US Politics VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's three types of Trump voters.

A) the true believers

B) the "he's just taking about how things used to be. He's not a racist and neither am I, cause I used to know a black guy back in college" group (probably the majority)

C) conservatives who are too soft and insecure to vote for a democratic candidate, even when they know deep down that this shit is wrong. these are the worst types, as there's zero excuse.

I fear for what may happen next Sunday on the anniversary of Charlottesville. They've moved their rally to DC and are expecting more people than the last go around - and we know how that ended.

Hoooo boy, yeah. :sigh:
Even though you're white be careful out there. Don't look "liberulish" that day! :wink:

Holy hell, these people are beyond stupid.

Tell me again why we're supposed to try and "reach out" to them? Clearly they've lost any and all ability to see reason or logic (if they could ever see it at all).
Omg! I saw that earlier on msn! Just fucking' woah' :crack:
There's three types of Trump voters.

A) the true believers

B) the "he's just taking about how things used to be. He's not a racist and neither am I, cause I used to know a black guy back in college" group (probably the majority)

C) conservatives who are too soft and insecure to vote for a democratic candidate, even when they know deep down that this shit is wrong. these are the worst types, as there's zero excuse.

? D) Those who are too greedy, and got tgeir, or their corporation's tax cuts?

Ya think Trump is just dumb (okay well we know he's dumb) and poked LeBron because he remembers how much people hated him when he left the last time?

No.

I think that Trump's tweets are like those farts that come out unexpectedly, like you bend over and there it is. No forethought. But the difference being is that most of us would at least have some sense of embarrassment afterwards.

E) religious conservatives who vote for the anti-abortion candidate/party no matter what.

This.

Abortion justifies *everything* to these people. Because the other side kills babies. So you could club baby seals, at least it isn’t killing babies.

Last edited:
No.

I think that Trump's tweets are like those farts that come out unexpectedly, like you bend over and there it is. No forethought. But the difference being is that most of us would at least have some sense of embarrassment afterwards.

Trump doesn't have any well thought out views on anything. His campaign, for example, was just a lot of stuff cherry picked from both sides to appeal to disaffected white working and middle class voters who will show up for GOP primaries and caucuses. There's no intellectual coherence at all.

If he thought the way for him to win was to say "Free late-term partial-birth abortions for everybody!" he'd say that. If he thought the way for him to win was to say "Death by torture for baby-killing whores!" he'd say that. Has has no center.

One of the scariest things about Trump is his inability to show even the tiniest bit of empathy.

California is dealing with a natural disaster that has claimed lives, so a simple tweet like this would have been what a normal sitting President would have done:

“my heart goes out to those in California who are dealing with this disaster and we stand ready to help in any way we can.”

Instead we have Trump blaming California and its environmental policies for creating this disaster!

California is dealing with a natural disaster that has claimed lives, so a simple tweet like this would have been what a normal sitting President would have done:

“my heart goes out to those in California who are dealing with this disaster and we stand ready to help in any way we can.”

Instead we have Trump blaming California and its environmental policies for creating this disaster!

This. There's been a lot of natural disasters this year that he hasn't even bothered to comment on, nor has he taken any trips out to oversee the damage and suffering (and if he did, he'd probably just throw paper towels at everyone and consider it good).

But he sure manages to find plenty of time to sit around and rant about athletes for...reasons. And take golf trips, too, whose numbers are far outweighing the amount of golf outings Obama took throughout his presidency.

One of the scariest things about Trump is his inability to show even the tiniest bit of empathy.

And neither do his supporters, which is even more troubling. We could point out all the above to them and they'd probably say California deserved those fires because, "LOL, liberal elites", and find some way to justify and defend his lack of action.

It's so fucked up.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/08/06/trump-rallies-record-tivo-watch-later/23497038

Trump reportedly likes to TiVo his rallies and watch them later like game film. He especially likes the lines that are "evidence of his brilliance".

...ooooooookay, then.

I'm especially amused at how he thinks the PT Barnum comparison is apparently some kind of compliment. When people compare politics to a circus, it's not meant in a positive sense, after all. And this...

According to Trump, the moment he told Clinton she'd "be in jail" if he were in charge of the laws in the US was "the greatest thing that ever happened in the history of presidential debates,"

:banghead:

I honestly wonder how the hell he'd react if he ever were to actually go to prison for his crimes. Or how his supporters would respond, for that matter.

[tweet]1026773069828907008[/tweet]

You can't negotiate with the GOP, you can't meet them halfway. This is who they always were. Trump's election just led them to realizing how much they had been selling themselves short. They don't need to bother with dog whistles anymore.

The Democratic Party has become the "normal" right wing, everything to the right of them is the fringe. Denying this is political, and more importantly moral, malpractice at this point.

We really are at that point.

Also, does anybody have a more punchable face than Stephen Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom