US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2019, 10:02 PM   #401
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:05 PM
US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
I did not report the 'dick' post (and was not offended by it) because I did not feel the need. I can handle myself, and I have come to expect that kind of garbage in this forum.

Which is why it seemed odd to be called out for using the term pathetic, especially when it was warranted.

But in hindsight, given the double standards here, it is not that odd at all...

Please. Let’s be clear here: you weren’t called out for using the term “pathetic.” You were called out for stirring shit. By your initial “dumb as a post” comment, and coming back in to trade more barbs with headache.

As for Mrs. Garrison, yes, please feel free to swoop in after not participating in this forum for years to declare your disgust over this forum and its moderation, because I called out the guy who started shit when he continued stirring it. :eyeroll:

Old 03-27-2019, 11:58 PM   #402
War Child

Local Time: 07:05 PM
As I have explained, my 'dumb as a post' comment was pretty clearly directed not at a specific individual here, but rather at anyone who relies on Twitter for their primary or exclusive source of news. That seemed pretty obvious to me, but I came back in simply to clarify based on another poster's comments.

It's amazing as this place is rife with this kind of stuff The delicate flowers who are so outraged at this are usually the ones trashing everyone who they have even the slightest disagreement with. But one comment by me and it blows up.... maybe I should feel honored to have such an outsize impact here.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:10 AM   #403
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:05 PM
I’m giving you the “outsize impact” because I think you should stay and contribute, but only if you’re going to contribute.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:19 AM   #404
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Oh but he provided a handy racism scale that makes it super easy to do so!

This remains the “call your church”/Fake Edge moment of FYM.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:27 AM   #405
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

Quote:
The delicate flowers who are so outraged at this are usually the ones trashing everyone who they have even the slightest disagreement with.

It’s been my experience that the delicate flowers are the ones who complain that everyone is mean to them when the real problem is their inability to make good arguments, and then they take their bat and ball and go home. If someone would like to present the idea that calling someone a racist is worse than actual racism, by all means, go ahead and make that argument. Just be prepared to defend it, and don’t be upset when sharper minds tear the argument down.

This forum is about disagreement and distinctions.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:29 AM   #406
The Fly

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Automation and AI is something that should be up there with climate change in our daily political discussions, but we get a wall instead.

Both of these issues will cause major loss of employment and living standards which the only means will be some sort of social safety net.

I still like the idea of an America where anyone can make it, but it’s been fudged so badly to the haves only a select few get those chances.

Capitalism that’s heavily regulated would serve us just fine if we could get rid of the greed at the top.

Not sure how that happens at the moment.

agree. automation and ai are taking jobs and driving down wages, but no one but Yang is talking about it.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:42 AM   #407
War Child

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It’s been my experience that the delicate flowers are the ones who complain that everyone is mean to them when the real problem is their inability to make good arguments, and then they take their bat and ball and go home. If someone would like to present the idea that calling someone a racist is worse than actual racism, by all means, go ahead and make that argument. Just be prepared to defend it, and don’t be upset when sharper minds tear the argument down.

glad you said that. because I have not complained about anyone being mean to me. in fact I was pretty clear in saying that I did not and do not give a shit if someone calls me a dick. But I will push back when and if it happens.

As for your racist versus racism comments, not really sure what you are arguing. Maybe you inted that for someone else.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:50 AM   #408
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
glad you said that. because I have not complained about anyone being mean to me. in fact I was pretty clear in saying that I did not and do not give a shit if someone calls me a dick. But I will push back when and if it happens.

As for your racist versus racism comments, not really sure what you are arguing. Maybe you inted that for someone else.

I’ve found that when people have their arguments soundly defeated, they complain that people are mean — when this is the point of the forum, to defend arguments. It should never be personal. And going personal (as someone recently did with me) indicates that you really don’t have an argument to make. I agree that calling someone a dick should bother us much less than someone demonstrating that our argument eats a dick.

I used your comment as a jumping off point, neither were specifically meant for you.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:03 AM   #409
The Fly

Quote:

i agree
Old 03-28-2019, 01:09 AM   #410
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Please. Let’s be clear here: you weren’t called out for using the term “pathetic.” You were called out for stirring shit. By your initial “dumb as a post” comment, and coming back in to trade more barbs with headache.

As for Mrs. Garrison, yes, please feel free to swoop in after not participating in this forum for years to declare your disgust over this forum and its moderation, because I called out the guy who started shit when he continued stirring it. :eyeroll:

inappropriate and out of line.
but i could be wrong.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:11 AM   #411
The Fly

Quote:
I’ve found that when people have their arguments soundly defeated, they complain that people are mean — when this is the point of the forum, to defend arguments. It should never be personal. And going personal (as someone recently did with me) indicates that you really don’t have an argument to make. I agree that calling someone a dick should bother us much less than someone demonstrating that our argument eats a dick.

I used your comment as a jumping off point, neither were specifically meant for you.

i’ve not found that myself, but good observation.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:22 AM   #412
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:

*Quietly enters*

*Walks back over to the sidelines*
Old 03-28-2019, 05:52 AM   #413
Blue Crack Distributor

Glad the guy who compared a storm trooper to Trayvon Martin has taken the time to chime in
Old 03-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #414
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 269er View Post
inappropriate and out of line.
but i could be wrong.

L.

O.

L.

And they all come out of the wood works now.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:29 AM   #415
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
L.

O.

L.

And they all come out of the wood works now.

trying to be constructive. is that frowned upon around here?
Old 03-28-2019, 09:30 AM   #416
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Glad the guy who compared a storm trooper to Trayvon Martin has taken the time to chime in

it was accurate and fair then, as it is now.
they look similar.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #417
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
trying to be constructive. is that frowned upon around here?
no, but drive-by criticism is. simply posting "inappropriate and out of line" is not constructive in any sense of the word.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #418
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Quote:
if you're spending your time on Twitter to find your news, then you have too much time on your hands, or you're as dumb as a post.

or maybe it's just about finding people who agree with you and amplifying the outrage. yes, that's definitely a big part of it actually.
Quote:
As I have explained, my 'dumb as a post' comment was pretty clearly directed not at a specific individual here, but rather at anyone who relies on Twitter for their primary or exclusive source of news. That seemed pretty obvious to me, but I came back in simply to clarify based on another poster's comments.
As someone who mostly reads this thread, I find your explanation is either disingenuous or your post very ill timed.
2 posts after BEAL's you make your post about "spending your time on Twitter". Anyone who spends any time in this thread is aware that BEAL constantly quotes/references Twitter posts in this thread, so I'm sorry but your post definitely came across as being directed right towards BEAL. Perhaps as you later claimed that was not the case, but it sure appears that way. It may have been "obvious" to you, but not so much to me and I think a few others.

But I still like your avatar.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:49 AM   #419
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
it was accurate and fair then, as it is now.
they look similar.
oh i forgot, you're that racist piece of dog shit.

no, you're not welcome here. fuck off.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #420
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
oh i forgot, you're that racist piece of dog shit.

no, you're not welcome here. fuck off.
Wow. Sharper minds tearing down an argument on full display!