US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He touts the economy whenever he can. Let’s face it, if there isn’t a downturn in fall 2020 many people will hold their nose and vote their wallets.

He is gaslighting abortion because NY dems overplayed their hand. IE symbolically lighting up the freedom tower for abortion rights. If gave the right a rallying cry

He talks about the wall and invading brown people. The great complaint of the GOP after getting crushed in 2018 was that Trump went full-racist and didn’t talk about the economy.

But we should also watch those national debt numbers.

He talks about the wall and invading brown people. The great complaint of the GOP after getting crushed in 2018 was that Trump went full-racist and didn’t talk about the economy.

But we should also watch those national debt numbers.

The GOP lost the house because of 40 plus retirements of establishment republicans. Paul Ryan basically peaced out ten months in advance. I mean Trump is a pig, but more disciplined than 2015 Trump. But somebody has to get the right strategy at the ballot box. For as much as PA and WI may swing back Dem, has Trump improved his Hispanic numbers enough to challenge NV, NM, CO?

Did they retire because they were 65 years old and wanted a watch, or did they retire because they knew they were going to lose due to Trump’s massive unpopularity.

Did they retire because they were 65 years old and wanted a watch, or did they retire because they knew they were going to lose due to Trump’s massive unpopularity.

Combo. Plus they have term limits on chairmanships unlike the Dems. They tend to hold onto them for life. Downside is the that younger bench of candidates don’t get to rise.

They all peaced because they didn't want to be associated with this clusterfuck.

Anything else is revisionist history.

Yeah, the last few posts are straight out of an alternate reality.

The media is a massive problem, that is the only thing that the left and right can agree about, though for entirely different reasons. The punditry is currently obsessing over whether Sarah Huckabee Sanders should resign/be fired now that she's lost the trust of the American people. What trust?? I think even half the red hatted deplorables would admit she's a lying liar that lies.

Yeah, the last few posts are straight out of an alternate reality.

The media is a massive problem, that is the only thing that the left and right can agree about, though for entirely different reasons. The punditry is currently obsessing over whether Sarah Huckabee Sanders should resign/be fired now that she's lost the trust of the American people. What trust?? I think even half the red hatted deplorables would admit she's a lying liar that lies.
I truly shows how far gone we are that people are actually saying that this is what has caused Sanders to lose credibility.

She's the American Baghdad Bob.

Thankfully the electorate understands this more than any on the right would have you believe. The 5 day Sean Spicer comeback tour is proof of that.

Working for this administration is toxic towards the rest of your career if you have any hope of working for anything other than a Murdoch owned property, Breitbart, thr Heritage Foundation or Liberty "University"

I truly shows how far gone we are that people are actually saying that this is what has caused Sanders to lose credibility.

She's the American Baghdad Bob.

Thankfully the electorate understands this more than any on the right would have you believe. The 5 day Sean Spicer comeback tour is proof of that.

Working for this administration is toxic towards the rest of your career if you have any hope of working for anything other than a Murdoch owned property, Breitbart, thr Heritage Foundation or Liberty "University"

To your end point about careers, time is the ultimate remedy.

George Bush is “okay” now. Donna Brazille works for Fox. Ted Cruz is the ultimate Donald supporter.

Before you know it, Sanders will be the enemy of the enemy and bringing “voice and reason” to judgments that have been clouded over decades blah blah blah.

People forget. Not all, but enough.

Speaking of references to specific states, apparently Iowa got a mention in the report as well:

https://qctimes.com/news/state-and-...cle_d7f2e331-ca15-5455-b3e7-e650d0744d21.html

A staffer for a committee led by Iowa U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley in 2016 worked to unearth emails deleted by Hillary Clinton, former U.S. Secretary of State and presidential candidate, according to the special counsel report released this week to the public.

Barbara Ledeen, a longtime Republican operative, searched for the deleted emails at the behest of Michael Flynn, who was acting on the request of then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, Flynn said, according to the special counsel report.

Assad. Weird mess she’s in with that, but her schtick is definitely “not another saddam.” She’s a pacifist who served in Iraq. She’s the identity politics and foreign policy that Bernie so greatly lacks, yet they otherwise share such a strong wildcard element. They both eat into the base of shared votes between Trump and Bernie.

She also was one of the few superdelegates that voted for Bernie.

Kudos to Mitt Romney for speaking out about the Mueller report. Especially considering the complete silence of other Republicans. He said he's sickened by the dishonesty and "misdirection".

Of course Trump went after him on Twitter. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Unlike some here, I get the sense that the Dems are not impeaching simply because they don't want to be perceived as "losing" something. There's a little bit of "Oh look how adult we are for showing restraint!" performative bullshit to it, but at the end of the day I think they just don't want to do something that they know can't be "won." I don't see it as some sort of grand electoral strategy.

It does seem that Steny Hoyer is facing a primary challenger, though I'm not too familiar with how winnable that is. Unfortunately, the Dems view primary challengers as somewhere between nuisances and severe dangers, and their lesson of Joe Crowley is to try to kill primary challenger campaigns in their cribs.
I still think Tulsi Gabbard is a shoo-in for VP if Bernie wins the ticket, sorry Pete :p
Gabbard would be a poor choice. She seems to be an Islamophobe. I have not thought much about anyone's running mates, but Gabbard seems an odd fit.

Bernie doesn’t exactly have a crowd of good fitting candidates in the Democratic Party.

Her takes on religion are definitely her grossest aspects, which keep me away from wanting to vote for her, but she does offer a ton of electability regarding the middle crowd, without compromising a ton of political left ground.

Let’s face it the Dems don’t have the right candidate at this moment to accomplish two goals

1. Unite fractured wings of the party

2. To win the electoral college against an incumbent with a decent economy

(Unless 2016 was all Hillary hatred)

Let’s face it the Dems don’t have the right candidate at this moment to accomplish two goals

1. Unite fractured wings of the party

2. To win the electoral college against an incumbent with a decent economy

(Unless 2016 was all Hillary hatred)
They might not have one, but everyone knows Trump's an asshole (and the economy isn't as good as you'd like to think)

In some ways, Trump may have been uniquely suited to “beat” Hillary. She is the ultimate insider, she’s been in our lives for 30 years, and she’s deeply serious and studious (that 3am phone call ad from 2008 still stick).

Trump, the total outsider, the vulgar asshole who ran a brand designed to take money from aspirant assholes, may have seemed like a fun alternative, a middle finger to the establishment.

Had it been Cruz/Rubio/Jeb v Hillary, it would have been same old same old, and it would have come down to boring old tench warfare, and the Clinton machine would have held steady because whatever she lost in Obama urban votes an establishment GOP would not have gained in rural votes.

Also, don’t think they would have worked with the Russians like the Trump folks. Clearly, Trump would not have won without Putin, and he would not have been so eager to help an establishment GOP pick.

Not so sure the D party is all that fractured. Sure, there are the Bernie or Bust narcissist lunatics, but removing Donald Trump from office is a fairly easy thing to rally around.

Last edited:
I mean, Clinton’s image was destroyed for almost a decade from right wing media, knowing fine well she would be the candidate after Obama.

That’s really why she fits so well into that equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom