US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course.

Doubt we ever see it though.

I see the DOJ/Trump are going after the ACA...again.

Guess they didn’t learn from mid terms about going after health insurance

Don’t think this is the same as midterms. Trump is free to violate health care. Congress isn’t.

Yeah but ultimately that's not how it works if you're the voters. They take out specific anger (like ACA) on their Congress critters. Senators and Presidents don't pay for specific acts of legislation or minutiae quite the same way.

Avenatti was arrested again for trying to extort $20M from Nike? :lol: OK, I take it back, maybe this guy really IS perfectly suited to run for President. One criminal vs another, really what's the difference?

Back when Bob Woodward’s book came out, there was a lot of attention paid to the usual Trump is dumb as a rock and the WH operates in sheer chaos parts. But if you’ve actually read the whole thing you’d know that a LOT of it centred on Mueller and his investigation. And Woodward made it very clear that all sources indicated there was no “there” there. He expected nothing major of Mueller and there were scores and scores of reasons why given in the passages. I’m not saying the book is like the Bible but from that point on I really didn’t expect much from Mueller. I just didn’t think that Woodward would be that completely wrong. Mind you this concerns the Russian collusion angle and not so much obstruction, which I believe remains questionable.

Back when Bob Woodward’s book came out, there was a lot of attention paid to the usual Trump is dumb as a rock and the WH operates in sheer chaos parts. But if you’ve actually read the whole thing you’d know that a LOT of it centred on Mueller and his investigation. And Woodward made it very clear that all sources indicated there was no “there” there. He expected nothing major of Mueller and there were scores and scores of reasons why given in the passages. I’m not saying the book is like the Bible but from that point on I really didn’t expect much from Mueller. I just didn’t think that Woodward would be that completely wrong. Mind you this concerns the Russian collusion angle and not so much obstruction, which I believe remains questionable.

My sense is that the obstruction question isn’t going away.

if you're spending your time on Twitter to find your news, then you have too much time on your hands, or you're as dumb as a post.

or maybe it's just about finding people who agree with you and amplifying the outrage. yes, that's definitely a big part of it actually.

if you're spending your time on Twitter to find your news, then you have too much time on your hands, or you're as dumb as a post.

or maybe it's just about finding people who agree with you and amplifying the outrage. yes, that's definitely a big part of it actually.

Says the guy posting on a off topic U2 forum. Not sure there’s much zing to your insult.

apparently zephyrpilot is the one he uses when he thinks he's fooling us and iggy fizz is the one he uses when he thinks he's better than us.

So? Stick to mainstream media? Reddit? Interference? Or just straight from Orange Jesus himself?

What IS your point?

What ever happened to the one who thought we were going to be bombed off the planet every time someone mentioned North Korea?

So? Stick to mainstream media? Reddit? Interference? Or just straight from Orange Jesus himself?

What IS your point?

point is just an observation and I think a pretty obvious one at that: Twitter is a swamp. and if this forum is becoming just another Twitter share universe then I would question what is the point of that. Apparently, the Sheriff of Interference Town, aka Headache thinks this is being a dick. Wow, that hurts.

for some reason I seem to spark a level of outrage here that seems.... I dunno... disproportionate to the message.

whatever.

point is just an observation and I think a pretty obvious one at that: Twitter is a swamp. and if this forum is becoming just another Twitter share universe then I would question what is the point of that. Apparently, the Sheriff of Interference Town, aka Headache thinks this is being a dick. Wow, that hurts.

Painting a broad brush with “Twitter is a swamp” is sort of narrow-minded in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, I get what you’re saying. But Twitter is a bunch of different spheres, just like web forums or reddit or whatever. Reddit isn’t a swamp, but if you’re on the wrong one... it absolutely will be.

I’d judge the individual for who on Twitter they’re sharing. Not for sharing a twitter post. Twitter is a medium.

for some reason I seem to spark a level of outrage here that seems.... I dunno... disproportionate to the message.

whatever.

I mean, you seldom post here, but when you just did, you pretty much took a potshot at anyone who shares twitter posts.

So like. The last five posts before your post.

So like. You kinda deserved to have people respond.

Honestly, you people crack me up. Thank you. Seriously.

And let’s not forget how you sound with this.

Painting a broad brush with “Twitter is a swamp” is sort of narrow-minded in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong, I get what you’re saying. But Twitter is a bunch of different spheres, just like web forums or reddit or whatever. Reddit isn’t a swamp, but if you’re on the wrong one... it absolutely will be.

I’d judge the individual for who on Twitter they’re sharing. Not for sharing a twitter post. Twitter is a medium.

I mean, you seldom post here, but when you just did, you pretty much took a potshot at anyone who shares twitter posts.

So like. The last five posts before your post.

So like. You kinda deserved to have people respond.

And let’s not forget how you sound with this.

OK, that's actually all fair.

My last comment was more about the people who persist in believing I am some kind of disinformation agent, or pretending to be someone else. It's beyond absurd at this point.

I think these people would be surprised at who I am, and what my poltics are.

I'll just leave it at that.

Your comment on my obviously not series post about only posting Twitter links isn't what makes you a dick.

It's your being a dick that makes you a dick, actually.

Like your thought process in coming jumping in here after having not posted in months and read what was an obviously not serious post, think it's serious, and start calling people dumb and your lame ehrmagad hee tinks hees da sheereef if enterferenze crap.

That's a dick move.

Cause you're a dick.

Last edited:
This ACA play is almost too obvious. This was a clear rallying call during the midterms for those voting against the GOP. Why double down on something that you know you'll lose?

Do you think the Democrats will just be distracted by their anger over the Barr Memo, or are you trying to draw their attention elsewhere to get them to stop talking about Barr/Mueller?

This ACA play is almost too obvious. This was a clear rallying call during the midterms for those voting against the GOP. Why double down on something that you know you'll lose?

Do you think the Democrats will just be distracted by their anger over the Barr Memo, or are you trying to draw their attention elsewhere to get them to stop talking about Barr/Mueller?

Oooh. I like that second point. Super clever. And he punched down at some brown people (Puerto Rico) yesterday, too.

It’s almost as if the eventual release of some version of the Mueller report is going to make Trump look really bad and reveal evidence that everyone except Bill Barr agrees shows that he obstructed justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom