US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you clearly missed the part where the "dick" started it.

No Dude, i actually did see the post. And I thought there was a decent response from another poster (Lucky7) who didn't resort to calling him a "dick" like the angry poster or his proxy.

Anyway, it's been fun as always. Cheers :wave:

a few posts back you were claiming that he (or she) was a poster named Zephyrpilot, maybe you could get your facts straight before making such accusations?

The actual suggestion is that one is an Oregoropa. The notion there is that he thinks he’s clever every time he returns under an alter ego, combined with the fact that his regular ego was this strangely closeted racist/-ist this/-ist that, made apparent by his uncontrollable tendencies and uncovered reddit behaviors. The dude probably never admitted anything to himself until 2016, when he was empowered to do so. And quite frankly, he gave everyone on the right who doesn’t speak their true mind adequately a bad name.

You, Bluer White, I don’t even know Iggy’s views... the guy gave you all bad names.

I, for one, welcome you here for both heated and civil debate.

But you’re typically not coming in for debate. You’re typically coming in for complaint. For empty posts. For sweeping statements about this forum or its posters.

So someone called someone else a dick. Perhaps there was good reason? I would agree with you, it did seem strange that Diemen didn’t go for both of them. But you do realize Diemen is not exactly exerting authority? He hardly posts himself. You can’t be offended when a friggin moderator on a low traffic social media platform from the last generation tells you off. Just accept that he’s in charge around here - he isn’t going to stop you from debating.

Anyways. If you want to debate, debate.

I would agree with you, it did seem strange that Diemen didn’t go for both of them. But you do realize Diemen is not exactly exerting authority? He hardly posts himself. You can’t be offended when a friggin moderator on a low traffic social media platform from the last generation tells you off. Just accept that he’s in charge around here - he isn’t going to stop you from debating.

i also guarantee that none of the people who are upset at diemen called his attention to headache's post by reporting it. i've never once seen a reported post go completely unaddressed.

Last edited:
I did not report the 'dick' post (and was not offended by it) because I did not feel the need. I can handle myself, and I have come to expect that kind of garbage in this forum.

Which is why it seemed odd to be called out for using the term pathetic, especially when it was warranted.

But in hindsight, given the double standards here, it is not that odd at all...

Let’s get back to the topic

Imagine a Hillary Clinton Presidency compared to what we’ve got

?

The actual suggestion is that one is an Oregoropa. The notion there is that he thinks he’s clever every time he returns under an alter ego, combined with the fact that his regular ego was this strangely closeted racist/-ist this/-ist that, made apparent by his uncontrollable tendencies and uncovered reddit behaviors. The dude probably never admitted anything to himself until 2016, when he was empowered to do so. And quite frankly, he gave everyone on the right who doesn’t speak their true mind adequately a bad name.

I think it's a dangerous game to label a fellow forum member as racist or whatever.

As for how you (or specifically others) think you know the identity of z-pilot, i thought that member's account information was supposed to be kept confidential?

You, Bluer White, I don’t even know Iggy’s views... the guy gave you all bad names.

I, for one, welcome you here for both heated and civil debate.

But you’re typically not coming in for debate. You’re typically coming in for complaint. For empty posts. For sweeping statements about this forum or its posters.

I really haven't posted here in quite some time so i don't know why you suggest that all i do is come in here and complain.

I think it's a dangerous game to label a fellow forum member as racist or whatever.

Oregoropa? I’m sorry but if you saw the extra/hidden content associated with that individual, you’d be shocked. At least, I would hope you would be shocked.

As for how you (or specifically others) think you know the identity of z-pilot, i thought that member's account information was supposed to be kept confidential?

It seems like you’re suggesting we somehow found confidential information... you’re missing the joke.

I really haven't posted here in quite some time so i don't know why you suggest that all i do is come in here and complain.

I was grouping all of you together as representative of *not this forum’s current echo chamber* (though I’d disagree that it’s an echo chamber so much as it’s gone tribalist, mostly because the tribe on the right got up and left, but there’s certainly still disagreement and fighting on the left).

Yes, when any of you make your one post for the season, it’s never content. It’s always shit talking cliquiness, drive by comments, and general pot shots.

I don’t think you’re a bad person. If you approach people here like folks of the other tribe, you’ll be treated like a name on the internet. If you engage, attempt to relate, and offer substantive (even if tense) conversation, attempt to find common ground etc., you’ll be treated like a person.

Take Bluer White for example. I have nothing bad to say about him. I don’t know who the heck he is. I get the impression I don’t agree with a lot of his views, but he’s really hands off. I really don’t like his continual “quote a post and say nothing.” I would appreciate that value was added. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk about it rather than see someone just ~highlight posts that seem to be absurd from their point of view.~ Trust me, as someone who likely has DIFFERENT views from him, I typically DO understand what’s absurd or a little over the top for most of the posts he quotes.

If you have opposing views and you do not share or defend them but suggest you have them, you CANNOT be offended when someone fills in the blanks and passes a judgement of you. It might not be the right thing to do, but you have the power to speak up and join the conversation.

I did not report the 'dick' post (and was not offended by it) because I did not feel the need. I can handle myself, and I have come to expect that kind of garbage in this forum.

Which is why it seemed odd to be called out for using the term pathetic, especially when it was warranted.

But in hindsight, given the double standards here, it is not that odd at all...

Please. Let’s be clear here: you weren’t called out for using the term “pathetic.” You were called out for stirring shit. By your initial “dumb as a post” comment, and coming back in to trade more barbs with headache.

As for Mrs. Garrison, yes, please feel free to swoop in after not participating in this forum for years to declare your disgust over this forum and its moderation, because I called out the guy who started shit when he continued stirring it. :eyeroll:

As I have explained, my 'dumb as a post' comment was pretty clearly directed not at a specific individual here, but rather at anyone who relies on Twitter for their primary or exclusive source of news. That seemed pretty obvious to me, but I came back in simply to clarify based on another poster's comments.

It's amazing as this place is rife with this kind of stuff The delicate flowers who are so outraged at this are usually the ones trashing everyone who they have even the slightest disagreement with. But one comment by me and it blows up.... maybe I should feel honored to have such an outsize impact here.

I’m giving you the “outsize impact” because I think you should stay and contribute, but only if you’re going to contribute.

The delicate flowers who are so outraged at this are usually the ones trashing everyone who they have even the slightest disagreement with.

It’s been my experience that the delicate flowers are the ones who complain that everyone is mean to them when the real problem is their inability to make good arguments, and then they take their bat and ball and go home. If someone would like to present the idea that calling someone a racist is worse than actual racism, by all means, go ahead and make that argument. Just be prepared to defend it, and don’t be upset when sharper minds tear the argument down.

This forum is about disagreement and distinctions.

Automation and AI is something that should be up there with climate change in our daily political discussions, but we get a wall instead.

Both of these issues will cause major loss of employment and living standards which the only means will be some sort of social safety net.

I still like the idea of an America where anyone can make it, but it’s been fudged so badly to the haves only a select few get those chances.

Capitalism that’s heavily regulated would serve us just fine if we could get rid of the greed at the top.

Not sure how that happens at the moment.

agree. automation and ai are taking jobs and driving down wages, but no one but Yang is talking about it.

It’s been my experience that the delicate flowers are the ones who complain that everyone is mean to them when the real problem is their inability to make good arguments, and then they take their bat and ball and go home. If someone would like to present the idea that calling someone a racist is worse than actual racism, by all means, go ahead and make that argument. Just be prepared to defend it, and don’t be upset when sharper minds tear the argument down.

glad you said that. because I have not complained about anyone being mean to me. in fact I was pretty clear in saying that I did not and do not give a shit if someone calls me a dick. But I will push back when and if it happens.

As for your racist versus racism comments, not really sure what you are arguing. Maybe you inted that for someone else.

glad you said that. because I have not complained about anyone being mean to me. in fact I was pretty clear in saying that I did not and do not give a shit if someone calls me a dick. But I will push back when and if it happens.

As for your racist versus racism comments, not really sure what you are arguing. Maybe you inted that for someone else.

I’ve found that when people have their arguments soundly defeated, they complain that people are mean — when this is the point of the forum, to defend arguments. It should never be personal. And going personal (as someone recently did with me) indicates that you really don’t have an argument to make. I agree that calling someone a dick should bother us much less than someone demonstrating that our argument eats a dick.

I used your comment as a jumping off point, neither were specifically meant for you.

i agree

Please. Let’s be clear here: you weren’t called out for using the term “pathetic.” You were called out for stirring shit. By your initial “dumb as a post” comment, and coming back in to trade more barbs with headache.

As for Mrs. Garrison, yes, please feel free to swoop in after not participating in this forum for years to declare your disgust over this forum and its moderation, because I called out the guy who started shit when he continued stirring it. :eyeroll:

inappropriate and out of line.
but i could be wrong.

I’ve found that when people have their arguments soundly defeated, they complain that people are mean — when this is the point of the forum, to defend arguments. It should never be personal. And going personal (as someone recently did with me) indicates that you really don’t have an argument to make. I agree that calling someone a dick should bother us much less than someone demonstrating that our argument eats a dick.

I used your comment as a jumping off point, neither were specifically meant for you.

i’ve not found that myself, but good observation.

*Quietly enters*

:up:

*Walks back over to the sidelines*

if you're spending your time on Twitter to find your news, then you have too much time on your hands, or you're as dumb as a post.

or maybe it's just about finding people who agree with you and amplifying the outrage. yes, that's definitely a big part of it actually.

As I have explained, my 'dumb as a post' comment was pretty clearly directed not at a specific individual here, but rather at anyone who relies on Twitter for their primary or exclusive source of news. That seemed pretty obvious to me, but I came back in simply to clarify based on another poster's comments.
As someone who mostly reads this thread, I find your explanation is either disingenuous or your post very ill timed.
2 posts after BEAL's you make your post about "spending your time on Twitter". Anyone who spends any time in this thread is aware that BEAL constantly quotes/references Twitter posts in this thread, so I'm sorry but your post definitely came across as being directed right towards BEAL. Perhaps as you later claimed that was not the case, but it sure appears that way. It may have been "obvious" to you, but not so much to me and I think a few others.

But I still like your avatar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom