US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm thoroughly confused. I thought she had announced before the 9th as well... Either way, she seems to be getting some decent crowds at her events, but doesn't look like she's getting the financial backing from donations at this point. And I'm guessing Bernie entering will probably hit her the hardest.

Also, Booker seems to be MIA lately, and I'd completely forgot that Gillibrand was even running. Do you think that Gillibrand and Gabbard will meet the threshold of 60,000 donations from individuals from at least 20 states in order to be included in the debates?

Tulsi Gabbard absolutely will. Not that I want her to.

Dem Rep Steven Cohen who sits on the Judiciary Committee just made the claim that Barr is prematurely shutting down the Mueller investigation because several avenues (including the foreign banks and laundering) have not yet been concluded. Said the Committee would be prepared to subpoena Mueller if this ends next week.

And it's not even really news, it's just every day reality in the era of Trump.

It’s all part of Jesus’ plan. How can their be a rapture if the environment and ecosystems thrive ???

Yeah. They (older Dems) just can’t stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Horrible way to treat those kids

So if I read this correctly.. sorry been out of the loop

Today we learned that:

1. The Meuller investigation is being ended by the trump administration

And
2. The EPA is on a bee killing rampage??

Is this correct???

Bravo. I hope the African killer bees go after trump’s hamberder ass!

Pedophiles. Pedophiles have five friends who are pedophiles.

Donald-Trump-and-Ivanka-Trump-Vanity-Fair.png

Looks like it was an edited video put together by the person who primary against her.

There’s more video clips now and while she still comes off a little cold she does tell them she’ll probably vote yes on it, and offers one of the kids a internship

So the more i read about this incident the more it screams BS

While the full clip doesn’t completely clear her, i felt overall these kids were presenting themselves in adult fashion with their questioning and she answered them like adults versus children.

The edited clip definitely makes her seem like she’s telling them to fuck off but in the end i feel she explained the way things work. The green new deal won’t get out of the senate.

The smells a lot like what Al Franken went through. Release some accusations and the Dems will tear apart without any sort of investigation.

AF was on some very important committees.

Now AF deserved to defend himself and if it turned out that he was creeping on all these women than so be it

So is Feinstein. Me thinks the goal here is:

Fracture the party
Get key Dems off of committees that can investigate the president

This. Look, should she have been “nicer”? Yes. However the video is heavily edited and obviously these kids were used as props by their parents. Look, Feinstein is too far right for my liking but she’s also one of the most powerful senators in Washington who JUST got re-elected, so maybe instead of playing gotcha with her, work on getting her to support your legislation in a way not likely to alienate her.

I think you might be losing touch if you think high schoolers with political opinions are somehow props of their parents [emoji38]

Every new job created has to be unionized? Why?

Unionization occurred for good reason and even today, I think it can and should play a role in certain industries, particularly ones that are inherently dangerous and which have histories of abusing worker safety and rights. Like mining, construction, etc. But why in this day and age the GNB needs to insist that every bureaucrat position created should also be unionized is beyond me.

I think you might be losing touch if you think high schoolers with political opinions are somehow props of their parents [emoji38]

Those kids were in high school? I didn’t realize 7-10 year olds were already in high school these days.

I really do think Climate Change is an emergency and that major change has to happen. I also know that the green new deal needs a lot of work to be feasible and has zero chance of passing in the next two years at least, and then only if the Dems manage to take the Senate.

Those kids were in high school? I didn’t realize 7-10 year olds were already in high school these days.

I really do think Climate Change is an emergency and that major change has to happen. I also know that the green new deal needs a lot of work to be feasible and has zero chance of passing in the next two years at least, and then only if the Dems manage to take the Senate.

I didn’t realize “middle and high school students” were 7-10 years old.

One even actually says “I’m 16.”

It visually appears as though these children are ages 11-16. Most news articles I’ve seen have said “middle and high school students.”

Given that the organization they’re involved with is independent of their school, I would suspect there’s no reason to believe there isn’t elementary school students in their ranks.

As noted, the video was edited to really highlight Feinstein as sounding like an old out of touch politician (because the organization targets youth involvement).

The notion that these kids are “props of their parents” is ridiculous, as though students at the age of adolescence are incapable of or never have any strong political/social opinions.

It’s just infuriating that kids are told to shut up. Of course it’s been heavily edited but she still said what she said which was really rude and evidence of this “kids don’t know shit” endemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom