US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #861
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Like I said, they can’t all afford to be running so the $ will cause most of them to drop like flies. Gillibrand probably doesn’t even get past the exploratory committee stage.

I would find it kind of depressing if the two it came down to were Biden and Bernie - oooold white men part 19373. God forbid they saddle us with a Tim Kaine sort of VP. And yet still infinity x better than the current disaster.
As much as I love Uncle Joe, I'd be super disappointed if he or Bernie are the nominees. I've just about had it with old white men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
We should also remember that Bernie is a very shrewd politician. His background worries me, as does his total lack of foreign policy experience, and the fact that he’s been the Senator for about 600,000 white people in a gorgeous rural kingdom since forever.

But, by all means Bernie, go full throttle at the Russian asset currently occupying the White House.
That said, if they are indeed the nominees, I will support them, campaign for them and vote for them because I don't know if we survive 4 more years of 45.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #862
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
be a little more of a condescending asshole, why don't you.

i say one thing as a rebuttal to something totally false that you literally made up out of your ass, and that instantly "exposes" me a "bernie bot". fuck off.

we get it, you hate bernie sanders. that's your prerogative. attack him if you want, there are lots of legitimate reasons you can do that over, but don't literally make shit up and then get pissy and childish when someone rebuts it.
Yeah, me saying i would push kids and old people out of the way to vote for him, and being a Bernie supporter for over half the primary really makes me hate Bernie. Noticed you didn't actually respond to the facts about Clinton. You didn't rebut anything. You gave a pathetic list of three demonstrations. I gave you about 20 solid things clinton did from age 19 to now working for people who needed it. Is it impossible for you just to say, huh, i didn't realize she did all that?
No you have to tell me I'm an asshole and to fuck off. very nice. My comment on Bernie bots has now been backed up right here. Thank you.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #863
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Mueller probe over, report due next week

No news on whether it's actually complete or if Barr ended it.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:21 PM   #864
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It’s been reported it’ll be complete for the past two years.

I think it’s a ploy by Trump team to make it appear like it’s mismanaged or is going on forever...

Mueller extended the grand jury by another six months.

In related news Cohen has been granted a delay in reporting to prison due to his poor injured shoulder 🥺🥺

Also how is Roger Stone not in jail for his IG post threatening his judge ?
Old 02-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #865
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Yeah, me saying i would push kids and old people out of the way to vote for him, and being a Bernie supporter for over half the primary really makes me hate Bernie. Noticed you didn't actually respond to the facts about Clinton. You didn't rebut anything. You gave a pathetic list of three demonstrations. I gave you about 20 solid things clinton did from age 19 to now working for people who needed it. Is it impossible for you just to say, huh, i didn't realize she did all that?
again you're just pretentiously assuming you know more than me lol. get over yourself.

sorry i didn't feel the need to go to bernie's wikipedia page or google some random website and just copy-paste in everything he's ever done like you clearly did with hillary. and you can also stop being fucking disingenuous because you know for a fact he's done far more than "a pathetic list of three demonstrations". anyone with half a brain can realize that i was just giving a few examples, but go on being pedantic as fuck if you really insist.

it's also very cool of you to totally dismiss outright a decade of civil rights work in the 60s as "went to a god damn march". again, i'm sure you know it was more than "just" that and you're deliberately misrepresenting it to further your own narrative. being in the vanguard of white people fighting for black civil rights in a time when you could be literally lynched and murdered for that somehow doesn't count as supporting minorities, because womanfish says so.

Quote:
No you have to tell me to fuck off. very nice. My comment on Bernie bots has now been backed up right here. Thank you.
lol cute. we can get back to having a civil discussion once you pull your head out of your own ass and stop calling people bernie bots simply because they said one thing in his defense against your fake bullshit.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:56 PM   #866
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
again you're just pretentiously assuming you know more than me lol. get over yourself.

sorry i didn't feel the need to go to bernie's wikipedia page or google some random website and just copy-paste in everything he's ever done like you clearly did with hillary. and you can also stop being fucking disingenuous because you know for a fact he's done far more than "a pathetic list of three demonstrations". anyone with half a brain can realize that i was just giving a few examples, but go on being pedantic as fuck if you really insist.

it's also very cool of you to totally dismiss outright a decade of civil rights work in the 60s as "went to a god damn march". again, i'm sure you know it was more than "just" that and you're deliberately misrepresenting it to further your own narrative. being in the vanguard of white people fighting for black civil rights in a time when you could be literally lynched and murdered for that somehow doesn't count as supporting minorities, because womanfish says so.

lol cute. we can get back to having a civil discussion once you pull your head out of your own ass and stop calling people bernie bots simply because they said one thing in his defense against your fake bullshit.
Go ahead and take a little time and Wiki or google what he did over his lifetime to help those less fortunate. I'm not stopping you. Just because i actually research a candidate instead of just dismissing them because of what is the pubic sentiment, I'm the bad guy? I'm glad Bernie had that in his past. Does it overshadow what i found about Clinton's background when I actually did a little research? No.
I like Bernie. Watching his announcement, I actually go pulled in again. I like his aspiration, i like his vision, but I also am pragmatic and want to have achievable goals to get to those goals over time, and working with/against an adversarial Republican party.
I think we are more closely aligned than either of us would admit. I want change, I want someone to beat Trump. I think Bernie can do that. I really do. I hope that going forward he can win me over because I could see a Sanders/Harris, a Sanders/Klobuchar ticket laying waste to Trump. Either way i would vote for him in a general, no doubt.
I didn't mean to be condescending, and hope that as Bernie says, we can bring people together instead of tearing them apart. I shouldn't have come off like an asshole or re-litigated the past. Clinton is the past and should stay there. Peace
Old 02-20-2019, 01:56 PM   #867
Blue Crack Addict

okay, i'm over it. just stop calling me a "bernie bot" please because that's 100% untrue and unfair. today is literally the first thing i've ever said in his defense here and that's twice in one week now that you've thrown that at me as a smear tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
It’s been reported it’ll be complete for the past two years.

I think it’s a ploy by Trump team to make it appear like it’s mismanaged or is going on forever...

Mueller extended the grand jury by another six months.
i would be inclined to agree were it not for the fact that nbc independently reported a little while ago that mueller would be done his investigation work in mid-feb. i think compiling and releasing the report itself is going to take longer than next week though.

if it's released to the public on march 12 along with recommendations of criminal charges against dipshit donnie, that would certainly make one hell of a nice birthday present for me
Old 02-20-2019, 02:02 PM   #868
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
okay, i'm over it. just stop calling me a "bernie bot" please because that's 100% untrue and unfair. today is literally the first thing I've ever said in his defense here and that's twice in one week now that you've thrown that at me as a smear.
Fair enough. just brought up some old nastiness on Twitter, which shouldn't factor in for me now.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #869
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
i would be inclined to agree were it not for the fact that nbc independently reported a little while ago that mueller would be done his investigation work in mid-feb. i think compiling and releasing the report itself is going to take longer than next week though.
also this...

Quote:
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week, special counsel's office employees carried boxes and pushed a cart full of files out of their office -- an unusual move that could foreshadow a hand-off of legal work.

At the same time, the Mueller prosecutors' workload appears to be dwindling. Four of Mueller's 17 prosecutors have ended their tenures with the office, with most returning to other roles in the Justice Department.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/20/pol...ent/index.html

so it seems like we are indeed reaching the end of this particular road, one way or another. and not a moment too soon.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:19 PM   #870
Blue Crack Distributor

Yea the only thing that seems to still be an unknown is whether or not this is forced, whether this was planned to end when Barr came on so that he couldn't interfere, or if they really are just done and ready to report.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:29 PM   #871
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Even if they aren't done, I cannot imagine there isn't enough there to charge the whole lot of them.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #872
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Also how is Roger Stone not in jail for his IG post threatening his judge ?
I believe he has a hearing in front of her tomorrow. So who knows where he will be at the end of Thursday...
Old 02-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #873
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
He needs to

--do a better job of explaining how things will be paid for besides just saying he's going to tax the wealthy
--explain his record on guns
--explain the harassment issues his previous campaign apparently had
That's what I want from him. My hesitations about Bernie have always stemmed from, 'how do you plan to do this?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
No one gave a fuck about her website.

Centrists who claim to care about where the money is coming from for farther left policies are people who are fine with where we were under Bill Clinton and Obama.
I mean... I did. It's why I voted for her. She had well thought out policies I could get behind.

And are you saying that a person who leans left would fall under your same assumption that policies don't matter to centrists? Because again, I definitely cared during the 2008 election as well and didn't like Obama as much as Hillary, because again, she had better outlined policies that made more financial sense, to me.

Blanket statements get nobody anywhere (even this one, I'm sure).
Old 02-20-2019, 03:21 PM   #874
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:10 AM
If everything is about being pragmatic, you’ll find yourself to be stuck in a local maximization with no way of searching a trade space for the true global optimally.

That’s why we operate on an incredibly complex insurance-based health system.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #875
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...834950657?s=21
Old 02-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #876
Blue Crack Addict

Just trying to get some ranch...

https://mobile.twitter.com/DJJudd/status/1097713598816808960
Old 02-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #877
Blue Crack Addict

You like my hair? Gee thanks, just bought itClick image for larger version

Name:	Dz3WNPfWwAEtH0G.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	12257
Old 02-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

some of the memes that get posted in this thread certainly deserve a "thank u, next".
Old 02-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #879
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't get it
Old 02-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #880
Blue Crack Addict

Now Trump wants to fire the Director of National Intelligence. He spent the weekend at Mar A Lago venting about him.