US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-10-2019, 08:28 AM   #901
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,521
Local Time: 07:00 PM
So ... people on my phone are telling me that the only way out he has is to declare a national emergency, reopen the government out of his own magnanimity, and then when it’s shot down in court, claim dolschstass via activist liberal judges.

So I guess that’s one possible ending.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #902
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 06:00 PM
https://6abc.com/$17-million-worth-of-fentanyl-seized-at-port-of-philadelphia/3690305/

finally - we can now build a wall around philly (and make jersey pay for it)
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #903
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,846
Local Time: 12:00 AM
Also, https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...military-plane
So better keep those soldiers away from entering the US.
Popmartijn is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #904
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,521
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Trump seems real excited about the Bezos divorce
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:05 PM   #905
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,132
Local Time: 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
So ... people on my phone are telling me that the only way out he has is to declare a national emergency, reopen the government out of his own magnanimity, and then when it’s shot down in court, claim dolschstass via activist liberal judges.

So I guess that’s one possible ending.
Probably the best ending for everyone when you think about it.
mikal is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:06 PM   #906
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/danlamothe/statu...616973312?s=21

The USA is turning into the USFL. Wonder who also destroyed that ??
The hell is "mystery shopping?"
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #907
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
So ... people on my phone are telling me that the only way out he has is to declare a national emergency, reopen the government out of his own magnanimity, and then when it’s shot down in court, claim dolschstass via activist liberal judges.

So I guess that’s one possible ending.
I can see it going this way, but if he declares a national emergency and there is an immediate injunction, what does that do for the shutdown?
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #908
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,208
Local Time: 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
The hell is "mystery shopping?"
Something to do with glory holes maybe?
Hewson is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #909
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,551
Local Time: 11:00 PM
Does anyone really see a happy ending to the Trump Presidency?

The great depression had to be very bleak, with a lot of people wondering if the country would come out of it. The world wars, and nuclear standoff with Russia/Cuba had to be pretty bleak too.

But have we every gone down this road with a leader who's administration entire purpose is to burn down the government and eventually try for a one party rule (why else would the GOP be acting the way they are other than to never give up their power)?

I just wonder if other countries have gone through something similar and came out OK on the other side?
BEAL is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:48 PM   #910
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,551
Local Time: 11:00 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/polit...ter/index.html

Collllluuuuuuuuuuusion????
BEAL is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #911
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Does anyone really see a happy ending to the Trump Presidency?

The great depression had to be very bleak, with a lot of people wondering if the country would come out of it. The world wars, and nuclear standoff with Russia/Cuba had to be pretty bleak too.

But have we every gone down this road with a leader who's administration entire purpose is to burn down the government and eventually try for a one party rule (why else would the GOP be acting the way they are other than to never give up their power)?

I just wonder if other countries have gone through something similar and came out OK on the other side?
We're down a road I don't think we ever fully recover from
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #912
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Danny Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Posts: 9,562
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Does anyone really see a happy ending to the Trump Presidency?
Well, I'm hoping he doesn't get reelected. The next president will still have to do a lot of damage control, even after 4 years.
Danny Boy is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #913
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,521
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Probably the best ending for everyone when you think about it.

everyone except the constitution.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #914
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 06:00 PM
https://twitter.com/ScottMcGrew/stat...78976465121280
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #915
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 06:00 PM
also - i've found the best explanation of how trump is still around

https://twitter.com/jonsnowC4/status/822830726995439616
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #916
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 06:00 PM
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”



Thanks, Iowa!
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #917
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 22,038
Local Time: 06:00 PM
oh look, AEON is in the new york times.
DaveC is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #918
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #919
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,551
Local Time: 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”



Thanks, Iowa!
Luckily I didn't grow up in his district. Des Moines is a much more liberal area of Iowa, surrounded by these types though. But Western Iowa might as well be Nebraska.
BEAL is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #920
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I believe the best answer is this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
also - i've found the best explanation of how trump is still around

https://twitter.com/jonsnowC4/status/822830726995439616
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×