US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #541
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I, for one, am excited that Herman Cain is back in the national spotlight.

Missed that guy.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-05-2019, 03:14 PM   #542
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
He’s obviously enjoying coming and posting garbage here to see our reactions. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t genuinely believe the shit he’s reading, but he’s getting a ride out of it.
This and Headaches responses are why it's pointless to have a real conversation around here. Ok Headache, here's my response to crime and poverty........crime is down in some vities, up in others, but it's still ridiculously high. If poverty rates are going down (which they should be because of stricter enforcement if welfare policies, it has nothing to do with the Democrats running the cities, it's conservative policies. The Democratic mayors and city councils of these "worst run cities" which uses fact based data, don't want welfare reform, they want MORE welfare, MORE taxes to pour down the drain and do nothing to empower and help their communities grow upwardly.

And LN7, I don't post things to get a rise out of you or anyone, I really don't care enough about getting any kind of attention on a message board. It's just sometimes it's nice to have actual conversations about actual political facts and policies rather than just Trump Derangement Syndrome.

So fine, u guys think the Democrats running these cities in this article deserve to be voted in time after time. I disagree. We just have different opinions on what successful policy looks like.
__________________

Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #543
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 09:04 PM
Right, because you showing up posting a dubious study with no link to who performed it, what specific metrics were used, how the data was compiled, etc, and then disappearing and not engaging in dialogue was... your attempt to have a conversation?
Diemen is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 03:29 PM   #544
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 11:04 PM
I think the problem is you aren’t working from any sort of empirical data. You just have strawmen and hunches, preexisting convictions looking for “fact-based data” and a totalizing narrative — welfare creates poverty — that really can’t be argued with because it’s not based in anything. It’s like claiming socialism will cure cancer.

If you’d like to look at s City by City comparison of R vs D mayors, that’s fine, but do you really think it’s appropriate to compare, say, Detroit to Salt Lake City? Or Los Angeles to Boise?

I get irritated when people say the US should be more like Denmark, as if you could even begin to compare the two places (and I wish the US were more like Denmark in many ways). Why would we do the same between cities that are completely different from each other?

Also saying that crime is still “ridiculously high” begs the question — compared to what? I live in two cities at present, one has dropped from 400+ shootings in a year in the early 90s to about 110 today. No one but a D will ever win office. The other city I live in, which has had R mayors, is about as safe as it has ever been in this century.

Instead of facts, or a historical perspective, you’re applying a very 1994 Republican “bootstraps” POV to what are very complicated entities (American cities) and who’s successes or failures have more to do with trends beyond their control than a monolithic political judgment.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #545
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
"blessed are the trolls, for by owning the libs they shall inherit the lulz"

- maga 3:16
Most days I don't regret not popping in here, but that is pretty damned great.
corianderstem is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 06:54 PM   #546
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Right, because you showing up posting a dubious study with no link to who performed it, what specific metrics were used, how the data was compiled, etc, and then disappearing and not engaging in dialogue was... your attempt to have a conversation?
This is the article from which the Unbiased America article came from. I don’t know how much clearer it can be.

But again......if you think and want us to believe that Chicago, Flint, New York, DC, etc don’t have “economic, blight, and crime issues” then you’re blind, and destroying your own argument. If everything is fine in these dumpster fire of Democratic leadership, then we don’t need to “redistribute wealth”, “get guns off the street”, “give voices to the oppressed”. You can’t have it both ways.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-run-cities/22869/#main-findings
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #547
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
This is the article from which the Unbiased America article came from. I don’t know how much clearer it can be.

But again......if you think and want us to believe that Chicago, Flint, New York, DC, etc don’t have “economic, blight, and crime issues” then you’re blind, and destroying your own argument. If everything is fine in these dumpster fire of Democratic leadership, then we don’t need to “redistribute wealth”, “get guns off the street”, “give voices to the oppressed”. You can’t have it both ways.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-run-c...#main-findings
It's interesting that you ignored the fact that it's the Republican-run red states which are all massive takers and suckers on the government teat while the crime-ridden, city-infested blue states are bankrolling them.
anitram is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 08:04 PM   #548
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,450
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
This is the article from which the Unbiased America article came from. I don’t know how much clearer it can be.



But again......if you think and want us to believe that Chicago, Flint, New York, DC, etc don’t have “economic, blight, and crime issues” then you’re blind, and destroying your own argument. If everything is fine in these dumpster fire of Democratic leadership, then we don’t need to “redistribute wealth”, “get guns off the street”, “give voices to the oppressed”. You can’t have it both ways.



https://wallethub.com/edu/best-run-c...#main-findings


You do not assess the legitimate criticisms that have been pointed at your “source” ie some guy’s opinion on Facebook.

And to put it simply, ignoring every other aspect that I’ve already mentioned, it’s like you think these are apples to apples here. Do you know why DC has so many black people in the first place? Because all the rich slave owners and land owners populated the suburbs and rural areas in the DMV area. Federal jobs offered slaves an opportunity to make it, and not at the hands of their former “owners.”

Democrats in the south, in the hundreds of years that you’re talking about, were your people. We didn’t see the most recent full switcheroo until the 70s/80s. So I’m not really sure why you’re expect city centers (where historically poor people live) to be a concern of a bunch of racist white people.

And then you’re off comparing it to other “cities” that aren’t cities at all.

Bottom line: you can count the number of cities on one hand that aren’t democrat holdings. Government jobs, affordable housing, etc. have been historically provided by federalism. Cities also attract homeless people. It’s where trade happens. It’s where people are.

You’re painting the picture as though federalism is causing people to be poor and live in the city. You’re ignoring history, and ignoring what urbanization even is. The ills of it. It naturally serves that the bigger a city is, the more of the rich and the poor you will see.

The masses don’t want to vote for a Republican today because the Republican platform is about taking away their entitlement benefits and alleviating taxes on people who have more money. The democratic platform is about keeping those taxes (or in some cases adding more) in order to raise the floor.

I definitely think that there comes a certain point where it’s not all about money. Some of it is society and culture. Some people are born into poverty and stay in poverty, even with opportunity. To that, there’s not much you can do in a single presidency. It’s generational. Society needs to change. But we do need to ensure OPPORTUNITY is equal. And it’s not, and republicans are more concerned with rewarding those who may have already worked hard instead of ensuring that those who are working hard can be rewarded.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #549
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:04 PM
How dare you insinuate that Nashia, NH and New York City are not fair comparisons.

Get out of your echo chamber maaaaaaaan
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:35 PM   #550
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,784
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I thought Barr was hired as a favor for his cousin Roseann.


I thought Bannon was just bad at disguises.
IWasBored is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:37 PM   #551
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,450
Local Time: 11:04 PM
US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

Might be missing a joke but Steve Bannon is the only one who isn’t trying to disguise himself IMO

That’s why he can have a discussion on-air with Anderson Cooper that doesn’t result in a “bruh you’re full of shit” sort of response.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 12:10 AM   #552
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,784
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Might be missing a joke but Steve Bannon is the only one who isn’t trying to disguise himself IMO

That’s why he can have a discussion on-air with Anderson Cooper that doesn’t result in a “bruh you’re full of shit” sort of response.


The joke was just that they look alike.
IWasBored is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 12:26 AM   #553
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:04 PM
US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post



And LN7, I don't post things to get a rise out of you or anyone, I really don't care enough about getting any kind of attention on a message board. It's just sometimes it's nice to have actual conversations about actual political facts and policies rather than just Trump Derangement Syndrome.



Don’t. Don’t pretend you’re about engagement or facts. You’ve always avoided both.
Step up, be an adult. Quit playing victim.
BVS is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #554
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:04 PM
Guys stop. He's posted sources. Everyone knows that the blog section of a 2nd rate credit check website is the go-to for information on how shitty our cities are in comparison to the blissful Xanadu of the red run rural towns - where crime, poverty and overwhelming opioid addictions don't exist.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-06-2019, 08:14 AM   #555
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
How dare you insinuate that Nashia, NH and New York City are not fair comparisons.

Get out of your echo chamber maaaaaaaan
Please be consistent, it was Flint and NYC. Those two are totally comparable on every metric.
anitram is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 08:17 AM   #556
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:04 PM
Is that the New York City that was run by a republican and/or republican turned independent for 20 of the last 25 years? Or the mythological New York City that is under 5,000 years of democratic reign?
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #557
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,465
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Please be consistent, it was Flint and NYC. Those two are totally comparable on every metric.



Maybe if Flint had a Republican mayor those lazy people would actually get up and, I don’t know, actually take on the responsibility of removing the lead from their own drinking water rather than sit around waiting on a welfare check.

Someone should be like, “that’s your children who’s brains are getting damaged; you shouldn’t have had them if you didn’t want to take on the responsibility of either living in a place without contaminated water or having the gold old fashioned gumption to clean the water yourself.”
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #558
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,170
Local Time: 10:04 PM
If a republican ran Flint, the whole city would have Britas
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 04-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #559
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Maybe if Flint had a Republican mayor those lazy people would actually get up and, I don’t know, actually take on the responsibility of removing the lead from their own drinking water rather than sit around waiting on a welfare check.

Someone should be like, “that’s your children who’s brains are getting damaged; you shouldn’t have had them if you didn’t want to take on the responsibility of either living in a place without contaminated water or having the gold old fashioned gumption to clean the water yourself.”
Or maybe the lazy corrupt inept Democrat led government in Flint should learn how to handle their resources. So now New York City is falsely accused of being one of the worst run cities in America? Or it just hurts your feelings Headache?

I think we need a reality check intervention. I'm from Chicago, it's my city and I love it. It's run like complete horseshit by Democrats, overpays it's corrupt politicians who have done nothing but keep a dependent ghetto thriving for 50 years, and raising taxes. If you're honest, the story is similar for most of the "worst 20"
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #560
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,450
Local Time: 11:04 PM
You can ignore ignore ignore but your point stopped having a chance on my last correspondence.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×