US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #1001
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
You are saying Sanders is a failure for not having single-handedly overturned capitalism during his career?

It's easy for someone like Clinton "to get things done" when she stands for perpetuating the status quo. The kinds of "change" she stood for were tantamount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. I unequivocally support whatever good work she did, but she also did an ungodly amount of bad. Her foreign policy is atrocious, from both a moral and practical standpoint. The decisions she and Obama made in Libya have had irreversibly negative impacts throughout the world.

Sanders is having a late career resurgence because things have gotten so bad in America under capitalism that the tide is turning. An entire generation of Cold War attitudes rendered socialism taboo in the United States. But the grinding, unceasing march of capitalism has placed all future generations, starting with the millennial, in an untenable situation going forward. The social safety net has been slashed at nearly every opportunity since Reagan. And capitalism is unwilling to address that because there is no incentive to do so. Making employees rely on employers for healthcare is, simply put, good business.

I also think there is a misunderstanding here about the order of operations. Technocracy is not politics. What you stand for matters more than how you will do it, when it comes to trying to build a movement. The GOP has no moral ground to stand on, and one should never emulate their policies, nor their tactics of race baiting. But they do understand how politics works. You cannot be shy about how it works and how power must be wielded to yield results. If the GOP is against things that are morally right, you must paint them as an enemy, and you cannot bargain with them. It's why they are successful: they don't ask about how much things cost, they don't ask about whether or not they should put the most extreme judges on the bench, they don't ask about whether gerrymandering is morally right, they don't ask about whether or not voter fraud is a real issue when they roll back people's rights. They just win elections and do what they want.

The issue is not that the Democrats don't know how to do what they want. Sanders' problem isn't a lack of pragmatism. The problem is that the Dems do not want what the voters want in too many areas.
Gotcha. listen to aspirations with no plans for actually achieving them. Ignore all of Sanders bad decisions and votes. You've made your voice heard. You've gone off on a capitalism rant that I've made no opinon of. If the majority of Democratic voters want everything that Sanders is proposing he would have been the nominee. Maybe it will work for him this time.
__________________

womanfish is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:14 PM   #1002
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Gotcha. listen to aspirations with no plans for actually achieving them. Ignore all of Sanders bad decisions and votes. You've made your voice heard. You've gone off on a capitalism rant that I've made no opinon of. If the majority of Democratic voters want everything that Sanders is proposing he would have been the nominee. Maybe it will work for him this time.
you just completely misrepresented everything he said. i'm not even sure you actually read any of that post.
__________________

DaveC is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #1003
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 06:55 AM
bookmark this for later use: https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status...86677784760320
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:41 PM   #1004
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 04:55 AM
New thread with really bad judgment.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ld-222652.html
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #1005
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,576
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Sanders is having a late career resurgence because things have gotten so bad in America under capitalism that the tide is turning. An entire generation of Cold War attitudes rendered socialism taboo in the United States. But the grinding, unceasing march of capitalism has placed all future generations, starting with the millennial, in an untenable situation going forward.

I appreciate a lot of what you are saying, though I don't think capitalism is inherently problematic in the way you are suggesting. I.e. capitalism is an efficient engine of economic growth BUT profit motive absolutely should not guide or even enter into industries that are essential to people getting a fair shake, like healthcare and housing. And the thing is the number of industries that fall under that banner of socio-economic essentials has grown over the last few decades but not been acknowledged as such, most conspicuously in higher education and tech basics like internet access.


The fact that entire generations are accumulating significant debt just to have a chance in the wider economy is a critical problem, but it can also be boiled down to two main culprits: education and healthcare.
iron yuppie is online now  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #1006
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 07:55 AM
There are a lot of really stupid Congressmen and women but this Higgins fellow from Louisiana has got to be the stupidest one I've seen in a long time. And not even evil stupid like Steve King, who at least manages to sound like he has command of the English language above a mentally disabled third grader. And he's the worst sort of stupid - foaming at the mouth and too stupid to know he's stupid. Just now he demanded to know why Cohen still has boxes of evidence in his garage. Cohen said it's in storage. Didn't he think he should have turned it over to the authorities? Cohen says he did and what's now in storage is what was returned to him. Higgins then starts screaming irately about how this should be with law enforcement and why isn't he turning it over. I don't even want to look up where his congressional district is, I don't want to know what people vote for somebody that braindead.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #1007
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,205
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
There are a lot of really stupid Congressmen and women but this Higgins fellow from Louisiana has got to be the stupidest one I've seen in a long time. And not even evil stupid like Steve King, who at least manages to sound like he has command of the English language above a mentally disabled third grader. And he's the worst sort of stupid - foaming at the mouth and too stupid to know he's stupid. Just now he demanded to know why Cohen still has boxes of evidence in his garage. Cohen said it's in storage. Didn't he think he should have turned it over to the authorities? Cohen says he did and what's now in storage is what was returned to him. Higgins then starts screaming irately about how this should be with law enforcement and why isn't he turning it over. I don't even want to look up where his congressional district is, I don't want to know what people vote for somebody that braindead.
People who are dumb enough to listen to him as if he were an authority on anything.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:53 PM   #1008
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
you just completely misrepresented everything he said. i'm not even sure you actually read any of that post.
I read every word.

"It's easy for someone like Clinton "to get things done" when she stands for perpetuating the status quo. The kinds of "change" she stood for were tantamount to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic."

"What you stand for matters more than how you will do it"

Meaning nothing that Clinton has done changes to the ultimate demise of the country. Sounds like "the lesser of two evils" bullshit that was cultivated by Russian and Eastern European troll farms during the last campaign.

Did I say anything about the inherent evils of capitalism in my post? No. Yet, he somehow posted a long rant that seems pointed at me. My post was about giving concrete plans of how to achieve what Sanders is selling. Headache and others have said this is paramount for Sanders to address this time around.
Is that wrong? Go ahead and argue that. I'm sure the American people outside of Sanders base will love to hear it.
Like I stated, I am behind most of Sanders ideas. Go ahead and attack me like you keep doing because I'd like to know how they would be achieved. That's your prerogative. I think most people here would like to know how things will be enacted and not just listen to how things are done in Switzerland.

"You cannot be shy about how it works and how power must be wielded to yield results. If the GOP is against things that are morally right, you must paint them as an enemy, and you cannot bargain with them. It's why they are successful: they don't ask about how much things cost, they don't ask about whether or not they should put the most extreme judges on the bench, they don't ask about whether gerrymandering is morally right, they don't ask about whether or not voter fraud is a real issue when they roll back people's rights. They just win elections and do what they want."

Seriously??? He's saying that i am somehow supporting GOP racism and tactics? I work with groups to try and stop gerrymandering. I work with minority groups to get out the vote. I argue constantly with GOP shit-heads that support voter fraud. It's one of my most deeply held beliefs that gerrymandering, ID laws and signature match are racist plots to block votes.

I actually DO things to try to make change. I know that it might seem odd that a citizen like myself might actually take action for change. But I do, no matter what you or anyone else here might think.

It's disgusting to have someone come at me with charges like this because I dare want Sanders to lay out some pragmatic plans. God forbid.
I made peace with you before. Now I'll just say Fuck You.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #1009
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
It's disgusting to have someone come at me with charges like this because I dare want Sanders to lay out some pragmatic plans. God forbid.
I made peace with you before. Now I'll just say Fuck You.
am i supposed to feel extra super dunked on because you capitalized it?
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #1010
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
am i supposed to feel extra super dunked on because you capitalized it?
Ignore everything I said. That seems to be your MO. Thanks champ. You're a joke.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #1011
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 06:55 AM
not sure how anything i said or did today warrants you flying off the handle like this and making personal attacks at me, but go off if you really must.
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #1012
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
am i supposed to feel extra super dunked on because you capitalized it?
If this makes your delicate sensibilities feel better. fuck you.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:20 PM   #1013
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,205
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i don't know what i expected cohen's voice to sound like, but it definitely wasn't "bit part as muscle for paulie walnuts".
That's because he's a fugazi consigliere
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #1014
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
If this makes your delicate sensibilities feel better. fuck you.
i'm not saying this to be rude, facetious, sarcastic, or to pick any kind of fight. but it's probably for the best for your own health if you log off and go do something else to calm down for a while, man.
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #1015
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
not sure how anything i said or did today warrants you flying off the handle like this and making personal attacks at me, but go off if you really must.
This coming from the guy that called me an asshole and fuck you to me.

Short memory.

and then you say this after someone insinuates that I support unbridled capitalism, GOP racism and voter suppression

"you just completely misrepresented everything he said. i'm not even sure you actually read any of that post"

complete joke. You've made your personal vendetta against me clear because i dare ask Lord Sanders to try and lay out actual plans this time around.

Why not go after the several others here who have asked the same? I hope i didn't capitalize anything, or else you will ignore everything else and try to dismiss actual debate on the issue.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #1016
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 06:55 AM
i'm not arguing with you dude, and i don't know why you keep trying to pick a fight with me. chill the fuck out.
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:36 PM   #1017
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i'm not arguing with you dude, and i don't know why you keep trying to pick a fight with me. chill the fuck out.
You're the one that jumped in and defended someone that went off on a socialist, anti-capitalism, GOP racist, voter intimidation rant against me. But I'm picking a fight against you? Jesus. Your total lack of self-awareness is staggering.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:39 PM   #1018
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 06:55 AM
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #1019
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,205
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Y'all just turn the lights off when you're done
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×