US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World. - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #321
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:11 PM
this is all very normal behavior

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/st...54539163291648

thank goodness we had an HONEST BROKER to warn us about it a year ago. or something.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:17 PM   #322
Blue Crack Distributor

And there you have it. McConnell blocks senate resolution to make report public.

I know I always like to make sure documents that totally exonerate me from wrong doing are never seen.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:42 PM   #323
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
And there you have it. McConnell blocks senate resolution to make report public.

I know I always like to make sure documents that totally exonerate me from wrong doing are never seen.
Why is this not surprising?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #324
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:11 AM
Quote:
this is all very normal behavior

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/st...54539163291648

thank goodness we had an HONEST BROKER to warn us about it a year ago. or something.

I’m perfectly happy to never have any of those individuals on TV again on the basis that they are liars so long as the same is true of Trump, Kellyanne Conway, Man on Dog Santorum, that random fat guy on CNN who worked on the campaign, Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Rudy Giuliani (ok he can stay for laughs).
Old 03-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Trump and his team have lied about EVERYTHING, so why would this be any different ? Are we really going to believe Barr???

I remember reading on the interwebs that If mueller couldn’t finish his work, there would be mass protests.

Well isn’t it the same thing if he finishes and it’s never released ?
Old 03-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #326
The Fly

the special counsel needed more intersectionality in leadership
Old 03-25-2019, 11:11 PM   #327
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
imagine having such a sad existence that you take the time to create a new account, and sit on it for over a month for the express purpose of gloating like a teenager to a half dozen people that you were like 40% right about something well over a year ago.

On a U2 web forum’s politics sub forum
Old 03-26-2019, 12:30 AM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:11 PM
Quote:

Honestly, if the GOP wants to continue to behave this way in response to the report, fine, let them. Most Americans support this report being made public, so the more the GOP tries to hide it and dig in their heels, the more that could backfire on them in the end.

As for the stuff about no proof of collusion, if my time watching true crime shows has taught me anything, it's that there are many cases where somebody looks pretty guilty of committing a particular crime, but the evidence just isn't quite airtight enough to confirm it. For all we know, that could well be what Mueller (or rather, Barr's interpretation of Mueller's comments) means here by "no proof".

I do think there's a clear cut obstruction case to be made, though, and I do hope something can ultimately come of that.

And I'm also interested to see what will come of the other investigations still ongoing, too. Sometimes it can be the smallest, most unexpected thing that can bring down a house of cards, after all.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Two parts of this that doesn’t make any sense to me at all

Why wasn’t don jnr interviewed over the 2016 Trump tower meeting with Russians? He even released the damn emails that stated they were meeting over “dirt on Clinton”. How can you not call that collusion ? I suppose Manafort was there but that dude proved to be a liar on everything and was convicted for it

Second, regarding obstruction, how do you not interview Trump to get his damn answers under oath about his intentions of firing Comey and the other 50 examples we all saw and read over the past two years ?

Did Mueller draw a line regarding Trumps family ? Was he pressured to not go there ?

Just having trouble wrapping my head around it.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:37 AM   #330
Blue Crack Distributor

It's a shame there isn't a report of some kind that could explain the who what when where and why.

Somebody should have thought of that.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:21 AM   #331
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Of course.

Doubt we ever see it though.

I see the DOJ/Trump are going after the ACA...again.

Guess they didn’t learn from mid terms about going after health insurance
Old 03-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #332
Blue Crack Distributor

They're emboldened now because why wouldn't they be?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:47 AM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Don’t think this is the same as midterms. Trump is free to violate health care. Congress isn’t.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:51 AM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Don’t think this is the same as midterms. Trump is free to violate health care. Congress isn’t.
Yeah but ultimately that's not how it works if you're the voters. They take out specific anger (like ACA) on their Congress critters. Senators and Presidents don't pay for specific acts of legislation or minutiae quite the same way.

Avenatti was arrested again for trying to extort $20M from Nike? OK, I take it back, maybe this guy really IS perfectly suited to run for President. One criminal vs another, really what's the difference?
Old 03-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #335
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...65834004688898
Old 03-26-2019, 12:00 PM   #336
Blue Crack Distributor

i've decided i'm just going to post twitter links now. i'll be like the fuck jerry of interference, only i'm not profiting and i give credit.

https://twitter.com/dceiver/status/1110569736557993985
Old 03-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #337
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Hey that’s what i do!

I’ve found it a great way to keep us current of what’s going on, and bringing in voices who explain it better than i could.

https://twitter.com/willwilkinson/st...104073216?s=21

Like this thread
Old 03-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

Back when Bob Woodward’s book came out, there was a lot of attention paid to the usual Trump is dumb as a rock and the WH operates in sheer chaos parts. But if you’ve actually read the whole thing you’d know that a LOT of it centred on Mueller and his investigation. And Woodward made it very clear that all sources indicated there was no “there” there. He expected nothing major of Mueller and there were scores and scores of reasons why given in the passages. I’m not saying the book is like the Bible but from that point on I really didn’t expect much from Mueller. I just didn’t think that Woodward would be that completely wrong. Mind you this concerns the Russian collusion angle and not so much obstruction, which I believe remains questionable.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #339
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/themaxburns/stat...387529728?s=21

They just love being cruel
Old 03-26-2019, 06:14 PM   #340
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Back when Bob Woodward’s book came out, there was a lot of attention paid to the usual Trump is dumb as a rock and the WH operates in sheer chaos parts. But if you’ve actually read the whole thing you’d know that a LOT of it centred on Mueller and his investigation. And Woodward made it very clear that all sources indicated there was no “there” there. He expected nothing major of Mueller and there were scores and scores of reasons why given in the passages. I’m not saying the book is like the Bible but from that point on I really didn’t expect much from Mueller. I just didn’t think that Woodward would be that completely wrong. Mind you this concerns the Russian collusion angle and not so much obstruction, which I believe remains questionable.

My sense is that the obstruction question isn’t going away.