US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2019, 09:10 PM   #801
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yeah, I definitely don't think he'd do that willingly, no. Like stated, it'd have to be something that he's forced into doing, for whatever reason (something's about to come to light that's so incredibly devastating to him personally AND politically that even he can't fight or bury it, or he learns he and/or his family are about to actually face some kind of serious legal/criminal charges, or things of that sort).
got it.
Who knows, but we can hope!

So surreal. I was feeling weirder last night, and couldn't place my finger just on it besides the obvious, when it dawned on me earlier today, that most of you only remember Clinton's impeachment, perhaps for some a vauge memory because you were really young of Nixon.

But i remember both cleary, and i think the thought of a third one (which i think should happen) is extra surreal !

Old 04-19-2019, 09:29 PM   #802
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
So surreal. I was feeling weirder last night, and couldn't place my finger just on it besides the obvious, when it dawned on me earlier today, that most of you only remember Clinton's impeachment, perhaps for some a vauge memory because you were really young of Nixon.

But i remember both cleary, and i think the thought of a third one (which i think should happen) is extra surreal !
Yep. Everything with Nixon happened ten years before I was born. I was 14 years old when Clinton's happened, and all I really remember of it are just whatever I heard on the radio during news reports (and of course, I've seen the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" clip), as well as a LOT of late night jokes. I may have seen/heard more, but if I did, I'm blanking on it.

But yeah, it's very interesting looking at and comparing the circumstances surrounding Nixon and Clinton to this, and the response of both parties then and now.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:36 PM   #803
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrpilot View Post
This is only plays into his hands

His tiny ones ?

How so ? He’s got his 35% base who don’t care. They just want to own the libs

Somehow with all the evidence coming to light in these hearings he’ll win support back from moderates and others ?

I think it would drive him even nuttier and there would be nothing he can do to stop the info from coming out.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #804
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yep. Everything with Nixon happened ten years before I was born. I was 14 years old when Clinton's happened, and all I really remember of it are just whatever I heard on the radio during news reports (and of course, I've seen the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" clip), as well as a LOT of late night jokes. I may have seen/heard more, but if I did, I'm blanking on it.

But yeah, it's very interesting looking at and comparing the circumstances surrounding Nixon and Clinton to this, and the response of both parties then and now.
Back w Nixon there were honorable enough republicans who went to him to resign.

Now?

I' ll be shocked if that happens!

Unless he does something so beyond the pale-- even for him!?!?
Old 04-19-2019, 10:18 PM   #805
The Fly

Local Time: 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
His tiny ones ?

How so ? He’s got his 35% base who don’t care. They just want to own the libs

Somehow with all the evidence coming to light in these hearings he’ll win support back from moderates and others ?

I think it would drive him even nuttier and there would be nothing he can do to stop the info from coming out.
He gets to play the victim. Meanwhile Democrats become the party of impeachment-obstruction without ideas. That’s what he will do. It’s tough to beat an incumbent. Focus on the ballot box. Buttigieg is intriguing. Gets to play the outsider role.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:45 AM   #806
Blue Crack Distributor

So that's bullshit that only his base would possibly believe.

His days of being even slightly sympathetic are long over. Nobody who doesn't already own a red hat is voting for Trump because they feel sorry for him.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #807
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:40 AM
How did it work out for the GOP by impeaching Clinton?

Pretty sure it worked out great for them, horrible for the rest of the world
Old 04-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #808
The Fly

I guess we are at square one. The 2020 election will be like trench warfare fighting over little pieces of ground. Don’t be shocked if Trump wins NV. The Vegas economy is a reflection of the national economy.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #809
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I guess we are at square one. The 2020 election will be like trench warfare fighting over little pieces of ground. Don’t be shocked if Trump wins NV. The Vegas economy is a reflection of the national economy.

He’s not running on the economy. He’s running on racism and abortion.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #810
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
He’s not running on the economy. He’s running on racism and abortion.
He touts the economy whenever he can. Let’s face it, if there isn’t a downturn in fall 2020 many people will hold their nose and vote their wallets.

He is gaslighting abortion because NY dems overplayed their hand. IE symbolically lighting up the freedom tower for abortion rights. If gave the right a rallying cry
Old 04-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #811
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
He touts the economy whenever he can. Let’s face it, if there isn’t a downturn in fall 2020 many people will hold their nose and vote their wallets.

He is gaslighting abortion because NY dems overplayed their hand. IE symbolically lighting up the freedom tower for abortion rights. If gave the right a rallying cry

He talks about the wall and invading brown people. The great complaint of the GOP after getting crushed in 2018 was that Trump went full-racist and didn’t talk about the economy.

But we should also watch those national debt numbers.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:25 AM   #812
The Fly

Quote:
He talks about the wall and invading brown people. The great complaint of the GOP after getting crushed in 2018 was that Trump went full-racist and didn’t talk about the economy.

But we should also watch those national debt numbers.
The GOP lost the house because of 40 plus retirements of establishment republicans. Paul Ryan basically peaced out ten months in advance. I mean Trump is a pig, but more disciplined than 2015 Trump. But somebody has to get the right strategy at the ballot box. For as much as PA and WI may swing back Dem, has Trump improved his Hispanic numbers enough to challenge NV, NM, CO?
Old 04-20-2019, 09:30 AM   #813
Blue Crack Supplier

Did they retire because they were 65 years old and wanted a watch, or did they retire because they knew they were going to lose due to Trump’s massive unpopularity.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #814
The Fly

Quote:
Did they retire because they were 65 years old and wanted a watch, or did they retire because they knew they were going to lose due to Trump’s massive unpopularity.
Combo. Plus they have term limits on chairmanships unlike the Dems. They tend to hold onto them for life. Downside is the that younger bench of candidates don’t get to rise.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #815
Blue Crack Distributor

They all peaced because they didn't want to be associated with this clusterfuck.

Anything else is revisionist history.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #816
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
They all peaced because they didn't want to be associated with this clusterfuck.

Anything else is revisionist history.
Yeah, the last few posts are straight out of an alternate reality.

The media is a massive problem, that is the only thing that the left and right can agree about, though for entirely different reasons. The punditry is currently obsessing over whether Sarah Huckabee Sanders should resign/be fired now that she's lost the trust of the American people. What trust?? I think even half the red hatted deplorables would admit she's a lying liar that lies.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #817
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Yeah, the last few posts are straight out of an alternate reality.

The media is a massive problem, that is the only thing that the left and right can agree about, though for entirely different reasons. The punditry is currently obsessing over whether Sarah Huckabee Sanders should resign/be fired now that she's lost the trust of the American people. What trust?? I think even half the red hatted deplorables would admit she's a lying liar that lies.
I truly shows how far gone we are that people are actually saying that this is what has caused Sanders to lose credibility.

She's the American Baghdad Bob.

Thankfully the electorate understands this more than any on the right would have you believe. The 5 day Sean Spicer comeback tour is proof of that.

Working for this administration is toxic towards the rest of your career if you have any hope of working for anything other than a Murdoch owned property, Breitbart, thr Heritage Foundation or Liberty "University"
Old 04-20-2019, 02:00 PM   #818
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I truly shows how far gone we are that people are actually saying that this is what has caused Sanders to lose credibility.

She's the American Baghdad Bob.

Thankfully the electorate understands this more than any on the right would have you believe. The 5 day Sean Spicer comeback tour is proof of that.

Working for this administration is toxic towards the rest of your career if you have any hope of working for anything other than a Murdoch owned property, Breitbart, thr Heritage Foundation or Liberty "University"

To your end point about careers, time is the ultimate remedy.

George Bush is “okay” now. Donna Brazille works for Fox. Ted Cruz is the ultimate Donald supporter.

Before you know it, Sanders will be the enemy of the enemy and bringing “voice and reason” to judgments that have been clouded over decades blah blah blah.

People forget. Not all, but enough.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:09 PM   #819
Blue Crack Distributor

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/po...229460734.html
Old 04-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #820
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Speaking of references to specific states, apparently Iowa got a mention in the report as well:

https://qctimes.com/news/state-and-r...0d0744d21.html

Quote:
A staffer for a committee led by Iowa U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley in 2016 worked to unearth emails deleted by Hillary Clinton, former U.S. Secretary of State and presidential candidate, according to the special counsel report released this week to the public.

Barbara Ledeen, a longtime Republican operative, searched for the deleted emails at the behest of Michael Flynn, who was acting on the request of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, Flynn said, according to the special counsel report.