US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fairly clear that

A) Mueller intended Congress to decide Obstruction, because he can not indict a sitting President

B) Barr was put in place specifically to kill this

C) Fucker obstructed justice, and the collusion issue isn't as cut and dry as they are making it out to be, either.

The Democrats need to grow a set and push this forward, as Mueller intended.

When Trump was told there would be a special counsel investigation (by Sessions) Trump said I am fucked, this is the end of my Presidency.

Then he said to Sessions you were supposed to protect me.

Trump wasn't obstructing justice at all when he was asking all these people to do things for the ultimate purpose of ending the Russia investigation. Nah, not at all.

D4cmWWPXoAUGhao.png

So by Muellers report, Trump, as president, could shoot someone on 5th ave and he wouldn’t be charged because it was in plain view ??

And it looks like Rudy and Trumps “delaying” tactic (or what should be called obstruction) is the reason Mueller didn’t interview the president

impeaching him (or even trying to) at this point for anything short of him being a proven, active russian intelligence asset is stupid.

So blatant and obvious obstruction of Justice, something that Nixon resigned over, should be ignored?

i didn't say it should be ignored, i just said that impeaching him would be stupid, because it is a stupid idea. the democrats need to run against trump in this election and they need to be using this as a cudgel to beat him into the ground with. you impeach him and then the democrats are running against a mike pence or a mitt romney type who can completely distance themselves from this whole mess by blaming it all on trump himself, and also claim it had nothing to do with the GOP itself. with the economy the way it is now, that guy's winning and we get at least four years of president pence or president mittens. and that's not even considering the fact that his supporters would see impeachment as a blatant coup d'etat and almost certainly react violently.

he had nearly zero chance of being reelected even before this, but let's give the GOP a chance to put a stronger, scandal-free candidate in his place instead. that would be stupid.

Last edited:
i didn't say it should be ignored, i just said that impeaching him would be stupid, because it is a stupid idea. you impeach him and then the democrats are running against a mike pence or a mitt romney type who can completely distance themselves from this whole mess by blaming it all on trump himself, and also claim it had nothing to do with the GOP itself. with the economy the way it is now, that guy's winning and we get at least four years of president pence or president mittens.

he had nearly zero chance of being reelected even before this, but let's give the GOP a chance to put a stronger, scandal-free candidate in his place instead. that would be stupid.

Just like Al Gore wasn't impacted by Clinton fatigue, right?

I think you underestimate the harm done to the GOP by all of this, especially those directly connected

al gore would have won anyways without ralph nader in the race, so i don't think that really mattered.

and regardless, you don't think it's going to be 1000x easier to beat trump himself than it would be to beat almost literally anyone else in the GOP aside from like, roy moore?

al gore would have won anyways without ralph nader in the race, so i don't think that really mattered.

and regardless, you don't think it's going to be 1000x easier to beat trump himself than it would be to beat almost literally anyone else in the GOP aside from like, roy moore?
I think 2020 will be like 2018 regardless of who is in office. The stink of this administration sticks.

There’s a reason no one in the GOP is worried about 2020.

They know they’ll be able to hold on. Voter suppression, outside influence, and the fact the Dems will eat their own and severely damage whoever makes it out of the primaries.

Impeachment needs to happen now

i agree with that. just saying any other republican would make every effort to distance themselves as much as possible from all this and as we know people are stupid and would fall for it. it is impossible for trump himself to get away from this. make him have to constantly talk about it and defend himself. you can make the election a referendum on trump (which is obvious that he would lose) or if he's out the focus is on the economy, which is doing well, and the democrats stand a damn good chance of losing in that scenario.

we all want to see him humiliated and get his comeuppance, but we need to remember the big picture. don't worry, we're still going to get the satisfaction of seeing him dragged out of the oval office in cuffs when he gets smoked in the election and refuses to accept the results.

Running against Trump in 2020 should theoretically be easier than running against Trump in 2016, but everyone assumed it would be in the bag back then too. It is important for the Democrats to offer a clear vision of how to combat inequality that isn't just a series of tax deferred savings accounts and vague platitudes about divisiveness. There are only two candidates who are willing to wade into this waters right now.

it's like everyone has forgotten that he literally only won by a hair via threading a needle through an electoral college back door when a huge chunk of voters still thought he was just putting on an act for the campaign and would be much more presidential once in office. that's not happening again. everyone knows full well exactly who he is now.

there is guaranteed to be violence, and people will most likely die in the streets if congress tries to impeach him. if this had come out in 2017 it might make a little more sense, but it is not worth people's lives for the sake of a chance to get rid of him, best case scenario, maybe six months early. and it's not likely they even could do it anyways - there is zero chance the senate votes for impeachment over this. so you're putting the country through all that for what exactly? the satisfaction? just kick him the fuck out next november and then he can be charged with the exact same crimes, but with none of the constitutional crisis.

impeachment now is a horrible idea. democrats are 100% right to focus on destroying him at the ballot box, and if they manage to run a campaign that's got more substance to it than just "i'm not trump", then it's very likely going to work out alright in the end. we just need to be patient. i want him gone as much as everyone else does but causing even more chaos than already exists right now isn't likely to help the country in the long run.

Last edited:
I would agree that the democrats are better served by dragging this all the way to the election much like how Hillary’s emails never went away, but if there was a legitimate way to turn republicans against Trump by way of impeachment for obstruction during primary season, that would significantly increase the likelihood of Trump being challenged in the primaries, and having to offload cash on hand. Or better yet, actually be primaried out (highly unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom