US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t disagree. Anything said against Israel gets you into hot water

Will Dems still feel this way if rumors are true of Israel helping the trump campaign in 2016 (along with Russia and Saudi Arabia? ??
Anti-semitism is a huge issue. But criticizing Isreal's policies and the pro-Israel lobby IS NOT anti-semitic! What infuriates me is the lack of outrage at the horrible islamophobic poster in WV, instead the Dems further isolate Rep Omar.

There was a GQ writer who tweeted something like "You can tell the anti-Semitism because Omar has never condemned Saudi Arabia," and when it was pointed out to her that Omar had literally said BDS should also be used in regards to Saudi Arabia, she simply deleted the tweet and never bothered addressing the point again. Probably both because she was hilariously wrong and prejudicial, but also because her own point equated Israel's actions with Saudi Arabia's, and was probably closer to accurate than she intended it to be.

Omar's stance on this is one of the bravest things ever done in U.S. government (usually a cowardly and privileged collection of people), and to see the Democrats side with the GOP so uniformly is as disappointing as it is expected and illustrative.

New Quinnipiac Poll - 62% of Americans believe that Trump committed crimes before he was President. :lol:

How many believe he’s committed crimes AS president ????

Anti-semitism is a huge issue. But criticizing Isreal's policies and the pro-Israel lobby IS NOT anti-semitic! What infuriates me is the lack of outrage at the horrible islamophobic poster in WV, instead the Dems further isolate Rep Omar.

Correct. And they fall for these traps by the GOP all the damn time.

GOP has fucking Steve King and nothing gets done.

A Democrat says a naughty word and all over DC and the right wing media outlets....ITS AN OUTRAGE!!!

[tweet]1102711557493088256[/tweet]

Infuriating.

AOC has been largely disappointing in this respect, she capitulates to the right almost too easily. Ilhan is immensely brave and should be backed at all costs.

There was a GQ writer who tweeted something like "You can tell the anti-Semitism because Omar has never condemned Saudi Arabia," and when it was pointed out to her that Omar had literally said BDS should also be used in regards to Saudi Arabia, she simply deleted the tweet and never bothered addressing the point again. Probably both because she was hilariously wrong and prejudicial, but also because her own point equated Israel's actions with Saudi Arabia's, and was probably closer to accurate than she intended it to be.

Omar's stance on this is one of the bravest things ever done in U.S. government (usually a cowardly and privileged collection of people), and to see the Democrats side with the GOP so uniformly is as disappointing as it is expected and illustrative.

Julia Ioffe was it? She has a bit of a questionable, uh, history herself (even simply 'investigating' Richard Spencer by meeting with him is grossly unnecessary), so it's probably no great surprise. I noticed in other tweets she still seemed to double down somewhat.

AOC has been largely disappointing in this respect, she capitulates to the right almost too easily. Ilhan is immensely brave and should be backed at all costs.

Julia Ioffe was it? She has a bit of a questionable, uh, history herself (even simply 'investigating' Richard Spencer by meeting with him is grossly unnecessary), so it's probably no great surprise. I noticed in other tweets she still seemed to double down somewhat.
Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders have both totally dropped the ball in response to this issue. The former does seem too interested in combating the attacks on her as being vapid and uninformed; the sooner she recognizes that they will never go away, the better. And the latter is wholly uninterested in wading into foreign policy unless it's strictly on his own terms. Which is a shame, because his role as a prominent Jewish politician who supports Palestine would be huge here.

And yes, it was Ioffe. She has fiercely defended her photo with Spencer by saying, as you said, it was for an investigation, but so many people in media view all of this as a game. I have always gotten the gist she was just another one of those.

And yes, it was Ioffe. She has fiercely defended her photo with Spencer by saying, as you said, it was for an investigation, but so many people in media view all of this as a game. I have always gotten the gist she was just another one of those.

Ioffe is one of those awful Russian liberals (much like Garry fucking Kasparov) who seem to take pleasure in assigning themselves as one of the 'good' Russians to feed existing prejudices - and who turn out to be somewhat reactionary in reality. I've had personal experiences with Russians like these and they are not good folks.

Things are a little different now. The myth of Trump the successful business tycoon who's going to eliminate corruption and drain the swamp is dead for everyone other than his hardcore supporters.

But there are certainly some who can swing back his way dependant upon who the Democratic candidate is

The dream/delusion that once he got into office he would be a totally different and serious person is also dead.

The dream/delusion that once he got into office he would be a totally different and serious person is also dead.
Another good point.

I feel like there were A LOT of "on the fence" voters who didn't like Hillary, bought the whole "they're all the same" garbage, and cast a vote for Trump because he was something different.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I just can't see that "on the fence" vote breaking his way again - and his margin in the states that put him over the top was so thin that he can't possibly win reelection if the "on the fence" vote doesn't break his way.

How many believe he’s committed crimes AS president ????

I believe the numbers that believe he committed crimes while IN office is 45% yes, to 42% No. That's pretty surprising and gives me some hope in humanity.

Also, I think they said they believe Cohan over Trump by 65% to 35%.

Shows that Dems aren't overstepping. But they are successfully showing a case to the public that Trump is crooked as shit.

Cohen showing back up today with 5 more checks signed by Trump while in office.

I believe the numbers that believe he committed crimes while IN office is 45% yes, to 42% No. That's pretty surprising and gives me some hope in humanity.

Also, I think they said they believe Cohan over Trump by 65% to 35%.

Shows that Dems aren't overstepping. But they are successfully showing a case to the public that Trump is crooked as shit.

Trump's behavior certainly doesn't help, either-innocent people generally don't spend their days whining on Twitter about how everyone's out to get them, and they tend to be cooperative with investigations, and things of that sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom