US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2019, 07:46 PM   #921
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
On a similar note, it's depressing that faildaughter Meghan 'did you know my dad is John McCain' McCain actually has a regular spot on TV despite having no discernible talent.

Disagree. Being a female Republican in today’s day and age takes loads of talent.

Lots of flexibility on your self worth.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:03 PM   #922
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:55 PM
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to be so awful that we stopped talking about his hair.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:33 PM   #923
Blue Crack Addict

pretty sure he'd love it if we were all still talking about his hair.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:04 AM   #924
Blue Crack Addict

So Trump is allegedly ordering people not to testify about the obstruction. Obstructing investigation into the obstruction?

You need a chart to keep up with it
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #925
Blue Crack Distributor

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ndings-1287072

under reported things from the totally exonerating fake news russia story.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:24 AM   #926
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ndings-1287072

under reported things from the totally exonerating fake news russia story.
Very interesting! Donnie, Jr. and Jared tried to collude, but the Russians
weren't interested in their overtures. Is it just me, but isn't trying to collude
the same as following through with it?
Old 04-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #927
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1121059085229731841
Old 04-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #928
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
So Trump is allegedly ordering people not to testify about the obstruction. Obstructing investigation into the obstruction?

You need a chart to keep up with it

If anyone of us did this we’d be in jail

Both the obstruction and if we refused to testify
Old 04-24-2019, 01:17 PM   #929
Blue Crack Distributor

He's obstructing the obstruction now.

Man, wish we had an Honest Broker to go over this for us.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:44 PM   #930
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
For me so far the ones who have the right combo are Mayor Pete and Senators Harris and Booker.

Mayor Pete has the appeal for me as coming across as authentic and natural. Even though he's so smart he never comes across as condescending. And yes I like that his personal life and orientation makes him more empathetic to the struggles of others. His answer to that question last night was touching. I also admire that he served in the military.

I think the way Cory Booker grew up makes him more genuine and empathetic too. I think Senator Harris is very impressive.

Yes unfortunately intangibles really matter. Charisma and likeability matter, even though some elected someone I consider to be the most unlikable non charismatic President of my lifetime.
I really like Pete. Think he's great. But i see a big problem. He may have done well in his small Indiana town, because people had time to get to know him, give him a chance and see how he did.
But what do the Dems need to win this time around? Suburban voters, large minority turnout, midwest/rust belt working class. Pete only checks one of these boxes. Suburban. And lets be honest, that's probably the easiest one for most dem candidates to do well in.
Pete, a white guy from Indiana, still comes off like a professor type. I don't see him doing that well in PA, WI, and MI. I think Indiana is too red to flip. All three of those states depend on both high African American turnout in the major population centers, and white working class in the rural areas. My fear is that he underperforms in both, losing the midwest. Then, maybe losing NV, or VA. I just don't see what other states he would pick up.
Possibly if he paired up with Harris... he could squeak it out. But not sure.

Again. We need someone to win. There is no other option than to win.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #931
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I agree with you. Trump makes it even more imperative to ditch stodgy old establishment. The only thing that made Biden seem less so was President Obama. Trotting him out as often as possible on the campaign trail isn't going to cut it, and it's just going to give Trump opportunities for attack. Not that he needs that, he's just going to do it anyway.

I guess Joe Biden just sees this as his last shot at the Presidency. Not a reason to run when getting rid of Trump is at stake.
Other than the fact that he is probably the only sure candidate that can beat Trump, Sanders a close second. Yes, the stakes are getting rid of trump, and 18 of the 20 are not a sure bet.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #932
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:55 PM
The internet reminded me of this awesome Schoolhouse-Rock-like ditty about impeachment (specifically Trump, naturally) that was on The Good Fight last season.

So catchy!

Old 04-24-2019, 07:05 PM   #933
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollDawgie View Post
Very interesting! Donnie, Jr. and Jared tried to collude, but the Russians

weren't interested in their overtures. Is it just me, but isn't trying to collude

the same as following through with it?

Is obstruction a conspiracy crime? Or is conspiracy to obstruct a thing...?

Serious question.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:00 AM   #934
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Is obstruction a conspiracy crime? Or is conspiracy to obstruct a thing...?

Serious question.
Good questions. I believe a conspiracy to obstruct is indeed a thing
and is a crime. I'm guessing the reason Mueller didn't indict Kushner
or Donnie Jr. on a conspiracy charge was that they were too stupid
to know what they were doing? The Russians were actually interested
in adoption, as it turns out.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:33 AM   #935
Blue Crack Addict

I certainly hope and pray that Joe Biden could beat Trump. Honestly at this point I highly doubt that anyone can barring serious problems with the economy nearer to the election. Even then I swear
that wouldn't even matter to most people who would vote for Trump anyway. They've already proven they vote against self interest.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #936
Blue Crack Supplier

i thought Biden's video was moving, well made. curious to see how this all goes. and will be curious to see how he handles criticism from 22-year olds criticizing a voting record that's almost twice their age -- were you around in 1993? did you experience the crack epidemic? do you know what the murder rate was in 1991? that people have to make decisions? do you understand that things sometimes change and people do, indeed, evolve?

speaking of evolving:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.05e194bbc9d5

i guess it's a measure of the strength of Pete's campaign that he's drawing attention like this. it was also heartening to hear people on the news this morning basically tell Franklin Graham to STFU because, well, it's Franklin Graham and this is an attitude that has simply moved out of the mainstream.

that was nice to hear, but these attitudes are not gone, and if Pete is on the ticket in some form, expect much more of this, expect them to turn him into a mini-abortion, i.e., a way to draw the base to the polls.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:02 AM   #937
Blue Crack Distributor

The only thing that will keep the Democrats from winning in 2020 are Democrats.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #938
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm glad that Biden finally stopped the just fantasy land idea that this election isn't first and foremost about removing this stain from the White House.

He also stole Bono's line, which hopefully means that Bono can now never use it again. Please.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #939
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I'm glad that Biden finally stopped the just fantasy land idea that this election isn't first and foremost about removing this stain from the White House.

He also stole Bono's line, which hopefully means that Bono can now never use it again. Please.
Agreed. And I know it's unconventional, but I really do believe that this needs to be the Republican strategy. Get that orange stain out at all costs. Play dirty, make him look as stupid as possible, I don't care what it is. Just make it clear to the voters that it is their civil duty to go and vote against Trump.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #940
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I certainly hope and pray that Joe Biden could beat Trump. Honestly at this point I highly doubt that anyone can barring serious problems with the economy nearer to the election. Even then I swear
that wouldn't even matter to most people who would vote for Trump anyway. They've already proven they vote against self interest.
Its very disturbing. i had a "discussion" on IG with a trump supporter. I listed out a litany of Trump failures, deficit, debt, trade deficit, N. Korea, tax cut for rich while millions of middle/lower class paid more, hate crimes, the list goes on.
He said, well my tax cut is enough to about cover my Toyota Tacoma payment, so that works for me.

There is no doubt, absolutely not doubt Biden will win PA. I think its 95% sure he will take WI, and MI. But VP choice will be crucial for him. It will have to be a woman, and lets be honest, an African American woman would be a huge plus to really give a strong, balanced ticket, with the greatest appeal and energizing of the strongest segments of the Dem party.

I don't take anything for granted anymore though. Its been a scary couple years, and i don't think 5 and a half more is sustainable.