US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2019, 11:34 AM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
What's wrong with this?

Mexico, New Mexico and Old Mexico.
Oh, thanks. I didn't know about Old Mexico. I thought maybe Baja California counted as a Mexican country.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #482
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:31 PM
The third could be Tex Mex, actually

Old 04-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #483
Blue Crack Supplier

The 3rd country is Ron Mexico
Old 04-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #484
Blue Crack Distributor

Ahh. That makes sense
Old 04-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #485
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Trump's criminal justice reform bill (Almost zero coverage
Yeah, he can't help it but to shoot himself in the foot, even when there are opportunities to celebrate. Not sure how much he was responsible for it himself, but getting that bipartisan bill approved through Congress was a good win nevertheless. However, it got overshadowed quickly by yet the latest scandal involving Trump. Same what happened when the Barr summary of the Mueller report got published. Though it did not exonerate him, it did not find enough airtight evidence to indict him. However, instead of celebrating that part Trump immediately went for the Affordable Care Act, waging his vengeance on the press and defunding the Special Olympics. Who is then still talking about the positive outcome (according to Barr) of the Mueller investigation.

Anyway, might another reason for the limited coverage of the criminal justice reform bill be this...?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/u...-step-act.html
Quote:
Despite the high-profile party and round tables — and the White House releasing a presidential proclamation declaring April “second chance month” — Mr. Trump’s budget, released last month, listed only $14 million to pay for the First Step Act’s programs. The law passed in December specifically asked for $75 million a year for five years, beginning in 2019.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:31 PM
In news that should surprise absolutely nobody:

https://news.yahoo.com/career-offici...-politics.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — A career official in the White House security office says dozens of people in President Donald Trump's administration were granted security clearances despite "disqualifying issues" in their backgrounds, such as concerns about foreign influence, drug use and criminal conduct.

Tricia Newbold, an 18-year government employee who oversees the issuance of clearances for some senior White House aides, says she compiled a list of at least 25 officials who were initially denied security clearances last year because of their backgrounds. But she says senior Trump aides overturned those decisions, moves that she said weren't made "in the best interest of national security."

Newbold's allegations were detailed in a letter and memo released Monday by Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, chairman of the House Oversight and Reform committee. Cummings panel has been investigating security clearances issued to senior officials including Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, and former White House aide Rob Porter.

The documents don't identify the officials on Newbold's list but they note that two are "current senior White House officials."
Surely all those people who said that Hillary posed a national security threat with her e-mails will be right on top of this news, too, right?
Old 04-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #487
War Child

Local Time: 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i agree with what you're saying. but you and i both know that political revolution isn't happening any time soon in america, the conditions aren't right for it at the moment (though i think they could be in a couple of decades). so what do you think we should do in the meantime? throwing up our hands and saying "they all suck and we refuse to participate" just hands over all the power to the other side, who obviously is more than happy to gleefully abuse it. we have to do something and that something has to be practical and effective and not just something idealistic. so what is it? (this is a genuine question)
What is the point of a primary if we're not allowed to have it out over the issues that matter, and the records of the people running? I think it is dangerous, destructive, and counter-intuitive to bury legitimate criticisms because we are worried about "negativity" or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Look, I'll be the first to say that I'm sick to death of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict because in my view we have a small group of people holding the rest of the world hostage in terms of geopolitics while they fight over shit land because of what's written in some old books and passed down in stories similar to the Easter bunny. I absolutely have very little patience for that part of the Middle East.

But it is a far more complex issue than "what do I tell my Palestinian friends?" Yes, Israel has essentially set up a situation that mirrors the Bantustans of South Africa and with every passing year and changing demographics things become that much more untenable. I am not even sure a two-state solution is feasible at this point, and the blame for that I largely put on Israel, because the Palestinians have not had true, unified and competent leadership, basically ever. Israel has and has instead chosen to repeatedly vote in people like Netanyahu to make the situation 100x worse. ON the other hand, there is no nation in the world, and especially not the US, who would put up with indiscriminate bombing of civilians, buses exploding, night clubs terrorized, schools terrorized. Come on - would YOU live like that and react in any other way?
I don't think a two-state solution has been possible for quite a while now. The Israeli settlements make it pretty much a non-starter.

I don't endorse bombing civilians at all, but then again, I'm not sure how I would respond if treated the way Israelis treat Palestinians. Frankly, until Israel changes its course in dealing with Palestine, I don't really think the reactions of the Palestinians should even factor into the conversation. Operating open air prisons and mowing down children, medics, and journalists along the border with impunity must be the start of the conversation.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

I stopped reading Gzusfrk’s first post after “Democrat plantation”. Did it get less racist after that?
Old 04-01-2019, 11:36 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Did it get less racist after that?
it did actually - he proclaimed that no one is oppressing black people in america, so it seems that in fact racism is over (unless you're a racist oppressive democrat).
Old 04-02-2019, 12:50 AM   #490
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:31 AM
I'm using words used by African Americans who were former Demecrsts, i.e. Candace Owens, Adrian Norman, James Harris.

If the word plantation fits to what the Democratic Party has done for the poor, and minorities, they should wear it. Just look up the definition.

But of course, it could just be easier to blurt out "racist", because, you know, liberal playbook
Old 04-02-2019, 12:53 AM   #491
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:31 AM
So you get to decide who is oppressed, even if that person says they're not oppressed.

Pure genius, and proves my point. If you say it often enough, I guess it's true, or something.

Poor African Americans and Hispanic Americans who are leaving the Democratic Party and are successful are oppressed, and they don't even realize it. How sad.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:06 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

I’m still not following your logic. I’m fairly certain we’ve established that this minority departure from the Democratic Party is not a thing. Voting numbers clearly indicate blacks have remained and Hispanics have moved to the left.

🤷🏻
Old 04-02-2019, 05:18 AM   #493
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I’m still not following your logic. I’m fairly certain we’ve established that this minority departure from the Democratic Party is not a thing. Voting numbers clearly indicate blacks have remained and Hispanics have moved to the left.

Explain Diamond and Silk then... boom argument over ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-02-2019, 08:06 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
But of course, it could just be easier to blurt out "racist", because, you know, liberal playbook
it's easy to blurt out "racist" because, you know, you're a racist.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #495
Blue Crack Distributor

Guys, the US can't be oppressive to minorities. We've got black friends.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #496
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm using words used by African Americans who were former Demecrsts, i.e. Candace Owens, Adrian Norman, James Harris.

If the word plantation fits to what the Democratic Party has done for the poor, and minorities, they should wear it. Just look up the definition.

You realize these are grifters, people selling snake oil to someone such as yourself, someone who is probably bothered by the fact that the GOP is increasingly old and white and overtly racist, so they are giving you something to show to your liberal friends so you can say “SEE?!?!?!”
Old 04-02-2019, 11:01 AM   #497
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

Quote:

Your obsession with this Trumpists Grifter is odd given you “don’t support him”, she’s basically a megaphone for the worst parts of Trumpism and has no true conservative principles. Weird.

https://spectator.us/candace-owens-con-artist/

I mean she calls the women who started ‘me too’ prostitutes, said Hitler was only evil because of his “globalism”, claims racism is over since she’s never been a slave, and responded with a “lol” to the recent Mosque shooting. But she’s young, black, and female so when she echoes the bullying and authoritarian bs of Trump, conservatives can say, “see we’re not racist or sexist”.

But tell me more about this playbook, lol
Old 04-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #498
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm still waiting for a response to his assertion that

a) cities are riddled with crime (actually violent crime has been decreasing in cities for 30 years)

b) Red States like Indiana and Texas are the way to go in order to fight poverty! (actually these states are in the lower half of all US states in poverty rate, 8 of 10 states with lowest poverty rate are blue, 9.5 of 10 states with highest poverty rate are red)
Old 04-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #499
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

b) Red States like Indiana and Texas are the way to go in order to fight poverty! (actually these states are in the lower half of all US states in poverty rate, 8 of 10 states with lowest poverty rate are blue, 9.5 of 10 states with highest poverty rate are red)
Because we coastal ELITES are robbing them blind, duh.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #500
Blue Crack Distributor

The liberal wealthy coastal elites are ruining Murica with their coastal poverty.