US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about the ripple effect of the shutdown on the economy, that's depressing too. All the people who do business with federal employees and agencies, all the spending those employees can't do. All the money lost. Guess orange clown car doesn't care. Let them all get small million dollar loans from their fathers.

Beating a dead horse here but really, reporters need to cut the “BREAKING” from every last report.

It’s Donald Trump. Don’t think you’re breaking much here.

Beating a dead horse here but really, reporters need to cut the “BREAKING” from every last report.

It’s Donald Trump. Don’t think you’re breaking much here.

Plus it's so damn disappointing. You get your hopes up that it's Mueller or that somehow Trump is resigning. Then it's always oh he just said something stupid and/or ignorant again.

Breaking news used to be actual news. Now it's just a gimmick to try to get people interested in TV news. One of the local stations where I live actually has a separate breaking news desk lol

I wonder if Ted Cruz understands that he’s not cool.

Like, that squeaky nasally voice of his is where cool loses its chance.

And I’m not even saying that like “oh Ted Cruz isn’t cool because he’s a republican.” I mean like, if I were a republican, I’d be like “oo Dan Crenshaw navy seal loves his country looks badass stuck it to the libruhl left media could beat you up.”

Ted Cruz... there are no words.

Beto O'Rourke is doing an interview with Oprah. Jeff Zeleny just said on CNN that he's been told Beto is running but it won't be announced for a few more weeks. I think he said the Oprah interview airs in Feb, not sure.

Ted Cruz is a well known character to anyone who attended law school. There is always (at least) one of them, they make themselves known on day 1, and continue to behave with the utmost douchebaggery until graduation, where they carry that over to whatever fancy firm they landed because that firm despite sort of modernizing into the 21st century has at least 50% of its lawyer workforce drawn from the Ted Cruz pool. Which is why the turnover is so high and most associates (90%+) leave the firm before partnership, thus ensuring that Ted Cruz, a species which should be extinct, actually continues to thrive despite all odds.

Here's a piece of actual good news to end the week:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/families-...l-victory-205508575--abc-news-topstories.html

Families of Sandy Hook shooting victims win legal victory in lawsuit against InfoWars, Alex Jones originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

Six families of victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School won a legal victory Friday in their fight against controversial radio and internet personality Alex Jones.

A judge in Connecticut has granted the families’ discovery requests, allowing them access to, among other things, Infowars’ internal marketing and financial documents.

The judge has scheduled a hearing next week to decide whether to allow the plaintiffs’ attorneys to depose Jones.

May Jones and InfoWars go down in flames.

So why did it take the FBI so long to consider Trump a Russian asset ?

From what I’ve read Russia has been courting Trump since the 80s

Non of his mafia ties were a surprise. Even if it was the Russian mob why would the FBI be ok with the commander in chief being involved with organized crime ?

Non of his mafia ties were a surprise. Even if it was the Russian mob why would the FBI be ok with the commander in chief being involved with organized crime ?
Because it all reads like a bad Tom Clancy novel.

Can I interest you in this instead?
bill_clinton_the_president_is_missing_james_patterson_split.jpg

In all honesty though, I believe the answer is beat delivered in 3 parts

1) nobody believed he would win
2) it really is an incredibly hard sell to the general public, even with mountains of evidence... so they didn't try to sell it because
3) nobody believed he would win

Donnie Jr tweeted then deleted-"You know why you can enjoy a day at the zoo? Because walls work"

Chip off the old block.

I wish somebody would drop him smack in the middle of the savannah in Kenya or someplace. He can even have a very manly gun. Let’s see how long he lasts.

I wish somebody would drop him smack in the middle of the savannah in Kenya or someplace. He can even have a very manly gun. Let’s see how long he lasts.

Lol. I'm not a violent person but I really want to punch him. He's so annoying. Privilege by birth who has always lived in that bubble.

Lol. I'm not a violent person but I really want to punch him. He's so annoying. Privilege by birth who has always lived in that bubble.

He irritates me more than all the others combined. Maybe because he has such a punchable face.

With all the new Russia info - what's the theory on McConnell? Is he just such a hyper partisan that he's willing to go down in flames with this dumpster fire eventually (so long as he got his tax cut and his judges and lorded over the Dems for years) or is he knee deep in Russian shit too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom