US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To counteract the wall Go Fund Me, Obama Claus at Children's Hospital in DC. Ah that's much better

Wait till the economy gets even worse and Trump can't fix it. All those wall contributors will want their money back.

2260790c5911b0eb5ad398fce26486c3.jpeg

obama-santa-visit-05-ht-jef-181219_hpEmbed_1x1_992.jpg

4934434_122018wtvdobamasantaclause001.jpg

To counteract the wall Go Fund Me, Obama Claus at Children's Hospital in DC. Ah that's much better

Wait till the economy gets even worse and Trump can't fix it. All those wall contributors will want their money back.

View attachment 12195

View attachment 12196

View attachment 12197

It’s still very hard to believe we went from this guy to the orange turd we have now in office! Before 2016 I’ve never thought it would be possible! Let’s just hope the USA reverses direction in 2020 and we have some sanity back in the White House!

Looks like someone was promised a Trump Tower Istanbul.

I wonder if this will be another thing from twitter that the military ignores.

this might now be my favorite comparison of all time

President Trump’s former social media director said his first reaction when he learned Trump tweeted by himself was: “Oh no.”

Justin McConney served as the director of social media for the Trump Organization from 2011 until 2017 and originally drafted and sent all of Trump’s tweets for him, until one day in 2013 when he said he was surprised when he saw a tweet come straight from Trump.

"The moment I found out Trump could tweet himself was comparable to the moment in 'Jurassic Park' when Dr. Grant realized that velociraptors could open doors," McConney told Politico in an interview. "I was like, 'Oh no.' "

CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif

how do we, as a nation, face the idea that... just as the walls are starting to close in on the russia probe, on the same day...

--Trump orders a withdraw from Syria, baffling even his staunchest supporters in the Senate
--Trump cancels sanctions against businesses owned by Oleg Deripaska, the central Russian oligarch in this whole damn thing

When are people going to realize that this is not a drill? Is it just to unfathomable for people to even consider that the President of the United States is acting on behalf of an adversarial power that they can't connect all of the glaringly obvious dots? how are we not marching in the streets?

how do we, as a nation, face the idea that... just as the walls are starting to close in on the russia probe, on the same day...

--Trump orders a withdraw from Syria, baffling even his staunchest supporters in the Senate
--Trump cancels sanctions against businesses owned by Oleg Deripaska, the central Russian oligarch in this whole damn thing

When are people going to realize that this is not a drill? Is it just to unfathomable for people to even consider that the President of the United States is acting on behalf of an adversarial power that they can't connect all of the glaringly obvious dots? how are we not marching in the streets?

The only way Trump loses support is if he wrecks the economy. He's been doing a pretty good job of that today.

CNN reporting that administration officials are worried that Trump may soon announce that all troops will be withdrawn from Afghanistan. It's like a reverse wag the dog.

Oh, man, for a second i didn't get this, but yeah, Prs. Erdegan of Turkey.

this might now be my favorite comparison of all time

CleverGirl_Fullpic_1.gif
Ohhh, that's a good one.

Until Twumpy gets his border wall funding he's not going to fund the govt to prevent a shut down.

View attachment 12198
I was happy to hear he wasn't-- but then his most Conservative House Reps supporters got on his case. :| Those poor federal workers, and others to be affected. Maybe someone can reconvince him....
not holding my breath

View attachment 12195

View attachment 12196

View attachment 12197
OTOH...

this is a joy to see! :heart:

He's looks so relaxed and having fun, and bringing some joy to kids in challenging circumstances!

Someone should grab some of that footage of Santa Obama and put Bruce's take on "Santa Claus is coming to Town" to it. :D

BTW speaking of Obama - for some great fun look up Fallon 's #Elevator Suprise" He and Michele Obama kept surprising a bunch of different people on an elevator that they thought was taking them to NBC's tour ; but instead opened up on jimmy and michele doing various things (one was them playing a piano for instance) and got both view into the elevatoepr, view from the elevator, and the view in the elevator after they closed the doors. Very funny! :love:

Last edited:
Mattis will step down.

There are no more adults in the White House

Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly were all described as being the only people who could contain Trump

They are all gone now

He is staying on through February, so there's that, at least. And we have the Democrats taking over the House soon, so there'll be another buffer in place then. I hope the Democrats give Trump all kinds of hell.

Also, all those idiots with that stupid GoFundMe for the wall-I hope they'll be down there building the thing, then. They want it so bad, they can set it up themselves. Leave the rest of us out of it.

Mattis will step down.

There are no more adults in the White House

Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly were all described as being the only people who could contain Trump

They are all gone now
:uhoh:

He is staying on through February, so there's that, at least. And we have the Democrats taking over the House soon, so there'll be another buffer in place then. I hope the Democrats give Trump all kinds of hell.

Also, all those idiots with that stupid GoFundMe for the wall-I hope they'll be down there building the thing, then. They want it so bad, they can set it up themselves. Leave the rest of us out of it.

:up:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
all of youse peeps

(just in case i can't get to free wifi in the meantime)

If Trump is gonna go down in flames, he’ll make sure we all go with him

Washington D.C. is reeling following Thursday’s bombshell resignation of Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis. According to CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta, a senior GOP leader on Capitol Hill believes that “the wheels may be coming off” the embattled Trump administration.

In a conversation with CNN host Wolf Blitzer and reporting from the White House lawn, Acosta revealed a text he received from someone described as a “top House Republican who supports the president” and “is in a national security role up on Capitol Hill.” Acosta revealed that he received a text from this individual in response to news of Secretary Mattis’s resignation with “the wheels may be coming off.”

Acosta added that even among the President Trump’s own supporters, who “may not want to say it publicly” but there is some concern that “there is just too much chaos happening all at once over here at this White House.”

Washington D.C. is reeling following Thursday’s bombshell resignation of Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis. According to CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta, a senior GOP leader on Capitol Hill believes that “the wheels may be coming off” the embattled Trump administration.

If only there was some sort of a sign that Trump was incompetent before he was elected, or for the previous 2 years when the GOP rubber stamped everything.

Hahahahaha the wheels *may* be coming off.

As if there were any wheels in the first place.

Thank you so much, America. Politics in Australia is fucking moronic right now, but no matter what happens, we know we always have you to make us look less vile by comparison. Cheers.

In a conversation with CNN host Wolf Blitzer and reporting from the White House lawn, Acosta revealed a text he received from someone described as a “top House Republican who supports the president” and “is in a national security role up on Capitol Hill.” Acosta revealed that he received a text from this individual in response to news of Secretary Mattis’s resignation with “the wheels may be coming off.”

Acosta added that even among the President Trump’s own supporters, who “may not want to say it publicly” but there is some concern that “there is just too much chaos happening all at once over here at this White House.”
Draining the swamp, one competent adult at a time!

Tweet from @JenGriffinFNC: Sr US defense official tells me: The President made the decision to pull out of Syria last Fri Dec 14 after speaking with Turkish President Erdogan, who told Trump Turkish forces were planning to enter Syria to go after the Kurdish PKK and warned US troops to get out of the way.

Tweet from @JenGriffinFNC: Sr US defense official tells me: The President made the decision to pull out of Syria last Fri Dec 14 after speaking with Turkish President Erdogan, who told Trump Turkish forces were planning to enter Syria to go after the Kurdish PKK and warned US troops to get out of the way.

So maybe Turkey told Trump we’ll shut down Trump Tower or nahhhhh

Is anyone still defending their Jill Stein vote?

Hillary Clinton didn’t EARN my precious, sacred vote because she failed to personally come to my door with coffee, bagels, and a warm smile and promise me free college.

I bet she’s regretting that now!

Trump must be real pissed that he had to postpone his trip to Mar-a-Lago. That's at least one less round of golf he'll get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom