US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #921
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:28 AM
This. Look, should she have been “nicer”? Yes. However the video is heavily edited and obviously these kids were used as props by their parents. Look, Feinstein is too far right for my liking but she’s also one of the most powerful senators in Washington who JUST got re-elected, so maybe instead of playing gotcha with her, work on getting her to support your legislation in a way not likely to alienate her.

Old 02-23-2019, 12:31 PM   #922
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:28 AM
I think you might be losing touch if you think high schoolers with political opinions are somehow props of their parents

Old 02-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #923
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:28 PM
US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall

It plays right into Mitch’s playbook.

https://twitter.com/rwpusa/status/10...782403585?s=21
Old 02-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #925
Blue Crack Addict

Every new job created has to be unionized? Why?

Unionization occurred for good reason and even today, I think it can and should play a role in certain industries, particularly ones that are inherently dangerous and which have histories of abusing worker safety and rights. Like mining, construction, etc. But why in this day and age the GNB needs to insist that every bureaucrat position created should also be unionized is beyond me.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:23 PM   #926
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I think you might be losing touch if you think high schoolers with political opinions are somehow props of their parents

Those kids were in high school? I didn’t realize 7-10 year olds were already in high school these days.

I really do think Climate Change is an emergency and that major change has to happen. I also know that the green new deal needs a lot of work to be feasible and has zero chance of passing in the next two years at least, and then only if the Dems manage to take the Senate.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #927
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Those kids were in high school? I didn’t realize 7-10 year olds were already in high school these days.

I really do think Climate Change is an emergency and that major change has to happen. I also know that the green new deal needs a lot of work to be feasible and has zero chance of passing in the next two years at least, and then only if the Dems manage to take the Senate.

I didn’t realize “middle and high school students” were 7-10 years old.

One even actually says “I’m 16.”
Old 02-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #928
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
I didn’t realize “middle and high school students” were 7-10 years old.

One even actually says “I’m 16.”
There is a mix of elementary, middle and high school kids in attendance at this event.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #929
Blue Crack Addict

It visually appears as though these children are ages 11-16. Most news articles I’ve seen have said “middle and high school students.”

Given that the organization they’re involved with is independent of their school, I would suspect there’s no reason to believe there isn’t elementary school students in their ranks.

As noted, the video was edited to really highlight Feinstein as sounding like an old out of touch politician (because the organization targets youth involvement).

The notion that these kids are “props of their parents” is ridiculous, as though students at the age of adolescence are incapable of or never have any strong political/social opinions.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:42 PM   #930
45:33

Local Time: 11:28 PM
It’s just infuriating that kids are told to shut up. Of course it’s been heavily edited but she still said what she said which was really rude and evidence of this “kids don’t know shit” endemic.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #931
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Dem Rep Steven Cohen who sits on the Judiciary Committee just made the claim that Barr is prematurely shutting down the Mueller investigation because several avenues (including the foreign banks and laundering) have not yet been concluded. Said the Committee would be prepared to subpoena Mueller if this ends next week.

And it's not even really news, it's just every day reality in the era of Trump.
If so tnere has to be hero leaker, if ?Barr squirrels the report away!

I do believe tbe SDNY will be handling some of the money laundering, Deutche Bank, Manafort, et al stuff. Someone on NPR/WNYC just said this week that it might be the NYSD investigation that will get drumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It’s all part of Jesus’ plan. How can their be a rapture if the environment and ecosystems thrive ???
Some right-wing Christians will let Jesus determine when he decides to retirn. Others want to "help it along" by supporting right-wing Israelis who want to (i think) get rid of the Dome of The Rock and replace it with Solomon's 3rd temple which would spark a gigundo Middle-East War, or worse. And of course the jews aren't invited along much of the world; East or West.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Pedophiles. Pedophiles have five friends who are pedophiles.
Ewwww. I know i heard about this guy last year.

Quote:
So the more i read about this incident the more it screams BS

Me thinks the goal here is:

Fracture the party
Get key Dems off of committees that can investigate the president
Yeah, it could be.
Quote:
It plays right into Mitch’s playbook.

https://twitter.com/rwpusa/status/10...782403585?s=21
Hmmm.... I considerate it a blessing that for a few minutes that i couldn't remember who "Mitch" was. Then i remembered. Blah.

Quote:
It visually appears as though these children are ages 11-16. Most news articles I’ve seen have said “middle and high school students.”

Given that the organization they’re involved with is independent of their school, I would suspect there’s no reason to believe there isn’t elementary school students in their ranks.

As noted, the video was edited to really highlight Feinstein as sounding like an old out of touch politician (because the organization targets youth involvement).

The notion that these kids are “props of their parents” is ridiculous, as though students at the age of adolescence are incapable of or never have any strong political/social opinions.
Definate looked they ranged from elementary to high school.
Ha, i was demonstrating against the Vietnam War by the time i was 15 in 68.

Good for them! I sure consider Climate Change an emergency. I was doing stuff relating to renewable energy, and anti-nuclear power (weapons, too) around 1979 onward. Fuck Reagan for dismantling Carter's solar panels on the WH roof.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:08 AM   #932
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
She looks like an out of touch boob but that video has clearly been edited heavily.
I thought the teacher was sort of rude. It was talking point city on both sides, with the kids as props.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:21 AM   #933
War Child

The Feinstein video was not "edited," beyond the fact that Twitter only allows you to post two minute videos. That happens all the time. The group that posted the Twitter video also posted and linked to the full video. I watched the full video. She does not come off any better. Let's not fall for the same nonsense narrative that let those garbage Covington racists off the hook (other people were yelling so it was fine to be racist!). Using a shorter version of a video does not automatically mean people were misled.

Meanwhile, Sanders has made his first big error since announcing his run for president, calling for Maduro to accept the Elliott Abrams Death Package at the border.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:22 PM   #934
Blue Crack Addict

She doesn’t come off any better but the point was that the videos you see were purely meant to make an example of her and do disregard that it wasn’t just a group of protestors approaching the senator and being told off.

And yes don’t get me started on the Covington kids.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #935
War Child

I think the bigger issue is she is a tremendously wealthy woman who is 85 years old, and has huge amounts of power. And she is refusing to use that power to do what needs to be done, because it is of no consequence to her. No video like this was going to look good for her because she has a bad position on the issue, even if she just dismissively said "Thank you for your interest in the issue, and I'm definitely taking this into consideration!" It was made considerably worse by her getting annoyed at the suggestion she is wrong about something. It was a very Andrew Cuomo-type response. It reminds me, actually of Hillary Clinton dismissively saying "Why don't you run for something?" to the young woman who questioned her about her support of the crime bill in the early 90s. That woman she said that to works for Ilhan Omar, by the way.

Once again, the Democrats have been bamboozled on an issue over the last 10-15 years by the GOP because they let them set the terms of the debate. They made the issue whether or not climate change is real, and at this point plenty of Democrats think all they need to do is state "Climate change is real." And because all they can offer on any issue is verbal support and maybe hinting at incremental changes once they get power back, they are telling frightened children (who have a better grasp of the issue than they do!) that they won their election by a big margin.

Incremental change cannot fix climate change. We're 30-40 years too late to that. The Green New Deal should be the minimum. It is not nearly comprehensive enough, but it is the only legislation out there that grasps how dire the situation has become.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #936
Blue Crack Addict

Well you and I belong in the same bin with a few points and I love the way you put it.

(1) the democrats let the GOP set the terms of debate
(2) incremental change cannot fix ______

Really, I’m rather big on both of these things. Especially daring to do something that isn’t “incremental change.” We seem to have lost the ability to challenge the norm. That’s conservatism winning.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #937
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Meanwhile, Sanders has made his first big error since announcing his run for president, calling for Maduro to accept the Elliott Abrams Death Package at the border.
I'm genuinely asking, what's the problem with advocating for sending aid to Venezuela?
Old 02-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #938
War Child

There is a bit of a chicken/egg thing with the issue the Democrats have. The leaders of the party, those elected to office and those behind the scenes operating the controls, are by and large well off. They are a mixture of unwilling/unable to define the real issues. And the attitude has trickled down to many in the party's base. The GOP's overall worldview can be boiled down to "your enemies are the people who are different from you, and it is because of them and only them that you have the issues you have." The response to that SHOULD be "your enemies are the wealthiest people, who are happy to let you squabble among yourselves while they horde more and more of the resources this planet has left." That should be the viewpoint of the Dems and how they define their policies. But through a mixture of it hitting too close to home, and through thinking that the GOP's problem is simply defining an enemy at all, they can't get there.

Politics is about who gets what. It is a fight for resources. The GOP understands that, and uses it to its advantage to do terrible things. The Democrats won't even admit what politics actually is. They're playing two different games, and it's why we are where we are.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #939
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm genuinely asking, what's the problem with advocating for sending aid to Venezuela?
Because that is not what is happening. They are accepting aid from other sources, so long as it's not from countries that are openly trying to overthrow their government.

In the 1980s, the Reagan administration famously backed, funded, and armed a number of fascist uprisings in an effort to combat communism. These efforts were led by people like Elliott Abrams, who Trump just put in charge of outreach to Venezuela. One of the most common tactics for getting them there was sending trucks with aid that also were stuffed with weapons.

The remarkable thing is that Reagan at least went through the motions to pretend that this was about aid. Trump has openly stated that his goal in Venezuela is to see through this coup and install a new president. Are we suddenly pretending this is about anything other than that? The United States and Brazil are the two countries that have been turned away at the border for a reason.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #940
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Because that is not what is happening. They are accepting aid from other sources, so long as it's not from countries that are openly trying to overthrow their government.

In the 1980s, the Reagan administration famously backed, funded, and armed a number of fascist uprisings in an effort to combat communism. These efforts were led by people like Elliott Abrams, who Trump just put in charge of outreach to Venezuela. One of the most common tactics for getting them there was sending trucks with aid that also were stuffed with weapons.

The remarkable thing is that Reagan at least went through the motions to pretend that this was about aid. Trump has openly stated that his goal in Venezuela is to see through this coup and install a new president. Are we suddenly pretending this is about anything other than that? The United States and Brazil are the two countries that have been turned away at the border for a reason.
I understand all that, and I'm well-aware of what Iran-Contra was, but I guess I'm just not understanding what your ultimate position on Venezeula is.

Is that Madura should stay in power?

Is it that Madura is bad but that the U.S. should not be involved in overthrowing him?

Or is it something else?