US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #981
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:02 PM
So Steve King's being removed from committee posts over his recent comments. Would be better if he were just removed from office completely, but hey...

https://news.yahoo.com/dem-pushes-ce...-politics.html

Choice quotes from that article:

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell denounced King earlier Monday, saying, "There is no place in the Republican Party, the Congress or the country for an ideology of racial supremacy of any kind."
I fully agree, McConnell. You want to deliver that same message to the guy currently leading your party, as well as his supporters, then?

And on that note...

Quote:
One Republican did not join the chorus of criticism. Asked about King's remarks Monday, President Donald Trump said, "I haven't been following it."
Of course he hasn't .

Old 01-15-2019, 01:40 AM   #982
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:02 PM
I can't handle the pictures of this McDonald's buffet. This is where I draw the line at believing thi is really happening.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:45 AM   #983
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:02 PM
Lmao that is rich. And you know it’s because he wanted a Big Mac.

Honestly that’s probably the most human thing about him.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:23 AM   #984
Blue Crack Supplier

There is a person whose job it was to pile all the dipping sauce containers in the bowls. That’s a thing.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:16 AM   #985
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:02 PM
https://twitter.com/anniekarni/statu...250692096?s=21

This is so messed up.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
There is a person whose job it was to pile all the dipping sauce containers in the bowls. That’s a thing.
But they aren't currently getting paid for it.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:49 AM   #987
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I can't handle the pictures of this McDonald's buffet. This is where I draw the line at believing thi is really happening.

It’s disgusting! Not because I have an inherent bias against fast food but if it’s sitting around and you’re eating it room temp or cold and that cheese has started to congeal, no no no. Gross as it gets.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #988
Blue Crack Distributor

It's cheap, pathetic, gross. So many little problems all stacked up. Some people also pointed out most of that stuff is currently on McDonald's 2 for 5 menu.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #989
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
. Some people also pointed out most of that stuff is currently on McDonald's 2 for 5 menu.
He makes the best deals.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:49 AM   #990
Blue Crack Addict

Well Trump is the fast food of Presidents, so it makes perfect logical sense.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #991
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:02 PM
Twitter's reaction to the fast food buffet was amazing. It brought together political and college football twitter. What kills me is those guys eat so well on campus thanks to training table and here they are in ties eating cold burgers.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #992
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
He makes the best deals.
And he made Burger King pay for it.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #993
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
And he made Burger King pay for it.
Or rather, "Burger Kings", as he apparently called the restaurant in some interview about the event.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:36 AM   #994
Blue Crack Addict

It’s like George Takei said - cheap junk served on silver platters is basically the definition of Trump.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #995
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Has anyone flown since the shutdown? I have a flight on Thursday and I'm curious how long the lines are for TSA checkpoints.

Trump is never going to end this shutdown. Neither will the senate. It's going to take some sort of massive strike or protest from us to get it down.

This is what the GOP has wanted for a long time though, to bring down the Federal Government and start consolidating power while most of us are distracted.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #996
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Trump is never going to end this shutdown. Neither will the senate. It's going to take some sort of massive strike or protest from us to get it down.
Somebody needs to have the guts to either physically force Trump into ending this shutdown (make him sit in the office and tell him he's not leaving until he signs a bill, and make it clear he WILL sign a bill), or this needs to be the motivation to finally kick him out of office entirely. It's absolutely insane that people are allowing him to let his selfishness determine how long this shutdown lasts. He should not be allowed to get away with this bullshit.

I've also seen people suggest they just trick Trump into signing a bill by telling him the money's in there. It's certainly not like he actually bothers to read anything put in front of him that doesn't involve his name, after all, and he's clearly enough of a dumbass that it wouldn't take much to manipulate him. Maybe the Democrats should just play off that at this point, 'cause it seems that's about the only way anything might actually get done.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #997
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #998
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Has anyone flown since the shutdown? I have a flight on Thursday and I'm curious how long the lines are for TSA checkpoints.

This is what the GOP has wanted for a long time though, to bring down the Federal Government and start consolidating power while most of us are distracted.

I’ve flown 3 times since the shutdown. I have noticed TSA agents are starting to talk a lot more and look even more miserable. I haven’t noticed lines bring any longer, which I imagine varies from airport to airport.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #999
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

I was taking a charter flight Sunday night that couldn't take off because that needed a tow and couldn't find someone to operate it.

It was also snowing, so who knows if it was the snow or the shutdown.

Alas, we took off Monday without issue.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #1000
Blue Crack Distributor

This picture is killing me.
Quote:

Just flew from LAX to ORD with no real issue. Seemed like everyone was chill, but I also was apparently put in the precheck line or something, because none of us had to take off shoes or anything. Went really fast. Click image for larger version

Name:	download_20190115_160506.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	12228