US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DtnB-vwXQAAOCr5.jpg:large

They're not actually going to seat the drunk uncle next to Hillary at the funeral, are they? The Obamas and Clintons are seated in the front row next to each other. Oh now I see President Carter is next to Hillary and empty chair next to President Obama. Popcorn if Trump sits there.

Melania sat next to President Obama and Trump shook hands with President Obama and Michelle. Michelle did not look comfortable. The Clintons just looked straight ahead.

What I find a little disheartening about the Flynn news is that here's a guy that was military, held high ranking positions within the government, and he sold us out to other countries......and there's no punishment for him.

Granted he is spilling the beans, and maybe Mueller gave him this to try and entice others to come forward versus hoping for a pardon.

Still, it shows that if you're a rich white dude with connections, the justice system is slightly different for you versus a person of color.

Ditto for Jeffery Eptstein

Am I? He's a man who was working on a deal to get the Saudi's nuclear technology (and weapons). He lied to the FBI. He will show collusion with our number one enemy, an enemy that attacked us with his (and others help).

I really hope the information he gave Mueller is the bee's knees.

It's just my opinion, but I feel if Obama had done something similar to McCain/Romney, I don't know that his transition team (and him) get off with the same lack of sentencing.

Giuliani is like a ghoul who wandered in from a silent movie in the 20s and he's now roaming around like a zombie.

Again, an entire day of everyone in the media marvelling how dignified and well-behaved the Bushes are. No, that's really most people. The fact that the orange menace has normalized the worst boorishness is a stain upon us all.

"sure, he's responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths, and ignoring the aids crisis, and creating the crack cocaine epidemic to fund an illegal covert war, and installing fascist dictators, and latin america is still to this day recovering from the damage he did there, but he wasnt a big meanie to people like trump is so we should all admire and respect him and wish for more politicians like that"

- liberals

Last edited:
Giuliani is like a ghoul who wandered in from a silent movie in the 20s and he's now roaming around like a zombie.

Again, an entire day of everyone in the media marvelling how dignified and well-behaved the Bushes are. No, that's really most people. The fact that the orange menace has normalized the worst boorishness is a stain upon us all.

Ghouliani

Midterms are over now.

Do you have a top two or three Democratic presidential candidates?

Do you have a top two or three Republican presidential candidates or are you sticking with the current embarrassment in office?

There will be at least one woman on the Democratic ticket. You can put good money on it.

Of the frontrunners/those appearing to run, I think Kamala Harris is probably the one with the best odds. The others all have issues (Elizabeth Warren is arguably too old, too professorial, and better in a Cabinet sort of position, Amy Klobuchar is terrible on the stump and uninspiring generally in terms of public speaking, Gillibrand I've never liked much as she comes across as somebody who will go whichever way the wind blows). I don't believe Hillary will run again so I'm not even bothering there.

I don't know that I'm sold on O'Rourke but he and Harris would make the most attractive ticket in history, which doesn't matter at all except that they'd be running against the ugliest duo in history (inside and out) so there's that to entertain us. :lol:

I would LOVE to see a woman take the nomination, and win. It's way past time.

But yeah, if O'Rourke or Booker ran, I'd vote for them, too. I think O'Rourke in particular could do a great job of rallying voters. And I'd be interested to see if any other people who haven't yet been mentioned or considered decide to throw their hats into the ring as time goes on, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom