US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t California have their primary much earlier too? That’ll change the landscape of the Dem nominee since there’s a chance it could favor a more progressive candidate versus what Iowa picks

I think a woman on the ticket is a given, especially when you see the results of 2018.

I still have no real clue and no preferred candidate yet — I’m an open book. But Harris/Klobuchar appeals to me on this particular Wednesday afternoon.

It all depends on how splintered the democratic party is for 2020. Will they eat their own again, causing a rift and allowing Russia (China, etc) to influence voters via social media (I'm still not convinced Russia didn't hack votes. Who gets into the voter databases and just stops there?)?

I'd like Harris. She's smart, doesn't back down, and as far as I know doesn't have the last name Clinton anywhere associated with her.

I agree with Irvine that an all woman ticket might be enough to trump Trump.

i like elizabeth warren's policies for the most part, but i don't think she'd do well at the top of the ticket. trump would paint her with every crypto-racist nickname he and donnie jr. could come up with and she'd likely be on the defensive the entire time.

i could definitely get behind something like harris/warren though.

There will be at least 1 woman on the Dem ticket.

And if the ticket is young-ish and attractive it will be especially stark compared to orange Hamberder and Mr. Mother.

So not a woman.... am i right?????? [emoji6][emoji6]

A woman would be great, if not necessary. But I am not sure I see one yet that would be a lock for top of the ticket.
Harris is great, charisma and tenacity. but she's from Cali, which will vote blue anyway, and not seeing her winning back the PA, MI, WI trio that is pretty much necessary this next time around.
I like Warren, but eh, she's lost her shine with me and I don't see her rallying the midwest either.
Gillibrand. Don't know enough yet. I like her from what i have seen, but again from a Dem lock state and doesn't seem particularly charismatic.
Amy Klobuchar i like a lot. from MN which i think would be great for midwest appeal, but presidential..? eh. great VP pick maybe.

There will be at least 1 woman on the Dem ticket.

And if the ticket is young-ish and attractive it will be especially stark compared to orange Hamberder and Mr. Mother.

Still seeing Biden/Booker, Biden/Harris or Booker/Harris as the best combo's so far.

Also think you could throw Sherrod Brown as the VP on a ticket and get Ohio back. that could be game, set match right there.

I think a woman on the ticket is a given, especially when you see the results of 2018.

Yep. There's an awful lot of women either planning to run or talking about running, so we'll definitely have a few more options in that regard this go-round. Which will be great for all kinds of reasons.

I don't have a specific preference yet, either. There's many things I like about Warren, Harris, Klobuchar, and Gillibrand, and I think they could all do well at fighting back against Trump and his nonsense and gaining voters, so I'll be happy with whomever gets the nomination. And if we could get an all female ticket, all the better. Should be a very interesting campaign season.

So, as I mentioned earlier, we are fine. We can (carefully) exist on one paycheck and we have rental income and savings. But after not getting one of our paychecks this week, and increasingly likely that we won’t get the next one, we have cancelled a lot of home reno stuff we had planned for January — wallpapering, fixing a stone wall, a roof repair, etc. Not a ton of money, and stuff we can put off, but these are contractors who’s bottom lines are being affected as work gets shifted and cancelled, and that’s just us. This is going to become a bigger and bigger drain on the economy as we start to batten down the spending hatches and wait it out.

So unthinkably stupid.

I'm so sorry you guys are having to deal with this bullshit. God willing something good happens as soon as humanly possible to finally put an end to this nonsense.

Luckily, the vast majority of Americans are with you in being frustrated by this stupidity, too. If Trump and the GOP want to dig in their heels on this crap, then I hope it backfires on them spectacularly as time goes on, both in terms of future elections and in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom