US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #941
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:39 AM
Just watching some footage of Biden meet and greeting in Delaware. He's good. He's damn good. Even saw people there he knew by name. He's got that regular working guy persona. He gave straight, clear, no nonsense answers. He didn't go into the scripted, strained "speechy" responses you get from Booker, or Beto or others.
He didn't say, we need to take our country back. He said, America will be back. Play it straight, tell the truth, stand by our allies.
This is why both he and Sanders are good against Trump. They can speak plainly, and people like that. And i think it will appeal to those Obama/Trump voters that really need to come back.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #942
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/st...725210624?s=21

Not surprising

Old 04-25-2019, 02:04 PM   #943
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'm glad that Biden finally stopped the just fantasy land idea that this election isn't first and foremost about removing this stain from the White House.

He also stole Bono's line, which hopefully means that Bono can now never use it again. Please.

Which line? “America is not just a country, it’s an idea”???
Old 04-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #944
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Either that or "time to restock the buffet".
Old 04-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #945
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Either that or "time to restock the buffet".
Yes.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #946
Blue Crack Distributor

The Trump Campaign Conspired With the Russians. Mueller Proved It. https://nyti.ms/2vodDz3
Old 04-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #947
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Judge rules 34 gerrymandered districts in MI need to be redrawn!
Old 04-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #948
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/jjouvenal/status...089544193?s=21

Expect him to join the Administration soon
Old 04-26-2019, 10:12 AM   #949
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i thought Biden's video was moving, well made. curious to see how this all goes. and will be curious to see how he handles criticism from 22-year olds criticizing a voting record that's almost twice their age -- were you around in 1993? did you experience the crack epidemic? do you know what the murder rate was in 1991? that people have to make decisions? do you understand that things sometimes change and people do, indeed, evolve?
"I'm not sorry for anything I have ever done." - Joe Biden, three weeks ago

Of course, I'm being a bit curt and taking that slightly (and only slightly) out of context, but Biden has not changed and evolved. He is who he has always been. He got on the Obama ticket in no small part because Israel demanded the DNC put in a VP who would assuage their racist fears that Obama wasn't anti-Palestine enough, and wanted a true believer on board. And then he wore aviators and grinned next to Obama for eight years until everyone agreed "yes, you've earned having a cool black friend, you're a good guy now."

And honestly, how is your argument here any different than other arguments about how racism wasn't really bad "back then" because that's "just how things were"? Fuck that. The crime bill was racist as shit. Yet another example of the Democrats being Pragmatic Compromisers who Respect Bipartisanship ... which meant throwing under the bus every demographic they knew they could without ceding votes to the GOP.

Joe Biden is a terrible candidate and would make an even worse president.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #950
Blue Crack Distributor

Can I understand that what Joe Biden did or said 30 years ago makes him a dick but the harassment on Sanders' campaign just a few years ago we can just dismiss? Just trying to keep things straight so I know where I should stand on such issues.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:00 AM   #951
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Trump will be even harder to beat with these economic numbers.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #952
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Can I understand that what Joe Biden did or said 30 years ago makes him a dick but the harassment on Sanders' campaign just a few years ago we can just dismiss? Just trying to keep things straight so I know where I should stand on such issues.
unlike joe biden, who personally said and did the things he's now being held accountable for, bernie sanders did not personally harass those women on his campaign staff.

unlike joe biden, who's offered a lukewarm "sorry if you were offended" half-apology that apparently wasn't even accepted by the people he's wronged, bernie sanders offered a full and unequivocal apology and made major changes to his campaign structure this time around to ensure it doesn't happen again.

this whataboutism has got to be one of the weakest attempts at a "gotcha" i've seen in a real long time.

edit:
Old 04-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #953
Blue Crack Distributor

Yea that wasn't a "gotcha".

They can both fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. We don't need any more 70+ year old candidates.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #954
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
"I'm not sorry for anything I have ever done." - Joe Biden, three weeks ago

Of course, I'm being a bit curt and taking that slightly (and only slightly) out of context, but Biden has not changed and evolved. He is who he has always been. He got on the Obama ticket in no small part because Israel demanded the DNC put in a VP who would assuage their racist fears that Obama wasn't anti-Palestine enough, and wanted a true believer on board. And then he wore aviators and grinned next to Obama for eight years until everyone agreed "yes, you've earned having a cool black friend, you're a good guy now."

And honestly, how is your argument here any different than other arguments about how racism wasn't really bad "back then" because that's "just how things were"? Fuck that. The crime bill was racist as shit. Yet another example of the Democrats being Pragmatic Compromisers who Respect Bipartisanship ... which meant throwing under the bus every demographic they knew they could without ceding votes to the GOP.

Joe Biden is a terrible candidate and would make an even worse president.
Hilarious. So you take a comment of his completely out of context. The question he was answering was about his "contact" with some female colleagues over the years. In a 45 plus lifetime in politics, two women stated that his close contact made them feel uncomfortable, because he was acting too "familiar", but it wasn't sexual. He said that he was sorry that it made them feel uncomfortable, he would change how he interacted going forward and would listen, and understand more that he knows that it could be a problem.

The crime bill was was voted for by Bernie Sanders and 72% of Democrats as well. You can take any law or bill or action 25 years later and see its failings. But at the time, it was action that 75% of the American public supported.

Headache posted the other day that the only ones that will beat the Democrats are Democrats. And here we are. The one guy that can easily take back every midwest and rustbelt state that Hillary failed to, and we are going to go back 25, 30, 40 years to pick apart every decision (except Sanders of course, his bad votes and decisions are excluded) he made and view it in the lens of our overall societal view in 2019.
For once, lets just get the worst human to breathe oxygen out of office, and then we can move on to bickering over "true progressive" credentials.

Because if we are going to go into the past to judge the current candidates, then there are no true progressives. Bernie surely doesn't hold up, Mayor Pete surely isn't, Warren was a Republican most of her life, so throw her in the progressive trash pile. Harris was a prosecutor that made a lot of decisions that the progressive keyboard warriors wouldn't look kindly on, so she's out.

It's so ridiculous what my party has devolved into. We can't let ourselves have a win and make some progress. Keep the entire judicial system from being ravaged by a an orange maniac and a grumpy turtle looking mother fucker, as they continue to pack the courts with young right wing lifetime appointments.
Perspective and common sense is all i ask.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #955
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Trump will be even harder to beat with these economic numbers.
Which means it's all the more important that the candidate opposing him is prepared to discuss economics in different terms. Wages and spending power, worker mobilization and solidarity. Not how stocks are performing.

There are only two Democratic candidates who do that.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #956
Blue Crack Addict

Ill vote for either of them.

But less enthusiastically about Joe.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #957
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Hilarious. So you take a comment of his completely out of context. The question he was answering was about his "contact" with some female colleagues over the years. In a 45 plus lifetime in politics, two women stated that his close contact made them feel uncomfortable, because he was acting too "familiar", but it wasn't sexual. He said that he was sorry that it made them feel uncomfortable, he would change how he interacted going forward and would listen, and understand more that he knows that it could be a problem.

The crime bill was was voted for by Bernie Sanders and 72% of Democrats as well. You can take any law or bill or action 25 years later and see its failings. But at the time, it was action that 75% of the American public supported.

Headache posted the other day that the only ones that will beat the Democrats are Democrats. And here we are. The one guy that can easily take back every midwest and rustbelt state that Hillary failed to, and we are going to go back 25, 30, 40 years to pick apart every decision (except Sanders of course, his bad votes and decisions are excluded) he made and view it in the lens of our overall societal view in 2019.
For once, lets just get the worst human to breathe oxygen out of office, and then we can move on to bickering over "true progressive" credentials.

Because if we are going to go into the past to judge the current candidates, then there are no true progressives. Bernie surely doesn't hold up, Mayor Pete surely isn't, Warren was a Republican most of her life, so throw her in the progressive trash pile. Harris was a prosecutor that made a lot of decisions that the progressive keyboard warriors wouldn't look kindly on, so she's out.

It's so ridiculous what my party has devolved into. We can't let ourselves have a win and make some progress. Keep the entire judicial system from being ravaged by a an orange maniac and a grumpy turtle looking mother fucker, as they continue to pack the courts with young right wing lifetime appointments.
Perspective and common sense is all i ask.
What I ask for is a candidate on the left who actually believes in some leftist policies. There are only two of them.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #958
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
unlike joe biden, who personally said and did the things he's now being held accountable for, bernie sanders did not personally harass those women on his campaign staff.

unlike joe biden, who's offered a lukewarm "sorry if you were offended" half-apology that apparently wasn't even accepted by the people he's wronged, bernie sanders offered a full and unequivocal apology and made major changes to his campaign structure this time around to ensure it doesn't happen again.

this whataboutism has got to be one of the weakest attempts at a "gotcha" i've seen in a real long time.

edit:
He also said that he had no bad intentions, he would listen more, understand more, and change how he interacted going forward. But we'll just dismiss that part. Let's just keep asking him and see if he trips up. Yaaaaaay, he didn't respond well this time. Booooom! lets trash him and give Trump another 5 and a half years to completely blow up the country! Big win for "progressives"!! We stopped that evil, worse than Trump, corporate shill Hillary! We can surely ensure Trump again this time. Yaaaaaaayy!! We are SO progressive!!
Old 04-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #959
Blue Crack Addict

Why don’t we focus on Joe Biden’s history in politics? Which don’t scream “my hero.”
Old 04-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #960
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
He also said that he had no bad intentions, he would listen more, understand more, and change how he interacted going forward. But we'll just dismiss that part. Let's just keep asking him and see if he trips up. Yaaaaaay, he didn't respond well this time. Booooom! lets trash him and give Trump another 5 and a half years to completely blow up the country! Big win for "progressives"!! We stopped that evil, worse than Trump, corporate shill Hillary! We can surely ensure Trump again this time. Yaaaaaaayy!! We are SO progressive!!
and here i was thinking all along that you were actually an adult. silly me.