , or any other. That being said, let's look at how many stories Fox has had to retract, and how many CNN or The New York Times has had to retract.

They’re probably very equal with how many they have to retract. They’re not equal on the content of the stuff that they don’t retract.

Look, I totally agree with you that Trump is buffoon, a disgusting man, and his whole demeanor is foul, I agree with you. The easy lazy notion is "uh, he hates illegal immigration so he's racist", meanwhile he has done more for Hispanics , African Americans, empowering intelligent talented women in leadership, than Obama, or Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer, all the Democrats combined.

Pretty lousy racist. Narcissist? 100%. I never thought id see a bigger narcissist than Barack Obama, but Trump has him beat.

Again, I voted independent conservative, Carly Fiorina was my pick for the nomination, but oh well.

I look at facts, policies, what's actually happened, not just the soundbite easy slam, because you don't like the man

The president of the United States flung into popularity for calling illegal immigrants rapists, murderers, and drug dealers, and vowed to build a gigantic wall between us and their country because of this. The president is known for being factually incorrect and his supporters are known to not really care about his factual inaccuracy, because his factual inaccuracy serves as a reasonable means to pretend as though there’s any good reason for doing the shit he says sans hatred.

I’m not doing to go through and cite every instance for you. That’s all you need to hear.

The what now? The “Mexican and Hispanic conservative movement?” Lmao ignoring the low key ignorance presented with that title you just made up, let’s look at the numbers.

View attachment 12265
View attachment 12263
View attachment 12264

Sounds to me like you’re making a complete lie. Who the flying fuck are you talking about? Black people have consistently remained some 90% democrat, and Hispanic individuals have flocked to the left. Not sure what “movement” you’re referring to.

What freedom are you talking about? Freedom to get the fuck out of the country? Freedom to be disliked for the color of your skin? Freedom to be judged and treated unequally based upon decisions enjoyed between two consenting adults in their bedroom? I really don’t know what freedom you’re talking about.

So someone in the minority of the minority blogged about it and you’re convinced. Right. Well, I don’t disagree that these minorities don’t need to be beholden to the Democratic Party, but it’s utterly laughable that you think they find any desire whatsoever to move to the right.

They’re probably very equal with how many they have to retract. They’re not equal on the content of the stuff that they don’t retract.

All I'm going to say is I said the movement for minorities becoming conservatives is growing, not that they are a majority. It's sad that it's taking people this long that they've been lied to for 50 years by the Dems, since LBJ, and that they have been poor for 50 years, voted for Dems, and are still poor because that's how the Dems designed "The Great Society", for control, for votes, zero empowerment.

Explain why most urban cities are rum by Democrats, yet they are still poor, crime ridden, and filthy. Things will never improve for the poor, or minorities under Democrat rule. 50 years of history.

Look, I totally agree with you that Trump is buffoon, a disgusting man, and his whole demeanor is foul, I agree with you. The easy lazy notion is "uh, he hates illegal immigration so he's racist", meanwhile he has done more for Hispanics , African Americans, empowering intelligent talented women in leadership, than Obama, or Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer, all the Democrats combined.

Except that’s not my notion. His comments do not suggest he hates illegal immigration. His comments suggest he is pandering to the deep rooted hatred of his followers. Obama was arguably one of the staunchest deporters as president. His crackdown on illegal immigration was something that really went under the radar, because he didn’t go masking the rule of law with shit like “they’re rapists and murderers” etc..

I have no clue what you’re talking about with Trump doing “more” for minorities, nor do I understand which empowered non white males you’re talking about. Sure, he’s appointed some here or there, but for the most part he’s restored old white men back into leadership.

Genuinely, I don’t care what the actual distribution is. I do support hiring whoever is best for the job at those highest levels, and I do think the notion of needing diversity is a problem rooted in society and earlier in the career chain (where we absolutely do need to enforce equality and equal opportunity). But the notion that Trump has gone out and empowered minorities and women is laughable. I would say that he does genuinely just hire who he conceives as best for the job. I don’t think Trump consciously looks for white old men, but you’re kidding if you think that isn’t his general go to.

Pretty lousy racist. Narcissist? 100%. I never thought id see a bigger narcissist than Barack Obama, but Trump has him beat.

I’m really not convinced that Donald Trump is anything other than a narcissist, but my point really had little to do with Trump. It had to do with those who voted for him, and the candy they enjoyed from his words.

Genuinely don’t know how Obama came off as a narcissist of notability to you. Every politician had a heightened ego and sense of and narcissism, and I don’t think Obama particularly stood out. But okay. For the record, I don’t think that is the same type of narcissism as Trump exhibits. Trump’s narcissism is a genuine problem, not just a factor of why one might dislike him. It drives his decision making.

Again, I voted independent conservative, Carly Fiorina was my pick for the nomination, but oh well.

I look at facts, policies, what's actually happened, not just the soundbite easy slam, because you don't like the man

So what you’re suggesting here is that I do not think critically. I’ll take that as an insult. I’m not sure what qualifies you to say I’m the sort of person who just looks for the “soundbite easy slam.” Based upon what? You’re the one suggesting there’s some movement sending minorities to the right, when that clearly doesn’t show up in data at all. At. All. It sounds like you read a blog and were satisfied.

It’s pretty easy to go through my posts here and see that I’m not the person who is out to get Donald Trump. I always stand by criticizing him for what he needs to be criticized for, and in the very rare event where he deserves applause, I give it.

What’s actually happened though.. I’m really curious what it is you see that has happened.

All I'm going to say is I said the movement for minorities becoming conservatives is growing, not that they are a majority. It's sad that it's taking people this long that they've been lied to for 50 years by the Dems, since LBJ, and that they have been poor for 50 years, voted for Dems, and are still poor because that's how the Dems designed "The Great Society", for control, for votes, zero empowerment.

And I demonstrated to you that the notion of more minorities becoming conservative is false and you’ve based it upon nothing.

Explain why most urban cities are rum by Democrats, yet they are still poor, crime ridden, and filthy. Things will never improve for the poor, or minorities under Democrat rule. 50 years of history.

I mean, this notion is true in all areas in the western world typically. Urbanization creates liberalism. Inner cities have histories relating to being poor. In our country, that’s no different.

Also, the democrats tend to be incompetent and misguided on their beliefs, and are ineffective towards producing results in elections at the lower levels.

That doesn’t make Donald Trump anything worthwhile.

Except that’s not my notion. His comments do not suggest he hates illegal immigration. His comments suggest he is pandering to the deep rooted hatred of his followers. Obama was arguably one of the staunchest deporters as president. His crackdown on illegal immigration was something that really went under the radar, because he didn’t go masking the rule of law with shit like “they’re rapists and murderers” etc..

I have no clue what you’re talking about with Trump doing “more” for minorities, nor do I understand which empowered non white males you’re talking about. Sure, he’s appointed some here or there, but for the most part he’s restored old white men back into leadership.

Genuinely, I don’t care what the actual distribution is. I do support hiring whoever is best for the job at those highest levels, and I do think the notion of needing diversity is a problem rooted in society and earlier in the career chain (where we absolutely do need to enforce equality and equal opportunity). But the notion that Trump has gone out and empowered minorities and women is laughable. I would say that he does genuinely just hire who he conceives as best for the job. I don’t think Trump consciously looks for white old men, but you’re kidding if you think that isn’t his general go to.

I’m really not convinced that Donald Trump is anything other than a narcissist, but my point really had little to do with Trump. It had to do with those who voted for him, and the candy they enjoyed from his words.

Genuinely don’t know how Obama came off as a narcissist of notability to you. Every politician had a heightened ego and sense of and narcissism, and I don’t think Obama particularly stood out. But okay. For the record, I don’t think that is the same type of narcissism as Trump exhibits. Trump’s narcissism is a genuine problem, not just a factor of why one might dislike him. It drives his decision making.

So what you’re suggesting here is that I do not think critically. I’ll take that as an insult. I’m not sure what qualifies you to say I’m the sort of person who just looks for the “soundbite easy slam.” Based upon what? You’re the one suggesting there’s some movement sending minorities to the right, when that clearly doesn’t show up in data at all. At. All. It sounds like you read a blog and were satisfied.

It’s pretty easy to go through my posts here and see that I’m not the person who is out to get Donald Trump. I always stand by criticizing him for what he needs to be criticized for, and in the very rare event where he deserves applause, I give it.

What’s actually happened though.. I’m really curious what it is you see that has happened.

Look man, your way in your feelings about this. I wasn't saying you don't think critically, in fact you and maybe one other regular here think critically and respond thoughtfully more than most. I was just talking about my thought process.

Trump's criminal justice reform bill (Almost zero coverage, pushing for stricter welfare standards which has "encouraged" more of the poor and minorities to get jobs, start some upward mobility, hosting the Young Black Leadership Summit ( again very little coverage), lowest black and Hispanic unemplyment in decades, at least, that's just a few.

But too often here, people say "everybody" , or "all the right" , and then when asked who, cite Trump as their only example.

Obama was all about his legacy, his high brow head in the air, always talking about himself, which he still does. And I voted for him in 2008. I'm sorry I did, but I did.

Again, I ask you, what in the Democratic Party platform is there to empower African Americans and Hispanics to be free from government interference and live the REAL American dream. The American Dream isn't handouts and welfare, and many minorities are beginning to find that insulting, just like when Dems think they are too stupid to figure out how to get an ID to vote, it's insulting. Conservatives want to treat everyone the same, and have people succeed or fail based on their talent and work ethic, not quotas. So you and I agree on that.

I’m not going to even touch your Candace obsession rhetoric here, but explain to me this last part?

Do you have an urban model ran by the GOP that you can show something different?

It’s just common sense that a more populated urban city will SEEM more crime ridden, filthy, and poor. This isn’t an educated observation.

The urban cities for the most part economically end up supporting the rural cities. So this line that Candace keeps trying to sell you makes no sense. You claim you’re a fact based economics guy, sell it to me, because so far all I hear is a parrot.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/all-about-pete

I think the views of the author of this article probably align pretty closely with peef’s, but he does a much better job of laying out the case for pumping the brakes on the Buttigieg hype train, or at least digging a little deeper into his views.

That said, if we insist on purity testing all our potential candidates and tearing them apart when they fall short, we run the risk of Dave’s scenario, where the other side walks away with it.

Are you sure that Peef didn’t actually write that? Forget the views of the author, check out that writing style. Same problem that I had with Peef—makes points that I often agree with, but also oddly feel compelled to try and poke holes in them as a result of his condescension and dismissiveness toward anyone who doesn’t 100% agree. “If you don’t feel the same way I do about this thing, then you’re oblivious.” “Funny this issue is framed in a way that differs from the way I feel it should be, clearly that’s weird.” “This thing isn’t his priority, that sounds suspicious to me.” This book report is full of that, which is too bad since I do think it brings up important concerns.

Like a lot of Peef’s post, I also only made it about 2/3 of the way through before I got tired of that sanctimony.

Wait, is Jerry Peef?

Give me examples of "immense, characterizable hatred of Mexican and Central American people on the right today". The Mexican and Hispanic, as well as the African American conservative movement is growing because many are realizing that the left making comments like this are complete lies, and that really the left are the ones trying to make minorities "stay in line" and not find the freedom that the conservative platform offers. See the Blexit and Lexit movements, and read the blogs and pages of many who have left and are leaving the Democrat plantation because they have found that they're not really oppressed by anyone, except those on the left that want to Lord over them they they "help them by giving them table scraps".

My handle name on another forum is Chico, I’ve lost count of how many times trump supporters told me to go back to Mexico or that I’m an illegal and the ICE will come and get me. They see the word Chico and automatically assume i am Mexican and therefore I must be some sort of drug lord rapist or something. I am not Mexican I am Argentine not that it matters because to them latinos are bad hombres. If that’s not hate I don’t know what is. And as headache pointed out the president is another fine example!

>

giphy.gif

If estimates hold, the downturn in the overall crime rate will be similar to last year’s drop. Overall, despite upticks in 2015 and 2016, crime rates*are still on a downward trend and have been since 1990.*

https://www.brennancenter.org/press...murder-rates-declining-nations-largest-cities

try again.

What is increasing is not crime... That's a false narrative that's played up by the right wing media (psst... it's too keep people who don't live in cities afraid of brown people).

What's increasing is inequality. I'm afraid that's not something you're going to be able to pin on the Democrats (although they are not innocent in that regards... )

Violent crime has been on a significant downward trend in major cities across the country for 30 years.

Last edited:
>

giphy.gif

https://www.brennancenter.org/press...murder-rates-declining-nations-largest-cities

try again.

What is increasing is not crime... That's a false narrative that's played up by the right wing media (psst... it's too keep people who don't live in cities afraid of brown people).

What's increasing is inequality. I'm afraid that's not something you're going to be able to pin on the Democrats (although they are not innocent in that regards... )

Violent crime has been on a significant downward trend in major cities across the country for 30 years.

Democrats want equality of results, conservatives want equality of opportunity. You can try to find your way around it, but inner city poverty like in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, NYC, DC, etc, all run by Democrats. Areas like Indiana, Texas, have less poverty, better run local government. Nice try yourself sir.

Oh, BTW, these communities don't need more free money thrown at them, but talented and hard working people within the communities to step up, say no more, realize no one is oppressing anyone, and run with it. I've lived and still live in these communities, talk to people everydsy, so I'm very aware of what works, and what doesn't and why. There's no magic bullet, gonna take a lot of hard work, but Democrat policy is certainly never gonna bring anyone out of poverty. Never has in 50 years. Hence, movements like Blexit and Lexit that are emerging.

just two days ago a police bodycam video was released of a black man getting executed with 30 bullets to the head from six white cops for the crime of falling asleep in his car in the parking lot of a taco bell, but "no one is oppressing anyone" in american inner cities according to gzusfrk who, as a white man who doesn't live in a major city, clearly knows everything there is to know about urban racism in america, so i guess there's nothing to see there.

:hmm:

Last edited:
Democrats want equality of results, conservatives want equality of opportunity. You can try to find your way around it, but inner city poverty like in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, NYC, DC, etc, all run by Democrats. Areas like Indiana, Texas, have less poverty, better run local government. Nice try yourself sir.

Oh, BTW, these communities don't need more free money thrown at them, but talented and hard working people within the communities to step up, say no more, realize no one is oppressing anyone, and run with it. I've lived and still live in these communities, talk to people everydsy, so I'm very aware of what works, and what doesn't and why. There's no magic bullet, gonna take a lot of hard work, but Democrat policy is certainly never gonna bring anyone out of poverty. Never has in 50 years. Hence, movements like Blexit and Lexit that are emerging.

You completely ignored that your claim of cities being just riddled with crime is false.

And man, you are so dramatically underestimating the poverty issues in rural America.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/six-charts-illustrate-divide-rural-urban-america

And Indiana? 31st in the nation in poverty rates. Texas? 38th.

Of the top 10 states for lowest poverty rates? 8 of 10 are "blue states." Only North Dakota and Utah crack the top 10 from the red side, and Utah's a fairly unique situation as far as states go.

Of the bottom 10 states... 9 of 10 are red, and the lone exception, New Mexico, is purple.

https://talkpoverty.org/poverty

Last edited:
Should we talk about how red states are welfare states surviving on those sweet, sweet blue state federal dollars?

Super liberal California is the 5th largest economy in the world.

The black/Latino “exit” from the Democrats is a Russian troll operation.

Now I’m going to go back wiping away rage tears at the thought of a monster like Joe Biden coming anywhere near the presidency.

Should we talk about how red states are welfare states surviving on those sweet, sweet blue state federal dollars?

Super liberal California is the 5th largest economy in the world.

The black/Latino “exit” from the Democrats is a Russian troll operation.

Now I’m going to go back wiping away rage tears at the thought of a monster like Joe Biden coming anywhere near the presidency.
Excellent point.

If Alabama really wanted to have road, well they should just try a little harder.

It's about providing opportunities, not hand outs.

TIL that conservatives are STILL trying to make Blexit and Lexit a thing, and that a president who has been openly racist on numerous occasions, and (as charitably as can be stated) is extremely sympathetic to white supremacists, has done more for the good of minorities than any democrats ever.

Quite an educational morning!

But there’s like a couple of minorities that do, and remember that black woman they not racistly trotted out at the Cohen hearing? Totally schooled the libs — If Trump is such a racist, why did he hire this black woman?

Crickets from the left.

Boom!

Last edited:
You completely ignored that your claim of cities being just riddled with crime is false.

And man, you are so dramatically underestimating the poverty issues in rural America.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/six-charts-illustrate-divide-rural-urban-america

And Indiana? 31st in the nation in poverty rates. Texas? 38th.

Of the top 10 states for lowest poverty rates? 8 of 10 are "blue states." Only North Dakota and Utah crack the top 10 from the red side, and Utah's a fairly unique situation as far as states go.

Of the bottom 10 states... 9 of 10 are red, and the lone exception, New Mexico, is purple.

https://talkpoverty.org/poverty

Eagerly awaiting a response to this.

I'd also just like to point out that NYC was run by a republican or republican/independent for most of the last 30 years.

Moderate Republicans, and the republican/independent is now a Democrat... alas.

Man, remember a day when Rudy was considered a moderate, so much so that the Conservative Party of NY wouldn't even put him as their candidate despite winning the republican primary?

Those we're the days, man.

But yea... Democratic run shit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom