US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2019, 10:34 AM   #581
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
This and Headaches responses are why it's pointless to have a real conversation around here. Ok Headache, here's my response to crime and poverty........crime is down in some vities, up in others, but it's still ridiculously high. If poverty rates are going down (which they should be because of stricter enforcement if welfare policies, it has nothing to do with the Democrats running the cities, it's conservative policies. The Democratic mayors and city councils of these "worst run cities" which uses fact based data, don't want welfare reform, they want MORE welfare, MORE taxes to pour down the drain and do nothing to empower and help their communities grow upwardly.

And LN7, I don't post things to get a rise out of you or anyone, I really don't care enough about getting any kind of attention on a message board. It's just sometimes it's nice to have actual conversations about actual political facts and policies rather than just Trump Derangement Syndrome.

So fine, u guys think the Democrats running these cities in this article deserve to be voted in time after time. I disagree. We just have different opinions on what successful policy looks like.

Dear God.
So poverty rates are down because of conservative policies that cut welfare? So the fact that Social Security (that radical socialist program) kept 27 million people out of poverty in 2017 means what? That if we got rid of SS that poverty would drop?

Even more striking is when you look at all social benefit programs:
During President Donald Trump’s first year in office, income from these safety net programs directly kept 44.9 million people out of poverty in 2017. That’s 200,000 more people compared to 2016.

Seriously man. That's some pretty warped thinking.

Yet again the largest driver putting people into poverty is healthcare costs. And I guess you stand by the party that systematically dismantled the one program that actually slowed year over year increase, but ultimately doesn't work properly because it's been cut off at the knees by those pure and caring conservatives. The same bunch that has zero plan to address it in the future.


And violent crime is ridiculously high? I don't know where you get this stuff... Well, yeah, I guess I have a pretty good hunch.

Here is the murder trend in the largest 30 US cities



With this side note - The murder rate for 2018 is projected to be 7.6 percent lower than 2017, largely thanks to “sharp declines” in “San Francisco (-35.0 percent), Chicago (-23.2 percent), and Baltimore (-20.9 percent),” according to the report.
You know, those evil liberal bastions of lawlessness.

Here is the overall crime trend:

__________________

womanfish is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:41 AM   #582
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:10 PM
But what does wallet hub have to say?
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #583
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Dear God.
So poverty rates are down because of conservative policies that cut welfare? So the fact that Social Security (that radical socialist program) kept 27 million people out of poverty in 2017 means what? That if we got rid of SS that poverty would drop?

Even more striking is when you look at all social benefit programs:
During President Donald Trump’s first year in office, income from these safety net programs directly kept 44.9 million people out of poverty in 2017. That’s 200,000 more people compared to 2016.

Seriously man. That's some pretty warped thinking.

Yet again the largest driver putting people into poverty is healthcare costs. And I guess you stand by the party that systematically dismantled the one program that actually slowed year over year increase, but ultimately doesn't work properly because it's been cut off at the knees by those pure and caring conservatives. The same bunch that has zero plan to address it in the future.


And violent crime is ridiculously high? I don't know where you get this stuff... Well, yeah, I guess I have a pretty good hunch.

Here is the murder trend in the largest 30 US cities



With this side note - The murder rate for 2018 is projected to be 7.6 percent lower than 2017, largely thanks to “sharp declines” in “San Francisco (-35.0 percent), Chicago (-23.2 percent), and Baltimore (-20.9 percent),” according to the report.
You know, those evil liberal bastions of lawlessness.

Here is the overall crime trend:

So because in certain areas it's still awful, but less awful than before, just ignore the results, everything's fine..

Secondly, the whole Democrat idea of "You need us, you're oppressed, you can't make it on your own, vote for us and we'll keep you poor, just not destitute " is what I'm talking about.

It's a GOOD thing if people get off welfare and get a job and become upwardly mobile, it's just not good for Democrats.
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #584
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
But what does wallet hub have to say?
Still pouting over New York City , huh?

Well shoot, if this article is unreliable, and all of these bastions of Democratic policy aren't the 20 worst run cities in America, then we don't need any "redistribution of wealth", "MORE spending on education and healthcsre" ,"GUN CONTROL ", everything is fine!

Headache said so.
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #585
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Still pouting over New York City , huh?



Well shoot, if this article is unreliable, and all of these bastions of Democratic policy aren't the 20 worst run cities in America, then we don't need any "redistribution of wealth", "MORE spending on education and healthcsre" ,"GUN CONTROL ", everything is fine!



Headache said so.
Yes. I'm still crying over your hurtful words towards a city I don't live in. I haven't stopped crying for days, actually. I sit at home in the fetal position, rocking back and forth asking republican gzus to make the bad man take back the mean mean words.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:10 AM   #586
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
So because in certain areas it's still awful, but less awful than before, just ignore the results, everything's fine..

Secondly, the whole Democrat idea of "You need us, you're oppressed, you can't make it on your own, vote for us and we'll keep you poor, just not destitute " is what I'm talking about.

It's a GOOD thing if people get off welfare and get a job and become upwardly mobile, it's just not good for Democrats.
Yes, Democrats don't want people to have jobs. Are you really that obtuse? Just because we want people who unfortunately lose their jobs, or aren't able to work due to mental or physical disabilities, something to fall back on and not just rot away and die, does not mean we don't want as many able people to have jobs as possible. These are politically created lies to keep people blaming poor people for their problems. When even the richest are now vocally agreeing that they don't need any more tax cuts or government handouts. They see the need for strong middle class and lifting people in the lower incomes because in the end, it is actually better for their business and society as a whole.

Did Obama oversee the longest consecutive run of private job growth in history because he was working his hardest to make sure people lost their jobs and got on welfare? Your accusations are laughable.

And you keep saying crime is way up all over the place and only a few places are down. Again, what i posted was for the largest 30 cities. So ok, you don't want to take those plain, factual statistics.

Here is the US overall, ALL areas.



I think you fall into the category of "misperception" about the crime rate
which you can see here that you are not alone. But you are still flat wrong.

womanfish is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #587
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
So because in certain areas it's still awful, but less awful than before, just ignore the results, everything's fine..



Secondly, the whole Democrat idea of "You need us, you're oppressed, you can't make it on your own, vote for us and we'll keep you poor, just not destitute " is what I'm talking about.



It's a GOOD thing if people get off welfare and get a job and become upwardly mobile, it's just not good for Democrats.


I don’t know how to read graphs.
I don’t know how to engage in conversations with people informed enough to understand these studies.

So I will use the decades old platitude that the Dems want you on the government teat and double down on Trump’s crime is on the rise.
BVS is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #588
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 03:10 AM
And just in case you were wondering who depends the most on the welfare state, here are the stats on that. - 13 out of the top 15 are red states. So who wants their people sucking from the government teat?

1 New Mexico
2 Mississippi
3 Kentucky
4 West Virginia
5 Alabama
6 Arizona
7 Alaska
8 Montana
9 South Carolina
10 Indiana
11 Louisiana
12 Tennessee
13 Maine
14 Wyoming
15 North Dakota
womanfish is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #589
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I don’t know how to read graphs.
I don’t know how to engage in conversations with people informed enough to understand these studies.

So I will use the decades old platitude that the Dems want you on the government teat and double down on Trump’s crime is on the rise.
Jinx! we both said teat!
womanfish is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #590
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Just look at this shit hole?



It's a miracle anyone survives that urban hellscape.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #591
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
And just in case you were wondering who depends the most on the welfare state, here are the stats on that. - 13 out of the top 15 are red states. So who wants their people sucking from the government teat?

1New Mexico
2Mississippi
3Kentucky
4West Virginia
5Alabama
6Arizona
7Alaska
8Montana
9South Carolina
10Indiana
11Louisiana
12Tennessee
13Maine
14Wyoming
15North Dakota



Guess what these all have in common?

They are all pretty/very rural. Maybe we should cut welfare for rural people living high off the Blue State gravy train so these Trump voting rural folk will stop taking handouts from New York and California. It seems lazy rural Americans in red states could learn a thing or two about work ethic from urban America. Let's cut their welfare so they learn the value of an honest days work. Let's break the cycle of dependency.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #592
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 11:10 PM
US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Just look at this shit hole?







It's a miracle anyone survives that urban hellscape.








NYC has gotten a lot better! i just took this picture of me and my friends enjoying the good weather and not getting murdered.





Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7809.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	12267
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #593
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Be safe, my friend. It took every ounce of my being to get out alive, especially with the Van Buren Boys roaming the streets.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #594
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Be safe, my friend. It took every ounce of my being to get out alive, especially with the Van Buren Boys roaming the streets.
womanfish is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:15 PM   #595
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Guess what these all have in common?

They are all pretty/very rural. Maybe we should cut welfare for rural people living high off the Blue State gravy train so these Trump voting rural folk will stop taking handouts from New York and California. It seems lazy rural Americans in red states could learn a thing or two about work ethic from urban America. Let's cut their welfare so they learn the value of an honest days work. Let's break the cycle of dependency.
womanfish is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:11 PM   #596
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Guess what these all have in common?

They are all pretty/very rural. Maybe we should cut welfare for rural people living high off the Blue State gravy train so these Trump voting rural folk will stop taking handouts from New York and California. It seems lazy rural Americans in red states could learn a thing or two about work ethic from urban America. Let's cut their welfare so they learn the value of an honest days work. Let's break the cycle of dependency.
Republicans and their gzus need them to keep freeloading.
anitram is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #597
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Republicans and their gzus need them to keep freeloading.


It’s a cycle of dependency that’s gone on for generations.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #598
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:10 PM
I have friends who are red states.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #599
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,828
Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
And just in case you were wondering who depends the most on the welfare state, here are the stats on that. - 13 out of the top 15 are red states. So who wants their people sucking from the government teat?

1 New Mexico
2 Mississippi
3 Kentucky
4 West Virginia
5 Alabama
6 Arizona
7 Alaska
8 Montana
9 South Carolina
10 Indiana
11 Louisiana
12 Tennessee
13 Maine
14 Wyoming
15 North Dakota
I'm not totally sure but i believe that parts of more rural NYS depend on some of the monies generated by NYC.
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #600
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Interesting bit of reporting I heard this morning — it’s easy to look at Trump’s purge of DHS as some kind of palace intrigue conducted by inbred Nazi Stephen Miller. That it’s about Miller wanting Trump to be more cruel and more inhuman because they’re both bloodthirsty racists who derive joy from the suffering of Guatemalan children.

But, apparently, it’s just because Trump has been watching Hannity and Lou Dobbs and they’re telling him he won’t win re-election unless he can demonstrate how he’s “getting tough” on the boarder. Laws are in his way, so he’s trying to circumvent people who follow laws.

So it’s both nakedly political and racist at the same time. There’s no bigger conspiracy beyond mendacity, incompetence, and political desperation.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×