US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eh ... i've heard firsthand that government workers tend to be much more complex than "predominantly Democrats." certainly your TSA workers might be, but if you go across government agencies, it's much more ideologically diverse. there are government agencies across the country, too, and FAA workers in Oklahoma aren't significantly more liberal than your average cross section of Oklahoma voters. and it's not like most federal workers can afford to live in super-liberal DC itself on their salaries alone, unless they're married to a lawyer or childless and living in a one-bedroom.

on the rural effects bit, this article was both super illuminating and depressing:

and that last line is the single most depressing thing i've read this year so far.

It really depends on the agency. With the FAA folks you speak of, I would credit them with being far more “liberal” than their relative Oklahomans. Perhaps not actually liberals at all, but probably not, as a majority or plurality, supporting the president either.

I don’t know, I’ve had my fair share of interaction with places like the FAA. The one thing you’ll notice is, as they’re supposed to, most in the government talks about politics. Amongst my areas within places like the FAA, though, there’s an overwhelming scientific sense of being logical. I could imagine that ops folks (not my realm) belong to the other side of the isle.

So sure, it’s a complex environment, and predominantly “Democrat” was wrong of me to say, but I’m willing to bet you any bit that there’s a notable majority of federal employees who do not support the President, regardless of their ideologies.

I have some ideas on how the networks can handle their coverage tonight. Air it but have disclaimers in the screen:

IMG_1756.jpgIMG_1757.jpg

If he declares a state of emergency, will THAT be the line for GOP to reel him in? It would also give him additional powers. Examples being shutting down many kinds of electronic communications inside the US, freeze American's bank accounts.......deploy troops inside the country

This is a man who loves dictators.

I don’t think it’s fair to pair Bluer White with gzusfrk. The former doesn’t engage and his exact views are somewhat obscured by that, but the latter lies through his teeth and it’s evident that fact and/or intelligence is unimportant in written argument.

He actually tweeted that most workers not getting paid are Democrats? As usual where are his facts to back that up? And as usual he's a petty foolish incompetent train wreck manchild. And that's being kind.

Also Eric Trump saw a deep state conspiracy in the fact that Twitter suggested that he follow Ellen Degeneres. Ellen pointed out that Ivanka Trump and Tiffany Trump both follow her on Twitter so that probably explains it. Not to mention it's just a randomly insignificant thing.

Eric trying to give Don Jr a run for the title #whichtrumpisthedumbest

He actually tweeted that most workers not getting paid are Democrats? As usual where are his facts to back that up? And as usual he's a petty foolish incompetent train wreck manchild. And that's being kind.

He actually did. And he doesn’t have facts to back that up (that’s not something that would ever get recorded) but given the agencies on full shut down versus the ones not, there’s good reason to believe it’s true.

this isn't disturbing and authoritarian like at all

DwaVZthWkAA-hDC.jpg

DwaVZtkW0AAwiKC.jpg

DwaVZtfWsAAo3Jf.jpg

and because they're the worst kind of wanna be dictators, the morons typed the letter O instead of the number 0

because the people who's job it is to proof read the emails have been furloughed, i guess.

He actually did. And he doesn’t have facts to back that up (that’s not something that would ever get recorded) but given the agencies on full shut down versus the ones not, there’s good reason to believe it’s true.

I know it wouldn't ever be recorded. But all that matters is how petty and heartless it is.

Bluer White? Gzusfrk? You guys want to chime in on this one, or any of the other ever-growing departures from this administration? Or will it just be crickets as usual from you guys?

No reason for me to think Zinni resigning is a good thing for the U.S. Or Mattis.

:shrug:

Paul Manafort shared 2016 presidential campaign polling data with Konstantin Kilimnik, a former employee whom the FBI has said has ties to Russian intelligence, according to a court filing from his defense attorneys.

The apparently inadvertent revelation indicates a pathway by which the Russians could have had access to Trump campaign data.

There's a word for this. Trying to remember what it is...

The only way I watch Trump tonight-it is tonight isn't it? - is if Fiji water woman stands behind him the entire time. Fiji water woman for President. Someone needs to make a meme of her and Trump.

NINTCHDBPICT000460245001-e1546863675825.jpg

Perhaps it was intentional so they can't be accused of fake news...they really said there's over 2 petitions.

I claimed this theory in regards to his random Capitalizations in his tweets.

You know like, he’s not that dumb and he actually writes like that so he can claim Fake News (TM) is something he’s established and the news is not actually fake and he knows that.

But then again there’s just so much stupid out there that disproves this theory.

So a couple illegals murder a couple and that’s a national emergency. But hundreds of children murdered at the hands of mass shooters who were born in the USA, that’s not a national emergency.

Got it! WTG TRUMPETS WTG!

Depressing but maybe a reason for optimism at the same time. If enough of those who voted for him take the same attitude, he'll stand no chance of re-election.

but she voted for him in order to punish the right people? the fuck is that?

Trump and Sarah Huckleberry - 4000 Terrorists have been stopped at the southern border!!!
Reality - 6

Trump and Sarah Huckleberry - Drugs are pouring over the border because there is no wall.
Reality - Over 90% of illegal drugs come in through established entry points.

The WALL was a well thought out idea that Trump really thought was the best immigration solution during his campaign
Reality - Trump campaign advisers couldn't keep him focused during speeches on immigration reform, so they came up with the wall idea for him to talk about because it was simple enough for his tiny brain.

sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom